Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:31 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

WoD is a fucking filler expansion.

It only serves to tie MoP with the next expansion. 6.2 Is on par with 5.1+ a raid at best. the only thing that I like from 6.2 is the weekly events thing.. But the thing is they are more or less just there for structure of things. They could have done something fun with the timewalker dungeons like tied some achievements (like Glory achievements) differing from the WOTLk ones. But no. None of that.

speaking of dungeons.

lolz failure failure failure urgh. And Mythic dungeons doesn't really answer this. IT IS HOMEVER good that they are on a weekly lockout. Normal dungeons at 100 are essentially skipped. So it wont suffer from the repetition shit like raids.

One of the bigger problems with WoD has been Blizzard just added what they thought was fun. Not listening to the playerbase. (ESPECIALLY during BETA)

Last edited by Gurzog; 05-07-2015 at 09:39 AM..
Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
There are, IMO, far too many "Producers" fucking things up. I have no problem seeing some of them fired, they're glorified middle-managers (which are usually a cancer in any company, I speak from experience) and the game could only improve from having less of them fucking around with the Devs.
And after watching the 'Warcraft Recon Report: The Failures of Warlords of Draenor' Vid that's been posted, J Allen Brack perfectly proves my point for me. All he does is drone on and make excuses, throw out buzzwords, and generally do nothing/say nothing constructive.

"Producers" like this are why WoW is in the state it's in.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:07 AM

Banished

Old 05-07-2015, 10:11 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Originally Posted by Zarhym:
The truth is that there's never really a single silver bullet to game design that is the savior, or destroyer, of a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterhope
I don't know, not producing enough content seems to be pretty bad.
MFW

Old 05-07-2015, 10:19 AM

Banished

The only "Good" thing about WoD was the models update.

Rest is meh.

The art team of Blizzard (like music team) is good.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Zaryhm's kinda right you know.

Quote:
I'm gonna be straight with you guys here.

World of Warcraft is riding the nostalgia/old memories train super hard right now. If literally any other MMO had screwed up as badly as you guys have these last THREE, THREE expansions (you've gotten three chances now) that MMO would be seven different kinds of dead.

There is just so much so that is wrong with World of Warcraft right now, both from a gameplay and a game design/business philosphy standpoint its not easy to cover in a single post.

But the root of your problems? The very base cause of them?

Your goal has switched from making an amazing game, then making money off the result......to making money by making a game.

Its a small difference, but it makes ALL the difference.
Though this person is too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:34 AM

Elune

Zarhym is technically right, but he's also sort of dancing around addressing the problem directly. But, I can't really blame him for not talking about the sub loss directly, given that he works for Blizzard. He'd probably like to keep his job.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:05 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
Some good suggestions here but mostly I just see people celebrating and pissing in bonfires about how happy they are that Blizzard's gamble with WoD failed, not "This sucks and here are some constructive ways to improve".

If you are really that bitter and hateful towards WoW, move on.
For the record, since my constant mood-swings about WoD on this thread and its predecessors imply a different story altogether, I for one never wanted this to happen. I never wanted WoD to fail and never wanted to see millions of people cancel their subscriptions. Hell I was so disappointed by MoP that I never even made it to Pandaria until I hopped onto the PTR to bide my time waiting for the beta to come around, and had actually hoped for a while at some point (I'm not sure when) that it would be the expansion that drew me back to Warcraft, because just as Cataclysm enticed me to give it another shot after several years, it looked like Blizzard, even if not out of their "hit Garrosh with the villain stick and make the orcs into a race of power-hungry, blood-thirsty jackasses" phase, were starting to get their act together again after the debacle of Pandaland.

In short, I wanted it to succeed, I wanted it to be great, and my disappointment that it didn't and wasn't left me feeling bitter and let-down. I don't know about you guys, but I feel that Warlords could have had an epic story and well-developed lore which could be mixed with decent music, stunning design and enjoyable gameplay to create an expansion that was good; not great, necessarily, but still good. For a long time I was so bitter and disappointed over missed opportunities (the Shadowmoon are some kind of discount Cult of the Damned where everyone wears purple, for starters) and clichťs (Tanaan is some kind of slave-uprising movie) and recycled ideas with fancy new skins (the arakkoa conflict is a rehash of the Forsaken's plotline; the Exiles are a heroic version of the Forsaken, the Adherents are just the Scarlet Crusade with wings and the Sethekk are more or less the Scourge) that I went in the other direction and declared it was bad, but I've cooled off since then and have reached a new consensus: WoD is just mediocre. I wish it wasn't, I had hoped it wouldn't be, but it is, and that's beyond fixing now. Maybe the next expansion will turn out better. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I just want a story that makes sense and for Blizz to stop lying and talking down to the playerbase regarding design and features
I think the story making sense left the building at some point during Cataclysm. We're still waiting for it to come back. If you believe there's still someone at Blizzard who can do it, I recommend sending them an email with some suggestions as to what they could/should do to fix it. If you don't want to give up hope on Blizz getting it right (like I have), you should try and get your voice heard more directly than by Twitter.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:05 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I...my god, I feel like Rotal right now.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
For the record, since my constant mood-swings about WoD on this thread and its predecessors imply a different story altogether, I for one never wanted this to happen. I never wanted WoD to fail and never wanted to see millions of people cancel their subscriptions. Hell I was so disappointed by MoP that I never even made it to Pandaria until I hopped onto the PTR to bide my time waiting for the beta to come around, and had actually hoped for a while at some point (I'm not sure when) that it would be the expansion that drew me back to Warcraft, because just as Cataclysm enticed me to give it another shot after several years, it looked like Blizzard, even if not out of their "hit Garrosh with the villain stick and make the orcs into a race of power-hungry, blood-thirsty jackasses" phase, were starting to get their act together again after the debacle of Pandaland.

In short, I wanted it to succeed, I wanted it to be great, and my disappointment that it didn't and wasn't left me feeling bitter and let-down. I don't know about you guys, but I feel that Warlords could have had an epic story and well-developed lore which could be mixed with decent music, stunning design and enjoyable gameplay to create an expansion that was good; not great, necessarily, but still good. For a long time I was so bitter and disappointed over missed opportunities (the Shadowmoon are some kind of discount Cult of the Damned where everyone wears purple, for starters) and clichťs (Tanaan is some kind of slave-uprising movie) and recycled ideas with fancy new skins (the arakkoa conflict is a rehash of the Forsaken's plotline; the Exiles are a heroic version of the Forsaken, the Adherents are just the Scarlet Crusade with wings and the Sethekk are more or less the Scourge) that I went in the other direction and declared it was bad, but I've cooled off since then and have reached a new consensus: WoD is just mediocre. I wish it wasn't, I had hoped it wouldn't be, but it is, and that's beyond fixing now. Maybe the next expansion will turn out better. Maybe.

I think the story making sense left the building at some point during Cataclysm. We're still waiting for it to come back. If you believe there's still someone at Blizzard who can do it, I recommend sending them an email with some suggestions as to what they could/should do to fix it. If you don't want to give up hope on Blizz getting it right (like I have), you should try and get your voice heard more directly than by Twitter.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Elune

A part of me died with Arthas. It was never the same afterwards.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Banished

Old 05-07-2015, 11:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
The irony.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:31 AM

Banished

Old 05-07-2015, 11:33 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
I miss him.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:34 AM

Elune

I never had anything against him. This community will be the death of many more budding careers.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:35 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Probably because for some people, playing with friends and family is the thing that keeps them subbed. If they get bored and leave, they have less reasons to play.

Why do people keep assuming that people only leave this game due to growing out of it, and not them disagreeing with Blizzard's choices? Especially when Blizzard will go on to say they made choices that made people unhappy.
The game is what it is. If itís no longer something you like, then you donít like the game anymore, and youíve now grown out of it. To disagree with that is to cling to some idealized version of the game which you still enjoy, which it isnít, and youíre just in denial and unwilling to accept that the fruit has spoiled. But things can always change and you might like the game later. But if you donít like it now then thereís no reason to be playing it.

If you keep playing, even though you say you donít like the game, then some part of you is still enjoying what youíre getting. If thatís the case, you need to accept and give recognition to those things you enjoy as much as you criticize the things you donít.

In other words, people who have quit need to just accept it and move on. People who are still playing need to give the occasional goddam nod to the things they still like instead of just constantly sh!tposting into each otherís faces. Criticize the things that are due some criticism but constantly focusing on the negative is just going to spoil whatever fun youíre still having or, if youíve quit, will keep rubbing salt in a wound that just needs to heal.

This isnít you specifically, Iím speaking broadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
The game is what it is. If itís no longer something you like, then you donít like the game anymore, and youíve now grown out of it. To disagree with that is to cling to some idealized version of the game which you still enjoy, which it isnít, and youíre just in denial and unwilling to accept that the fruit has spoiled. But things can always change and you might like the game later. But if you donít like it now then thereís no reason to be playing it.

If you keep playing, even though you say you donít like the game, then some part of you is still enjoying what youíre getting. If thatís the case, you need to accept and give recognition to those things you enjoy as much as you criticize the things you donít.

In other words, people who have quit need to just accept it and move on. People who are still playing need to give the occasional goddam nod to the things they still like instead of just constantly sh!tposting into each otherís faces. Criticize the things that are due some criticism but constantly focusing on the negative is just going to spoil whatever fun youíre still having or, if youíve quit, will keep rubbing salt in a wound that just needs to heal.

This isnít you specifically, Iím speaking broadly.
Except that, you know, the game actually has changed, often drastically, from one iteration to the next.

Literally the only similarity between WoD and Vanilla is the soundtrack, and that you drag abilities onto bars. They are basically separate games.

WoW isn't some static entity. It's a game, and its rules change a lot. What happens when the rules change? Often people find they don't enjoy a game as much anymore - sometimes maybe more find they suddenly do enjoy it, but that's not really happening much.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:47 AM

Eternal

I kinda like this vid Quirnheim tweeted about:

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:56 AM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
+1 for reference. I need to replay the game again soon.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
If they fuck up Azshara too or cut it completely I might be out for good.
Varian is going to lead the charge!

Gul'dan is going to be the final boss!

Azshara will be a five man!

Every zone will be underwater so no flight! (I actually wouldn't mind this because underwater zones are fun)

Every zone will be the size of Vasjr, but with no speed buff!

Naga join the Alliance!

Kul Tiras joins the Horde!

Thrall gets the killing blow!
Old 05-07-2015, 12:14 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Fine, but only if he dies. That's what happens to characters who are overly eager to fight, right? Or does that rule only go into play when it's the member of a race that is otherwise too shy to even say hi to a member of a race that killed almost all of their race?

Quote:
Gul'dan as a boss wouldn't be bad, but not the final boss.

Quote:
BOOOO. Kind of like making Ner'zhul a five man-- oh.

Quote:
Every zone will be underwater so no flight! (I actually wouldn't mind this because underwater zones are fun)
Boo, you're forgetting about the islands with the awesome jungles.

Quote:
Cool.. wait, without speed buff?

Dropped!

Quote:
Naga join the Alliance!
Oh hell naw.

Quote:
Hi-larious.

Quote:
.. So basically as always?

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Banished

You know if people just quit had to "accept it" and not come back. WoW would be dead right now.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
Fine, but only if he dies. That's what happens to characters who are overly eager to fight, right? Or does that rule only go into play when it's the member of a race that is otherwise too shy to even say hi to a member of a race that killed almost all of their race?

Gul'dan as a boss wouldn't be bad, but not the final boss.

BOOOO. Kind of like making Ner'zhul a five man-- oh.

Boo, you're forgetting about the islands with the awesome jungles.

Cool.. wait, without speed buff?

Dropped!

Oh hell naw.

Hi-larious.

.. So basically as always?
Hah.

Ohh man, what if the final raid is a troll raid?

The Troll profit ends up being a stronger mage than Azshara, and kills her offscreen, taking control of her empire.

The rage..would be glorious.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:29 PM

Elune

Quote:

Naga join the Alliance!

Replace that with "Kul Tiras becomes neutral!" and I can believe it.
Closed Thread