Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeifrey View Post
A couple new screen shots from earlier this week taken from the 360.

Holy fuck the Orc there looks awesome... Wait it all does now all they need is more Voice actors !

Run
Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Holy fuck the Orc there looks awesome... Wait it all does now all they need is more Voice actors !
yeah i hope they really get alot more voice actors, and i hope they change the sounds people make when you hurt them in combat,especialy the sounds of the female chars. It was really creepy when you rfighting them and they sound like a guy .

But back to the pictures i personaly think the Kahjit looks fucking awesome.

Last edited by Arkeifrey; 04-21-2011 at 03:27 PM..
Old 04-22-2011, 02:33 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Agreed, that Orc is really cool. I've always liked playing the ugly, pariah races in these kind of games. But yeah, they definitely need more, and better, voice actors.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Piggy View Post
Agreed, that Orc is really cool. I've always liked playing the ugly, pariah races in these kind of games. But yeah, they definitely need more, and better, voice actors.
The Voice actors have never ever been bad theres just few of them and there over used.

Run
Old 04-22-2011, 07:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Piggy View Post
Well ugly and pariah race... considering their origin... that fits pretty much to a T

They were elves, which their god was eaten and defecated as another god and the elves turned into orcs, if you feel like calling them pieces of shits it would be indeed correct in this series
Old 04-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Arch-Druid

I often wish that Oblivion had the double-dealing, morally ambiguous political intrigue that was one of the centrepieces of Morrowind. Namely, that the truth presented by Uriel Septem and the Imperials was one of many truths.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadifa View Post
I often wish that Oblivion had the double-dealing, morally ambiguous political intrigue that was one of the centrepieces of Morrowind. Namely, that the truth presented by Uriel Septem and the Imperials was one of many truths.
I think Oblivion was more centred on Oblivion, and the nature of the world
Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Well ugly and pariah race... considering their origin... that fits pretty much to a T

They were elves, which their god was eaten and defecated as another god and the elves turned into orcs, if you feel like calling them pieces of shits it would be indeed correct in this series
Yeah, its a...unique backstory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadifa View Post
Definitely. As the centre of the Empire I always thought Cyrodiil should combine the politics of Daggerfall, and the racial/religious issues of Morrowind (the Imperial city is supposed to have thousands of temples and cults, but there is just one, for example). It was quite disappointing.

Quote:
The Voice actors have never ever been bad theres just few of them and there over used.
I dunno, they just seemed so...lifeless to me. Maybe its the models, but the voice acting never seemed that real to me.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 PM

Eternal

We just gotta wait some more.

Though what I'm wondering is besides all the awesome graphics, detailed texture and a brand new world that we have not explored besides in Morrowind...how exactly will the factions work out?

We can assume already what some factions are.

Imperial Legion of Skyrim(Such as how in Morrowind the Imperial Legion was sort of the second or main authority besides the Temple. "Praise the Three")

The Kingdom of Skyrim; of course because the monarchy still exists but would be more or less controlled by the warlords or second authority since the king is dead and apparently has no heir to the throne. Reminds me of Oblivion only its an actual civil war besides the Elder Council and its aristocractic ways taking over the Imperium quickly so none would be the wiser.

Dark Brotherhood; We need an assassin guild. Morrowind had both the Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood (moreso Morag Tong and its interesting way of being an assassin organization, which was legal) and Oblivion had the Dark Brotherhood and its occult. But I will expect there to be the same old rivalry due to Morrowind only be to the east of the border. Who knows, we could join both. (Although Morrowind has a state is still destroyed, Morag Tong would still exist both legally in Solisthime and the mainland.)

Separatist/Rebel Nords; Since the Empire is falling apart and only has a few provinces it would be a shocker if we could not join the rebel Nords on their quest for Independence. It might be like Morrowind where you technically join all three Great Houses at the end but you can literally be the leader of one you offically joined first. That way you can skip that one.

Mages Guild: There will always be Mages. Always.

Fighters Guild: As stated above, the Fighters Guild has existed as a playable faction since Morrowind or maybe even Dagger-Fall if they existed at that point. To not include them is sheer shock to nostalgia.

Insert-Nord-Religious-Group; Much like the Temple of Morrowind/Vvardenfall and the Talos Cult, I'm guessing we can be a saint for the holy order of whatever. I mean honestly who hasn't played Morrowind and not decided to join the native religion of the Almansivi in order to gain a better feeling of welcome there? (Besides, you get even better reputation with Redoran members if you are not only apart of them but apart of the Temple.)

Talos Cult: The Imperium at this stage would attempt to make all territories in the falling Empire adhere to the Eight and the One as the offical religion above all others. So I won't expect the nice-but-intruding Talos Cult from Morrowind but a much more fantatical one that seeks the total belief in Talos and the Eight Divines.

Dragon-Guild; Not I'm not saying to literally "join the dragons" but there will be a guild I suspect that will either want to protect the dragons and use them as weapons or a hunter guild that pays for their scale hides. Or maybe just Dragon-huggers.

Daedra Cults; At this time alot of Cults (not only the Talos type) would attempt to assert their authority over the religious of Skyrim. So, who else but the daedra cults? We've done quests for the Lords of Oblivion ever since Dagger-Fall but I'd want something more from them rather than the best tools of destruction or amusement. I'd like to actually serve them for one rather than be a traveler who just happens upon a shrine and the god goes "eh, what the hell. Not like I'm losing anything". It'd be much more reasonable that they give their prized materials to their highest worshippers/Warriors.

City-Warlord?; Well considering that Skyrim ruled under a King it wouldn't be a shame if this faction did or did not exist. I'm guessing if there are Warlords in Skyrim that control the various Skyrim cities be they of night Elf, Nord or imperial like they might offer you a deal you can't refuse.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 04-24-2011, 01:27 PM

Site Staff - Admin

I'm just gonna say it now, I found Morrowind hard to enjoy. I so desperately wanted to get into it, but it never really worked. I guess it was because I played Oblivion first and I'd constantly be missing certain features or looking down upon the predecessor as I was playing Morrowind. Not saying it's a bad game, just I couldn't enjoy it.

Last edited by Shaman; 04-24-2011 at 01:37 PM..
Old 04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Eternal

I can guess why immediately; Vauge descriptions of locations to visit. Amirite, for that sometimes irritates me too.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 08-19-2011, 02:28 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

On the subject of Elder Scrolls, apparently Bethesda think that Mojang (Notch - Minecraft and what not) calling their new game 'Scrolls' infringes on their trademark. Which seems a bit silly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 08-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Probably won't go anywhere. Be like Blizzard trying to sue every game with the word 'World' in it.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:35 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Probably won't go anywhere. Be like Blizzard trying to sue every game with the word 'World' in it.
That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 08-19-2011, 03:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
On the subject of Elder Scrolls, apparently Bethesda think that Mojang (Notch - Minecraft and what not) calling their new game 'Scrolls' infringes on their trademark. Which seems a bit silly to me.
It's not bethesda but their publishing company which shares the same name
Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 PM

And then notch proposed to solve the whole mess by them battling it out in a match of quake 3
Old 08-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Arch-Druid

A glimpse at the new faces in Skyrim. My GOD! They did the Dark Elves right this time. The orcs stand out very well too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 PM

Elune

New Kajit or whatever faces look nice.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

I love the nords.

The khajiit look kind of dumb in my opinion.

I looks as though a lot of the races have a greyish tint to their skin as well.

Oh and I agree I thought that the Dark Elves looked amazing.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I think that the female faces look just horrible.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Elune

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I think that the female faces look just horrible.
I am just going to guess but I think the faces were just created through the randomizer button that they usually have.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I just hope the editor will be easier to use.
It took ages to make a somewhat cute looking female orc face.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:01 PM

Elune

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I just hope the editor will be easier to use.
It took ages to make a somewhat cute looking female orc face.
That was because the oblivion faces didn't really look human(This goes for non human-like races as well), but this is something they fixed in Skyrim.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Arch-Druid

DONT WORRIE GUIZ, TEH ANIME MODZ'LL B OUT RITE AFTR REL3SE NDA ALL DEM GURLZ WLIL B PURDY!!

Now really! I didn't think they were all that bad, aside from a few Khajiit looks. One thing I noticed, though it may be the lighting, is that most faces look worn and a tad dirty. Anyone else see this?

Now I must admit to this one thing about Skyrim ... the one thing in the back of my mind that I've been clinging to hope with is that the Knights of the Nine will somehow feature in the game or that Pelinal's armor could be reattained, or at least seen... I was a total and complete sucker for that add-on and it ended with them saying they should have an expedition to Skyrim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Elune

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
DONT WORRIE GUIZ, TEH ANIME MODZ'LL B OUT RITE AFTR REL3SE NDA ALL DEM GURLZ WLIL B PURDY!!

Now really! I didn't think they were all that bad, aside from a few Khajiit looks. One thing I noticed, though it may be the lighting, is that most faces look worn and a tad dirty. Anyone else see this?

Now I must admit to this one thing about Skyrim ... the one thing in the back of my mind that I've been clinging to hope with is that the Knights of the Nine will somehow feature in the game or that Pelinal's armor could be reattained, or at least seen... I was a total and complete sucker for that add-on and it ended with them saying they should have an expedition to Skyrim.
I loved that armor, I just wish the stats were better for a pure warrior.

Also I loved Lord Kelvyn's Bulwark it was the best shield in the game.

Tags
a lordaeron in cyrodil, best game ever, elder scrolls, elsweyr is lordaeron, n'wahs everywhere, video games