Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Eternal

I've been listening to Block B quite a lot these past few weeks. Especially Very Good and Nillili Mambo. U Hoo Hoo is pretty nice too. Their leader, Zico, can be a bit overexposed like GD is in Bigbang but he's awesome. Probably my favorite idol rapper, at least when it comes to boy groups.

Hwayoung appeared in Zia's new song!. Honestly I hate the song, it's way too sad for me and I dislike ballads in general, but I'm loving Hwayoung in this, forgot how great she looks with long hair and minimal makeup, though she's matured a bit since her debut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Nicole has officially left KARA and its looking likely that Jiyoung will as well. I'm rather depressed by all of this but hopefully they'll have luck with whatever solo endeavors they decide to undertake. Reportedly, Jiyoung is interested in pursuing acting, but Nicole plans to comeback as a solo artist. I hope that happens soon. DSP's management is really quite shit so what they really need is a wake-up call, hopefully this'll be it.
That's sad to hear. Although it might be a good thing for Jiyoung, actors are generally held in higher regard than idols, idols are actually the lowest tier in k entertainment. If she's succesful she'll be better off overall, even if she's not at least she'll probably have more free time than as a member of an idol group.
It's a bit trickier with Nicole. Very few idols actually have the talent, popularity and connections to make it solo, plus Korea already has plenty of well liked singers. Not saying she can't necessarily make it, but her odds aren't that good as a singer. Maybe she'll be able to do something as an MC? She's pretty good(my favorite even), as far as idols go, and she might have better odds than as a singer. She might not want to settle for that and competition is tough there too, but it's always good to have another source of income.

Quote:
2NE1 is reportedly releasing a new album for their new tour, titled All Or Nothing.

T-ARA N4 is rumored to have their US debut soon, titled something like Miss Understanding, and if that's true I anticipate a complete mess.

Gain, Psy and SNSD are all reported to have comebacks soon but no solid word on when.
Hopefully YG will put more effort in 2NE1's new album since CL isn't scheduled to release anything new, as far as I know at least. Not a fan of their latest works.

T-ara N4 was a disaster from a PR point of view and their sales weren't that great either, certainly not what CCM expected, why they would continue with it I don't know. I'm guessing they want to milk whatever they can from the 'golden trio'(Eunjung/Hyomin/Jiyeon) as much as they can before their contracts expire and have a chance to leave CCM.
KKS seems to believe that Dani will be a tide changer because of her knowing english, which is just insane. Honestly it baffles me that he thinks T-ara, even it's most popular members, can make it in the states, BoA was possibly the closest to making it in the states and even she failed ultimately. I would have thought some of these these thoughts would change since KKS isn't CEO anymore.

And it's about time SNSD had a korean comeback. Some of their japanese songs that they came up with lately are nice and all but they need some korean stuff already, they're the nation's number 1 girl group!

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Eternal

Jay Park is pretty cool in this.

Quote:
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:00 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

The video tries to be different from all the others in the avalanche of sexy concepts that K-Pop has been having, but I don't think it really succeeds. The song does, though, because its upbeat unlike all the others which all sound like they're trying to be Sistar. (I don't really like Sistar in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 01-24-2014, 03:21 PM

Eternal

Nicole and Hwayoung were rumored to start a duo together, but sadly it seems to have been shot down by Wellmade. Which is a pity, they were my favorite members of their respective groups.

It's also a bit awkward seeing so many articles about Hwayoung on allkpop. I mean, I love the girl and all, but there's no reason for her to have so many articles about her. Probably something to do with that moronic scandal that many still seem to be focused on(if you go by the comment section at least).

Quote:
Old 01-24-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Nicole and Hwayoung were rumored to start a duo together, but sadly it seems to have been shot down by Wellmade. Which is a pity, they were my favorite members of their respective groups.

It's also a bit awkward seeing so many articles about Hwayoung on allkpop. I mean, I love the girl and all, but there's no reason for her to have so many articles about her. Probably something to do with that moronic scandal that many still seem to be focused on(if you go by the comment section at least).
That'd be fun, but really, that's the most uncreative rumors I've seen in a long time. Somebody just decided that pairing together the big girl group member that had a falling out with their agency together with the last big girl group member to have a falling out with their agency. There's no real logic to it besides that.

I think Hwayoung is going to be hard-pressed to escape the controversy until she actually starts putting out new material, be it as a rapper or an actress.

I've stopped using allkpop since the whole Ailee scandal.

Quote:

It's a bit trickier with Nicole. Very few idols actually have the talent, popularity and connections to make it solo, plus Korea already has plenty of well liked singers. Not saying she can't necessarily make it, but her odds aren't that good as a singer. Maybe she'll be able to do something as an MC? She's pretty good(my favorite even), as far as idols go, and she might have better odds than as a singer. She might not want to settle for that and competition is tough there too, but it's always good to have another source of income.
I wouldn't mind Nicole as an MC, but I don't think that's where her passions really lie.

I think Nicole has the talent and popularity to make it solo, but the connections are tricky. They'd never admit it, but I bet the larger companies have looked at Nicole as too problematic to hire, because she won't let the companies boss her around. (Except for Kim Kwang-soo of CCM, seeing as during the first dispute he advocated banning the members of KARA from the industry if they didn't end up resigning with DSP)

Back in 2011, she and her mother started the first contract dispute because she was being overworked, now in 2014 she's refused to resign for being underworked.

If Nicole wants to continue in the K-Pop business, she probably needs to get a smaller company to back her, like JYJ has. (Though her scenario is nowhere near as messy as JYJ. JYJ doesn't even get on music shows, but I bet Nicole could)

Quote:
Old 01-25-2014, 04:32 AM

Eternal

It was a silly rumor but I still got excited for about 5 seconds until I found out it was shot down in another article
And I don't really like allkpop either, though it doesn't have much to do with Ailee's scandal, since I don't even know much about it. It has some interesting stuff sometimes, though.

Also this is pretty cool, it's sometimes hard to remember Bigbang had a period when they weren't so #swag.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Eternal

Really like this song, sexy and fairly catchy. Not bad for a filler solo track, though I kind of wish she had a rap in it too.
It's amazing how she pulls off sexy possibly better than anyone in her group and yet she's the most underweight among them. Possibly her 'training' as an iljin.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2014, 12:14 PM

That song always gets the Bee Gees' "You Should Be Dancing" stuck in my head and it confuses me. I guess the way the song titles are delivered are similar.

Gain has a new song and, well, I'll let it speak for itself.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2014, 02:24 PM

Eternal

'Fuck you'. Well that's not something exactly common.

EDIT:

One of the cases where I much prefer their unpromoted tracks to some of their promoted ones. This would have been a lot better than 'Bunny style' for their japanese Treasure Box if they had made it when they first released the album.

Wish they had a korean equivalent of this but I find some of their japanese songs on par and sometimes, ugh, better than their korean counterparts. Probably has to do with how their company there handles the autotuning, it's easier to tell them apart.

Quote:

Last edited by Royalpimp; 01-28-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 PM

DSP is rumored to be planning to add new members to KARA.

Its like DSP is actively trying to make the scenario worse...

Also, two members of Nine Muses are leaving the group, leading to my theory: somebody put a curse on Sweetune.

Quote:

Last edited by HalfElfDragon; 01-29-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 AM

Eternal

Adding new members to Kara would suck and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Don't imagine this will be a popular decision, though I hope they at least add likeable members.

And of course the Nine Muses couldn't actually stick to having 9 members, that would be crazy.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2014, 02:52 PM

Eternal

So Psy will release a new video with Snoop Dog and G-dragon in it. I like Snoopy, GD's fine, and I expect Psy to keep being crazy, so this is pretty cool to me.

On the other hand G-dragon will release a song with Justin Bieber at some point and I'm already cringing because of the storm of #SWAG that will probably come upon us.

Braceyourselves.jpg

Quote:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 PM

I hope PSY changes up his sound for this. I liked Gentleman but it was really just Gangnam Style 2.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM

Eternal

These guys are probably my second favorite boy group after Bigbang.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 01:42 AM

I bought a Rainbow Blaxx autographed album, which got me admission to a livestream meet-and-greet thing that M-Wave does, but I totally forgot about it so I missed it. So now I feel sad.

SNSD is having a comeback but I don't really care.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 AM

Eternal

I considered buying a k-pop album too but I just can't decide from which group/s, and I'm a bit tight on money anyway. Too bad you missed the live stream, forgot M-wave did that.

I've been feeling a bit disenchanted with SNSD lately but that teaser looks promising, just hope it comes out fast.

Also, I love this song right now, though I hated it a lot when I first heard it:

Quote:
Old 02-15-2014, 12:41 AM

Normally I don't link to lives here, but the original dance and outfits for this Stellar song were so lazily trashy that they were actually improved when KBS made them change it.

While I'm on the subject of lives, I just found this wonderful Brown Eyed Girls performance.

Quote:
I've been feeling a bit disenchanted with SNSD lately but that teaser looks promising, just hope it comes out fast.
Well, it won't be doing that, because SM claims the MV data got corrupted and the release will be pushed back.

But 2NE1 is having a comeback this month too. Some people think that SM just wanted an excuse to not put SNSD versus 2NE1 but I'm not sure I believe that. Not sure I believe SM either. We'll see.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 AM

Eternal

I love Seungri ^_>
The remix is even better!

Quote:

Last edited by Royalpimp; 02-21-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 05:24 PM

Eternal

I think Bolvar once posted a remix of this back when this thread was made, it was the second k-pop song I ever heard, after f(x)'s Nu abo. A bit old but TOP is always awesome, remixed or not.
This is also awesome even if it's not one of Bigbang's promoted songs.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 AM

Eternal

SM posted this yesterday but I listened to the audio about 5 days ago on a different channel and I saw the video yesterday on another channel before SM put it up. It was also un iTunes for a while a few days ago, pretty unfortunate leak overall.
Anyway the song is pretty nice, not their best but I like it overall. Kills me that Hyoyeon still gets the least lines. It's always been a problem with her but honestly it's moments like this when I wish she'd move to a different company.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2014, 12:08 AM

I like the visuals on Come Back Home but I'm not overly fond of the song.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Eternal

^I feel the same about both videos/songs. Besides Dara(whom I still like) I feel they were cooler before 2013, even if CL was still irritating. Though I appreciate that in this album they finally made a korean 'Scream', the japanese version was decent but nothing beats the korean language.

EDIT: Besides the korean 'Scream', I actually like their 'Crush' song too. Quite a lot actually, I'm surprised they didn't make a video for it first of all what with it being the album title track, but I believe they're on their way making it so I'm having high hopes. Warming up to 'Come back home' a bit too.

Also I've developed the habit of listening to whole albums packed in one video, it's amazing how many good unpromoted songs you find that way.

Quote:

Last edited by Royalpimp; 03-07-2014 at 02:48 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 AM

The rumor going around is that in April, Jiyeon and Hyomin will be getting solo debuts. I'd like that, except that the rumors indicates that Hyomin will be getting a Brave Brothers track, and I sort of hate Brave Brothers.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 AM

Eternal

This does not sit that well with me.
For starters none of the girls are solo material, not even Soyeon who is their best singer and arguably best performer. Also Ahreum already was planned(allegedly) to go solo, so it's kind of lame that she's put on hold(not that I'm surprised, she's not the only one in that company put on hold).
I could understand that they wanted someone more popular than Soyeon and Ahreum, but I really, really dislike that they're having Jiyeon debut. Sure. she's CCM's version of Yoona, their most well promoted idol, and thus, one of the most popular in the group, but she's pretty much T-ara's second worst singer and for all her looks, a poor performer(in a group not known for being particulary good at either).
If they wanted to promote their most popular for a solo album, they should have picked Eunjung instead of her. Eunjung is also one of their most popular(on par with Jiyeon and Hyomin even), and she's every bit Hyomin's equal, possibly even better, as a performer and singer. I suppose there's a reason for not using her, but I still don't like it.
I can dig Hyomin having her own album, she actually kind of grew on me lately. Excluding Soyeon she's tied with Eunjung as T-ara's best, as far as I'm concerned anyway, and she's also a decent rapper so she's worth something. I'm actually looking forward to it somewhat if she has any rapping parts. She doesn't have the same rapper feel like Hwayoung, but I really like her voice, has an interesting effect when she raps imo.
Not very excited about her getting Brave Brothers to produce for her though. Only song made by them that I like is 4Minute's 'What's your name' and even that isn't exactly that high on my list.

EDIT: So apparently Hyomin is going to have a song similar to Lee Hyori's 10 minutes while Jiyeon will have one similar to Park Ji Yoon' Sung in Shik. I sort of like Hyori's song, the style would suit Hyomin me thinks.

Quote:

Last edited by Royalpimp; 03-12-2014 at 07:08 AM..

Tags
cute, korea, music, south korea is best korea