Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Here's another one:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46845421

Quote:
World of Warcraft: Echoes of Nazjatar

With the Legion defeated, the heroes of Azeroth return from Argus to find that all is not as they left it. Failing to retreive the Tidestone of Golganneth, Queen Aszhara has directed her forces to a darker motive: Freeing the Old God N'zoth. Across the seas of Azeroth, the forces of Nazjatar can be heard searching for N'zoth's lost prison. It is up to the heroes of Azeroth to stop Azshara before she frees the Old One.

New Level Cap: 120

New Zones:

Kul'Tiras: Once the greatest naval force Azeroth had ever seen, Kul'Tiras has fallen upon hard times. First the death of Admiral
Daelin Proudmoore at the hands of Rexxar and the Horde, then the Cataclysm which moved their nation out to sea, far from the Eastern Kingdoms which they depended upon for trade. Now with the Naga at their shore and the dark whispers of N'zoth in their towns, Kul'Tiras rests at the brink of destruction.

Plunder Isle (PvP Zone): Fleet Admiral Tethys, leader of the Bloodsail Buccaneers rules over Plunder Isle. In their years of operation, the Bloodsail have traveled the seas many times over and have gathered countless treasures. Many of these treasures are powerful weapons and armor which could be used against Azshara. Not one to give up booty easily, Tethys has issued a challenge: Win supremacy of the island, and earn the right to challenge him for his booty!

Zandalar: The once-sinking island of the Zandalar is ruled over by the Prophet Zul. In an attempt to save their island from certain destruction, Zul has struck a bargain with Queen Azshara. Now the Zandalari work with the Naga in exchange for their reclaimed home. Zul has begun the process of capturing Loa and stealing their powers to aid in the search for N'zoth.

Kezan: The once prosperous Isle of Kezan suffered heavy damages during the Cataclysm. Though the city of Undermine has since been repaired, the surface of the island hasn't been so lucky. The Cataclysm plays itself over and over again as the surface of the island has become a battleground for the elements.

Tel'Abim: The League of Explorers have found the long-lost island of Tel'Abim. Known for their famous bananas and mysterious culture, the inhabitants of Tel'Abim are said to be wary of outsiders. Join the Brann, Reno, and the gang as they journey through the mysterious isle of in search of the fabled Lost City of Tel'Doravas

Nazjatar: Seat of the Naga Empire, it is from Nazjatar that Queen Azshara directs her forces. If Nazjatar falls, so too does any hope of freeing N'zoth.

All zones will use scaling technology except for Nazjatar which will be 120 only

Cities:

Undermine: Heavily damaged after the Cataclysm, Undermine was long in a state of disrepair. It was at this time that Trade Prince Gallywix purchased a majority stake in the city from the other Goblin cartels. Now, after years of repair, Undermine has been returned to its former glory and the Gallywix has opened the city up to serve as a base of operations for the Horde throughout the Nazjatar campaign.

Boralus: Abandoned by the Council of Six, Lady Jaina Proudmoore left Dalaran and the Kirin Tor behind her. Returning home to the maritime nation of Kul'Tiras, she was at firt welcomed by a hessitant nation. However, after promising her people vengeance against the Horde that killed her father, she rallied the ravaged populace of Kul'Tiras behind her. Now the leader of this proud nation, she has opened the gates of Boralus to the Alliance so that they may command the greatest navy Azeroth has ever seen against the forces od Azshara.

Expansion Features:

New Races:

Kvaldir (Horde):

After the defeat of Helya, the Kvaldir of Helheim were trapped in their realm with no one to direct them or grant them passage out. The Banshee Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner came to them offering them a place on the Horde. Serving as the Horde's primary naval strength, the Kvaldir ride the mists into battle against the Alliance and the Naga.

Helheim Dregs(1-12): With the death of Helya, the Kvaldir are trapped in the Dregs of Helheim. No longer able to venture out into the seas of Azeroth and raid, they simply sit in the dregs and rot. Until Sylvanas comes offering them deliverence from their torment in exchange for one thing: Eternal servitude.

Naga (Neutral):

The oldest Naga still remember the Sundering. Their transformations. The way their very bodies warped as the God of the Deep saved them from certain death. It was on that day their Queen had pledged her people's unwaivering loyalty to N'zoth and they hold that loyalty to this day. However, the younger generations of Naga don't feel the same loyalties to their Queen as the older ones do, and the search for N'zoth has some questioning weather or not their success means the loss of all they hold dear. These Naga find refuge in the ranks of the Alliance or the Horde.

Cazari Reef(1-12): Located on the outskirts of Nazjatar, Cazari reef is a proving ground for young and inexperienced Naga looking to join the search for N'zoth but can't yet be trusted to travel too far from home. It is here that playable Naga begin their journies.

Vrykul (Alliance):

Enraged by the Horde welcoming the Kvaldir into their ranks, the Vrykul Raiders of the Isle of Svorndal have pledged themselves to the Alliance. They seek vengeance for their lost home and to prove themselves to Odyn in glorious combat so that they may one day secure themselves a place in the Halls of Valor.

Svorndal(1-12): The Vrykul of Svorndal are a proud people. When they discover that the raiding Kvaldir have joined the Horde, they find themselves hopelessly outmatched. It is only by turning to the Alliance that they can place themselves on equal footing with their fallen enemies.

PvP Zone:

Battle for Plunder Isle: The Bloodsail Buccanneers have cleared out part of the island for the Alliance and the Horde to do battle on. Plunder Isle consists of a round, mirrored landmass with a center body of water. Players fight on land or by sea for supremacy of the island with the winning faction gaining access to Bloodsail Hold.

Flagship:

As Admiral of their factions naval forces, the player will have access to their factions flagship. The flagship will work similar to the Vindicaar on Argus, but will also feature aspects taken from Garrisons and Class Halls. Players will be able to send followers out on missions, direct the war effort, and travel between zones. There will also be aesthetic changes the player can make to the flagship that only they will see. Changes include:

Class Order banners
Guild banners
Race banners
Faction banners

Other flagship customization features will be announced in the months to come.

New Faction Storylines:

Similar to the Order Stories used in Legion, Echoes of Nazjatar will feature unique faction storylines in addition to the zones. These stories will be much longer and more involved than class stories and will heavily feature Alliance vs Horde action.

New Battleground:

Svorndal Shores

New Arenas:

Nazjatar Slave Pits
Fray Island

Dungeons/Raids:

Echoes of Nazjatar will feature nine dungeons at launch:

Caverns of Time: Battle for Blackrock Spire
Crestfall Keep (Kul'Tiras)
Zul'Haku (Zandalar)
Naz'zar Archives (Nazjatar)
Ruins of Zin-Azshari (Nazjatar)
The Lost City of Tel'Doravas (Tel'Abim)
Lost Caverns (Kezan)
Boom's Workshop (Kezan)
Blackfathom Deeps (updated)

Three raids at launch:

Seat of the Highborne: Located at the heart of Nazjatar is Azshara's glorious citadel. From here the Queen of the Seas commands her forces as they work to free N'zoth from his prison. The raid will consist of five bosses including Azshara herself.

Plunder Hold: A Vault of Archavon style raid in which Fleet Admiral Tethys sends Bloodsail Champions out to fight whichever faction controls the island. The raid will be updated with new bosses at the release of each tier.

The Rift: Though many believe The Rift was created when the Well of Eternity was destroyed in the Sundering, they are mistaken. The Rift was created when the mighty tian Aman'Thul ripped Y'Shaarj from the surface of Azeroth, scarring the nascent titan forever. The wound goes down into Azeroth's very core and it is here at this deepest point where the forces of N'zoth seek to corrupt Azeroth's physical being. The raid will consist of three bosses and will supplement Seat of the Highborne.

Similar to Warlords of Draenor, The Rift and Plunder Hold will unlock shortly before Seat of the Highborne. Unlike Warlords of Draenor and Legion, item levels will be comparable across the three raids.

Return of the annual pass:

Similar to when Mists of Pandaria was announced, those who purchase an annual pass will receive:

3 Hearthstone Packs
5 Overwatch Loot Boxes
5 Heroes of the Storm Loot Boxes
Diablo 3 Necromancer Hero
World of Warcraft mount: Lightforged Golem

The annual pass will be available soon and the offer expires at the end of Blizzcon.
Considering writing one myself. I just can't decide between making it moderately believable or outlandishly trolly.

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 08-09-2017 at 12:46 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 12:44 PM

Arch-Druid

I like how he justified kvaldir on the Horde. Other than that, it's just the standard "South Seas" expansion variation.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
World of Warcraft mount: Lightforged Golem
He didn't even bother to check that we already know where that mount comes from, it's 500k for the Army of the Light rep. I want fakes with effort!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:48 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Such foolishness. It has been know that the next expansion's name is "The Edge of Madness" for quite some time!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:50 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Is this "South Seas" thing a legitimate Blizzard thing anyway? Warcraft has "the Great Sea" of course, but is the "South Seas" anything other than fan speculation?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Is this "South Seas" thing a legitimate Blizzard thing anyway? Warcraft has "the Great Sea" of course, but is the "South Seas" anything other than fan speculation?
South Seas is the name of the sea between Pandaria and the Maelstrom. When you fly north of Pandaria that's the zone name.

But usually zones people list in a "South Seas" expansion are actually in the Great Sea, like Kul Tiras and (before Legion) the Broken Isles. I think the only one that's actually in the South Seas on that list is Zandalar?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:58 PM

Eternal

Old 08-09-2017, 01:27 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Indeed I do! If you ever wanted to know how many red shirts I own, the answer is inside.

Also, another in game cutscene:

Old 08-09-2017, 02:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So let's see what we have to work with:

-skeletons for Naga and Vrykul that *could* be used for character creation
Where is this from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:21 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Where is this from?
Leviathon found they added death skeletons (the ones your character leaves behind after you rez) for male and female naga, and male vrykul to the game files in Legion. They are the only non-playable races to get this.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Leviathon found they added death skeletons (the ones your character leaves behind after you rez) for male and female naga, and male vrykul to the game files in Legion. They are the only non-playable races to get this.
Yep. Which is incredibly telling. The real question is, did they mean to be added for Legion, or what comes next?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Yep. Which is incredibly telling. The real question is, did they mean to be added for Legion, or what comes next?
I think they were meant for Legion, makes sense in its context.

Fun fact: usually, when you used some cosmetic skill to change your appearance, the listed race in your tooltip would remain the same. A human using the illusion of a orc would be labeled "human".

When they implemented the Mercenary Mode in WoD, they also changed cosmetic effects to show the race of the current appearance. A human disguised as a orc would be labeled "orc".

This worked for all playable races. But, during WoD, I decided to test it with NPC races. Most of them fail, showing the original race. Most of them, except...

Vrykul
Broken
Naga
Taunka

There may be others, but those are the ones I found out.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Eternal

Okay which one of you made this one?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post46849459
Old 08-09-2017, 02:48 PM

Elune

Could also be a deliberate red herring. Remember they also added Ogre Hallow's End masks a few years ago and people were speculating that since it was how Worgen/Goblins were implied, it'd be the same.

Interesting thought I had though. In one of the Highmountain rare spawn caves are a bunch of dead adventurers. All of 'em are from Alliance races... including the Priest, who is a *Drumroll* High Elf.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Another fake here. I like the idea of Skar'this being the explanation for playable naga. Doesn't he die in Midsummer though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Naga alone would be one thing, but that it's the case for vrykul too makes me definitely think it was something for Legion. Maybe I just don't go to enough sites but I barely ever see cries for playable vrykul and so can't see Blizz going through with it.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Another fake here. I like the idea of Skar'this being the explanation for playable naga. Doesn't he die in Midsummer though?

Naga alone would be one thing, but that it's the case for vrykul too makes me definitely think it was something for Legion. Maybe I just don't go to enough sites but I barely ever see cries for playable vrykul and so can't see Blizz going through with it.
Playable Worgen pretty much came out of nowhere. Do you really think Blizz consults websites when they decide on races?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Eternal

The next expansion will end up being something completely different, and Blizzard is just trolling everyone.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:13 PM

Arch-Druid

I had hoped it would be something completely out of the leftfield to continue the hilarity of 4 expansions in a row of ''This is Azshara for sure'', however Blizzard killed my fun when they released that Jaina promo. It's way too obvious.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:15 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
It's from the RPG if I'm not mistaken. "South Seas" was due to being the ocean south of the Maelstrom. The book Lands of Mystery talks a lot about its islands in details, much like it also talked about Northrend years before we got WotLK, and a lot of info about Northrend proved to be either right or close to the canon version.

The book details Broken Isles (original version from WC3), The Eye (beneath the Maelstrom, with Nazjatar and Mak'aru (Makrura city), Isle of Kezan (with Bilgewater Port and Undermine beneath it), Plunder Isle (with Bloodsail Hold), Zandalar (plus Zuldazar capital).

After the Cataclysm moved Kul Tiras, people began to place it and other missing islands from EK (Zul'dare, Crestfall, Balor) with the South Seas expansion.

WoW maps also included a new island, Tel'Abim, that people would include in the South Seas concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I loved the idea of the Golden Fleet raid. Other than that, meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
I had hoped it would be something completely out of the leftfield to continue the hilarity of 4 expansions in a row of ''This is Azshara for sure'', however Blizzard killed my fun when they released that Jaina promo. It's way too obvious.
Not if it's actually a Lordaeron expansion and Kul Tiras is part of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Last edited by Deicide; 08-09-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I like the Veil of Shadows leak the best.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Playable Worgen pretty much came out of nowhere. Do you really think Blizz consults websites when they decide on races?
I kind of do, yeah. Races are naturally going to be a big selling point for an expansion so it makes sense to choose one that a lot of people voice a desire to play. No better place to hear those desires than forums.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Worgen were always something that sounded neat though. I mean they even went with the story going with the common fan fic
Old 08-09-2017, 03:58 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I always imagined Gilneas being the catalyst and plot direction for Playable Worgen for a long time. Namely because of Pyrewood Village; always thought Worgen were a possibility for being playable.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Keeper of the Grove

On Argus with Turalyon and Alleria, are there any other races besides draenei in the Army of the Light? High elves or humans maybe?
Old 08-09-2017, 04:49 PM

Arch-Druid

So is Argus going to be on the cosmic map in-game, the one with Draenor, Azeroth, and Outland? They're kind of running out of room on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
On Argus with Turalyon and Alleria, are there any other races besides draenei in the Army of the Light? High elves or humans maybe?
Just Lothraxion. Who we still don't know anything about.

Last edited by Asterisk; 08-09-2017 at 04:51 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion