Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who is the master race?
Boring Humans 13 13.54%
Monstrous Orcs 9 9.38%
Awesome Dwarves 14 14.58%
Aloof Elves 5 5.21%
Cunning Trolls 11 11.46%
Dapper Worgen 3 3.13%
Annoying Gnomes 2 2.08%
Stampeding Tauren 4 4.17%
Dead Undead 8 8.33%
Cuddly Pandaren 3 3.13%
Retconning Ereder--I Mean Draenei 10 10.42%
Asshole Elves 14 14.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Default Spam 'Em All!

Attached Images

Last edited by Yuber8900; 09-15-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default The Spam Thread Reborn

So in a freak Internet glitch that occurred while I was trying to delete those extra Koltira, Trag, Thassarian threads the Spam Thread somehow got attached to them alongside two random bot threads...so about 3 years of history just got lost and FUCK am I sorry about that, like holy hell I'm going to go flagellate myself and cry in a corner and and (well you get the picture of the epicness of my own facepalm and scrambled efforts to try to fix it when I realized my error). But, good news everybody, the new Spam Thread will be stickied so people aren't searching for it ever again.

For those who want actual blood and vengeance for my mistake, my sister's repeatedly punching me in the arm right now, and if we ever meet up I invite you all to do the same.

So to all of you out there, merry Christmachaunikwanzika and here's the Spam Thread reborn.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Warden

APRIL FOOLS!

Wait...it isn't April?

What? December?

Oh shi--

Edit: I blame Rolandius
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
So in a freak Internet glitch that occurred while I was trying to delete those extra Koltira, Trag, Thassarian threads the Spam Thread somehow got attached to them alongside two random bot threads...so about 3 years of history just got lost and FUCK am I sorry about that, like holy hell I'm going to go flagellate myself and cry in a corner and and (well you get the picture of the epicness of my own facepalm and scrambled efforts to try to fix it when I realized my error). But, good news everybody, the new Spam Thread will be stickied so people aren't searching for it ever again.

For those who want actual blood and vengeance for my mistake, my sister's repeatedly punching me in the arm right now, and if we ever meet up I invite you all to do the same.

So to all of you out there, merry Christmachaunikwanzika and here's the Spam Thread reborn.
I hate you.

Seriously .

You know half of the forum was part of that thread, nope?

The pain I feel can't be described .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 12-23-2009, 08:37 AM

Eternal

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUCK

Dammit. Dammit.

That was our longest thread. Kinda like a record of our history and development.

Can't you really bring it back? What about Warlock?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:37 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I hate you.

Seriously .

You know half of the forum was part of that thread, nope?

The pain I feel can't be described .
You think I haven't tried to ressurect it...I'm still searching for a way, but I'd rather own up to my own damn mistake and put up an alternative than force you guys to wander aimlessly around asking "WTF, where's my Spam thread?"

Old 12-23-2009, 08:44 AM

Elune

There must be a way. Oh yes, there must be a way.

You can't tell me there's no way. The forum has gone shit many times, and Warlock has recovered all of them. The Spam Thread has survived this long.

It must still be there, in the recycle bin or something.

I lost like 300 posts (I had 6275 posts 3 days ago), but there's people out there that had like, what, 1000 posts in there?

This is the worst day of SoL.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 12-23-2009, 08:44 AM

Eternal

It doesn't even show up on Google anymore. IT DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP ON GOOGLE.

Such flame wars, battles agaisnt WoWWiki, examples of camaraderie...

My fight with Creative.

CREATIVE'S LEGACY, LOST FOREVER.

WHERE'S MAH BOY?!

*weeps uncontrollably on the floor*
Old 12-23-2009, 08:48 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

I checked the archives, but they haven't been updated in 2 years so no dice there. The problem is there's a two stage process to deleting a thread/post, the first being a soft delete, and then physical removal...and unfortunately whatever glitch occurred skipped the first step I usually take and jumped straight to physical removal...or at least there's no "undelete" function I can hit. Warlock might have a recent back up of the forum, but other than that I'm out of options here.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 AM

Elune

I don't care if we lose the last week of spam. What's a week compared with years.

They can rip our arms off, our legs, our liver. The Spam Thread was our hearts, how will SoL beat with life again?

Who cares when a planet disappears, engulfed by whatever cosmic hunger. The Spam Thread was like the sun of our universe. Now, how will we be enlightened?

This is a sad day. Christmas and god don't exist.

Whatever, this could have happened to anyone, Cantus. I myself I'm not angry at you or nothing, just wanted to let you know you have my support. I wouldn't know what to do if I was the one responsible for this. It's nice to see your priority was to try fix and that you showed yourself responsible.

Now we can just pray for a miracle *glares at Warlock xDDD*.

I feel like the ancient wisemen when the Library of Alexandria was burnt to ashes.

I can't but try thinking we're more than simple playerbase, and that we'll reborn from our own ashes. Somehow.

Last edited by Lon-ami; 12-23-2009 at 09:03 AM..
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
my sister's repeatedly punching me in the arm right now, and if we ever meet up I invite you all to do the same.
Is she hot?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Is she hot?
Yes. YES! This is what we need to build this again. Very good work. We must spam once again. We must look to the future. We must fill this with random crap once again.

T_T-

I blame Bornakk! No, it wasn't like this, it was like "Right, Bornakk?", yes, that's it, great!

I think I'm falling into madness.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:15 AM

Eternal

Wulfang just told me news.

Freak accident man. Not cool. My activity has been slowly dying over time and this is like another nail in the coffin.

When most people hear of the news and get up to date, you should unsticky the new spam thread since it's never been in the first place. You know, just because the old one never was.

Edit: *Ouch to my postcount taking it up the ass*

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 12-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA
Yes. YES! This is what we need to build this again. Very good work. We must spam once again. We must look to the future. We must fill this with random crap once again.
All these complaints about post counts are distracting us from the vital infos. I thought this was the internet, there was a girl mentioned and no one inquired if she was hot? You're all slipping.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
All these complaints about post counts are distracting us from the vital infos. I thought this was the internet, there was a girl mentioned and no one inquired if she was hot? You're all slipping.
The Spam Thread has die!

You don't notice how much so miss something until it disappears. Like photos of your childhood. Who cares about them; until your house blows up, and you suddenly realize you didn't have the chance to look back at them and have the opportunity to remember your history before removing it from existence.

Anyway, I support the "Cantus' sister operation" movement (only if she's old enough for the words to have sense).

Whatever, end of dramatization. Rest in Peace, Spam Thread. I won't forget ya, nor all the goodness you brought to this place. Farewell.

PS: LA? Cool, a new name for my names list xDDD.

PS2: The thread has the longest post ever (Wulfang noooo...oooo) so I'll add my own present to it. It's Christmas, after all! (We give presents and whatnot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F
Quote:
Originally Posted by U
Quote:
Originally Posted by C
Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by U
Quote:
Originally Posted by O
Quote:
Originally Posted by T
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by G
Quote:
Originally Posted by I
Quote:
Originally Posted by G
Quote:
Originally Posted by A
Quote:
Originally Posted by S
Quote:
Originally Posted by I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by E
Quote:
Originally Posted by I
[QUOTE']
Quote:
Originally Posted by m
Quote:
Originally Posted by b
Quote:
Originally Posted by o
Quote:
Originally Posted by r
Quote:
Originally Posted by e
Quote:
Originally Posted by d
Quote:
Originally Posted by a
Quote:
Originally Posted by n
Quote:
Originally Posted by y
Quote:
Originally Posted by p
Quote:
Originally Posted by r
Quote:
Originally Posted by o
Quote:
Originally Posted by b
Quote:
Originally Posted by l
Quote:
Originally Posted by e
Quote:
Originally Posted by m
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?
This is the Spam thread, isn't it?

Show respect then!
[/QUOTE]

Damn, it seems I made it too big it doesn't show off completely. Bleh!

Last edited by Lon-ami; 12-23-2009 at 09:47 AM..
Old 12-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Ummm, is my sister hot...well she's over 18 and she's not fugly, so by the intertubes definition of hotness then yes.

Also, the Spam Thread is SoL's official spam thread, so it may as well be stickied so it's always on the boards.

Also, PM'd Warlock about whether he has a backup of the forum somewhere, waiting in earnest for his reply. *crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs, and various other body parts in unimaginably twisted ways*

Old 12-23-2009, 10:28 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Cantus...

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 AM

Chimaera

Lawl

Quote:
Ummm, is my sister hot...well she's over 18 and she's not fugly, so by the intertubes definition of hotness then yes.
Cantus said his sister's hot ^
Old 12-23-2009, 10:54 AM

Elune

Its allowable by internet law.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Old 12-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Elune

I love Yuber's descriptiveness .

Quote:

Also, the Spam Thread is SoL's official spam thread, so it may as well be stickied so it's always on the boards.

Also, PM'd Warlock about whether he has a backup of the forum somewhere, waiting in earnest for his reply. *crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs, and various other body parts in unimaginably twisted ways*
I'm sure he has, the problem is if he's able to upload it without deleting the activity of these past days... I'd rather not lose these last days, but if there's no other solution... The best would be to be able to upload that single piece, perhaps by playing a bit with the code, copying and pasting... dunno.

The only problem would be the date; but I think everyone agrees that losing, let's say, a month of data, is always better than losing it all.

That, of course, if Warlock's forum system let's him have that backup.

I, personally, will miss the thread as the beacon of SoL manpower it was, but I don't remember having anything pretty important inside it. Never started deep discussions there; but there's people who had archives of long flame wars that became history there. I just pity it the same way I'd pity it if my hardwork got suddenly removed.

But if nothing can be done; well, nothing can be done.

Also, er, could you, uhm, update a picture of your sister hitting you in the arm. I just want it to prove she punished you, I don't want it to watch her beauty or something like that, I promise!

Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM

Eternal

Default RIP spam thread

DAMN I have lost most of my posts!! FRAK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I think SoL will go on without it's history. And did anyone get a glimpse of my SoL cast list before the Spam thread died?

And like I said this forum will survive this catastrophe. And as Gihren Zabi, surpreme Leader of Zeon has said....

SIEG ZEON MEMBERS OF SOL!

DEATH TO THE EARTH FEDERATION!!!!

DEATH TO THE IMPERIUM OF MAN!!!!

LONG LIVE SOL, LONG LIVE THE DARK GODS OF CHAOS!!!

SIEG ZEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Elune

Wulfang "saved the day". No, he hasn't brought the spam thread back, but at least, we'll be able to read its content now:

http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&q=...s&ved=0CAoQ2AQ

The cache of Google!! If you play with it a bit, you're able to view some pages of the old spam thread. It even has the #325, the last one, with the last post of Yuber saying why Nameless wasn't banned.

It ain't a regeneration of the thread, but it's useful if you want to get information back. If someone wants, he could save to his computer all those 325 pages (in case google deletes them, we'd have his backup!).

Whatever, there you have. Thanks Wulfang.

Some examples:

Last page and last post: http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=es

Post and view count: http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=es

Last edited by Lon-ami; 12-23-2009 at 12:35 PM..
Old 12-23-2009, 12:39 PM

Eternal

Also the conculsion to the Zeonic wars story arc set in 40K that I made is nearing. And it's bound to end with a bang!!

So Chaos uses Gihren as a weapon against the Imperium and he has a plan to hijack space hulks and use them on Imperium worlds, however he is unware the Chaos Lord Xie is using him as his pawn. If Gihren suceeds then this could have disaterous results for the Imperium and actully won't beneifit Zeon but only the powers of Chaos. The final battle with Zeon is upon the Imperium. But who will win? Loyalists or heretics???
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 12-23-2009, 02:40 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Well fuck.

WE GET TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

FOR THE HORDE!

Also, Cantus...on a scale of one to ten, what would guys normally rate your sister as?

Tags
west coast