Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthad View Post
She won, you need to wake up and smell the music, or ehh i don't know how that saying goes.

But the orcs lost simple enough and this has been explained.
In the Alliance questline. The Horde story has them throwing back the attackers handily.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrethar View Post
How are those area's useless to alliance?
read the post, no resources. Dustwallow is a swamp, durotar is a barren desert and the Barrens is...still mostly a barren savannah. They're hardly top real-estate. Great, you've got a camp there, it will still be impossible for the Alliance to beat the Horde in those areas because they continually have to ship reinforcements and resources there, even just to maintain it.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
read the post, no resources. Dustwallow is a swamp, durotar is a barren desert and the Barrens is...still mostly a barren savannah. They're hardly top real-estate. Great, you've got a camp there, it will still be impossible for the Alliance to beat the Horde in those areas because they continually have to ship reinforcements and resources there, even just to maintain it.
How do they have no resources? Are you just trying to discredit alliance victories?
Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Are you just trying to jump to conclusions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-04-2011, 07:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
In the Alliance questline. The Horde story has them throwing back the attackers handily.
Except both versions are canon, the Alliances goal was not to raise Stonard or to occupy it only remove it's ability to fight which they did. Maybe you should read the Alliance version, then it would make sense.

Quote:
As far as Stonard goes, yeah the Alliance won, but they really seem to win a rather useless area with a rather weak opponent(mostly scouts and guards). That seems to go for most fights engaged by the Alliance really. They seem to attack at crappy locations that really have no gain for them in terms of resources(S. Barrens, Stonard, Durotar,..). It really seems to be quite a logistical nightmare to set up a base there and continually having to send resources over. Atleast the Horde attacks zones like Gilneas,Ashenvale, Hillsbrad etc. where resources are plenty and where the encampments can be made with the wood in the area.
Southern Barrens is not a useless area, the Barrens are right in the middle of the humans and night elves so it would be a valuable trade rout. Then we also know that there are mines or at least one mine we don't know what is taken out in game scale in the area.

The the Swamp of Sorrows was assaulted to protect their resource rich zones, I also would imagine that the humans could begin using the port to resupply ships. I would also imagine there to be a lot of game in the area swell as wood.

Last edited by Erthad; 07-04-2011 at 07:12 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
They probably interpreted the Alliance pulling back as themselves driving the Alliance forces out.

He does say that if they're going to have any chance they need to talk to the scouts, hence the traveling to other NPCs for reports.

I just wish we'd actually lost the thing, and swapped Stonard for a bunker or Zep tower on the coast.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

As far as resources are concerned, I've always wondered why the Horde never deforested the Dry Hills in the northwestern Barrens near the Rampart. Would have been a good excuse to drive off those pesky harpies once and for all.

And as big as the Nesingwary family and friends have become in Azeroth and beyond, it seems like safaris/hunting expeditions and other sorts of exotic tourism would be happening all over the Barrens. That could turn into big business for the landowners of the Barrens.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 07-05-2011 at 03:01 AM..
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
As far as resources are concerned, I've always wondered why the Horde never deforested the Dry Hills in the northwestern Barrens near the Rampart. Would have been a good excuse to drive off those pesky harpies once and for all.

And as big as the Nesingwary family and friends have become in Azeroth and beyond, it seems like safaris/hunting expeditions and other sorts of exotic tourism would be happening all over the Barrens. That could turn into big business for the landowners of the Barrens.
Presumably the dry hills are filled with dry trees that make very poor construction material.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Presumably the dry hills are filled with dry trees that make very poor construction material.
Brittle flammable building materials, how perfect for fortification and building construction during a war. Why don't they just douse it in gasoline and give the enemy a lit match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post

Why cut down 50 small shitty quality trees for lumber when you can cut down a single giant strong magical tree a short walk away and yield the same amount.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 07-05-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
This is my suspicion as well. There's just not too many reliable places for lumber in central Kalimdor, which is mostly deserts, wastelands, and savannah.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Brittle flammable building materials, how perfect for fortification and building construction during a war. Why don't they just douse it in gasoline and give the enemy a lit match.
Sorta like the Tauren?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies´┐Ż strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night´┐Ż live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Sorta like the Tauren?
And look what happened to camp Taurajo.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

I wonder where the tauren got all of the wood for that gate of theirs.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
A druid did it.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
noticed all the trees in mulgore? no? my point exactly :p
Old 07-09-2011, 08:41 AM

Site Staff - Admin

A little off-topic, but if you like Worgen or good music you might like this song here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_6aC6m9Xg
Old 07-09-2011, 08:46 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
A little off-topic, but if you like Worgen or good music you might like this song here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_6aC6m9Xg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC_xTlMWui4

Old 07-09-2011, 08:48 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrethar View Post
Yeah, I've heard of that. Thought it was well-made but a bit cheesy, so I posted the original.