Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:20 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgatius View Post
"the Alliance's finest hour"

Have we seen it in WoD yet? Or was it cut because thousands of you-know-what?
We kicked the Iron Horde's ass, I guess. Their "finest hour" pretty much translates too "They didn't get wiped out by the Horde."
Old 05-08-2015, 12:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
The Alliance finest hour was watching all it's heroes die while sitting in a shitty inn getting plastered because fucking orcs, man. ORCS!
You got stronk independent Yrel.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:29 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I will try to avoid the warcraft forum for about a day or 3.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You got stronk independent Yrel.
RIP Alliance people who went to draenor, you died for absolutely nothing, again.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgatius View Post
"the Alliance's finest hour"

Have we seen it in WoD yet? Or was it cut because thousands of you-know-what?
Well, I mean, we've defeated every single orc clan except for the Bleeding Hollow and some remnants. That's something, I guess.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
RIP Alliance people who went to draenor, you died for absolutely nothing, again.
They died to ensure the New Horde became stronger by the AU Iron Horde survivors reinforcing them.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:37 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
They died to ensure the New Horde became stronger by the AU Iron Horde survivors reinforcing them.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 PM

Elune

The Alliance hasn't done anything in this expac that the Horde hasn't. The Alliance didn't take out the Iron Horde on their own. The Horde contributed just as much to the war effort. Unlike SoO, where we saw the Alliance doing a lot of the work, WoD has been split evenly between Horde and Alliance.

The Alliance's "finest hour" was just Metzen blowing smoke up the Alliance fanbase's ass and making them feel extra special because "wahh Blizzcon Horde bias."
Old 05-08-2015, 12:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
What a honorable bunch of guys.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Elune

lol if you think the Horde actually did anything this expansion and your brain doesn't shut down from the obtuseness of the idea.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:13 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

I thought WoD did a pretty good job of showing the Alliance in a better position of strength than the Horde. Theres a very tangible sense of the Alliance having a lot of power, confidence, stability, and resources behind them whereas the Horde is very much a bid to not get completely steamrolled by all of the bads on the planet. When the Horde takes Bladespire its very bloody, costly, and almost didnt happen. When the Alliance defend Karabor, the entire Iron Horde army is obliterated and their primary weapon stolen by the enemy. When the Alliance go to Gorgrond they arrive with solid reinforcements (including a goddam tank) and contact with the Rangarii, whom have extensive knowledge of the area and a network of camps. The Horde team up with the Laughing Skull out of potentially suicidal desperation, having no other allies or resources in the area. The Horde garrison is martial and Spartan, the Frostwolves battered and isolated, while the Alliance garrison is a relaxing refuge, and the Draenei in Shadowmoon are thriving despite the aggression from the Iron Horde.

And all throughout the expansion theres a sense that the Horde are fighting because its either that or die, while the Alliance are fighting because theyre damn sure they can win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
lol if you think the Horde actually did anything this expansion and your brain doesn't shut down from the obtuseness of the idea.
Explain to us why you feel the Horde hasn't done anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM

Elune

Barring the Thrall v Garrosh showdown, the Horde (not the Frostwolves) haven't really done anything except antagonize the Alliance at Ashran and now in the naval missions.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:18 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
I thought WoD did a pretty good job of showing the Alliance in a better position of strength than the Horde. Theres a very tangible sense of the Alliance having a lot of power, confidence, stability, and resources behind them whereas the Horde is very much a bid to not get completely steamrolled by all of the bads on the planet. When the Horde takes Bladespire its very bloody, costly, and almost didnt happen. When the Alliance defend Karabor, the entire Iron Horde army is obliterated and their primary weapon stolen by the enemy. When the Alliance go to Gorgrond they arrive with solid reinforcements (including a goddam tank) and contact with the Rangarii, whom have extensive knowledge of the area and a network of camps. The Horde team up with the Laughing Skull out of potentially suicidal desperation, having no other allies or resources in the area. The Horde garrison is martial and Spartan, the Frostwolves battered and isolated, while the Alliance garrison is a relaxing refuge, and the Draenei in Shadowmoon are thriving despite the aggression from the Iron Horde.

And all throughout the expansion theres a sense that the Horde are fighting because its either that or die, while the Alliance are fighting because theyre damn sure they can win.
Taking Bladespire was very bloody and costly? I'd consider Velen having to sacrifice himself because victory wouldn't have been possible otherwise more costly.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Barring the Thrall v Garrosh showdown, the Horde (not the Frostwolves) haven't really done anything except antagonize the Alliance at Ashran and now in the naval missions.
Talador? Didn't they do things in Arak and Nagrand, or are we assuming that quests are only done by the Alliance, and the raids were done by the Alliance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:22 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
I thought WoD did a pretty good job of showing the Alliance in a better position of strength than the Horde. Theres a very tangible sense of the Alliance having a lot of power, confidence, stability, and resources behind them whereas the Horde is very much a bid to not get completely steamrolled by all of the bads on the planet. When the Horde takes Bladespire its very bloody, costly, and almost didnt happen.
The only reason is was bloody and costly was because Durotan's honorable battle brother kept leeroy jenking into the enemy and the player had to rescue his ass. More than once.

Quote:
I dunno dude, MAYBE it's because i couldn't bring up the energy to bore myself through the same shit a second time on Alliance side - i admit it might just be this lack of comparison. But i never once felt like Draenor was a threat to anyone from the Horde expedition, and not just from a gameplay standpoint. As mentioned above the only hurdle worth noticing were idiotic orcs doing what they do worst; charging an enemy alone.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Taking Bladespire was very bloody and costly? I'd consider Velen having to sacrifice himself because victory wouldn't have been possible otherwise more costly.
Rubbing out an AU clone seems like a freebie to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for MU Velen joining the fray and all the AU Draenei going "By the Light, Velen returned from the dead!" : p

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:40 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Only a few orcs died taking Bladespire, killed by an ogron. Seems even with the defence of Karabor. The entire Frostfire experience just seems more costly because the Horde's allies are just one small clan, whereas the Alliance is allied with an entire civilisation that had control over most of Shadowmoon and Talador.

Last edited by Nazja; 05-08-2015 at 01:43 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 01:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
That's because they want the Iron Horde to win.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:56 PM

Elune

Quote:

That's not exactly true though.

The vision Velen was given, that showed the plan, was the deciding factor. It's what crushed the Horde, not so much the Alliance. The Naaru, and Velen's sacrifice, is what made that possible.

The Alliance wasn't so much involved with that as much as the player.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Explain to us why you feel the Horde hasn't done anything.
Because it's thematically laughable. All the significant plot arcs of this expansion so far have been Kirin Tor Mages and Draenei Paladins. The idea that the first people that these factions would call on for assistance is the hairy green assholes and their motly crew of jerks from across the sea is laughable right on its big stupid face.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Because it's thematically laughable. All the significant plot arcs of this expansion so far have been Kirin Tor Mages and Draenei Paladins. The idea that the first people that these factions would call on for assistance is the hairy green assholes and their motly crew of jerks from across the sea is laughable right on its big stupid face.
And yet, Khadgar. And Thrall with Garrosh.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:05 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
I'll give you Khadgar, but what's this about Draenei paladins? What have they even done during this expansion?

Besides, you're leaving out lots of other events.
Closed Thread