Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Kul'Tiras being a pile of slag was a Jaina/Varian short story they had on the website back during... Cata/MoP, I think? Some nobles were making comments about it behind Jaina's back.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-07-2017, 09:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Kul'Tiras being a pile of slag was a Jaina/Varian short story they had on the website back during... Cata/MoP, I think? Some nobles were making comments about it behind Jaina's back.
Exaggeration or retcon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Wasn't it in Varian's novel Wolfheart?
Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
My bet:

Sylvanas wants to use Taeshalach's shard to specifically target the Worgen enclave in Darnassus. That's why Saurfang and Nathanos are there.

Something goes wrong and the shard overloads, setting the entire tree on fire. Saurfang and Nathanos aren't there anymore because they went to deal with damage control. Sylvanas is in shock. She can't deny the attack. She must now assume it and march for war.

The one who spreads the info about Sylvanas deliberatelyis Anduin himself, calling the entire faction for war.

The first lie is a half-truth.
Well, Blizzard did ask the question "Why did the Horde burn down Teldrassil?". We should recall that the Horde was largely disgusted with Garrosh's behavior at Theramore. If this is just Theramore 2.0, there's no way they shouldn't be sick of this shit already. The Orcs should have no particular loyalty or admiration towards Sylvanas as a real Orc among Orcs. Her propaganda machine is, by nature, somewhat ineffective among the greater Horde. It doesn't speak to their culture.

This war won't make sense unless it can be sold to every single other race in the Horde. The Blood Elves were offered a place back in the Alliance through Alleria, and refused it. The Horde is willingly following Sylvanas, even in the cases where they have alternatives.

Why? Why do they listen to her when she screams "For the Horde!"? They shouldn't be willing to just go forth and have a Garrosh 2.0. Blizzard is probably hiding an extremely important twist to what goes down. Something that allows the Horde to support whatever action she's actually responsible for.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:46 AM

Arch-Druid

I made a topic in the main blizzard forums about void elves, high elves and those 3 propositions I posted a few pages back.

If you support the discussion, give a thumbs up there and reply.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759181851#1

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Exaggeration or retcon.
Eh, comparing Kul Tiras's appearance in BfA to every appearance before, it does look pretty heavily damaged.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....ity-States.jpg
https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....railer_Map.jpg
Old 11-07-2017, 09:56 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Well, Blizzard did ask the question "Why did the Horde burn down Teldrassil?". We should recall that the Horde was largely disgusted with Garrosh's behavior at Theramore. If this is just Theramore 2.0, there's no way they shouldn't be sick of this shit already. The Orcs should have no particular loyalty or admiration towards Sylvanas as a real Orc among Orcs. Her propaganda machine is, by nature, somewhat ineffective among the greater Horde. It doesn't speak to their culture.

This war won't make sense unless it can be sold to every single other race in the Horde. The Blood Elves were offered a place back in the Alliance through Alleria, and refused it. The Horde is willingly following Sylvanas, even in the cases where they have alternatives.

Why? Why do they listen to her when she screams "For the Horde!"? They shouldn't be willing to just go forth and have a Garrosh 2.0. Blizzard is probably hiding an extremely important twist to what goes down. Something that allows the Horde to support whatever action she's actually responsible for.
they didn't distrust Garrosh for destroying Alliance forts, they did it because he used enslaved elementals and basically got the Horde massacred at Theramore to quench their bloodthirst before dropping the bomb
Old 11-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Wasn't it in Varian's novel Wolfheart?
Tides of tea iirc
Old 11-07-2017, 10:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Eh, comparing Kul Tiras's appearance in BfA to every appearance before, it does look pretty heavily damaged.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....ity-States.jpg
https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....railer_Map.jpg
Now that you've posted it, I noticed: where the hell are Crestfall and Zul'dare?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Unhappy

Quote:
1-10 how triggered are you?
On a scale from 1 - 10 he sounds rotal.

ARM, i'm with you on all of this, just... y'know... don't turn into Past-Me. Don't know if you noticed but i can try to be as constructive as i can be, other than iGoD nobody even responds to me; i reckon i'm on half the board's block lists.
I have noticed your salt, i am sharing it to the best of my abilities, but... be yourself. Don't be me. Being me never ends well.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:25 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post

ARM, i'm with you on all of this, just... y'know... don't turn into Past-Me. Don't know if you noticed but i can try to be as constructive as i can be, other than iGoD nobody even responds to me; i reckon i'm on half the board's block lists.
I have noticed your salt, i am sharing it to the best of my abilities, but... be yourself. Don't be me. Being me never ends well.
Sage advice. It's never pretty to look back at your past posts, its practically guaranteed to show you something to regret. Remaining constructive is not just better for the board its better for the soul!

Side note: Is there anyway to tell if someone is blocking you? Felt like I've been invisible to at least one poster for a little while now.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda

I guess trying to send a PM should do the trick?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Side note: Is there anyway to tell if someone is blocking you? Felt like I've been invisible to at least one poster for a little while now.
I've always wondered... (Before I turned unblockable and realised that people don't ignore me, just my posts. )

Maybe PMs or befriending them no longer works?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
I've always wondered... (Before I turned unblockable and realised that people don't ignore me, just my posts. )

Maybe PMs or befriending them no longer works?
I have you blocked before you became a tyrant and it still works.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I have you blocked before you became a tyrant and it still works.
Is that so? Seems like we'll have to do something about that.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Is that so? Seems like we'll have to do something about that.
Hayir. Anyway, who’s going to be the Dark Iron’s racial leader? Same with the high mountain? Will the Princess troll lead the Zandalari?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2017, 11:06 AM

Warden

Quote:
Don't know if you noticed but i can try to be as constructive as i can be, other than iGoD nobody even responds to me; i reckon i'm on half the board's block lists.
I don't really comment on your posts because I find you intimidating. So if it's any consolation, I do read what you have to say.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:06 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Something that allows the Horde to support whatever action she's actually responsible for.
Perhaps it's related to the Old Godish, Il'gynoth' whispers concerning Anduin?

Quote:
The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
I don't really comment on your posts because I find you intimidating. So if it's any consolation, I do read what you have to say.
Fake news. Are there any pics of the fox people?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Warden

Quote:
Hayir. Anyway, who’s going to be the Dark Iron’s racial leader?
Moira.

Quote:
Same with the high mountain?
Mayla.

Quote:
Will the Princess troll lead the Zandalari?
Yes.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:11 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Sylvanas' third death and resurrection would be a good way to get rid of her remaining valkyr. I really can't see Blizzard removing her permanently.
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Old 11-07-2017, 11:13 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Don't know if you noticed but i can try to be as constructive as i can be, other than iGoD nobody even responds to me; i reckon i'm on half the board's block lists.
Can't speak for the rest of the folks here but I do read your posts mate. Although I'm more of a lurker here and not that frequent. Haven't found anything particular in your posts worth blocking though.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Moira.

Mayla.

Yes.
Lightforged Draenei may not be led by Velen, but by Turalyon, so I believe these Dark Iron are independent from Moira.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Hayir. Anyway, who’s going to be the Dark Iron’s racial leader? Same with the high mountain? Will the Princess troll lead the Zandalari?
We don't know yet, but Apep's guesses are likely accurate.

And here's a picture of one of my people.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:

Sometimes people just don't reply to your posts. Whuch isn't a bad thing: I rarely reply to a post I agree with.

And even your Twilight vampire physiology posts were more humerous than annoying.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft