Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 08-03-2016, 01:39 AM

Elune

I don't know your experiences guys but I think I am now feeling fully justified in my prediction that Wild mode will be a fetid swamp. It's all well constructed rush decks all day every day, no matter how low you sink you can't enjoy fun decks over there.

And to make matters worse Standard is not much better, except it has less cards and is less fun. Yeah these changes sure did improve the game
Old 08-03-2016, 02:08 PM

Eternal

I actually haven't tried Wild yet. Was planning on it before but just haven't bothered. I might try it when the next year starts but I can't say I miss GvG.

The new Tavern Brawl is pretty weird. Opponent is City of Stormwind. I think you can just go for a high score for fun but no matter what happens you'll lose and get a pack.

Also two new cards:
Old 08-03-2016, 04:42 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

when are we getting a "wow cool deck dude" emote.

zoo is getting out of control. is this fun for people? like i imagine winning a bunch but with the most straight bored face imaginable like play a real deck lmao
Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

A lot of people hate this meta but what can you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:37 PM

Eternal

This Tavern Brawl is great for doing quests in. I just hit end turn constantly and get my guaranteed win.

Some new cards including Medivh. The first hero to be a playable card. Hearthstone keeps proving time and again it's not actually restricted from doing anything.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
This Tavern Brawl is great for doing quests in. I just hit end turn constantly and get my guaranteed win.

Some new cards including Medivh. The first hero to be a playable card. Hearthstone keeps proving time and again it's not actually restricted from doing anything.
Well Dumbledore can collect his own chocolate frog card (or he could until Snape killed him) that's all the justification one ever needs!

Also I think they hotfixed the brawl to only count if you do something like 28dmg.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:25 AM

Elune

he;s not the first. Ragnaros? Jaraxxus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Also I think they hotfixed the brawl to only count if you do something like 28dmg.
I'm still getting credit at the moment. I just toss out one minion at the start and end turn spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
he;s not the first. Ragnaros? Jaraxxus?
I mean the actual playable hero skins of the classes.

Now I kind of want to see a Caverns of Time expac. Potential legendaries are limitless. From Nelf version of Azshara to Doomhammer. Plus Thrall playing his old self.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:20 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Now I kind of want to see a Caverns of Time expac. Potential legendaries are limitless. From Nelf version of Azshara to Doomhammer. Plus Thrall playing his old self.
Battle of Mt. Hyjal
Play as three heroes within the same match (recommended: Jaina, then Thrall, then Malfurion) to defeat an overpowered Archimonde.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:21 PM

Eternal

That would be cool. I like the brawl with two players facing an NPC.

Also they've released the rest of the cards. Too many to post.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:43 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Battle of Mt. Hyjal
Play as three heroes within the same match (recommended: Jaina, then Thrall, then Malfurion) to defeat an overpowered Archimonde.
That'd be neat. Just a hold out type situation.

Or a marathon where you have to beat four opponents while lasting x number of turns.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Battle of Mt. Hyjal
Love the idea! When one hero is overwhelmed they can explode and be replaced by the next one except if Malfy dies before the turn you need to survive until, you lose. Bonus points for Blizz if heroes teleport out instead of exploding in the end.

Checked out the new cards, bit underwhelmed with the legendaries at first glance. Except Barnes, he is going into my "big huge minions" deck for sure.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:07 PM

Arch-Druid

...so Purify looks kinda terrible for Priests. (2 mana, silence a friendly minion and draw a card.)

But, I can kinda see where it could be useful. Not so much for activating cards like Ancient Watcher or Eerie Statue, but for when you need it.

Mage used Frost Nova/Doomsayer? Purify to remove the Freeze from a minion and punch 'em in the face.
Beefy minion get Keeper of Uldaman'd/told to follow the rules? Get it's attack back.
Auchenai on the board, you need to heal to get out of lethal range, and your opponent has nothing on the board? Shut it up and blow some heals.

I mean, it's still a shit card, but I can see it being useful in some cases. It's just... not what Priest needed right now.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Priests don't need to be viable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Elune

The new adventure arrives August 11th, get hype!

*waits*
*waits*
*August 11th, gets hype*
*gets food, takes things slow*
*waits*
*waits*
*gets tired of waiting*
*checks google*

Europe gets the adventure a day later.

*beat*

Old 08-11-2016, 10:50 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
The new adventure arrives August 11th, get hype!

*waits*
*waits*
*August 11th, gets hype*
*gets food, takes things slow*
*waits*
*waits*
*gets tired of waiting*
*checks google*

Europe gets the adventure a day later.

*beat*

Still don't have it on this side of the pond either

Edit: nvm, just got it. Medivh is pretty OP as the player in the intro.

From there the silverware golem was easily smashed by my tempo Mage. That said the class challenge against it was considerably harder, as it had much less board control. The magic mirror was slightly more challenging, but it's 1/1 clones of every single minion played were beneficial to both sides, and the Shaman Class challenge didn't seem difficult at all. The final chess game had a slight learning curve. Use the hero ability as often as you can.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 08-11-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-11-2016, 12:53 PM

Eternal

Playing as Medivh as fun with powerful cards. Malchezaar's extremely tough though.

I like how they have some music that sounds reminiscent of the old Kara music music.

This is pretty lolsy. Got Yogg-saron out of the legendary spell, it got sent to my hand by duplicate. Then I played Yogg-saron and it cast gang up on itself. So many spells going off.

Last edited by Shadowsong; 08-11-2016 at 01:05 PM..
Old 08-11-2016, 02:57 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Playing as Medivh as fun with powerful cards. Malchezaar's extremely tough though.

I like how they have some music that sounds reminiscent of the old Kara music music.

This is pretty lolsy. Got Yogg-saron out of the legendary spell, it got sent to my hand by duplicate. Then I played Yogg-saron and it cast gang up on itself. So many spells going off.
Malchezar on heroic is ridiculous. He has double life, double armor, and a double sized deck. Plus 6 starting mana. I'm overdrawing my deck by the time I break through that 60 armor. I got lucky after a dozen attempts.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Ok, that was strange.

Failed in my first try on normal, because my draw was awful. Beat him in the second.

And then I beat Malchezar immediatly on Heroic.

I had THREE Apprentices on the field and never ran even slightliest out of cards.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Ok, that was strange.

Failed in my first try on normal, because my draw was awful. Beat him in the second.

And then I beat Malchezar immediatly on Heroic.

I had THREE Apprentices on the field and never ran even slightliest out of cards.
That'd be the key. I had significant trouble keeping those alive, but they were what allowed me to move forward on my successful attemp.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:33 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

if you throw a divine shield on moroes he's kind of a boss tbh

granted I'm out here messing with low ranks but
Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Malchezar on heroic is ridiculous. He has double life, double armor, and a double sized deck. Plus 6 starting mana. I'm overdrawing my deck by the time I break through that 60 armor. I got lucky after a dozen attempts.
I lucked out on my second heroic attempt. Early game Astral power into Gahz'rilla, evocation, arcane blast it twice. Felt like I cheesed it but I'll take it.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Human Icon (War3) En passant

Chess game was pretty fun.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:31 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Is it just me or is the Shaman deck in this weeks brawl... by FAR the most consistent/best deck?
Old 08-12-2016, 10:07 AM

Eternal

Heroic Silverware Golem still went down to my tempo Mage, but it was a lot closer

Tags
black knight best knight, blizz plays pot of greed, brawl is best ever, children's card games, digimon, exodia, eye of kilrog, new magma rager, pokemon, tcg