Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-21-2015, 06:12 AM
Kiraser Kiraser is offline

Arch-Druid
Kiraser's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posts: 1,210

Default Patch 6.2 lore thread

I just think it will be more convenient to discuss lore-related news here.

I am a bit curious about the Shadow Council arakkoa. Is Iskar the only non-Sethe and non-Adherent arakkoa in the Shadow Council? Is he the only one who managed to 'cure' the curse of Sethe with the Fel energies? Looks like that the situation with him and the curse was foreshadowed by Micky Neilson quite some time ago. Fel-humans incoming?
It's also cool to see Order of the Awakened at least in some action outside of Ashran.

What is the name of the new fel orc breed? Some of their NPCs are called felblood, maybe that's the right name?
I'm not sure, but their weird look compared to the old fel orcs may be because of the warlocks who channel spell on the fel pools. Maybe they are enchanting the fel blood itself.

BTW, is there a name for the new Shadow Council-Iron Horde alliance? Gul'dan's Horde maybe? Or just Shadow Council?
__________________
тче баттле бегонс...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2015, 09:42 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
I just think it will be more convenient to discuss lore-related news here.

I am a bit curious about the Shadow Council arakkoa. Is Iskar the only non-Sethe and non-Adherent arakkoa in the Shadow Council? Is he the only one who managed to 'cure' the curse of Sethe with the Fel energies? Looks like that the situation with him and the curse was foreshadowed by Micky Neilson quite some time ago. Fel-humans incoming?
It's also cool to see Order of the Awakened at least in some action outside of Ashran.

What is the name of the new fel orc breed? Some of their NPCs are called felblood, maybe that's the right name?
I'm not sure, but their weird look compared to the old fel orcs may be because of the warlocks who channel spell on the fel pools. Maybe they are enchanting the fel blood itself.

BTW, is there a name for the new Shadow Council-Iron Horde alliance? Gul'dan's Horde maybe? Or just Shadow Council?
IIRC, "felbloods" was the term used for fel-empowered blood elves on the Throne of Kil'Jaeden back in 2.4. And "felblood" seems to be the name of something Gul'dan was mass-producing in order to feed the Iron Horde and convert them.

So now we'll be generating felblood of our own in order to upgrade our equipment because... *shrug*
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2015, 09:46 AM
Quirnheim Quirnheim is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 4,850
BattleTag: kam#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
I just think it will be more convenient to discuss lore-related news here.

I am a bit curious about the Shadow Council arakkoa. Is Iskar the only non-Sethe and non-Adherent arakkoa in the Shadow Council? Is he the only one who managed to 'cure' the curse of Sethe with the Fel energies? Looks like that the situation with him and the curse was foreshadowed by Micky Neilson quite some time ago. Fel-humans incoming?
It's also cool to see Order of the Awakened at least in some action outside of Ashran.

What is the name of the new fel orc breed? Some of their NPCs are called felblood, maybe that's the right name?
I'm not sure, but their weird look compared to the old fel orcs may be because of the warlocks who channel spell on the fel pools. Maybe they are enchanting the fel blood itself.

BTW, is there a name for the new Shadow Council-Iron Horde alliance? Gul'dan's Horde maybe? Or just Shadow Council?

From what I've seen on the PTR they are still calling the Iron Horde the Iron Horde and the Shadow Council the Shadow Council.

It's more of a layered organization now - the Shadow Council forces act as overseers/superiors to the Iron Horde forces that haven't been "converted" yet.

as for the arakkoa, they mention in one of the quests that it was mostly the Sethekk who joined the Shadow Council but some high arakkoa did as well(they are elite mobs in the arakkoa camp)

edit: quote from the quest:

Quote:
The Shadow Council have recruited the Sethekk and other power hungry Arakkoa to their service
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Fuck your dumb gamergate shit I'd rather be pegged by Sylvanas than read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.

Last edited by Quirnheim; 04-21-2015 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Patch 6.2 "lore" thread
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2015, 11:05 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Patch 6.2 "lore" thread
Please take your shitposting somewhere else.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,519

Default

So the Zombified Mannoroth...... is it a zombie? Is it still Mannoroth? Is it just Mannoroth or are there other Demon-Zombies?

Do we know how Archimonde dies? Last time it took a bajillion wisps, which I think aren't on Draenor (albeit the all of the Night Elves lost stuff appears to be there).

I heard something about a scene with Gul'dan and Wrathion. Is this a thing?

I saw the Fel-Magnaron. Any other significant ogre/breaker presence?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2015, 02:58 PM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So the Zombified Mannoroth...... is it a zombie? Is it still Mannoroth? Is it just Mannoroth or are there other Demon-Zombies?

Do we know how Archimonde dies? Last time it took a bajillion wisps, which I think aren't on Draenor (albeit the all of the Night Elves lost stuff appears to be there).

I heard something about a scene with Gul'dan and Wrathion. Is this a thing?

I saw the Fel-Magnaron. Any other significant ogre/breaker presence?
It's Mannoroth's corpse, which becomes progressively more skeleton as you progress through the fight, apparently. But it's definitely reanimated Mannoroth. Reanimannoroth.

Say that ten times fast.

Jury's still out on Archimonde since I don't think his testing has been announced.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,094

Default

Reannoroth?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:06 PM
handclaw handclaw is offline


handclaw's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,338

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
It's Mannoroth's corpse, which becomes progressively more skeleton as you progress through the fight, apparently. But it's definitely reanimated Mannoroth. Reanimannoroth.

Say that ten times fast.

Jury's still out on Archimonde since I don't think his testing has been announced.
Uhm, isn't it the other way around? He starts as a skeleton, Gul'dan "empowers" him one time, turning him normal again, and "empowers" him a second time giving him another boost of power?
__________________


I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,852

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Uhm, isn't it the other way around? He starts as a skeleton, Gul'dan "empowers" him one time, turning him normal again, and "empowers" him a second time giving him another boost of power?
That's what I had heard too.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

Any tldr or links to lore stuff in 6.2? I don't want to wade thru mmo-champ for non story related stuff.
__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Any tldr or links to lore stuff in 6.2? I don't want to wade thru mmo-champ for non story related stuff.
So, first were like "Sup this is Varian/Trolljin, and we gonna sail dat land and loots", so we sail the land and it's like "ohh shit, this place be feljacked, yo" and so we fight that, and Oldghar is like "WE MUST COMPLETE THE LEWT" but TitsMcgee Insanosong is taken over by Evil Cripleorc, and then we fight a fat guy, a skeleton, and a tall goat man" .
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,223

Default

Seems silly to bring Mannoroth back to life

By the by, what's the name of that one giant pit lord skeleton in MU hellfire? Should've used him.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,519

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Seems silly to bring Mannoroth back to life

By the by, what's the name of that one giant pit lord skeleton in MU hellfire? Should've used him.
There's still time for that, particularly if Gul'Dan escapes into the MU. He could bring Illidan back. Wasn't he supposed to come back some time?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,223

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
There's still time for that, particularly if Gul'Dan escapes into the MU. He could bring Illidan back. Wasn't he supposed to come back some time?
I can see him trying to rez his MU self and accidentally rezzing Illidan
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,094

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
There's still time for that, particularly if Gul'Dan escapes into the MU. He could bring Illidan back. Wasn't he supposed to come back some time?
Guys. IF Illidan is ever going to come back... he has done so already.
By way of the The Well of Eternity dungeon. If they plan to use him anytime at all (can SOMEONE besides Cairne stay fucking dead in this goddamn game?) he probably hitched a ride already and is just hiding.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Siegrune Siegrune is offline

Arch-Druid
Siegrune's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,405

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Seems silly to bring Mannoroth back to life

By the by, what's the name of that one giant pit lord skeleton in MU hellfire? Should've used him.
Aggonar.

I agree bringing back Mannoroth is a bit silly, especially as an ndead. I don't think we've ever since undead demons before...

They could also have used Azgalor, who isn't dead in AU.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:06 PM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegrune View Post
Aggonar.

I agree bringing back Mannoroth is a bit silly, especially as an ndead. I don't think we've ever since undead demons before...

They could also have used Azgalor, who isn't dead in AU.
Mannoroth makes sense from a dramatic standpoint, though. WC3 and RotH both established the idea that he had something personally invested in corrupting the orcs, even if it was just his blood.

Bringing in a different pit lord deflates that sense of drama. Additionally, Grom's always been the one to kill Mannoroth before, so giving the players the ability to kill him is a nice touch.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,094

Default

True but they could still use more of them, there's no reason to restrict themselves to just one. Put one in as mini boss in the raid, or as head of a trashmob group or, i dunno, make one of them a kill quest target in Tanaan. Hell he's a demon, make it a daily and poke fun at Dread Lords
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
mjbmitch mjbmitch is offline

Arch-Druid
mjbmitch's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Crofton, MD
Posts: 1,318
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Default

Someone over at MMO-Champion detailed an apparent death vision the player receives during the Killrog Deadeye fight:

Quote:
I am surprised nobody seems to have noticed this earlier but when you are sent to the moment of your demise it teleports you to a phased area that is the Royal Quarter in Undercity (although a slightly sieged form with fel fire) where the burning legion are attacking. So this tells us that the burning legion will attack azeroth and we will have our final stand.
Does this have any merit? If so, then we're in for some interesting events in Lordaeron.
__________________
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Siegrune Siegrune is offline

Arch-Druid
Siegrune's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,405

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Mannoroth makes sense from a dramatic standpoint, though. WC3 and RotH both established the idea that he had something personally invested in corrupting the orcs, even if it was just his blood.

Bringing in a different pit lord deflates that sense of drama. Additionally, Grom's always been the one to kill Mannoroth before, so giving the players the ability to kill him is a nice touch.
The problem is that recycling dead things generally reduces the sense of drama. Mannoroth already fulfilled his dramatic role in the cinematic; I don't see how the undead Mannoroth will add anything meaningful to the story. And, maybe it's just me, but I don't like players killing very powerful beings (and Mannoroth, while starting out in a weakened state, apparently recovers his full power and even goes beyond during the course of the fight). Players got to fight him in the Well of Eternity, and I think that should be enough. Killing him cheapens Grom's sacrifice.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,519

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
Someone over at MMO-Champion detailed an apparent death vision the player receives during the Killrog Deadeye fight:



Does this have any merit? If so, then we're in for some interesting events in Lordaeron.
It would make sense. Especially since Dreadlords seem to have a thing for Lordaeron.

We should collect all of the Kilrogg-fight-death-visions here.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Siegrune Siegrune is offline

Arch-Druid
Siegrune's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,405

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
It would make sense. Especially since Dreadlords seem to have a thing for Lordaeron.
That stems from them being jailors of the Lich King/generals of the Scourge, and the Scourge having had a big presence in Lordaeron (plus the champion of the Lich King being the King of Lordaeron); so this wouldn't be applicable to AU. But the very fact that we have an Undercity might mean that it's in invasion into the MU.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I can see him trying to rez his MU self and accidentally rezzing Illidan
I can see him going to the Black Temple, getting his own skull, "merging" with his MU soul to gain all of its knowledge/memories (essentially becoming our Gul'dan, but better), and then ressurrecting Illidan, since Illidan knows how to build his own demonic army instead of bowing down to the Legion.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,421

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegrune View Post
The problem is that recycling dead things generally reduces the sense of drama. Mannoroth already fulfilled his dramatic role in the cinematic; I don't see how the undead Mannoroth will add anything meaningful to the story. And, maybe it's just me, but I don't like players killing very powerful beings (and Mannoroth, while starting out in a weakened state, apparently recovers his full power and even goes beyond during the course of the fight). Players got to fight him in the Well of Eternity, and I think that should be enough. Killing him cheapens Grom's sacrifice.
1) I forgot that we fought him in Well of Eternity, so that's a solid point. I'd counter that we don't get to kill him in that situation, because he gets sucked back through the portal. It's not nearly as satisfying as killing him.

2) MU Grom sacrificed himself to kill MU Mannoroth, and nothing really changes that act. I don't think we've been given confirmation that AU Grom goes down the same way.

3) Further, the satisfaction of killing a villainous character who has been a notable and important element of the story but who has always gotten killed in a cinematic by NPCs feels like it would be pretty worthwhile.

Compare this to how everyone was aggravated to learn that Varian got the kill on Onyxia in the comic, when Alliance players really had the superior version of the Onyxia storyline and really had to earn the right to kill her (PS: Horde players worked hard too, I'm saying the STORY was more resonant for the Alliance). It depletes our satisfaction as players when we have ownership of an event taken away from us.

Having the ability to kill Mannoroth should be considered a boon to the players, because we're finally getting a chance to kill him, and it's not taking anything away from the story to give us the opportunity to do so.
__________________
Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lore, warlocks of draenor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.