Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 07-28-2017, 12:28 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Yup. He shouldnt act like a goofball.

On the other hand, if his schoolyard level taunts are enough to seriously make people not work with him to the detriment of stable government, they shouldnt have their jobs either.

This administrations done nothing but reinforce my desire to burn it all and remove them all
He had built his own cabinet, if thing didn't work well then he got himself to blame as well.

I wanted to support him after the election, but found it's hard since you got to ignore a lot of the stupid things he has done.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:06 PM

Elune

I don't understand why the Democrats are giving 100% opposition. It is a really short sighted strategy when 10 of them are up for reelection in states won by Trump. They are going to get booted out. Then what will they do if there are over 60 Republican senators?

Why keep Senator Joe Donnelly in Indiana when he only votes for things the state wants when his vote doesn't matter?
Old 07-28-2017, 01:25 PM

World Builder

They are standing up to Trump because he is crazy and incompetent, they are not going to forget their values and bow to pressure.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Aaand he encourages police brutality... /golfclap

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:50 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Aaand he encourages police brutality... /golfclap
...Did I miss something?
Member #14
Old 07-28-2017, 01:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
They are standing up to Trump because he is crazy and incompetent, they are not going to forget their values and bow to pressure.
What values? Not everyone benefits from a government taxing and spending discriminately. He should honor the values of the state that voted for him or he will just lose his seat. The state he comes from has school choice. Public sector unions were essentially dismantled. Taxes are lower and the business climate is better so the state fared better than its neighbors. The state has its own health insurance program called HIP which insures people 138% below the poverty level.

It isn't like he gets to stay in office if he only cares about his personal feelings and not the wishes of his constituents. Everyday Trump says he refuses to bow to pressure and upholds his values. The last Indiana senate race had a relatively new fiscally responsible Republican win by 10 percentage points against a prior governor/senator of the state. He can't just put his party above his state if he wants to continue serving.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
...Did I miss something?

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:31 PM

Elune

How bout the whole thing and not a sound bite
Old 07-28-2017, 02:39 PM

Elune

I don't think the police are happy just because they want to beat up people for no reason because the police force is just a bunch of sociopaths that need enlightened liberals to micromanage their actions.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
What values? Not everyone benefits from a government taxing and spending discriminately. He should honor the values of the state that voted for him or he will just lose his seat. The state he comes from has school choice. Public sector unions were essentially dismantled. Taxes are lower and the business climate is better so the state fared better than its neighbors. The state has its own health insurance program called HIP which insures people 138% below the poverty level.

It isn't like he gets to stay in office if he only cares about his personal feelings and not the wishes of his constituents. Everyday Trump says he refuses to bow to pressure and upholds his values. The last Indiana senate race had a relatively new fiscally responsible Republican win by 10 percentage points against a prior governor/senator of the state. He can't just put his party above his state if he wants to continue serving.

Republicans have NEVER been fiscally responsible. Saint Ron was forced to raise taxes because his policies blew up, Bush wasted the surplus Clinton built and his tax cuts helped make the situation work, and it was deregulation that made the housing crisis happen.

Indiana will probably crumble if they keep going right wing economically. Sam Brownback's little experiment is proof that trickle down never works.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:48 PM

Elune

States like Indiana, Texas, and Florida are doing fine. It is states like California, Illinois, and New York that have people fleeing and receive credit downgrades. No one care about Kansas and you can't just ignore the poverty rates or out of state migration of big blues states into red ones just because one red state seems to not work out. That is like internet confirmation bias except you are ignoring wide swaths of reality.

The rest of the Midwest followed Indiana when it came to fiscal and economic policy. They all elected Republican governors and then voted for a Republican president. That is the sort of idea evolution that our federalist system promotes. Ideas get implemented, they work, and then other states copy them. There is an experiment stage just like the real scientific method and not the sort of circle jerk you see in fake science.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:17 PM

Elune

I'm really glad that Congressional Republicans are too dumb to figure out how to work together. We'd be in even more trouble than we already are if that were the case.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-28-2017 at 05:32 PM..
Old 07-28-2017, 05:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm really glad that Congressional Republicans are too dumb to figure out how to work together. We'd be in even more trouble than we already are if that were the case.
Parties shouldnt work together as much as they do as it is.

A two party system is only slighly better than a single party system
Old 07-28-2017, 06:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Parties shouldnt work together as much as they do as it is.

A two party system is only slighly better than a single party system

Here is your full clip of that video linked earlier.

Looks like General Kelly is Chief of Staff now. No more Reince Priebus.

Last edited by PajamaSalad; 07-28-2017 at 06:11 PM..
Old 07-28-2017, 06:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
States like Indiana, Texas, and Florida are doing fine. It is states like California, Illinois, and New York that have people fleeing and receive credit downgrades. No one care about Kansas and you can't just ignore the poverty rates or out of state migration of big blues states into red ones just because one red state seems to not work out. That is like internet confirmation bias except you are ignoring wide swaths of reality.

The rest of the Midwest followed Indiana when it came to fiscal and economic policy. They all elected Republican governors and then voted for a Republican president. That is the sort of idea evolution that our federalist system promotes. Ideas get implemented, they work, and then other states copy them. There is an experiment stage just like the real scientific method and not the sort of circle jerk you see in fake science.
And in a few years they're all gonna crash and burn. We elected a republican president in 2000 and 2004. His policies helped drive the economy into toilet. I mentioned Kansas because it's doing trickle down in it's purest form; if anything you ignore the ugly truth that if the midwest imitated Kansas they'd all burn. So you use confirmation bias ignoring the state that most embodies republican economic policies is a shit hole

As for you're experiment stage......we did elect republican presidents. They ALL wrecked the economy (reagan had to walk back his tax cuts because they did more harm than good and raised the deficit).
Old 07-28-2017, 07:59 PM

World Builder

Quote:
. He can't just put his party above his state if he wants to continue serving.
Do you think no Democratic people voted for him? Or no Democrat people live in his state? Should he just Rubberstamp anything Republicans put out without reading it? Because that is what Republican Senators askes for the other night, they wanted folks to vote on the repeal but wouldn't take questions on it.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-28-2017, 08:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Do you think no Democratic people voted for him? Or no Democrat people live in his state? Should he just Rubberstamp anything Republicans put out without reading it? Because that is what Republican Senators askes for the other night, they wanted folks to vote on the repeal but wouldn't take questions on it.
I think people voted for him because his opponent said rape babies were God's gift.

He doesn't have to vote for all Republican things but I feel like the deciding factor in whether or not he is depends on if the vote matters. If the Republicans vote on some pro-police or pro-life bill and it is already at 60 votes he will throw his vote in but if we only need one vote he will side with his party. It just seems like a ploy. His state is a conservative state but he kind of feels like a snake in the grass. He says he has these values but when it matters he sticks to his party.

I want to repeal and replace the PPACA because I think it is inefficient and slows down the economy too much. It caused a lot of people's premiums to rise and forced a bunch of people on insurance via threat of a fine that they can't even use. I am not someone that believes if someone can't afford they don't deserve it but I want the states to provide it to the most vulnerable while someone like me can choose the kind of insurance I want. Some of the taxes and mandates are really harmful too. I think a lot of it was just a big gift to the health care/insurance industry.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
And in a few years they're all gonna crash and burn. We elected a republican president in 2000 and 2004. His policies helped drive the economy into toilet. I mentioned Kansas because it's doing trickle down in it's purest form; if anything you ignore the ugly truth that if the midwest imitated Kansas they'd all burn. So you use confirmation bias ignoring the state that most embodies republican economic policies is a shit hole

As for you're experiment stage......we did elect republican presidents. They ALL wrecked the economy (reagan had to walk back his tax cuts because they did more harm than good and raised the deficit).

Surely you cant be talking about Gramm-Leach-Bliley?

Which is largely agreed to have softened the crisis.

The blame for the recession is owned by a lot of people, with the Clinton administration itself holding no small amount of blame by pushing for softer credit and downpayments for midd class families.

Of course, the Bush administration failed to keep an eye on the destabilizing mortgage climate, and they own that. But the train was already derailed. They failed to attempt to fix it.

Wallstreet itself was fairly careless, the fedetal reserve fucked up after the dot-com bubble, cheapening credit.

And of course, people buying shit they couldnt afford thanks to all this new credit
Old 07-28-2017, 11:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Surely you cant be talking about Gramm-Leach-Bliley?

Which is largely agreed to have softened the crisis.

The blame for the recession is owned by a lot of people, with the Clinton administration itself holding no small amount of blame by pushing for softer credit and downpayments for midd class families.

Of course, the Bush administration failed to keep an eye on the destabilizing mortgage climate, and they own that. But the train was already derailed. They failed to attempt to fix it.

Wallstreet itself was fairly careless, the fedetal reserve fucked up after the dot-com bubble, cheapening credit.

And of course, people buying shit they couldnt afford thanks to all this new credit
Yes the clintons do. But the policies were conservative in nature. Republicans endorsed the people buying shit, and bush did more than just fail to keep an eye; he encouraged disastrous decisions.

Republican behavior is to blame Dems for th stupidity they inflict on the stat
Old 07-28-2017, 11:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I think people voted for him because his opponent said rape babies were God's gift.

He doesn't have to vote for all Republican things but I feel like the deciding factor in whether or not he is depends on if the vote matters. If the Republicans vote on some pro-police or pro-life bill and it is already at 60 votes he will throw his vote in but if we only need one vote he will side with his party. It just seems like a ploy. His state is a conservative state but he kind of feels like a snake in the grass. He says he has these values but when it matters he sticks to his party.

I want to repeal and replace the PPACA because I think it is inefficient and slows down the economy too much. It caused a lot of people's premiums to rise and forced a bunch of people on insurance via threat of a fine that they can't even use. I am not someone that believes if someone can't afford they don't deserve it but I want the states to provide it to the most vulnerable while someone like me can choose the kind of insurance I want. Some of the taxes and mandates are really harmful too. I think a lot of it was just a big gift to the health care/insurance industry.
And before that many poor people didn't have health care; in the long run the tax premiums are a good thing.

So if anything you must hate poor people because that's what's gonna happen if rethuglicans have their way (LOTS OF poor people dying)
Old 07-29-2017, 04:52 PM

Elune

Trump really should subjugate congress to Obamacare. No exemptions.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:34 PM

Elune

Did you guys know that Joe Biden's son died of brain cancer? Joe almost had to sell his house to afford treatment, but Obama offered him money to help cover the costs. It's a good thing we have healthcare so great that the Vice President has to borrow money to pay for it.
Member #14
Old 07-31-2017, 03:40 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
I don't understand why the Democrats are giving 100% opposition. It is a really short sighted strategy when 10 of them are up for reelection in states won by Trump. They are going to get booted out. Then what will they do if there are over 60 Republican senators?

Why keep Senator Joe Donnelly in Indiana when he only votes for things the state wants when his vote doesn't matter?
Shortsighted? O, ye of little memory. How can it be shortsighted when it worked for Republicans when they were a minority in the House and Senate? Republicans gave Democrats an illustrated guide on how to succesfully be a congressional minority opposing an unpopular president and turn that to their advantage. If there are over 60 Republican senators, then they will continue to oppose, just as Republicans would if their situations were reversed. It's a gamble for the midterm elections, but that was also true when the Republican minority vehemently opposed the ACA, and we saw what happened there. But the Republican healthcare "plans," and I do use that term loosely, have proven incredibly unpopular with the masses. Also, in some cases, those were also states that were won by Obama in the past or that Trump only won by less than 1 percentage point against Clinton. So let's not pretend that Trump won by huge margins.

Quote:
This may sound counterintuitive, but people are "fleeing" blue states because of several major factors. (1) Those states have become victims of their own successes. They have attracted Big Money. Companies, start-ups, and rich opportunity seekers with capital to invest want to be where the business is happening, which leads to issues of gentrification of their major urban centers and driving up a lot of real estate in these states. (2) Red States are getting people because people from Blue States can take their well-earned money and get more bang-for-their-buck in poorer, cheaper Red States. It's not that the Red States are somehow doing better or things right - quite the opposite, by most reasonable standards - but because rich Blue State inhabitants are willing to move to make their money go farther. It's gentrification on a wider scale, but of rich state people gentrifying poor states. A lot of that influx into Red States from Blue State inhabitants tend to be in urban "blue pocket" centers. This is also resulting in shifting demographics in a lot of Southern states, particularly towards Democrats. (This is not an overnight process, but the once conservative South is evolving.) Past state politics in North Carolina used to be East vs. West, but now it is moving towards Urban vs. Rural, in part, because of these shifting demographic trends. NC Natives often joke, for example, that Cary, North Carolina stands for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees," and the Triangle, the Triad, Charlotte, and Asheville regions have a lot of liberal non-Southerners moving there.

Quote:
Trump really should subjugate congress to Obamacare. No exemptions.
That would produce a far more beneficial system to the American people. However, my inner cynic would not be surprised if that meant more ideological-leaning congresspeople seeking to abolish ACA while opting to use their well-to-do spouse's healthcare plan.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:56 AM

Elune

Holy shit, Suck A Mooch barely lasted a fucking weekend. That has to be a record. This dumpster fire of an administration never fails to amaze me.
Member #14
Old 07-31-2017, 12:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Holy shit, Suck A Mooch barely lasted a fucking weekend. That has to be a record. This dumpster fire of an administration never fails to amaze me.
Holy shit. There are a handful of good people in this administration (Mattis, McMasters, maybe a few others), but a lot of the others are backbiting sociopaths, and Scarmucchi was one.

Sounds like Kelly asked for him to be removed. I respect Kelly's service, but he's a big proponent of the border wall, which is a dumb and expensive idea. If you want to stop illegal immigration, it'd be much wiser to simply enforce existing immigration law and defund sanctuary cities.

This administration makes me glad I re-registered as "decline to state".

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"

Last edited by HlaaluStyle; 07-31-2017 at 12:14 PM..

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president