Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-20-2009, 03:34 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
And also the Aquir weren't neccesarly old god aligned C'thun crafted the Quiraj from the Aquir that after the war moved down to sillithus.
It isn't clear at this point whether the Qiraji diverging from the Azj Aqir was a result of C'thun's tampering, or if it was simply the eventual result of the split caused by their empire collapsing under the pressure of the Amani and Gurubashi trolls.

The C'thun-driven, deliberate physical alterations to their bodies might have begun and ended with the Aqir, and the Nerubians and Qiraji could have each been already physically distinct as larger "castes" within the Aqir race before they parted ways and became geographically isolated from each other.

There's also the differing Qiraji view as presented by the visions of the Prophet Skeram in the Prophecy of C'thun, which seems to claim that the Qiraji, as we know them now, were created directly from the original Silithid in C'thun's image, completely bypassing and ignoring the existence of the Nerubians, Azj Aqir or any other sentient insectoid races during their evolution.

C'thun's death, to me anyway, kinda seems like it might have been the source of the Titans realizing the effects of slaying an Old God. We know they discovered that killing Old Gods is a bad idea, but we also know they killed one (or thought they had) at least once. Something had to have made them stop killing Old Gods, yet made C'thun an exception. Perhaps his "death" resulted in Silithus becoming the miserable wasteland it is and shocked the Titans into deciding not to kill the others for fear of the same thing happening to all of Azeroth.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Chimaera

We know that members of the Horde, Alliance, Sons of Frost have responded to the growing threat of the Iron Army in Storm Peaks.

Yet have the Wyrmrest Accord have played any part of this conflict? Seeing that dragons are part of the guardians left on Azeroth and that their fellow titan guardians been corrupted of a old god they were part to watch over and a war that will spread across Azeroth not just Northrend.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Maybe Yogg has driven Malygos "insane" to distract the blue AND red dragons. And if this is true, everythings is just as planned^^
Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
Yeah, I agree with Zula. I think that the Quiraji tablets that contain C'Thun's tale mention that he was slain in that land, meaning Silithus.
While the Prophecy of C'Thun does state that "a battle between a Titan and a being of unimaginable evil and power raged on this very soil" and "this very soil" does imply Silithus, the prophecy is vague in many respects and taken in an incredibly broad sense it could refer to the land in general and be inclusive of Darkshore. A bit of a stretch, I admit, but prophetic language can be rather nebulous and open to interpretation. Another point that could be made is that this is Geologist Larksbane's translation, and the meanings might be off somewhat. After all, would the Prophet Skeram call his god a "being of unimaginable evil"?

Last edited by Rowan Seven; 02-20-2009 at 05:26 PM..
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Sentinel Queen

The master glaive is maybe the remains of an Old Gods.

For the moment only the twilight cultist believe it could be the remains of an Old God but nothing has been confirmed, yet.

" It is the site of an enormous skeleton forgotten one.DF 145
It is believed that a Titan killed one of the Old Gods or one of their minions here.LoM 12 "

Even wowwiki contradict itself numerous time in a single paragraph about the nature of this " thing" But seeing things as " the behemoth" or " dragon isle" It's safe to assume that the old gods had gigantic and powerful minions and this one could be one of them ^^

http://www.wowwiki.com/Master%27s_Glaive

Food for though : "Dragon isle" >
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...agon_Isles.jpg

There was more than one of those things.

Last edited by engal; 02-20-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 02-21-2009, 03:31 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
Personally, I've tended to assume that the Master's Glaive is the original remains of C'Thun. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current lore asserts that the Old Gods were imprisoned rather than destroyed by the Titans because they had bonded so intricately with the world that eradicating them would have had devastating consequences for Azeroth.
I was wondering about this as well. After C'thun died, the world didn't explode. So, perhaps "The Three" were the Old God's bound to the world, and C'thun/the Masters Glaive arrived later. This is why they can be killed without consequences.

On a related note, I'm pretty certain Old God's can't be permanently killed. I think their spirits endure, and perhaps their bodies regenerate? (Why else would the Titans leave a perfectly good sword in the Master's Glaive, if not to stop it from regenerating?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
The master glaive is maybe the remains of an Old Gods.

For the moment only the twilight cultist believe it could be the remains of an Old God but nothing has been confirmed, yet.

" It is the site of an enormous skeleton forgotten one.DF 145
It is believed that a Titan killed one of the Old Gods or one of their minions here.LoM 12 "
I had always wondered if it was actually an Old God...it doesn't look at all like C'thun or Yogg (mind you, I am only assuming all the Old God's look the same, which is quite foolish if Ula'Tek is an old god).

Last edited by Atomic_Piggy; 02-21-2009 at 03:34 AM..
Old 02-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy of C'Thun
"In the time before time, when the world was still in its infancy, a battle between a Titan and a being of unimaginable evil and power raged on this very soil. The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished in this battle but it illustrates that a Titan fell. An Old God had also fallen - or so it was thought."
Also, read deeper into what we know about the Aqir.

They were obsessed with eradicating all the non-insects from the world.

Same as Deathwing and his eradication of non-dragons.

Anyway, about the Infinite dragonflight:

I think that they're not Old Gods' creation. We know that the old Gods were behind the rift that made Rhonin, Krasus and Brox travel back in time. What I believe is that they released a Nozdormu from a chaotic future, and that he now works with them.

So, Infinite dragons aren't Old God creations; they have just brought them here, and we don't know if they work together. Remember Neltharion? They "released" his hatred and fury, for their own purposes, but never controlled him at all.

Master's Glaive...

I think there's an Old God there, but what we see ain't it. It's something like a seal, something were someone sticked the sword. The Old God must be buried under that place; I'm sure they didn't left it to the open air.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 02-21-2009 at 06:37 AM..
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
Mind you, I'm not a Twilight cultist...
Old 02-21-2009, 05:46 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
Mind you, I'm not a Twilight cultist...
Probably meant in-game.

The cultists seem to think it is. Though to be fair, one of the defining attributes of a crazy cult is often that they're really sure about whatever they believe. Extremely sure, often before any concrete evidence has been provided to them, in large part because they really want it to be true.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:25 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Also, read deeper into what we know about the Aqir.

They were obsessed with eradicating all the non-insects from the world.

Same as Deathwing and his eradication of non-dragons.

Anyway, about the Infinite dragonflight:

I think that they're not Old Gods' creation. We know that the old Gods were behind the rift that made Rhonin, Krasus and Brox travel back in time. What I believe is that they released a Nozdormu from a chaotic future, and that he now works with them.

So, Infinite dragons aren't Old God creations; they have just brought them here, and we don't know if they work together. Remember Neltharion? They "released" his hatred and fury, for their own purposes, but never controlled him at all.

Master's Glaive...

I think there's an Old God there, but what we see ain't it. It's something like a seal, something were someone sticked the sword. The Old God must be buried under that place; I'm sure they didn't left it to the open air.
this could be it, either the infinite are their own faction, or they are manipulated by the old gods, or both, but no one else will have any profit in altering the timeline, too much things in balance.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Left corner.

Not a boss, I suspect. Just a pile of scrap iron.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Just wanted to post this, seems like several of the watchers that we do fight are "cleansed" of the Old God's influence and help us later, though who knows. In other news, and I can't remember who posted it, they implemented a fight very similar to a previous idea we discussed about attempting to stay warm and prevent frostbite. Now, that it shows up in this patch (after the discussion) could entirely be coincidence, but damn does that seem odd. In either case, I'm glad to see new mechanics going into the boss fights.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 PM

Eternal

I'm saying you, someone from the Blizz' must watch these boards and note the best ideas they stumble upon.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Wasn't the frostbite fight a joke thing? Like, getting naked?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
I'm saying you, someone from the Blizz' must watch these boards and note the best ideas they stumble upon.
We have a mole.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I still think Xie is involved.

That or Yubes.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM

Eternal

Yeah, it seems really likely that they saw the idea here and managed to shape the entire encounter into it etc in less then a month -.-

I dont think they got inspired from here.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:36 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I'm involved in so much crap I can't even remember what I haven't forgotten.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
Yeah, it seems really likely that they saw the idea here and managed to shape the entire encounter into it etc in less then a month -.-

That's not that difficult...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post

Hey, I never said they did outright, and it's definitely a mechanic a long time coming, but that doesn't mean there's no chance in hell it's not possible. There are things all of us have suggested that could have crept into the game, so my point is it's fun to know that, at the very least, we're on the same wavelength as some of the devs.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM

Elune

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46094.html

Ulduar Trailer. I'll personally hope we get a story trailer in 5 weeks, maybe abit of voice acting from Tirion and others about The coliseium too, not just a video dedicated for Ulduar itself.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Ulduar Trailer. I'll personally hope we get a story trailer in 5 weeks, maybe abit of voice acting from Tirion and others about The coliseium too, not just a video dedicated for Ulduar itself.
After the really incredible work they've been doing with their machinima team, going way back to the Black Temple trailer, I sincerely hope this isn’t all they’re giving us for Ulduar.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
After the really incredible work they've been doing with their machinima team, going way back to the Black Temple trailer, I sincerely hope this isn’t all they’re giving us for Ulduar.
This trailer is most definatly for marketing purposes, why else would it enter sites like Gametrailers at all? >_>
Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Eternal

The Tournement will not come in 3.1, but after it according to Bornakk.

I guess it will be narrated by Thorim, developing the story of the Watchers rise and fall and how they imprisoned Yogg-Saron etc, plus explaining why killing an Old God damages the world more deeply etc.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
The Tournement will not come in 3.1, but after it according to Bornakk.
Yeah its like the Sunwell event with the epic vendor guy. People will need to do dailies and then the area gets progressed and whatnot. Thats my understanding of it.