Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Will WOTLK be the final xpac?
Yes! 0 0%
No! 26 100.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2009, 07:50 AM

Eternal

Default WOTLK the end

I listened the pilot for There's lore raidio and I heard a fear going on that after the final battle with Arthas at patch 3.3 WoW will end.

Why is that assumed but can this fear become a grim reality?

I hope not cuz they still have a lot of storyline to cover.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 02-21-2009, 08:04 AM

Arch-Druid

An absolute no. There's not a chance in hell of it being the last expansion.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 AM

Elune

Where the hell did you get the conclusion WoTLK is the end?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 AM

Chimaera

I am not sure where you get the impression that this is the last expansion for WoW, since it simply is NOT. There has been many hints at the fact that they are already working on the next expansion. Heck, even in one of the podcasts with Metzen and Kaplan it is very clear that they don't consider the Lich King the end of Warcraft. So there is not even a single thing pointing towards WotLK being the last expansion. Seriously, why would it be when the expansion sold well and the game is still doing well too.

Blizzard may be working on a next MMO, but that won't come out for quite some time, considering they only release one actual new game per year. And this year Starcraft 2 will likely come out and next year it will be Diablo 3, the new MMO won't be in the way of a new expansion for WoW. Blizzard isn't all of the sudden destroying their cash cow by not releasing any expansions any longer.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
I listened the pilot for There's lore raidio and I heard a fear going on that after the final battle with Arthas at patch 3.3 WoW will end.
Where in it did you hear that?

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 AM

Huntress

We have to kill Azshara/Deathwing after the Lich King so it's not the final patch or extension the 3.3. I think we can think about the end not before the 5.0 one !
Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
Where in it did you hear that?
I heard that one of you said that he fears that WOTLK is the last xpack but he doubts it but its possible.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
I heard that one of you said that he fears that WOTLK is the last xpack but he doubts it but its possible.
Well Xie there will be more to come, just read Ablamar post. He speaks the truth.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:
No one said that
Old 02-21-2009, 12:44 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

No, no, I kind of did.

When I mentioned that Blizz planned to have "one AAA title per year", I said "We may not see another x-pac until 2011... but I doubt that's the case".

Xie's just being an idiot and pretending like I work for Blizz.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:50 AM

Ranger

Nah, its not going to be the end. Why would Blizzard pass up a chance to make more money? :p
Old 02-22-2009, 05:13 AM

Sentinel Queen

WoW will die during or after the supposed " Legion's world" Xpack. When Blizzard will have ton invent new thing that won't add up with the lore any longer and creates new vilains...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM

Eternal

Lol we still need to kill corrupted Ysera, Well of Eternity 3.0 Old God/Azshara hybrid, Neptulon/Old God hybrid (just my ideas that one of those two is one with the Old Gods), infinite Nozdrumo, Emerald Dream Old God, Tirisifalen Old God, Kil'Jaedan, Mephisroth and Sargeras etc.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Ranger

I would actually be exceedingly annoyed if we ever fought Sargeras, let alone managed to defeat him. IMO he has this image - he is the ultimate bad guy, but he is always out of reach. Because he doesn't have a body, he can only affect the world in more subtle ways (e.g. possessing Medivh, corrupting people, etc. rather than actual fighting). I would prefer it if he didn't regenerate his body, as I think he is far more interesting as he is.

Plus, we have no idea where he is or what he is up to, so the mystery deepens.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Elune

He has not one, but two bodies. Even fighting his avatar would be one hell of an encounter. Metzen already all but confirmed we'll be seeing him again.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:44 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

By the time we'll be facing Sargeras, our characters are supposed to have killed everything from gods to dragon aspects. It's a logical progression.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
By the time we'll be facing Sargeras, our characters are supposed to have killed everything from gods to dragon aspects. It's a logical progression.
We already have, so bring him on!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

There was a time when I swore the day we fought a being as mighty and magnificent as Kil'jaeden for the sake of loot would be the day I'd get the hell out of here.

How awfully twisted the future truly was!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 AM

Eternal

Well, tbh Kil'jaedan was very weakened in Sunwell as he was recently summoned and we just pushed him back to Argus/the Twisiting Nether.