Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 08:15 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
How could the Horde control Darnassus when it'll be a pile of Ashes? Well, I suppose the stone buildings, if partially intact, would be in the water.
Pile of ashes? Do you think a tree that large would just turn into a pile of ashes?

It'll be charred, sure. The surface will be burnt. So, it'll be a giant burnt tree in the middle of the ocean for the Forsaken to claim as Burnt Dead Treelandia.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
How could the Horde control Darnassus when it'll be a pile of Ashes? Well, I suppose the stone buildings, if partially intact, would be in the water.
Unfortunately this means there's no way the Alliance keeps it unless there is an equivalent amount of content for Horde in Northern Kalimdor.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Saw these on the Story forums from the same poster.
this is true?? quelthalas is it really safe?

victory for the sindorei !!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
this is true?? quelthalas is it really safe?

victory for the sindorei !!
You have a Sunwell that can put up a nigh impenetrable shield if prepared properly. I'm thinking Quel'thelas is pretty damn safe, and no longer accepting pilgrims.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Hypothetical pre-launch event quest:

"Lok'tar/Greetings, Highlord/Archdruid/etc. Word's come down from the Warchief/High King! In light of recent events, it's been discovered that your organization is infested with Horde filth/Alliance dogs. Time to prove your loyalty, champion. Time to make amends for the crime of saving us all by not wasting your time in PvP.

Kill them all. Your leaders command you to purge your halls of the traitors and enemies who saved us from the demons after we screwed up and executed the world's worst offensive ever at the Broken Shore, then kept the entire world from being destroyed by the Legion while we punched each other in the crotch over a bunch of worthless towers.

Do this thing, and you will have earned the trust of we, your faction, who keep demanding you do stupid stuff for us that undoes your previous accomplishments. Do this thing, and you'll have earned this pittance of gold, along with this blue item that will shortly become obsolete."

Rewards: 2G 25S 40C and Flimsy Wristguard of the Blindly Obedient Jackass.
We've murdered complete innocents and committed genocide for less.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
I doubt all the night elves got off Teldrassil as well so I guess the Horde performs genocide by burning thousands of night elves alive as well.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:37 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I, as always, welcome faction war bullshit. It's the main thing I love about Warcraft.
Me too. We just had two boring expansions of Power of Friendshipcraft. It feels like Warcraft coming back.

And let's be honest, Alliance vs Horde bitchfests is what kept this forum active. If it can bring back WoW discussions and finally get rid of political stuff on this board, you'll all be glad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I doubt all the night elves got off Teldrassil as well so I guess the Horde performs genocide by burning thousands of night elves alive as well.
Isn't genocide a second nature for the Horde?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:38 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
And? It's also stupid when we do it then.

Why do people think this sort of thing is a valid excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Me too. We just had two boring expansions of Power of Friendshipcraft. It feels like Warcraft coming back.

And let's be honest, Alliance vs Horde bitchfests is what kept this forum active. If it can bring back WoW discussions and finally get rid of political stuff on this board, you'll all be glad.
It's been WarCraft all along.

Another faction war just brings the irrational people with nothing useful to say back out of the woodwork.

WoW's factions are tailor-made for stupid people. It's a brainless story and gaming mechanic for brainless people who have difficulty coping with non-binary comprehension.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-03-2017 at 08:44 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 08:42 PM

Eternal

So the major "add on" races to the Alliance and the Horde (Night Elves and Undead respectively) post WC3 are getting shafted in terms of racial capitals.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
You go to Drustvar to find out why House Wavecrest has stopped responding to Boralus. You arrive and find the starting town (I can't remember the name, I think it was Hillhaven or something like that) and find everyone frozen in place with a huge wickerman effigy in the center. It turns out a cult of human druids (and I don't mean traditional WoW druids, more of the "crazy pagan wilderness cult" fantasy idea of druids) called with Wickerites are cursing the land and making tons of wickerman monsters. There's also some ancient ruins that have revenants guarding them.

As for the Lordaeron vs Teldrassil thing; they said Stromgarde was only ONE of the war fonts. I guarantee there will be one in Kalimdor with the exact same plot but the factions reversed where its the Horde trying to stop the Alliance from retaking stuff.

Also: According to the dungeon journal, Zandalari are in a civil war between Rastakhan (who wants to join the Horde) and Zul (who wants to destroy the Horde) we fight his second in command in Atal'Dazar.

Skycapp'n Krag from Hearthstone is the first boss in Freehold.
I heard out there that Maiev was killing Nightborne and Blood Elf.

is it true that quelthalas is safe?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
The War against the Legion wasn't a War?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:48 PM

Banished

Did any important night elf characters got killed?

Funny thing: The Scourge couldn't do a thing to this city but the Horde made it.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
You have a Sunwell that can put up a nigh impenetrable shield if prepared properly. I'm thinking Quel'thelas is pretty damn safe, and no longer accepting pilgrims.
I imagine that blue-eyed elves are fine. those mutants void is something else
Old 11-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Elune

Fighting the Horde is both good and morally correct.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Long term I'd want the faction war to subside, but I think that that is an idiotic idea as long as certain characters and factions were characterized in such an evil manor.

Ignoring, what happened in Gilneas, Hillsbrad, and Sylvanas' use of plague and resurrection would just be a massive hole.

Do things that address the biggest divides between the factions so that peace between the two can make sense and not feel contrived.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

This was literally me during the moment he mentioned ice cream.

and I fucking love the gritty stuff in BFA.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Arch-Druid

The floodgates are open. Alliance and carebears dehydrating on all fronts.

I'd be a riot if they added Naga for Night Elves mid expansion when Azshara appears/is defeated. Dark Iron are cool but Lightforged are so meh.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I'm 75% sure that those big fat Kul Tirian Human will be a sub race, or whatever they are called.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:57 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I wish Blizzard would stop making these drippy trailers with a character monologuing about their beliefs. They're so tiresome at this point and they absolutely have the technology to do better.

Also I wish they'd just stop trying to do things with Jaina, who's basically a totally different person now.

So uh, I guess we're kind of going back to the old World again. I like that. I always feel like the more we get away from the core world of Azeroth the less interesting the game is.

Sick of the dumb faction war, because it's never done particularly well. And the opening cinematic was pretty meh. Lotta shouting, lotta action that wasn't even particularly exciting.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Suramar now is a capital of the horde I guess. I really like that city
Old 11-03-2017, 09:06 PM

Warden

Quote:

I never meant to imply the logic was justified, just that the precedent exists in-universe and out of stupid reasons for stupid things. None of this is surprising.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I wish Blizzard would stop making these drippy trailers with a character monologuing about their beliefs. They're so tiresome at this point and they absolutely have the technology to do better.

Also I wish they'd just stop trying to do things with Jaina, who's basically a totally different person now.
Less talking in cinematics, period. I just don't get it; these characters sound fine in-game, but ever since Cataclysm, as soon as they're prerendered it's like the voice actors are told to deliberately speak in cadences and pitches that real people don't naturally use to speak, so it all ends up sounding hammy and unnatural.

Consequently the voice work during quests and in-game cinematics sounds better directed than that of the fancy release trailers.

In fact...on second thought I actually can imagine why they might do it. Starting with Deathwing's they've probably been deliberately tailoring the trailers to be variably chopped up and spliced for use in advertising on television and Youtube, so the voice recording is coached to be shouty and overly dramatic so they can punctuate the sound beats in a commercial.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-03-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 09:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:

It's been WarCraft all along.

Another faction war just brings the irrational people with nothing useful to say back out of the woodwork.

WoW's factions are tailor-made for stupid people. It's a brainless story and gaming mechanic for brainless people who have difficulty coping with non-binary comprehension.
I actually got to see that on reddit. I liked how you worded your post and added it to my own and got this guy raging at me for 'making shit up'.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:18 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I actually love the idea of an expansion being faction war centered. I am just worried they will go down the Cataclysm route...

Anyhow - If more sub races are planned, I had an idea to introduce Pandaria (Once again) to the faction war spotlight without being the center of the expansion; and way of making Pandaren perhaps ...Relevant again. Somehow? In their respective factions that is. Now Huojin and Tushui won't be Horde or Alliance specific as it was focused in MoP. I can see many in the Alliance incorporating Huojin ideals into the Alliance's strong traditional roots - Acting, taking back lost ancestral lands. While many in the Horde like Trolls and Tauren can mesh well with Tushui. I digress. I suppose the Pandaren "Subraces" would be from Mainland Pandaria opposed from the Isle.

Alliance: Kun-Lai Pandaren - The more hardy folk of the Pandaren stock. The Pandaren of Kun-Lai pride themselves of keeping tradition, having guarded close to the Vale. But in recent times, the Zandalari have assaulted, invaded and occupied their land; waking up their former slaver masters, the Mogu from the past. Constantly fighting over land with the Yaungol, one can wonder why the Pandaren of Kun-Lai are more intimidating and socially aggressive than their brethren.

-But with the renewed conflict, the Zandalari storm the shores of Kun-Lai once more. Not in the name of their crazed prophet, but in the name of the Horde. Recruiting the warlike Yaungol under the banner of the Horde, the Pandaren of Kun-Lai look towards the Alliance in safeguarding their precious summit.

I'd wager with that. A noticeable difference could be say; Kun-Lai Pandaren are more tall, burly - Warrior-like. Grizzly?

The Horde: Pandaren from Krasarang join with the Horde - More agile and tactical Pandaren; fielding the more covert Shado-Pan. Alliance incursions into Krasarang, and exploitation of the region's resources have displaced the locals. Namely by force.

I know Pandaren probably won't get subraces and the like, but seeing Pandaria and the Pandaren back in some relevancy to the factions again would be neat.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:23 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Wait they were talking during the trailers?

I really didnt pay any attention to that.

also fuck the lore.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft