Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-08-2018, 08:14 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Well I want to be hyped for Worgen update but part of me is too worried that Blizzard will make them fluffy and cute, misinterpreting the feedback about the perma-snarl faces and going on the complete other end of the horseshoe. I'm sure furries and people who like fat moonkin will like that, but not me who wants Worgen to be more reminiscent of classic horror werewolves.
Yeah, I've always thought the worgen should look more like this:

A bit more muscular though.

I dread the introduction of vulpera. Foxes are the condoms of the furry fandom, so you know they're going to set up their own ERP communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Why are they called "Junker" gnomes anyway? I've been out of the loop for a while and couldn't find anything on wowpedia.
Maybe because the other races think they look like they're made of junk metal? I know they don't, but I can't think of anything else.

Last edited by Mungo; 10-08-2018 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: fixed image
Old 10-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post

I dread the introduction of vulpera. Foxes are the condoms of the furry fandom, so you know they're going to set up their own ERP communities.
"Vulpera is a bad addition to the game because roleplayers are going to set their groups up"
Old 10-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Why are they called "Junker" gnomes anyway? I've been out of the loop for a while and couldn't find anything on wowpedia.
It's all due to datamining. BfA added a bunch of new gnome art assets, whose textures files often include "junkergnome" in the file names, there's an unused map file called "Junker Gnome Caverns," and the skin for the cyborg prairie dog model is also called "Junker" in the files.

Here's an MMO-Champion thread that complies all of it.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Sha of Disappointment

I wonder if that isn't all just for the Gnomeregan Pet-Dungeon. Are gnomes popular enough to warrant an Allied Race?
Old 10-08-2018, 12:46 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I wonder if that isn't all just for the Gnomeregan Pet-Dungeon. Are gnomes popular enough to warrant an Allied Race?
Blizzard doesn't make new art assets for pet dungeons, at least they haven't for Wailing Caverns or Deadmines. Update: Also the Gnomeregan pet dungeon is open the PTR, and none of this stuff is in it.

There's also the constant references to gnomes turning themselves into robots in BfA.

You've got the whole weird questline in Tiragarde about the lost gnome colony in the "Junkheap" vault that ends with the quest giver saying he's going to get help from Ironforge to open it up, Kelsey Steelspark mentioning that she wants to become a machine in the war campaign, and now in 8.1 this line from Gallywix about High Tinker Mekkatorque.

Quote:
Seriously, this guy is really obsessed with machines. Makes me think he wants to be part robot or somethin'!

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 10-08-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Old 10-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Its a safe bet that every race is getting an allied race spinoff. I mean, thus far, that's been the case. So I don't see why gnomes wouldn't.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:02 PM

Elune

Old 10-08-2018, 04:50 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Its a safe bet that every race is getting an allied race spinoff. I mean, thus far, that's been the case. So I don't see why gnomes wouldn't.
I wonder what Worgen would get.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:53 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Probably saberon, since they share the same skeleton. They showed several escaping into the barrens from alt-Draenor in the mag'har recruitment scenario.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Saberon could be interesting based on what Mungo said.

My own expectation is bringing back some of the original NE druids-turned-worgen and have them be more "feral".
Old 10-08-2018, 06:23 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
My own expectation is bringing back some of the original NE druids-turned-worgen and have them be more "feral".
Theoretically such a thing wouldn't even necessarily mean more Alliance worgen. Sylvanas did have a prior alliance with Ralaar Fangfire during the invasion of Gilneas, after all. One could perhaps speculate that if some more Druids of the Pack turned out to have remained dormant within the Emerald Dream all this time and Genn's forces are giving the Forsaken enough trouble, she might feasibly make some Horde druids go wake them up and recruit them to fight the night elves.

Which one might expect such worgen to gladly do, since Alpha Prime's druids hated Malfurion's guts and were all about forcibly infecting other night elves with their curse. Plus with the Scythe of Elune rendered inert at the end of Legion, there would be no way to bring such victims back to sanity and stop them from following the Druids of the Pack and attacking their night elf brethren.

Last edited by ARM3481; 10-08-2018 at 06:33 PM..
Old 10-08-2018, 07:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Blizzard doesn't make new art assets for pet dungeons, at least they haven't for Wailing Caverns or Deadmines. Update: Also the Gnomeregan pet dungeon is open the PTR, and none of this stuff is in it.

There's also the constant references to gnomes turning themselves into robots in BfA.

You've got the whole weird questline in Tiragarde about the lost gnome colony in the "Junkheap" vault that ends with the quest giver saying he's going to get help from Ironforge to open it up, Kelsey Steelspark mentioning that she wants to become a machine in the war campaign, and now in 8.1 this line from Gallywix about High Tinker Mekkatorque.
There was also that weird text about some Gnome ritual.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Theoretically such a thing wouldn't even necessarily mean more Alliance worgen. Sylvanas did have a prior alliance with Ralaar Fangfire during the invasion of Gilneas, after all. One could perhaps speculate that if some more Druids of the Pack turned out to have remained dormant within the Emerald Dream all this time and Genn's forces are giving the Forsaken enough trouble, she might feasibly make some Horde druids go wake them up and recruit them to fight the night elves.

Which one might expect such worgen to gladly do, since Alpha Prime's druids hated Malfurion's guts and were all about forcibly infecting other night elves with their curse. Plus with the Scythe of Elune rendered inert at the end of Legion, there would be no way to bring such victims back to sanity and stop them from following the Druids of the Pack and attacking their night elf brethren.
Well that makes sense because if the Alliance gets Holy-Undead, then Horde would probably get an Alliance race in exchange. And I don't see Junkergnomes going Horde considering that their leader will probably be Mecchatorque.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:18 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Well that makes sense because if the Alliance gets Holy-Undead, then Horde would probably get an Alliance race in exchange. And I don't see Junkergnomes going Horde considering that their leader will probably be Mecchatorque.
Well there's that, but I wasn't actually basing it on faction parity.

I was thinking more that as long as Sylvanas is collecting leftover Scourge loyalists and RPing as the Lich King, she may as well get her own Wolf Cult too.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:09 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Do we need to have this conversation every single time a new Anthropomorphic race gets teased/added?

Tauren have been in since Vanilla

Draenai are basically one step removed from Furry got added in TBC

Worgen were in since Cata.

Pandaren came after that.

And to top it off, there's already ERP communities that have been around that have had no need of any of these races in particular to maintain themselves. (Other than Draenei maybe)

So you can stop worrying.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post

If there was ever a Horde variant of Worgen they'd basically be like the Red Talons or Predator Kings from the World of Darkness games. (As in, werewolves that utterly despise humanity and embrace their beast completely.)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:35 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
There was also that weird text about some Gnome ritual.
The ritual was about King Grong, the giant gorilla boss in Zuldazar. He's one of the super intelligent gorillas from that one questline who wants to fight the Horde and volunteers for an experiment to make him giant, but also remove his intelligence.

Update: The night warrior quests are in Alliance side; they're not very good. The night warrior ritual seems to be pretty pointless as Tyrande doesn't kill any Forsaken afterwards (she just freezes them in place, even Deathstalker Commander Belmont seems to make it out okay), and Tyrande is defeated by Nathanos and has to get rescued by Malfurion. Also its revealed that the Forsaken's goal is the blight the entirety of Darkshore, which as we've seen from Southshore and Undercity, would make it uninhabitable to both the Alliance and the Horde.

Also there is zero explanation for how other night elves having the night warrior customization, the quests even say Tyrande is the only night elf in history to do the ritual and not be killed in the process.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 10-09-2018 at 05:45 AM..
Old 10-09-2018, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The ritual was about King Grong, the giant gorilla boss in Zuldazar. He's one of the super intelligent gorillas from that one questline who wants to fight the Horde and volunteers for an experiment to make him giant, but also remove his intelligence.

Update: The night warrior quests are in Alliance side; they're not very good. The night warrior ritual seems to be pretty pointless as Tyrande doesn't kill any Forsaken afterwards (she just freezes them in place, even Deathstalker Commander Belmont seems to make it out okay), and Tyrande is defeated by Nathanos and has to get rescued by Malfurion. Also its revealed that the Forsaken's goal is the blight the entirety of Darkshore, which as we've seen from Southshore and Undercity, would make it uninhabitable to both the Alliance and the Horde.

Also there is zero explanation for how other night elves having the night warrior customization, the quests even say Tyrande is the only night elf in history to do the ritual and not be killed in the process.
Blizzard is dropping the ball big with this patch. I hope they make improvements before it goes live.

I thought the blight threat was over since Lordaeron was destroyed. Where are the forsaken producing it now?

And I see the void elf syndrome all over again: no explanation where the new transformed guys are coming from. They just exist.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-09-2018, 06:43 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Blizzard is dropping the ball big with this patch. I hope they make improvements before it goes live.

I thought the blight threat was over since Lordaeron was destroyed. Where are the forsaken producing it now?

And I see the void elf syndrome all over again: no explanation where the new transformed guys are coming from. They just exist.
At least with void elves there was more than one to begin with. Here it's mentioned that even witnessing someone else attempt the night warrior ritual kills you. Instead, in the Horde version of the quest there are just a bunch of black eyed night elves called "The Army of the Black Moon" in Darkshore that don't appear at all in the Alliance quests despite them taking place at the same time. There are two cinematics that aren't implemented yet, perhaps one could explain where the others come from.

Also in a small hopeful note, apparently the night elves can undo the Blight, as Lor'danel and Auberdine switch between being blighted and being normal depending on who controls the warfront.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 10-09-2018 at 06:58 AM..
Old 10-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Do we need to have this conversation every single time a new Anthropomorphic race gets teased/added?

Tauren have been in since Vanilla

Draenai are basically one step removed from Furry got added in TBC

Worgen were in since Cata.

Pandaren came after that.

And to top it off, there's already ERP communities that have been around that have had no need of any of these races in particular to maintain themselves. (Other than Draenei maybe)

So you can stop worrying.
Well, I was just trying to make a little joke. I like those races and always thought the draenei should have more goat-like faces(I'd love to play a killer goat-man).
But vulpera, I just don't see the appeal. Maybe when more is revealed.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Old 10-09-2018, 02:42 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
If there was ever a Horde variant of Worgen they'd basically be like the Red Talons or Predator Kings from the World of Darkness games. (As in, werewolves that utterly despise humanity and embrace their beast completely.)
Alpha Prime and his lot may qualify. I wouldn’t even give them a Night Elf form, or any humanoid form at all. They’re locked in Worgen Form, maybe a wolf travel form. That said, I have trouble seeing how these Worgen would look significantly different from Gilnear Worgen in anything but dress.

I still like the idea of Ghost Worgen: Frostwolf Orcs who deal with the Curse using their Shamanic bond with the Spirit of the Wolf. Visually they’d be easier to distinguish with their Ghost Wolf texture on the Worgen form. They don’t fit your profile though.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Elune

New build, icons for Kul Tiran racial abilities are in, so we can guess at some of them:

-Brush It Off
-Child of the Sea
-Haymaker (safe to say this is the active ability)
-Jack of All Trades
-Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Interestingly, there seems to be several versions of some Zandalari racials too. Embrace of the Loa for each of the loa, and Ward of the Loa for each of the magic types. Can choose maybe?

There are some new questlines. Sylvanas seems to have some plan to recover from the defeat in Zuldazar and apparently Priscilla Ashvane is critical to it (hence the whole taking her thing).

Lor'themar gets a new model. Looks unique to me.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Both sets of racials look interesting. I'm especially interested in how the Zandalari racials will be implemented.

Class set isn't out yet is it?
Old 10-09-2018, 05:19 PM

Elune

Not as far as I'm aware. I don't recall seeing icons anyway, only stuff I've seen is for the Darkshore warfront. Speaking of, I'm really jealous that the Horde cloth users get a plaguedoctor look.

Also based on the two different titles he has, Ivus (the forest lord) is the boss you get when your side controls Darkshore (he's called both the Decayed and the Corrupted). Kind of a long way from Alterac, though.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft