Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 06:23 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
They blew that chance, and destroyed the Legion in the process, so there's no good reason left for Wrathion to ever appear again.
I would welcome Wrathion back with open arms, especially if he shows up as lord ruler of the black market or even a pirate overlord.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:28 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewx View Post
Here's a question.

If the Highmountain Tauren are siding with the Horde, does that mean the Horde now has the backing of a Black Dragon (Ebyssian)?
Probably. Drogbar too, I'd imagine, since technically the modern-day "Highmountain Tribe" is more the cooperative of Highmountain, Rivermane, Skyhorn and Stonedark rather than just Mayla's immediate tribe. Maybe even more, if the surviving Bloodtotem came crawling back and the other drogbar all fell in behind Navarogg after we killed Dargrul and his lieutenants.

Moreover the addition of Nightborne to Horde may well canonically include the addition of any remaining Nightfallen, the surviving Moonguard, the controlled Withered, and maybe even those druid refugees from Val'sharah. In other words, basically half or more of the world content in this current expansion itself will be joining the Horde. They're effectively conquering much of the Broken Isles while the Alliance players get a big, fat middle finger for bothering to help.

So interestingly enough while all three Horde races are actual additions to their net strength and bring with them their own extensive alliances to other races in the Broken Isles, two of the three Alliance additions are just making two races playable that have already been in the Alliance for years.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-04-2017 at 06:37 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 06:29 PM

Eternal

1. According to the official page the Alliance is going to recruit the Dark Iron Dwarves through Kul Tiras? Aren't they already part of the Alliance?

2. Void Elves can be Holy Priests! Lightforged Draenei can't Monk!

3. Truly the only way that the Zandalari can be brought into the Horde is by the holy union of King Rastakhan and the Banshee Queen.

4. Med'an still not concerned about the current affairs on Azeroth
Old 11-04-2017, 06:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Here's a question.

If the Highmountain Tauren are siding with the Horde, does that mean the Horde now has the backing of a Black Dragon (Ebyssian)?
If so it's balanced by the Alliance having Kalec (Kirin Tor isn't technically neutral in Legion right? They just let the Horde back in Dal iirc).

I wonder if Kalec and Jaina being a thing will come up at all, or if they broke up when she stormed off after Broken Shore.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:47 PM

Eternal

Quote:
So interestingly enough while all three Horde races are actual additions to their net strength and bring with them their own extensive alliances to other races in the Broken Isles, two of the three Alliance additions are just making two races playable that have already been in the Alliance for years.
Dark Irons will probably bring an entire new Kingdom to the Alliance (and likely purge the last remnants of the Dark Horde, thus securing southern Eastern Kingdoms). Void Elves, we don't know about.

Lightforged though... that right there is -the- Army of the Light, complete with their advanced technology like the Vindicar, Xenedar, transport crystal pads and wards, Lightforged Constructs, etc...

The Lightforged and Dark Irons are bringing in, EASILY, as much as the Broken Isles combined.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:03 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Dark Irons will probably bring an entire new Kingdom to the Alliance (and likely purge the last remnants of the Dark Horde, thus securing southern Eastern Kingdoms). Void Elves, we don't know about.

Lightforged though... that right there is -the- Army of the Light, complete with their advanced technology like the Vindicar, Xenedar, transport crystal pads and wards, Lightforged Constructs, etc...

The Lightforged and Dark Irons are bringing in, EASILY, as much as the Broken Isles combined.
The only Dark Irons not in the Alliance are the Twilight Cultists. That's literally a plot point when leveling in Dun Morogh. Bunch of Dark Irons not already answering to Moira? Yep, that makes them those cultists, so we track down that traitor ambassador to thwart them.

And "the Army of the Light" was already crippled and severely reduced in number by the time we showed up. Moreover, by making the Lightforged playable Blizz is guaranteed to eliminate their greater-than-mortal strength and durability that allowed them to keep fighting the Legion despite being so few in number.

Frankly it's laughable to think the Alliance will be getting all that fancy tech. That stuff's Legion content, affiliated with a Legion cause. And it's not thematically Stormwindian, the go-to, only-allowed theme of Alliance when they're fighting the Horde. This is a faction war; by the laws of such things we're rolling back to footmen and grunts, knights and headhunters, Demolishers and Steam Tanks. All that shiny Light-powered tech will be mothballed or attached to some post-Legion neutral group responsible for policing Argus or something.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-04-2017 at 07:06 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:08 PM

Eternal

Interesting post over on the Story Forums.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=3#post-42

Quote:
After playing the demo at BlizzCon and going to Stormwind to see if there were changes I found out some stuff.

- Alleia tried getting Silvermoon to join the Alliance; the effort was futile.
- Some Sin’dorei though were practicing Void magic and thus outcasts so Alleria took them under her wing; thus void elves.
- Turalyon, Alleria, Anduin, Genn, Muradin, Aysa, Gelbin, Velen meet in a “Town Hall” like building by the Stormwind lake behind the Cathedrial District discussing such events, this is where you get quests for Lightforged and Void Elves.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:12 PM

Treant

To me subraces don't need to mean a huge thing like an entire nation joining.
I hope that with most subraces your put into a small hub that introduces you to the subrace and their situation. Some of it through dialogue others though lorebooks laying around in the room.
Than you can just leave the building to be sent out to the level 20 questzones.

To me highmountain Taurens make more sense like adventureres joining horde. It doesn't make sense for them to fow such a fealty to the horde to join in a faction war. I think the Taunka and Yoangol made more sense for full blown loyalty subraces.

The nightbourne should be able to join both factions. Right now the nightbourne are more dependant on night elves and that special tree to survive than anything the horde has to offer.

Zandalari trolls are awesome and I hope they are full blown members of the horde. Although their might be some intrige as zandalar would like to be the leaders of the horde.

Lorewise Dark irons are really cool. To my knowledge about 50% of the Dark irons innitially joined the alliance with moira. But i'm not sure how it progressed afterwords.
Vissually kind of meh but that's okey for subraces, as long as they contribute in some kind of value it's cool.

I'm really dissapointed with the other alliance ones. They should have just added high elves and broken Draenei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
I think the whole red/blue continents aren't meant to be taken literally.
I agree, as alliance player i would find it bad if Strangelthron was alliance and a few other areas as well.

Although some areas could be describe as wildlands under Alliance guard like Swamp of sorrows and blasted lands where the horde presence is gone.

Last edited by taelon; 11-04-2017 at 07:24 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Eternal

Many zones will get revamped for 110+ right? I wonder how thorough this revamp will be. Will we be able to fly around the Arathi Highlands, Hillsbrad Foothills, Gilneas and Tirisfal Glades and see Alliance forces everywhere?

Why don't they include WQs there? What about such zones as the Twilight Highlands, will the Dragonmaw be gone?
Old 11-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Elune

Nightborne are the only race that as a primarily Alliance player really stick in my craw.

You, with the help of both the Alliance and Horde, spend an entire zone helping them rebuild, give them back their city, cure them of their magical dependency and now they only join the Horde.

It just doesn't make any sense for this race not to go nuetral after both sides helped her people except for the excuse of Tyrande being such an a-hole to her former people.

The blood elves are the ones practicing void magic? No high elves? Alleria didn't teach any of them void magic as well?
Old 11-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Loremaster

Oh, and incidentally, it's not like the Zandalari ever had any sort of real falling out with the mogu or anything during their defeat on the IoT. So them joining the Horde is practically a promise that any future playable mogu will also be Horde, along with those fancy living statues they like so much.

I never wanted more races, let alone "sub-races" or "Allied race," because races joining the player factions makes them less interesting. It makes them mere units on a tech tree. It makes everything about them subordinate to a conflict that doesn't care about the cosmology or the worldbuilding or the lore. It slaps a jersey on them and makes their entire society nothing more than a position on a team in the world's dumbest sport. It's been proven time, and time, and time again. Any time another race picks a side in the faction conflict, they become boring appendages of the side they choose.

So, in that manner Battle for Azeroth will be immediately destroying half of the interesting lore that Legion introduced. In the span of a single expansion. Right after hastily and haphazardly slamming the door shut on the franchise's primary antagonist, and along with it arguably the very origin stories of Warcraft itself. That's gotta be some kind of record in stupidity.

And similarly, in the wake of their addition as playable, the longstanding backstories of the Zandalari trolls will fade away and be replaced by their being just another cosmetic option on a menu after this expansion. As will the Dark Irons. And the Lightforged draenei (as minimal as their backstory is.) And all the rest. Especially in an expansion or two when everyone inevitably begs Blizzard to get rid of the quest barrier and just make them available on the base character creation screen.

Enjoy these "Allied Races" as they trade relevance and lore to become nothing but empty, soulless options in the interface.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Nightborne are the only race that as a primarily Alliance player really stick in my craw.

You, with the help of both the Alliance and Horde, spend an entire zone helping them rebuild, give them back their city, cure them of their magical dependency and now they only join the Horde.

It just doesn't make any sense for this race not to go nuetral after both sides helped her people except for the excuse of Tyrande being such an a-hole to her former people.

The blood elves are the ones practicing void magic? No high elves? Alleria didn't teach any of them void magic as well?
To be fair I won't be surprised if, canonically, the Horde PC fought to protect the Broken Isles while the Alliance PC fought on Argus. It'd help explain the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne going Horde if their main contact was the Horde PC rather than the Alliance one.

And yes, it seems, warneverchanges, from MMO-Champion, was correct again. Void Elves were Blood Elves.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:39 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Probably. Drogbar too, I'd imagine, since technically the modern-day "Highmountain Tribe" is more the cooperative of Highmountain, Rivermane, Skyhorn and Stonedark rather than just Mayla's immediate tribe. Maybe even more, if the surviving Bloodtotem came crawling back and the other drogbar all fell in behind Navarogg after we killed Dargrul and his lieutenants.

Moreover the addition of Nightborne to Horde may well canonically include the addition of any remaining Nightfallen, the surviving Moonguard, the controlled Withered, and maybe even those druid refugees from Val'sharah. In other words, basically half or more of the world content in this current expansion itself will be joining the Horde. They're effectively conquering much of the Broken Isles while the Alliance players get a big, fat middle finger for bothering to help.

The Alliance is one race away from getting full Argus support.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:40 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Here's a question.

Didn't Wrathion genocide all the Black Dragons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:41 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
The Alliance is one race away from getting full Argus support.
Argus is literally falling apart into the Twisting Nether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Didn't Wrathion genocide all the Black Dragons?
Technically yes, but Ebyssian has been in hiding since the War of the Ancients.

Last edited by Apep; 11-04-2017 at 07:45 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:42 PM

Eternal

How do you guys think Chromie's scenario fits into all of this? What dragons are involved in the expansion?

As for the Andorhal battle, do we know if it's even in Cata time, as we assumed? It could be in BfA time, meaning that the Forsaken still haven't lost that one city.

Hmm.. What if Andorhal eventually becomes the new Forsaken capital? Nelves could get Feathermoon Stronghold.

Last edited by Ethenil; 11-04-2017 at 07:46 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Many zones will get revamped for 110+ right? I wonder how thorough this revamp will be. Will we be able to fly around the Arathi Highlands, Hillsbrad Foothills, Gilneas and Tirisfal Glades and see Alliance forces everywhere?
I don't think it will much of a "revamp", just a phase with mobs wandering around. Maybe WQs. No quests or Storyline, except maybe for the pre-event or the level 120 campaign.

Quote:
Why don't they include WQs there? What about such zones as the Twilight Highlands, will the Dragonmaw be gone?
I think they'll phase only a few of the zones, like Tirisfal, Arathi and maybe Hillsbrad. The others will remain as they are, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post

I expected them to go Horde because of affinities with the Blood Elves, but that was before I knew we were going into total war... They do seem a bunch of ingrates to go into the faction that torched/will torch the home of the night elves that helped them.

Quote:
Blizzard is digging itself into a big deep hole with this elven mess. How can a small group such as this be called a "race"? And their background is more of a class than a race. Why do we need both high elves and void elves in the Alliance? They should be one and the same.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 11-04-2017 at 07:46 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:47 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Technically yes, but Ebyssian has been in hiding since the War of the Ancients.
So how/why is he supporting the Horde?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Elune

Quote:

Every leader but Tyrande.

Im accually starting to be serious about her being dead.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Blizzard is digging itself into a big deep hole with this elven mess. How can a small group such as this be called a "race"? And their background is more of a class than a race. Why do we need both high elves and void elves in the Alliance? They should be one and the same.
I hate to say it but... maybe down the line they'll add High Elves as an Allied Race. I mean, if we'll have Ironforge Dwarves and Dark Iron Dwarves on the Alliance, its not out of the question. I imagine they'll also add Wildhammer Dwarves at some point. Maybe Earthen too. Frost Dwarves, if they can exist outside of cold climates.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:02 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

It just goes to show the bias. Horde get actual sub races with large populations and unique models while Alliance gets reskinned shit.

I wouldn't at this point be surprised if they don't fire/demote people who have Alliance mains given the blatant favoritism this "Faction War" bullshit shows. At least the Legion stuff had the faction shit on the back burner where it belonged. Instead, we get to drudge up the same old tired shit - the Horde gets to burn down a capital city and a zone, the Alliance "attacks but doesn't take" Lordaeron - so what's the point?

Also the amount of Horde players drooling about Sylvanas is hilarious. Once she starts pushing for lebensraum and going down the same path that Putress did("death to the living") It'll amuse me to watch the previously deeply natural and spiritualistic Horde suddenly be happy to haul around plague and genocide populations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:07 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
It just goes to show the bias. Horde get actual sub races with large populations and unique models while Alliance gets reskinned shit.
Void elves are smaller in number yeah, but Dark Irons probably have a decent number and so do the Lightforged.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2017, 08:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Wait no Tyrande?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
So how/why is he supporting the Horde?
He's part of the Highmountain tribe, disguised as their elder shaman for 10,000 years and secretly guiding its chieftains. Highmountain tribe is joining the Horde in 8.0.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:12 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Void elves are smaller in number yeah, but Dark Irons probably have a decent number and so do the Lightforged.
Not like they will matter in the end. Horde get three whole civilizations to join them. Nightborne, Zandalari and Highmountain. All unique models. The Orcs get unique models.

Alliance? A smattering of reskinned blood elves and draenei and reskinned dwarves who barely have anything to offer. I don't see how that's any kind of enjoyable.

Maybe it explains the caveman chest thumping coming from the Horde community; though I don't know. Though when the developers give you dragons, ancient arcane warriors and an unlimited buffet of conquest and personal character storylines, it's easy to laugh at the scraps being lapped up by the Alliance community.

For eleven years they've had to endure the disrespect and neglect. It looks like even with Kosak out of the way it continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Wait no Tyrande?

He's part of the Highmountain tribe, disguised as their elder shaman for 10,000 years and secretly guiding its chieftains. Highmountain tribe is joining the Horde in 8.0.
He's been hanging around for over 10,000 years and nobody suspected anything?

Also, how do we know this immortal Tauren is that one dragon?
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft