Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2011, 01:50 AM

Demon Hunter

Default Daywatch MMO

Just watched an aesthetically beautiful movie called Daywatch, and I thought

Wow , this is a great universe to have an MMO in.

There are two factions, Light and Dark. But calling Dark evil is like calling Horde evil.

Inside these factions, Light has a "police force" if you will, called Nightwatch and Dark has one called Daywatch. They make sure their opposing factions dont break a truce they entered long ago.

There are many different classes such as Mage, scorceress, shifter, succubus, incubus, werewolves, vampires, magicians, witches, enchantress. Plenty of cool shit.

Thats my take on it, maybe you thought something different if you saw it.
If you havent, check it out.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:13 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Am I the only one who misread the title and said "Why the hell would anyone want to play a Baywatch MMO?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Am I the only one who misread the title and said "Why the hell would anyone want to play a Baywatch MMO?"
*raises hand*
NERF HASSELHOFF. CHESTHAIR SPEC IS TOTALLY OP.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sift View Post
Just watched an aesthetically beautiful movie called Daywatch, and I thought

Wow , this is a great universe to have an MMO in.

There are two factions, Light and Dark. But calling Dark evil is like calling Horde evil.

Inside these factions, Light has a "police force" if you will, called Nightwatch and Dark has one called Daywatch. They make sure their opposing factions dont break a truce they entered long ago.

There are many different classes such as Mage, scorceress, shifter, succubus, incubus, werewolves, vampires, magicians, witches, enchantress. Plenty of cool shit.

Thats my take on it, maybe you thought something different if you saw it.
If you havent, check it out.
Just watched the movie, and yes, the background would be pretty good for pretty much any MMO. I'm surprised no one has made something like that before :S.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
You are not alone.

Btw, I wonder what they're going to do for the next book in the series, which is called Twilight Watch.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Demon Hunter

Well im glad Lonami took it seriously.... -___-

Yeah doesnt it seem like a great setup already? Its hard to find franchises so ready for MMO production. Not even Warcraft was this ready, imho.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Well im glad Lonami took it seriously.... -___-

Yeah doesnt it seem like a great setup already? Its hard to find franchises so ready for MMO production. Not even Warcraft was this ready, imho.
Sadly some people can't be constructive even for a second...

Most MMOs these days, and most RPG across history, have the same "good vs evil" setup that, well, got boring ages ago. Neutral vs Neutral is the way to go (like WoW started to be, there was no playable evil race).

I think it's so ready for MMO production because the main plot of the movie was about A vs B, night vs day. There was no evil, and there isn't reasons to believe one has the fault or one is more brutal than the other.

It's just a clash of nature, in some way. Settings like "sea people against land people" or "fields people against nightforest people" would match with the main idea pretty good, but you don't see that anywhere, you just see invasions, fights and whatever, but no real "we fight for our survival".

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM

Demon Hunter

I completely agree. Good and Evil conflict is boring at this point.
Neutral vs Neutral is so much more interesting. It allows for so much more character and story development.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
I completely agree. Good and Evil conflict is boring at this point.
Neutral vs Neutral is so much more interesting. It allows for so much more character and story development.
I don't know, "Order of the stick" made the conflict of good vs evil interesting, mostly because their main mechanic of was not much of good vs evil, but party of various alignments vs various party of various alignments, and how each character acted strictly inside their alignment

I also liked the concept of the lawful good heaven
Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM

Demon Hunter

I liked the Darksiders universe. The conflict there was pretty good IMO, and Heaven wasnt the greatest.