Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2018, 02:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Since nobody talked about it:

A few weeks ago, "Full Metal Panic - Invisible Victory" ended.

And besides some Production Issues in the Second Half, I really enjoyed the show.

Now I really hope that it makes enough money that a Fifth and Final Series is greenlighted. (There are still 3 Light Novels that need to be adapted.)
Old 09-21-2018, 05:43 AM

Wisp

Quote:
"Now I really hope that it makes enough money that a Fifth and Final Series is greenlighted. (There are still 3 Light Novels that need to be adapted.)"
I'm hoping for the same thing. Would definitely be a bummer if a fifth and final series were not to push through.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Old 01-04-2019, 06:44 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

I'm a huge sailor moon fan.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:14 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

It took so long for Studio Ghibli's works really catch my interest.

Will probably watch Princess Mononoke then Howl's Moving Castle.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Seasonal stuff I'm currently watching:
  • Dororo: It's okay, nice aesthetics. Crippled guy who must kill demons to recover body parts. Feudal Japan. <link>
  • Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: Hilarious romantic comedy about guy and gal who try to force each other to confess their love. Best thing of the season, hands down. <link>
  • Karakuri Circus: This series is a fucking mess that makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know why I'm even watching it. It's a storyteller's trainwreck, so bad it can't be accidental. <link>
  • The Magnificent Kotobuki: WW1/2 plane fights. It's nice and comfy. All the protagonists are female and your usual Japanese bullshit, but who cares about that, you'll be watching this for the aerial battles anyway. <link>
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization: Please don't judge me. SAO is garbage, but it's still somewhat enjoyable and watchable during the first run. <link>
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero: Best second thing of the season (and first for many), just your usual isekai (lolteleport to rpg world). It's pretty decent. <link>
  • The Promised Neverland: Children realizing their world is a lie, and trying to escape. Not that great, but watchable. <link>
I've watched quite a few series lately (free time and bored of videogames), but I don't want to write the Bible here, so let's leave it there.

I'll make a single recommendation though:

KAIJI: ULTIMATE SURVIVOR <link>

This series is fucking nuts. Probably the best thing anime I've ever watched. It's the most intense bullshit you've ever experienced, like Death Note on drugs. And it's just some men gambling, just that. Check it out if you haven't yet.

I also made one of these: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/lon-ami since my .txt was going insane. Feel free to peek, and make/post yours too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
It was on my list. Apparently it's not available in Austria, go figure. Not a huge loss from what i hear but it's not a good first impression.
Don't know about other languages (Spanish here), but fansubs are usually far better than official subs anyway. The translation makes more sense, and many also use different colors and fonts for the sub of each character. They also release faster.

They also stay original to the works no matter what (they're fans after all), so no script change controversies over there (unlike some of the recent bullshit with Crunchyroll and SJW politics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken is what we all should be looking forward to.
I find this one boring as hell. Should have dropped it after the nightmare that was the first episode, with the wannabe Navi. Might return to it later when it's over (watched the first 11 episodes only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
It took so long for Studio Ghibli's works really catch my interest.

Will probably watch Princess Mononoke then Howl's Moving Castle.
This is their best movie imo:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/416/Kurenai_no_Buta (Porco Rosso)

It has something, don't know exactly what, but I loved it to no end.

Also, great music:

Howl is my second favorite of theirs, only for the aesthetics and the music. This waltz is the best thing ever:

Mononoke was nice too, my third in the top, specially because it has a somewhat solid story, unlike most of the other movies. I'm still kinda torn about it in some aspects, so I don't know. These are the only three Ghibli movies I gave a 10/10 to.

The worst thing about Ghibli movies is the story and the pacing, it's a huge mess in most of them. I specially despise the "weird thing is going on, but no one cares or stops to wonder about it" thing. Most characters have no agency and just follow the plot way too conveniently.

I haven't watched all of them (8/21 so far), but I'd surmise it doesn't get better.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 02-20-2019 at 10:10 AM..
Old 02-20-2019, 11:11 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Alicization is very good in my book.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

So Ive read chapter 115 of Attack on Titan and I think I get where this is going. With every infected soldier being detained in Shiganshina district, where the main cast and the Marley's warriors also seem to be, I get the feeling that Zeke is just gonna come in and yell/be forced to yell and transform everyone into titans. So we'd get a "classic AoT" final fight, with titans everywhere and the main cast trying to survive both the Titans and Marley's attack. I don't know why, but I kinda always got the feeling that while the story presented itself as something that happens after the titans destroyed the world, it was in fact a story about how titans will destroy it. So like, this whole Shiganshina situation is gonna spiral out of control and destroy everything. As for Eren, no idea what's his plan, maybe he wants to get all the titans and become some kind of Ymir 2.0? Any thoughts on all of this?

Tags
entertainment, japan, pokemon, weebshit