Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Hell, their starting zone would be...

Tel Abim, banana country!

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-02-2008, 10:11 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

The death knight was added, in part, to fix a tank shortage. I think the next class implemented would therefore be a healer or hybrid, and I don't think the demon hunter can be anything but DPS.

Maybe a brewmaster with restorative drinks, or a witch doctor, for a south seas expansion?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:27 AM

Eternal

Quote:
All i see here is people posting their favorite warcraft 3 heroes withouth even giving it a fucking thought, i'm glad noone here is a game designer!
Crypt lord hero class FTW!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Elune

Omacron is right, if they introduce a new hero class it has to be some-sort of an healer-hybrid to make healing more appealing.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Omacron is right, if they introduce a new hero class it has to be some-sort of an healer-hybrid to make healing more appealing.
Taking that theory that the next expansion would be esmerald dream related, it really makes sense.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

What about a healer class that works like a warlock?

Healing-minions. Stackable Healing over time effects that build up with the passage of time. Stackable buffs.

Most of them applicable through your minions only. Sacrifice them. Mass them. Exploit them. Kill them. All for the greater good.

Imagine summoning up about 5 'imps' (obviously not taking as long or in as costly a fashion as for a warlock). They apply their healing spell to your target player, the tank, for example. Then the player casts his 'sacrifice' spell, killing them and regaining mana or receiving some sort of buff, or giving that buff to the tank. Rinse and repeat and that buff builds up and gets stronger, or whatever.

Then to fight other players they could sacrifice their minions for damage as well. They could even have a Goblin Sapper esque suicidal minion wave thing which they could stay summoning up and sending.

Basically a 'Beastmaster' caster who heals.

Just apply a theme.
If you want it to be magical and arcane based, make it an 'Arcanist' or 'Nethermancer', 'Hareveim' or something.
A nature themed version of that could be a 'Summoner'.

To make it even more original it could be a melee class. That last point is just throwing a leg out.

The minions could depend upon which theme we go with.
For an arcane theme it could be magical 'elementals' and golems. Familiars. The kind of things you find it Kharazan and Manaforges.

For a nature based it could be forest based spirits, wisps and co. The kind of things druids would summon if they were a pet class, or more akin to shamans and their totems and spirits.

EDIT: Since it's not like this will ever be used in any way or form I'll try implement it in a Warcraft 3 map or something.
A 'necromancer' with minions that heal and a Dark Pact or something.

Last edited by Timolas; 11-02-2008 at 12:21 PM..
Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Taking that theory that the next expansion would be esmerald dream related, it really makes sense.
That sentence doesn't make sense since WoTLK could have introduced a Necromancer hero class for all we cared, but the game lacks tanks so thats why we get Death Knights.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
That sentence doesn't make sense since WoTLK could have introduced a Necromancer hero class for all we cared, but the game lacks tanks so thats why we get Death Knights.
Yeah but as you said if they introduce a new class it has to be a healing-Hybrid.

If you don't remember I think Omacron pointed out the patron that we get a new novel before every expansion, Rise of the Horde/ Burning Crusade, Arthas/ Wrath of the Lich King, and now we have the Stormrage novel, and we need a healing hybrid? now do you understand my point?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:30 PM

Eternal

Brewmaster would be pretty cool like the pandarens. A person that can become a tank (i.e. Stone), caster (i.e. wind), and rogue (i.e. fire) like in warcraft 3. It'd be an alt to druids.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:15 PM

Eternal

Brewmaster seems like a joke class to be me -.-
Seriously, the game is rated PG.13 and people want a class that needs to be drunk in order to fight?
I already hate the drunk mechanics in WoW.

I always thought that Shadow Hunters would fit excellent for the Sea expansion as some kind of healer class.

Plus we desperatly need a throwing class, which fits Shadow Hunters

But one hero class/expansion seems to much work for Blizzard. Seriously, think of the class balance with one new class each expansion.

Plus would the next hero class start at level 65 instead?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Elune

That would be stupid, the point of hero class is to knowledge a class of 55, what fucking difference would the 10 more levels provide? -.-
Old 11-03-2008, 01:20 AM

Priestess of the Moon

So they don't have to go through all of the Outland stuff?

Anyway, the only viable classes I saw pre-WotLK were:

Tinker (already taken by engineers)
Runemaster (doesn't the DK use runes?)
Necromancer/Acolyte (unfortunately, the retarded death knights replaced this potentially awesome class)
Old 11-03-2008, 01:47 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saim View Post
Runemaster (doesn't the DK use runes?)
That was always a difficulty with the Runemaster idea. While it may not be the case in some fantasy universes, Azeroth's got runes being used all over the place by often unrelated or at the very least incompatible forms of magic. The Titans use them. Mages use them. The Scourge uses them. Even the Burning Legion uses them. The RPG book portrays rune magic as some form of predictable, grounded magic that sets it apart from the easily corrupted energies like the arcane, but if the Legion use runes (as they did with Frostmourne), that sorta disproves the idea of rune magic being somehow less corruptible and more "pure" than arcane magic.

Generally, it seems like runes are portrayed in WC as symbols that are each the equivalent of an entire spell, regardless of the type of magic actually involved. Hence mages using them to erect spells that don't need a caster present to keep them in place. Like the written, semi-permanent equivalent of a "Word of Power". So instead of writing out full-length scripts of entire volumes of spells, cantrips and formulae on something like Frostmourne, it instead possesses demonic runes that are each infused with the power of the spells themselves, and work in tandem with each other to form the entire body of the magic infused into the blade. Runes appear so much in so many different situations on Azeroth that it seems more like they're a common spellcasting tool utilized by numerous schools of magic rather than being a school of magic (and thus a class of magic) unto themselves.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Priestess of the Moon

That's what I'm saying, the RPG's Runemaster class has become pretty obsolete.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

We shall just look at every hero classes from WC3:
-Paladin - a base class already
-Mountain King - exclusive to dwarves, so unapplicable to WoW's hero class
-Archmage - spells used by Mage
-Blood Mage - spells used by Mages and Warlocks
-Death Knight - DONE
-Lich - spells used by DK, unlikely to see another Undead themed expansion
-Dreadlord - no comment...
-Crypt Lord - exclusive to Nerubians, thus - see Mountain King
-Priestess of the Moon - spells used by Priest
-Keeper of the Grove - spells used by Druid
-Demon Hunter - spells used by Warlock and Rogue (evasions etc.)
-Warden - spells used by Mage and Rogue (?)
-Blademaster - spells used by Warrior
-Far Seer - spells used by Shaman
-Tauren Chieftain - race specific, see Mountain King and Crypt Lord
-Shadow Hunter - race specific
-Tinker - used by engineering profession
-Alchemist - used by alchemy profession
-Firelord - no comment, see Dreadlord
-Dark Ranger - unlikely to get another Undead themed expansion
-Brewmaster - his spells are not used by anobody, and Pandaren can teach their profession to another races, a possibility?
-Beastmaster - Hunter's talent tree, beast mastery
-Pit Lord - no comment, see Dreadlord

If I haven't forgot anything, Brewmaster is only possibility, but this could again change the game rating as he needs to keep drunk to work, so... it is a real world issue. Unless we get something completely new, we've run out of hero classes.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM

Elune

I could see Runemaster as an damageing healer class, think of an enchancement shaman who would heal thru damage. See its just like Death Knight class that doesn't use shields to tank, this attracts teenagers and whatnot who wanna be uber awesome, an so would a non-healbotting kung-fu mastah do aswell.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
We shall just look at every hero classes from WC3:
-Paladin - a base class already
-Mountain King - exclusive to dwarves, so unapplicable to WoW's hero class
-Archmage - spells used by Mage
-Blood Mage - spells used by Mages and Warlocks
-Death Knight - DONE
-Lich - spells used by DK, unlikely to see another Undead themed expansion
-Dreadlord - no comment...
-Crypt Lord - exclusive to Nerubians, thus - see Mountain King
-Priestess of the Moon - spells used by Priest
-Keeper of the Grove - spells used by Druid
-Demon Hunter - spells used by Warlock and Rogue (evasions etc.)
-Warden - spells used by Mage and Rogue (?)
-Blademaster - spells used by Warrior
-Far Seer - spells used by Shaman
-Tauren Chieftain - race specific, see Mountain King and Crypt Lord
-Shadow Hunter - race specific
-Tinker - used by engineering profession
-Alchemist - used by alchemy profession
-Firelord - no comment, see Dreadlord
-Dark Ranger - unlikely to get another Undead themed expansion
-Brewmaster - his spells are not used by anobody, and Pandaren can teach their profession to another races, a possibility?
-Beastmaster - Hunter's talent tree, beast mastery
-Pit Lord - no comment, see Dreadlord

If I haven't forgot anything, Brewmaster is only possibility, but this could again change the game rating as he needs to keep drunk to work, so... it is a real world issue. Unless we get something completely new, we've run out of hero classes.
I wouldn't say shadow hunters are necessarily race specific, I say. Witch doctors, too, could apply to other races if you count forsaken apothecaries and gnomish chemists as witch doctors, and I say both are applicable classes.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

If I ever have time, I'll try and restart/finish my Brewmaster idea, but other than that I have to say it's Shadow Hunter, Rune Master, and Tinker for the other possibilities.

For the Brewmaster, I saw the three trees being Brewing, Brawling, and Spirituality/Meditation. Brewing would be a buff/debuff based tree, Brawling would be very much akin to a Rogue/Warrior hybrid, while Meditation would be a kind of utility tree. Really the biggest problem I had was the last tree never really fit and I couldn't think of anything else, but otherwise I had some great skills in Brewing.

Chug - Down a selected brew from your personal stash. (More powerful effects for you than for Allies)

On the House - Throw a selected brew at a target to buff/debuff them. (Allies can only be under the effect of one brew at a time in any five minute period.)

Frosty Brew - Buffs you/target ally, reducing damage taken and chance to be stunned (or) debuffs a target enemy slowing its movement and attack speed.

Fiery Brew - Buffs you/target ally, increasing attack speed and damage (or) debuffs a target enemy interupting any spell currently being cast and reducing casting speed thereafter for X seconds.

Bitter Brew - Buffs you/target ally, reducing the chance to be put to sleep, feared, and stunned (or) reduces target enemy's accuracy by X and has a chance to stun them for Y seconds.

Bad Brew - Buffs you/target ally, causing you to become immune to all poisons and diseases for X seconds but reducing your attack and movement speed by Y (or) Deals X poison damage to a target over Y seconds (with talents also has a chance to add a disease effect.)

Aged Brew - Buffs you/target ally, temporarily increasing stamina and strength (or) debuffs a target enemy with drowsiness. Anyone under the effect of drowsiness cannot block, parry, or dodge an attack and if under certain bleed/Breath effects will fall into a troubled sleep for Y seconds.

Douse - covers a target area with alcohol increasing the chance to miss melee/ranged attacks from all enemy's.

Fire Breath - blows a stream of fire in a cone in front of the target, any targets under douse will gain a fire based DoT effect.

Reeking Breath - blows a stream of nauseating breath in a cone in front of the target, all enemys within are stunned for X seconds. Those under the effect of Douse are immune to the stun, but are silenced for the duration.

Keg Smash - break your keg over a target, dousing them with alcohol, stunning them, and also causing a bleed debuff effect. Any brews applied to the target within X seconds will be triply as effective. (Melee range only)

Bartender's Revenge - (Channeled) Throws bottles at the target, causing X damage and a bleed effect for Y seconds. The greater the number of bottles thrown (up to five if uninterrupted) the greater the bleed effect.

Down the Hatch - Allows you to drink multiple brews at a time, but decreases your chance to hit and causes the "Hangover" effect after X seconds.

The Morning After - Applies the Hangover effect to a target. (Talent)If the target is struck by any attack during this time has a chance to remove the Hangover effect and enrage for the rest of the Hangover duration.

Hangover - Slowed movement and attack speed, but you cannot be slept, charmed, or mind controlled for the duration. (Talent)If you are struck while hung over you have a chance to enrage for the rest of the Hangover duration.

Beer Goggles - (Channeled) charm a target enemy for X seconds while both you and they are under the effect of a brew.

To The Limit - Drink to the point of pure intoxication. All damage taken is reduced by X, increased chance to dodge/parry attacks, and has a chance to cause enrage. Can be combined with the Brawl ability to become a drunken juggernaut for Y seconds.

Any thoughts/flames?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Any thoughts/flames?
I actually like that idea, but isn't a class devoted to the use of alcohol for fighting going to raise the rating of the game?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 AM

I was under the impression that, A, "alcohol use" only garners you a teen rating (at least in the US) and all online games have the clause "gameplay is subject to change online" or something to that effect.

Personally, I'd love to see the tinker introduced as another gun wielding class with plenty of utility. If Blizz could pull it off, actually, I'd like to see TWO hero classes in the south seas expansion, the tinker and the witchdoctor.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM

Huntress

I personally like the idea of a Blademaster class. Perhaps like a mail wearing melee dps class with spell like abilities. Anyone know of any lore based around Blademasters? Just a little curious
Old 11-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven_Moorblood View Post
I personally like the idea of a Blademaster class. Perhaps like a mail wearing melee dps class with spell like abilities. Anyone know of any lore based around Blademasters? Just a little curious
Psychopathic, bloodthirsty former members of the Burning Blade, mostly.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Loremaster

Some of the Burning Blade and its Blademasters are part of the current Horde, but many of the clan's remnants seem to be wrapped up in the Shadow Council's activities and waging their own war against the Ironforge dwarves in the Wetlands and mountain passes of Khaz Modan. The Searing Blade in Ragefire Chasm might also be a fragment of their clan, or just another Shadow Council cult with a similar name.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven_Moorblood View Post
Blademaster would just be a fury warrior...
Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 AM

Huntress

Last time I checked, fury warriors couldnt cast spells. But I digress.