Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,925

Default Q1 2015 = Disaster

Not at all surprised.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

3 million subs gone, even with a token system in place to allow players to play for "free" (token subs DO count against sub numbers).

World of TimeTravelBullshitGarrisonCraft is an utter disaster, might actually be WORSE than Cataclysm.

I'd expect heads to roll at Blizzard.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Not at all surprised.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

3 million subs gone, even with a token system in place to allow players to play for "free" (token subs DO count against sub numbers).

World of TimeTravelBullshitGarrisonCraft is an utter disaster, might actually be WORSE than Cataclysm.

I'd expect heads to roll at Blizzard.
To the suprise of absolutely fucking nobody. We tried to warn you [Blizzard] but you didn't listen.

This is the fate you chose.

It didn't have to be this way.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Orc Icon (War3) time's change

Makes sense they lost subscribers after the new expansion bubble burst. They better have a plan though for what happens in-between Hellfire Citadel and the next expansion because I don't think a lot of people still want to be raiding there till February-ish of next year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,925

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
To the suprise of absolutely fucking nobody. We tried to warn you [Blizzard] but you didn't listen.

This is the fate you chose.

It didn't have to be this way.
30% subscriber loss is a DISASTER.

Like, any company I've ever been at would be in full-fledged panic mode by now.

Activision won't rest lightly on this. Someone at Blizzard had better make some moves in a hurry, or shit will get real, and fast.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
30% subscriber loss is a DISASTER.

Like, any company I've ever been at would be in full-fledged panic mode by now.

Activision won't rest lightly on this. Someone at Blizzard had better make some moves in a hurry, or shit will get real, and fast.
Oh no I'm right there with you, don't get me wrong.

I'm just not even remotely suprised. We [those of us not arselicking Blizzard at every chance, you people know who you are] all saw this coming.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,925

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Oh no I'm right there with you, don't get me wrong.

I'm just not even remotely suprised. We [those of us not arselicking Blizzard at every chance, you people know who you are] all saw this coming.
I called it in another thread a month ago, that the Q1 call would be a bloodbath.

I'm too lazy to look for it. But I know I said it.

I'm sort of glad I was right - I think they need a kick in the balls like this to wake them up and realize how bad shit is.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
30% subscriber loss is a DISASTER.

Like, any company I've ever been at would be in full-fledged panic mode by now.

Activision won't rest lightly on this. Someone at Blizzard had better make some moves in a hurry, or shit will get real, and fast.
Problem is, someone's almost certainly going to go "Well, we had a far, far higher spike of resubscriptions that we expected, so excluding that we only lost 300kish". And possibly less response to the proper bollock kicking needed
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

It's lower than the MoP content drought. Solid expansion Blizzard.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:02 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
I'd expect heads to roll at Blizzard.
: Let the feast begin!

*And who are you? The proud lord said...*

: Run!

*Firing reports all over the place*

: Enough Mike. Let it end! He's my friend. I swear we will make a better expansion. We will cut the Worgen and...

: You already swore to me once. In this room, you swore that your savage expansion will make me money!

: Punish me instead. Kosak, get up and walk out! Please!

: And why would I let him do that?

: On my honor as Thrall's creator, let him go, or I'll cut the Horde from the game!

: I'll make another.

: Metzen...

: The story forum sends it's regards.

*plasters fire report on face*

: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Q1 2016 though = South Seas; Blizzard regains all of its lost subscriptions, adds about 10,000,000 more and everyone is happy beyond the sea
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Q1 2016 though = South Seas; Blizzard regains all of its lost subscriptions, adds about 10,000,000 more and everyone is happy beyond the sea
Metzen: "Hey guys, I've got this great expansion idea, traveling in the past was a bust... so what about... THE FUTURE!"

*Kosak takes a dump in a box*

"Ship it"
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Problem is, someone's almost certainly going to go "Well, we had a far, far higher spike of resubscriptions that we expected, so excluding that we only lost 300kish". And possibly less response to the proper bollock kicking needed
It's not a big deal, really.

Blizzard has been aware of this far longer than we have, and this only reaffirms by feeling that they basically said fuck it this expansion and are trying to salvage the next one, which in all probability will suck as well since their belief is still "the game is to hard, better make it easier and cut more abilities"
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

So it's funny how they hide in the report why they increased the price of WoD overall and subs in some regions.

Quote:
World of Warcrafts revenue performance at constant FX has been more stable, driven by continued strong uptake on
value added services, and price increases in select regions, which partially offset subscriber declines
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,230

Default

Heh, this expansion is terrible. Guilds are dying out, people lost their will to play. Most log in, do garrison chores, log out, until they find out that it's not fun and give up on coming back.

Compare MoP. By this same time from release, we had a lot more to do and there were two of the best patches ever in WoW, with Landfall and Throne of Thunder. That horrible flaming shit that was 5.3 was not released yet, we were looking forward for Siege of Orgrimmar and everything seemed so much better.

Now, we are not looking forward for next patch, but eagerly waiting any good news about next expansion, hoping it can save the game.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
It's not a big deal, really.

Blizzard has been aware of this far longer than we have, and this only reaffirms by feeling that they basically said fuck it this expansion and are trying to salvage the next one, which in all probability will suck as well since their belief is still "the game is to hard, better make it easier and cut more abilities"
Funny enough it's as if in some ways they are determined to dumb it down and make it easier for the 10 year olds playing who were born when the game came out and basically shafting the 20 and 30 somethings that have invested time, energy and money into the product. I could literally take the next few years off the game at this point and not miss anything, come back and there would be a win button, press 1 to use all your abilities and auto pilot attacks.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Eillas Eillas is offline

Arch-Druid
Eillas's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,275

Default

I really want to blame the people who complained so much about casuals and dailies.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,989

Undead Icon (War3) Sylvanas is here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Kosak survives.
You know, Kosak brought us MoP, so it's not his head that'll end on the chopping block.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Medivh

6.1 must have been a bit embarrassing for the designers though. Blizzard's philosophy (as least what they say in their mission statement) is that its better for a game to be late than unfinished. But then here's patch 6.1, which entirely consisted of content that was supposed to be ready for release (heirloom tab, garrisons etc) Or Blackrock Foundry which was ready to play was just held back - presumably to artificially-extend Warlords of Draenor's already short lifespan.

Blizzard seems to be trying to do more with less which doesn't really make sense considering the resources at Blizzard's disposal. If any developer could afford to be ambitious it would be Blizzard, but they don't.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,925

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
6.1 must have been a bit embarrassing for the designers though. Blizzard's philosophy (as least what they say in their mission statement) is that its better for a game to be late than unfinished. But then here's patch 6.1, which entirely consisted of content that was supposed to be ready for release (heirloom tab, garrisons etc) Or Blackrock Foundry which was ready to play was just held back - presumably to artificially-extend Warlords of Draenor's already short lifespan.

Blizzard seems to be trying to do more with less which doesn't really make sense considering the resources at Blizzard's disposal. If any developer could afford to be ambitious it would be Blizzard, but they don't.
You said it better than I did.

My disappointment is palpable. I just wanted this to be a good game.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Didn't Kosak leave Blizzard?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,925

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Didn't Kosak leave Blizzard?
I think it all went to shit when Ghostcrawler left.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,230

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
6.1 must have been a bit embarrassing for the designers though. Blizzard's philosophy (as least what they say in their mission statement) is that its better for a game to be late than unfinished. But then here's patch 6.1, which entirely consisted of content that was supposed to be ready for release (heirloom tab, garrisons etc) Or Blackrock Foundry which was ready to play was just held back - presumably to artificially-extend Warlords of Draenor's already short lifespan.

Blizzard seems to be trying to do more with less which doesn't really make sense considering the resources at Blizzard's disposal. If any developer could afford to be ambitious it would be Blizzard, but they don't.
I just don't understand why Blizzard refuses to focus on lore and storytelling. A good story can provide people something to be interested in while using up far less resources than making new raids. MoP's initial patch cycle was praised for its quality and left players engaged. They should at least try to keep up that quality.

Yes, quests and writing need people dedicated to it, but requires far less resources than new art assets or encounter mechanics.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I just don't understand why Blizzard refuses to focus on lore and storytelling. A good story can provide people something to be interested in while using up far less resources than making new raids. MoP's initial patch cycle was praised for its quality and left players engaged. They should at least try to keep up that quality.

Yes, quests and writing need people dedicated to it, but requires far less resources than new art assets or encounter mechanics.
They should release info on the next expansion already. I barely log in for garrison and a little achies/rep at all nowadays.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

WoW is dying. I am so happy right now.

something dramatic had to happen. they have never seen this big of a loss some months after an expansion.

Hopefully this will make them focus on the next expansion instead of 6.2 (Honestly I think 6.2 is pretty much finished. it is just bug fixes and the small feature called docks left.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
WoW is dying. I am so happy right now.
It takes a certain kind to enjoy watching something wither and die.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
end of wau, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.