Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 02:37 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Default Q1 2015 = Disaster

Not at all surprised.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

3 million subs gone, even with a token system in place to allow players to play for "free" (token subs DO count against sub numbers).

World of TimeTravelBullshitGarrisonCraft is an utter disaster, might actually be WORSE than Cataclysm.

I'd expect heads to roll at Blizzard.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:41 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Not at all surprised.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

3 million subs gone, even with a token system in place to allow players to play for "free" (token subs DO count against sub numbers).

World of TimeTravelBullshitGarrisonCraft is an utter disaster, might actually be WORSE than Cataclysm.

To the suprise of absolutely fucking nobody. We tried to warn you [Blizzard] but you didn't listen.

This is the fate you chose.

It didn't have to be this way.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orc Icon (War3) time's change

Makes sense they lost subscribers after the new expansion bubble burst. They better have a plan though for what happens in-between Hellfire Citadel and the next expansion because I don't think a lot of people still want to be raiding there till February-ish of next year.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:45 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
To the suprise of absolutely fucking nobody. We tried to warn you [Blizzard] but you didn't listen.

This is the fate you chose.

It didn't have to be this way.
30% subscriber loss is a DISASTER.

Like, any company I've ever been at would be in full-fledged panic mode by now.

Activision won't rest lightly on this. Someone at Blizzard had better make some moves in a hurry, or shit will get real, and fast.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM

Banished

Quote:

Activision won't rest lightly on this. Someone at Blizzard had better make some moves in a hurry, or shit will get real, and fast.
Oh no I'm right there with you, don't get me wrong.

I'm just not even remotely suprised. We [those of us not arselicking Blizzard at every chance, you people know who you are] all saw this coming.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:55 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Oh no I'm right there with you, don't get me wrong.

I'm just not even remotely suprised. We [those of us not arselicking Blizzard at every chance, you people know who you are] all saw this coming.
I called it in another thread a month ago, that the Q1 call would be a bloodbath.

I'm too lazy to look for it. But I know I said it.

I'm sort of glad I was right - I think they need a kick in the balls like this to wake them up and realize how bad shit is.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:57 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:

Problem is, someone's almost certainly going to go "Well, we had a far, far higher spike of resubscriptions that we expected, so excluding that we only lost 300kish". And possibly less response to the proper bollock kicking needed

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 05-06-2015, 03:00 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

It's lower than the MoP content drought. Solid expansion Blizzard.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
: Let the feast begin!

*And who are you? The proud lord said...*

: Run!

*Firing reports all over the place*

: Enough Mike. Let it end! He's my friend. I swear we will make a better expansion. We will cut the Worgen and...

: You already swore to me once. In this room, you swore that your savage expansion will make me money!

: Punish me instead. Kosak, get up and walk out! Please!

: And why would I let him do that?

: On my honor as Thrall's creator, let him go, or I'll cut the Horde from the game!

: I'll make another.

: Metzen...

: The story forum sends it's regards.

*plasters fire report on face*

: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 05-06-2015, 03:06 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Q1 2016 though = South Seas; Blizzard regains all of its lost subscriptions, adds about 10,000,000 more and everyone is happy beyond the sea
Old 05-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Q1 2016 though = South Seas; Blizzard regains all of its lost subscriptions, adds about 10,000,000 more and everyone is happy beyond the sea
Metzen: "Hey guys, I've got this great expansion idea, traveling in the past was a bust... so what about... THE FUTURE!"

*Kosak takes a dump in a box*

"Ship it"
Old 05-06-2015, 03:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Problem is, someone's almost certainly going to go "Well, we had a far, far higher spike of resubscriptions that we expected, so excluding that we only lost 300kish". And possibly less response to the proper bollock kicking needed
It's not a big deal, really.

Blizzard has been aware of this far longer than we have, and this only reaffirms by feeling that they basically said fuck it this expansion and are trying to salvage the next one, which in all probability will suck as well since their belief is still "the game is to hard, better make it easier and cut more abilities"
Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

So it's funny how they hide in the report why they increased the price of WoD overall and subs in some regions.

Quote:
World of Warcrafts revenue performance at constant FX has been more stable, driven by continued strong uptake on
value added services, and price increases in select regions, which partially offset subscriber declines
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Arch-Druid

Heh, this expansion is terrible. Guilds are dying out, people lost their will to play. Most log in, do garrison chores, log out, until they find out that it's not fun and give up on coming back.

Compare MoP. By this same time from release, we had a lot more to do and there were two of the best patches ever in WoW, with Landfall and Throne of Thunder. That horrible flaming shit that was 5.3 was not released yet, we were looking forward for Siege of Orgrimmar and everything seemed so much better.

Now, we are not looking forward for next patch, but eagerly waiting any good news about next expansion, hoping it can save the game.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-06-2015, 03:16 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
It's not a big deal, really.

Blizzard has been aware of this far longer than we have, and this only reaffirms by feeling that they basically said fuck it this expansion and are trying to salvage the next one, which in all probability will suck as well since their belief is still "the game is to hard, better make it easier and cut more abilities"
Funny enough it's as if in some ways they are determined to dumb it down and make it easier for the 10 year olds playing who were born when the game came out and basically shafting the 20 and 30 somethings that have invested time, energy and money into the product. I could literally take the next few years off the game at this point and not miss anything, come back and there would be a win button, press 1 to use all your abilities and auto pilot attacks.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:22 PM

Arch-Druid

I really want to blame the people who complained so much about casuals and dailies.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Undead Icon (War3) Sylvanas is here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Kosak survives.
You know, Kosak brought us MoP, so it's not his head that'll end on the chopping block.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Medivh

6.1 must have been a bit embarrassing for the designers though. Blizzard's philosophy (as least what they say in their mission statement) is that its better for a game to be late than unfinished. But then here's patch 6.1, which entirely consisted of content that was supposed to be ready for release (heirloom tab, garrisons etc) Or Blackrock Foundry which was ready to play was just held back - presumably to artificially-extend Warlords of Draenor's already short lifespan.

Blizzard seems to be trying to do more with less which doesn't really make sense considering the resources at Blizzard's disposal. If any developer could afford to be ambitious it would be Blizzard, but they don't.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:31 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
6.1 must have been a bit embarrassing for the designers though. Blizzard's philosophy (as least what they say in their mission statement) is that its better for a game to be late than unfinished. But then here's patch 6.1, which entirely consisted of content that was supposed to be ready for release (heirloom tab, garrisons etc) Or Blackrock Foundry which was ready to play was just held back - presumably to artificially-extend Warlords of Draenor's already short lifespan.

Blizzard seems to be trying to do more with less which doesn't really make sense considering the resources at Blizzard's disposal. If any developer could afford to be ambitious it would be Blizzard, but they don't.
You said it better than I did.

My disappointment is palpable. I just wanted this to be a good game.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Didn't Kosak leave Blizzard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:34 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Didn't Kosak leave Blizzard?
I think it all went to shit when Ghostcrawler left.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

I just don't understand why Blizzard refuses to focus on lore and storytelling. A good story can provide people something to be interested in while using up far less resources than making new raids. MoP's initial patch cycle was praised for its quality and left players engaged. They should at least try to keep up that quality.

Yes, quests and writing need people dedicated to it, but requires far less resources than new art assets or encounter mechanics.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-06-2015, 03:38 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I just don't understand why Blizzard refuses to focus on lore and storytelling. A good story can provide people something to be interested in while using up far less resources than making new raids. MoP's initial patch cycle was praised for its quality and left players engaged. They should at least try to keep up that quality.

Yes, quests and writing need people dedicated to it, but requires far less resources than new art assets or encounter mechanics.
They should release info on the next expansion already. I barely log in for garrison and a little achies/rep at all nowadays.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

WoW is dying. I am so happy right now.

something dramatic had to happen. they have never seen this big of a loss some months after an expansion.

Hopefully this will make them focus on the next expansion instead of 6.2 (Honestly I think 6.2 is pretty much finished. it is just bug fixes and the small feature called docks left.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:40 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
WoW is dying. I am so happy right now.
It takes a certain kind to enjoy watching something wither and die.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
end of wau, world of warcraft