Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Looking at your avi made me want a succubus hero. Lilith or Andariel perhaps? Or Mother Sharaz but she would be lacking the whip and shit.
Thanks, and like wise. I want a succubus hero, warcraft.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:25 PM

I'm putting together a kit for Grom as well as Garrosh right now.

I think, adding them both could allow for quite a few interesting interactions... And well, I believe Garrosh has grown enough as a character to stand on his own, and Grom really needs an overhaul with Samuro being added. As it is, I see Grom more as an Assassin, while Grom as a Warrior.

Now, these are very early drafts (as you might notice with the placeholder texts for the description)

Leap for the Kill
- Quite iconic for Grom, him jumping into Mannoroth to kill him (worked twice now! ).
Problem here: Sonya's Leap... It's basically the same. So, I'm not sure yet how to differentiate this better, as I don't have much experience with Sonya. Still, it is an idea for now.

Hellscream
- Well, main idea is to give Grom a warcry that "stuns" players in a large area around him for a moment.

WARSONG RAIDER
- The idea here is that Grom mounts for a short duration a wolf and gets a new skill allowing him to catch and drag someone behind him, dealing damage while moving.

IRON WILL
- undecided yet. But this is perfect for a trait name. If CC effects weren't so short already, I'd ponder about including a reduction of the CC durations on him.

So, Garrosh has a more advanced kit right now. I'm not sure if he should keep the Gorehowl, as it could be amusing to have Grom questioning him about that axe. Still, I might give him his old dual axes back to keep him better apart from Grom.

PRIDE OF Y'SHAARJ
- temporary form which modifies his skills to desecrate the ground and makes him overall better in taking hits.

IRON STAR
- Releases an Iron Star down the way which stuns everyone caught in its path.

AXE THROW
- Would work as a skillshot/root. In Pride form it would desecrate the ground, either at the target or wherever the axe lands when it doesn't hit anything.

WHIRLWIND
- Small AOE around Garrosh. Also would desecrate the ground around him in Pride form.

COMMANDING SHOUT
- Shields him and his allies. Could be talented to summon reinforcements on use. (in Pride form, the reinforcements would be sha)

HEART OF WAR
- undecided yet. Think this would be a fitting name for Garrosh's trait.

So yeah, so far for the early draft. Looking forward to ideas and suggestions.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:20 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

I did a kit for Grom a while ago... something like...

[D] Blood of Mannoroth
Every time Grom auto-attacks or is auto-attacked, he gains a charge of 'Cursed Blood'. His auto-attack damage is increased by 5% for every charge. He can have up to 10 charges, and the charges last 12 seconds.

[Q] Howling Strike
12 second cooldown
Grom's next auto-attack will deal 100% additional damage. (Stacks with Cursed Blood)

[W] Cry of the Warsong
30 second cooldown
Force all targets within a small radius to attack Grom preventing all other action, while also reducing the damage he takes from all sources by 50% for 5 seconds.

[E] Impending Victory
15 second cooldown
Grom slams the target, healing himself for 10% of his health. Killing a target resets the cooldown of this ability.

[R1] Warcry
Grom immediately leaps at a target and strikes them, dealing 10% of the damage dealt by this ability to himself. This ability's damage is increased by 20% for every charge of Cursed Blood.

[R2] Be Reborn
Passive
All of Grom's damage is increased by 25%, and all damage dealt to Grom is reduced by 15% at all times.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:16 PM

Eternal

Old 04-29-2015, 05:26 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Iron Will could tie in with the classic idea of Orcish bloodlust. When activated, X% damage received is changed into a DoT, and during that time he also gains higher attack speed and damage?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:00 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Here's my stupid Kel'thuzad concept. Pretty unrefined.

Basically he is meant to disrupt the enemy team A LOT and has way more slows and stuff than Jaina, but lacks her damage. He has a shield to make him more clearly a support, but he's really a mage hybrid kind of in the same vein as Tassadar.

Kelíthuzad Concept
Support Hero

Trait: Dark Ritual
45 second cooldown
Sacrifice a friendly lane minion to boost Kelíthuzadís ability power by 10% for 4 seconds and regain 50 mana.

Q - Frost Nova
16 second cooldown
Deal damage to a single target, dealing 50% damage to all nearby targets and slowing all affected targets by 50% for 2 seconds.

W - Frost Armor
8 second cooldown
Provide an allied target with a 180 (+30 per level) shield. While active, the shield applies a 25% slow for 4 seconds to nearby enemy targets, slowing their movement speed and attack rate and dealing x damage per second. Lasts 4 seconds.

E- Chains of Undeath
Skil-shot. Kelíthuzad throws his chains out, slowing the movement speed and attack rate of all enemies they come into contact with -- stopping at the first hero hit.

R1 - Frost Blast
50 second cooldown
Charges a blast of frost energy, rooting the target in place and dealing large amounts of damage.

R2 - Death & Decay
Deal area effect damage in a target area. Deals extra damage to enemy minions and buildings.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:20 PM

World Builder

Anyone think Fang or Scorch or Tomator from Lost Vikings could work as champs?

Or any of the Rock N Roll Racers? (Can't find much on them personally)

EDIT:

I decided to make a set of (ADMITTEDLY IMPROBABLE) Burning Legion hero ideas

Starting with Mannoroth

Trait: "Burning Blood": When taking or dealing damage, Mannoroth splatters those nearby with his burning blood, empowering allies and damaging enemies. Can be activated to empower his abilities, if Mannoroth dies while it is activated, he explodes in "Fel Eruption", damaging nearby enemies. ("FelFountain" talent also provides damage buff after anyone on your team uses a fountain.)

Q: Annihilation: Mannoroth charges at an enemy and smashes them with his weapon, dealing damage along his path as well.

W:Howl of Terror: Mannoroth lets out a terrifying howl that reduces the damage of nearby enemies.

E: Felquake: Mannoroth slams the ground, damaging and slowing enemies in the area. Talent can allow Felnova to be cast for free after casting Felquake.

R1: FelStorm: Mannoroth calls down fel fireballs in an area damaging enemies and structures, can be talented to create Infernals.

R2: The Destructor: Mannoroth fires a beam of high energy from his weapon, dealing tremendous damage to the target enemy or structure.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 05-16-2015 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-17-2015, 02:35 PM

Arch-Druid

nice concept, also what will the next warcraft hero be? I mean, they are doing diablo 3 heroes, starcraft 2 heroes, and warcraft 3.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eillas View Post
nice concept, also what will the next warcraft hero be? I mean, they are doing diablo 3 heroes, starcraft 2 heroes, and warcraft 3.
Hard to say who will be next for sure, but the most likely candidates from Warcraft are Rexxar, Zul'jin, Cho'Gall and Samuro. Possibly Mekkatorque or Kel'Thuzad, too, but I'd say they are the most unlikely to be next.

This is based on the models we've seen so far and their state. I mean, at Blizzcon we've seen Sylvanas, Kael'thas, Johanna, Leoric and the Butcher in roughly that order. In addition we've seen a Work in Progress Samuro and a very early Work in Progress Kel'Thuzad.

Ignoring that, there were some shots of Rexxar, Cho'Gall and Zul'jin ingame in some trailers, so who knows in what state they are in.

And well, there is Mekkatorque who was in one of the earlier screenshots, but we didn't see him ingame anywhere yet.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 PM

World Builder

Okay so two thoughts today

First, we need more support champs! There aren't many currently and none of the folks that've been datamined fit the bill except maybe Kel'Thuzad.

Auriel and Itherael might work for Diablo

Egon Stettman or maybe Ariel Hanson could work for Starcraft

Moira would be a good Warcraft option to add the last of the Dwarf Council

Second, I like the idea of adding more "Classic" Blizz characters from Lost Vikings, Rock'n'Roll Racing, and Blackthorne

Rock'n'Roll Racing Drivers

and Names paired with faces here: http://comissaodorock.blogspot.com/2...ll-racing.html

In the game they had a line of flavor lore for themselves and their planet, but I don't know what they were in most cases.

Scorch and Fang might make decent champs too.

If we really dig we could take a look at Freya, the Valkyrie from the respawn screen or Greta, one of Olaf's daughters and a student at Baelog's school of pillaging. (Though they'd both be a BIG stretch and I consider them about as likely as I consider poor Min'loth from WoW)

EDIT:

As for Blackthorne, seems like three options.

Kyle, Galadril (The sorcerer who sent him to earth, and brought him back), and Sarlac (The Villain and only/final boss)

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 05-17-2015 at 10:16 PM..
Old 05-17-2015, 10:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I really want a Golem riding Dark Iron Dwarf character.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:10 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I really want a Golem riding Dark Iron Dwarf character.
Probably better chances for the goblin alchemist.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Second, I like the idea of adding more "Classic" Blizz characters from Lost Vikings, Rock'n'Roll Racing, and Blackthorne

Rock'n'Roll Racing Drivers
(image)

and Names paired with faces here: http://comissaodorock.blogspot.com/2...ll-racing.html

In the game they had a line of flavor lore for themselves and their planet, but I don't know what they were in most cases.
While true that rock'n roll racing offers a lot of drivers, I feel the best way to represent the game is through only one hero... as at the core the game was about the races.

Simply turning the drivers into heroes would bring us random characters with skills that have nothing to do with what we know them for.

I'd rather have a hero that represents the game, and utilize the drivers for cool personalized cars as skins for this hero.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:34 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
While true that rock'n roll racing offers a lot of drivers, I feel the best way to represent the game is through only one hero... as at the core the game was about the races.

Simply turning the drivers into heroes would bring us random characters with skills that have nothing to do with what we know them for.

I'd rather have a hero that represents the game, and utilize the drivers for cool personalized cars as skins for this hero.
I agree. I'd do like the three presented most in the artwork. K-Jin, Mardock and Stinkle. One character, a few skin options. Or just K-jin, he works well enough. A permanent fancy car mount with a speed boost and abilities involving the car/rockin'

Blackthorn would be real nice too.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 05-18-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 05-18-2015, 09:54 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post

Yeah that's the -sensible- thing to do but FUCK sensibility, leave that for Blizz, this is a forum thread, here is the place for impractical wish fulfillment

My Worldbuilding:
Old 05-19-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Yeah that's the -sensible- thing to do but FUCK sensibility, leave that for Blizz, this is a forum thread, here is the place for impractical wish fulfillment
NEVER!

As for the Hero, here are some points I've been thinking about:

1) Ressource

So, I wondered what would fit best as a ressource/mechanic for the Rock'N Roll Racer. So, one of the most logical things would be fuel. But well, I had something else in mind:

Speed. As the character moves around, he builds up "speed". If he stand still, he is losing his ressource "rapidly".

What do I want to achieve with this? The fantasy for this hero is being a racer. You want to get into first place, so you need speed. Standing around is NOT the fantasy of this hero. So there is a clear incentive to move.

2) Trait

Momentum

To complement the ressource, his trait would make this hero faster the more Speed he builds up. What I'm not sure about is, if his abilities would have a bonus the more speed he has.

3) Skills

So, due to him being always on the move, I think he would work best as an assassin.

Still, I want to properly look up the weapons from the game to see what would work best. But so far I have these:

D) Lightning Nitros - Breaks roots and gives the hero x amount of speed.

As a car, a mount doesn't make sense. But it would allow for a defensive cooldown to free yourself in an emergency and to gain speed.

Q) Road Kill - The hero charges into the direction he is moving, damaging everyone in his path.

So, to "drive over" other heroes would fit quite well, basically turning the hero himself into a missle. During the charge, the hero wouldn't be blocked by heroes or minions, so this would allow him to engage as well as disengage in combat.

R1) Racing Event -
Two Variants:
1) Summons 3 other cars in a line next to the hero. While following you they copy your skills.

2) Send a wave of 4 cars into a direction, dealing a lot of damage to everyone in the way.

So, this is all a reference to the game itself. You and three rivals. I like the idea behind it, buuut I'm not sure about the implementation yet.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:02 PM

World Builder

Looks good, i still prefer an individual approach, Will have to look at some of the weapons the cars had.

EDIT:

Had some thoughts for warcraft heroes, put em here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-of-the-Storm

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-01-2015, 02:15 PM

Guru of Gilneas

There are some obvious RTS units that I somehow feel don't necessarily have obvious character analogues. For example, I would really love to see the Spellbreaker (aka the Silencer) in Heroes of the Storm.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
There are some obvious RTS units that I somehow feel don't necessarily have obvious character analogues. For example, I would really love to see the Spellbreaker (aka the Silencer) in Heroes of the Storm.
Lor'themor is supposed to be a spellbreaker, kinda.

I'm wondering if Blizzard will want to include more anti-magic and silencing mechanics in the game, though. Thus far they've limited silencing to ultimates, but those are long silences. (2-3 seconds) Illidan had silence mechanics in his basic kit at one point, but they took them out.

So I'm not sure what their stance is on that. I think they want to avoid the game having too many interrupts for channeled abilities. I mean it's basically not as good as a stun, and people have stuns in their basic kits, so I'm really not sure how that's going to work.

Here's my battleground concept btw. In case anyone was wondering.

Name: Battle of Mount Hyjal

This is a unique single-lane battleground. The path winds up the hills of Mount Hyjal. Basically, each team has a different objective. We'll call them Team Legion, and Team Azeroth. Team Azeroth has three cores, and needs to defend each core from the opposing team. The cores are laid out as you'd expect for the Battle of Mount Hyjal. At the bottom of the map, team Azeroth has a human core defended by an AI Jaina Proudmoore and a series of AI human soldiers.

In the middle of the map you have a Horde core, defended by an AI Thrall and a group of Orc soldiers. Then at the top you have the final core (a gate) guarded by an AI Tyrande Whisperwind and a group of Night Elven soldiers. These AI heroes do not have the same abilities as their Heroes counterparts, and instead have unique defense focused abilities.

Jaina has her classic WC3 Water Elemental ability (i.e. Low cooldown, able to summon multiples), Blizzard and her Brilliance Aura. Thrall has chain lightning, summons defensive wolves, and can create Earthquakes that slow the enemies' movement speed and attack rate. Tyrande's auto-attacks are powerful searing arrows, she has trueshot aura and can cast an incredibly powerful starfall that deals large amounts of AoE damage over a large area.

Minions will spawn from the active core while the game progresses. Footmen and Riflemen for Humans, Grunts and Headhunters for Orcs, Sentinels and Archers for Night Elves. Conversely, whatever the active core is for the Legion team (and this changes as they destroy each core and basically take it over) will spawn minions heading for the next core. Each wave of minions spawned for the Legion team will become progressively more powerful the longer they control that core.

Every ten minutes or so, the Legion team will spawn a hero of their own to do battle with the enemy. At nine minutes, Rage Winterchill is spawned and will move down the lane to attack. He will hit enemy heroes with Frost Nova to deal damage, Frost Armor to buff allied heroes and one charge of Death and Decay which will deal massive damage to enemy structures. (Basically Rage is almost guaranteed to destroy at least one building)

At eighteen minutes, the Legion base will spawn Anetheron, Anetheron will use sleep to cast an AoE Crowd Control at a target location (think the golem's root ability), he has Vampiric Aura which will give all nearby heroes a life-steal attack, and he has one charge of Rain of Chaos which will spawn an army of Infernals to attack the enemy base.

At 27 minutes, the Legion base will spawn Azgalor. Azgalor has -- Rain of Fire, Azgalor will blast an area with firey meteors that will deal large amounts of AoE damage (mainly he will cast this on lane minions), he has Howling Roar, which will reduce the damage of enemy heroes and units around Azgalor after a brief casting period, and finally he has one charge of impending doom, which will deal large amounts of damage in a target area in a big explosion.

Finally, at 38 minutes, the Legion player will spawn Archimonde. Archimonde is incredibly powerful and very difficult to hold back. He is indestructible, and his attacks deal extra damage to buildings. He has dark portal, which will spawn an army of demon minions to attack the enemy, and finger of death a massive single-target skillshot that will deal massive damage to an enemy hero. (Only being stopped if the hero moves out of range in time)

Basically, except for Archimonde (who has two incredibly powerful abilities and will end the game FAST) every AI hero has two sort of regular abilities, and one really powerful ability they can use once. The goal of the Azeroth team is to hold back the invading legion troops for forty minutes. This map is intended to be a little more specialized than the other maps. And more of an intense battle between two teams slogging it out.

Mercenaries also play out a little differently. Upon claiming a merc camp, instead of having those mercenaries move down the lane, a set of units will immediately spawn at the winning team's core. For siege camps, two meat wagons for the Legion team with their next spawned wave. For the Azeroth team, they get a pair of defensive mobile cannons that basically act like mobile towers. For bruiser camps, the Legion team gets a set of doomguards while the Azeroth team gets contextually appropriate knights/raiders/huntresses and a sorceress/shaman/druid of the talon (who do not have unique abilities).

Basically, the Azeroth team is at a disadvantage the longer the fight goes on, and the Legion team has really good pushing power that ramps up over the course of the match. In the early game, with their AI heroes and towers/forts are able to defend very effectively, but as AI heroes spawn for the legion team and their waves get more powerful it's harder for the Azeroth team to defend.

I think this design is incredibly problematic, but I'm going to work on eliminating the bugs as much as possible. I doubt Blizzard will include it, but hopefully it'll be something that's possible with Heroes' map editor.

Last edited by Aldrius; 06-01-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Lor'themor is supposed to be a spellbreaker, kinda.
He's the most likely candidate, but that's not an exact fit.

Quote:
I'm wondering if Blizzard will want to include more anti-magic and silencing mechanics in the game, though. Thus far they've limited silencing to ultimates, but those are long silences. (2-3 seconds) Illidan had silence mechanics in his basic kit at one point, but they took them out.

So I'm not sure what their stance is on that. I think they want to avoid the game having too many interrupts for channeled abilities. I mean it's basically not as good as a stun, and people have stuns in their basic kits, so I'm really not sure how that's going to work.
True. But you would also think that there would be an appeal in anti-magic/silence mechanics simply for hero variety.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I want some kind of shapeshifting hero like the D2 Druid or WC3's Druid of the Claw.

Use Broll Bearmantle as a character to represent the playstyle. I can see it being either a warrior or support.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
He's the most likely candidate, but that's not an exact fit.
He has some spellbreaker abilities in WoW doesn't he? Only problem I see is he doesn't really look like one. And the look is pretty iconic.

True. But you would also think that there would be an appeal in anti-magic/silence mechanics simply for hero variety.[/QUOTE]

Well I mean in her own way Sylvanas is the Queen of that kind of thing, and she had more silences in her kit too during development. But in release she just has the ultimate. So I think it's just not something they really wanna build a hero around, constant silences.

It'd work as a variant on stun mechanics I think. But there'd need to be some other sort of mechanic to it. They also seem to really hate anti-casting mechanics too. (Like mana drains) So there's that... I kinda wish they hadn't made everything so ability-based, so that these sorts of mechanics could exist.

Quote:
I want some kind of shapeshifting hero like the D2 Druid or WC3's Druid of the Claw.

Use Broll Bearmantle as a character to represent the playstyle. I can see it being either a warrior or support.
I think a Worgen hero or Hamuul would work better personally. Broll looks too much like Furion. Some more aesthetic variety would be cool.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I think a Worgen hero or Hamuul would work better personally. Broll looks too much like Furion. Some more aesthetic variety would be cool.
Fair, and I would prefer that as well.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Banished

I'd add to the Mount Hyjal idea that, if you pick Tyrande, Jaina or Thrall, their AI equivalent would pick a different tint if the player is using the main one, and get a different name.

If they give Lorthemar the spellbreaker sword and shield he'd do the trick. Perhaps add the helmet for the master skin.

Alternatively they could just make the Spellbreaker and name him Lorthemar (like Gelbin and the gnome planes or Gazlowe and the goblin tinker) or make the spellbreaker a skin.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:16 PM

World Builder

Where was it said Lor'themar is a spellbreaker?

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
fanwank, heroes of the storm, heroes of the swarm, moba