Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 06:48 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
The 1000g cost isn't a huge problem for me, it's just a set-back for buying my epic flyer...
It is not a problem to me either other then the fact I was saving for the epic flyer on three new characters, and was hoping that spending gold on my existing three were over! lol

After buying three epic flyers and saving the money to make my Mechnohog, I am feeling the pain.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:58 AM

Concerning engineering: Two new recipes have been found... ;P Still, those are not very useful, but still... More recipes than we thought. :9

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/02/24...-up/2#comments

Oh, and you should check out mmo-champion since they added all Tier 8 sets now... <,<

http://www.mmo-champion.com/
Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Nope, I mean Drain Soul. Soul Siphon works on Drain Soul.
The Haunt change and the repositioning of Molten Core completely trashed Immolate. The rotation wasn't difficult, just clumsy, increasing the duration of Haunt and making Siphon Life (btw thanks Blizz for forcing me to waste a talent point on a PvP talent to get Shadow Mastery) auto apply on Corruption would have been enough. I feel bad for trading Immolate for SB spam. I've been through this, I don't want it again.
Pandemic was nerfed in that Affliction spells don't benefit from Ruin, so the crits will be 1.5x the damage, not 2x as before.

In hindsight the new Eradication might be not too bad. At least it doesn't get worse by putting more points into it since it doesn't appear to have an internal cooldown. I still don't like the implications though, like you said, it ruins Afflictions flavor and I enjoyed dominating everyone on fights like Grobbulus.

Goddamnit, even the Felhunter got nerfed because of SL! GRAAR NOT MY BEAUTIFUL BRAIN EATING PUPPY!

Run for your lives, the sky is falling!
Ok, that makes more sense. I don't normally play affliction at endgame levels, so I'm not terribly suprised I messed that up. In light of that, maybe they engineered Pandemic to be like Runic Focus, the DK passive that gives double damage on spell crits. If not (which I doubt would suprise no one), then they could add that to Malediction, since they've removed the bonus to CoE now.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

More stuff:

Wintergrasp raid 2: (new boss)

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/news/022409/wgraid.jpg

Changes at Sindragosa's fall:

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/news/022409/fall.jpg
http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/news/022409/fall2.jpg
http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/news/022409/fall3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Maybe they are in charge of the gold farmers?? I smell a conspiracy
It wouldn't be the first time. Not long ago, they discovered a company was the same that produced the bots for his game.

You know, sold games and sold bots.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Wait. Wait.

Arthas left Frostmourne in the snow? No f'in way. That's got to be another runeblade, right?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Arthas left Frostmourne in the snow? No f'in way. That's got to be another runeblade, right?
I kind of figured the fact it looks nothing like Frostmourne would sort of give that away.

More then likely it is going to be one of the daily quests for the Tourney, like another Death Knight of some type was trying to raise a Frost Wyrm similar to how Arthas did it, only to be foiled by the players in mid summoning while his sword is in the ice.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 AM

Elune

I guess it was the Black Knight.

You know, that final boss of the event .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I guess it was the Black Knight.

You know, that final boss of the event .
I wish I could copy my characters over to the PTR to try it out.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:34 AM

MMOChampion updated with a few new models, including what looks to be runed, stone protodragons and "Thorem", ostensibly, an uncorrupted Thorim.

I wonder what those dragons are- constructs patterned after protodrakes, the original form of protodrakes, or modified protodrakes?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 AM

Elune

A new dragonflight, using Veranus, probably.

And that Thorem... I don't believe it's Thorim, not the current one, anyway. Perhaps, it's just Loken :S.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
A new dragonflight, using Veranus, probably.

And that Thorem... I don't believe it's Thorim, not the current one, anyway. Perhaps, it's just Loken :S.
Believe what you want to believe. I just want to point out that when you check his model with modelviewer, the name is spelled as Thorum.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

C'Thun's model is spelled Kathune Model names don't mean jack.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
MMOChampion updated with a few new models, including what looks to be runed, stone protodragons and "Thorem", ostensibly, an uncorrupted Thorim.

I wonder what those dragons are- constructs patterned after protodrakes, the original form of protodrakes, or modified protodrakes?
Im guessing thats the Thorim we'll face in Uldular. Mabye his true TITAn form.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 02-26-2009, 09:10 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Usually the model names are spelled in such a way as to better pronounce them. Thus Thorim is probably pronounced "Thor-em" instead of "Thor-im" just like C'thun is "Kath-un" instead of "Sith-un." Probably helps the model developers when they're speaking with the creative team about different characters.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:34 AM

Elune

So, well, it doesn't fit with his personality.

No at all.