Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 07-25-2019, 06:34 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Really? I don't think the core belief set of either has changed all that much. It's just coming out in an unfiltered way.
You think the Republicans of today are the Republics of the 1860s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
You think the Republicans of today are the Republics of the 1860s?
Is this a serious question? I was responding to Mutters' question which seemed to be predicated on the party status quo of the last few decades.

But to answer your question: absolutely not, they are not the same as 150 years ago. No shit.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:22 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

So is anybody going to point out Acosta, who ensured Epstein walked free years ago (and has since been jailed for running a pedophile ring), wound up in a position (Secretary of Labor) where he oversaw the enforcement of human trafficking law and then hundreds of children from concentration camps were mysteriously "lost?"
Member #14
Old 07-26-2019, 06:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
So is anybody going to point out Acosta, who ensured Epstein walked free years ago (and has since been jailed for running a pedophile ring), wound up in a position (Secretary of Labor) where he oversaw the enforcement of human trafficking law and then hundreds of children from concentration camps were mysteriously "lost?"
Also, the Marines, apparently. Trumpists were so busy sticking it to the football man sitting down and respecting the troops that they overlooked the Marines smuggling people.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/26/74556...ng-drug-crimes

Edit: Good Fucking Grief..

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell squashed two bills intended to ensure voting security on Thursday, just one day after former special counsel Robert Mueller warned that Russians were attempting to sabotage the 2020 presidential elections "as we sit here."
https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mccon...russia-1451361

The less democratic elections are, the more Republicans win. They are well aware of this fact.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 07-26-2019 at 06:17 PM..
Old 07-26-2019, 06:59 PM

Elune

Quote:

The less democratic elections are, the more Republicans win. They are well aware of this fact.
Conservatives don't care about American sovereignty, just power. They'd rather see the nation conquered by foreign powers than be more progressive. At this point, they're effectively a fifth column and every day they prove themselves to be the domestic enemy I affirmed an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-27-2019 at 12:50 PM..
Old 07-28-2019, 03:00 PM

Elune

And now the military is being used as concentration camp guards. This is illegal and those that are following this unlawful order are culpable.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9023591.html

Still no comment on this from the people that were terrified of Jade Helm.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-28-2019 at 04:23 PM..
Old 07-28-2019, 09:32 PM

World Builder

Quote:

Quote:
Election Systems & Software's CEO Tom Burt did speak in favor of creating paper trails for digital election systems and urged Congress to pass legislation requiring states to do so. Election Systems & Software has said it no longer sells machines without paperless ballots, so a rule change would benefit them.
Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't this incentivize mitch to pass the change?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 07-29-2019, 10:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't this incentivize mitch to pass the change?
No, saying this just lets the CEO cover his ass.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:32 PM

World Builder

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-04-2019, 05:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9038456.html

You jinxed it!

Sry, i can't feel anything but completely numb to this at this point. This aparrently is what 'Murica wants because they just can't be arsed to do anything about it.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 08-04-2019, 05:41 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9038456.html

You jinxed it!

Sry, i can't feel anything but completely numb to this at this point. This aparrently is what 'Murica wants because they just can't be arsed to do anything about it.
He jinxed it good.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...518001731.html

Pew pew pew, 'Murica!
Old 08-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Elune

It's almost like plastering all media with shooters and treating them like rock stars encourages more.
https://www.apa.org/news/press/relea...edia-contagion

American culture is very clear: If you want your voice to be heard and for everyone to read into your life story and your manifesto, go shoot some innocent people.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 08-04-2019 at 11:49 AM..
Old 08-04-2019, 02:52 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
It's almost like plastering all media with shooters and treating them like rock stars encourages more.
https://www.apa.org/news/press/relea...edia-contagion

American culture is very clear: If you want your voice to be heard and for everyone to read into your life story and your manifesto, go shoot some innocent people.
I'm tired of this narrative that they're doing it for fame, because the implication is if we ignore this type of thing, maybe it will go away. And that is stupidly naive and dangerous. A lack of publicity isn't going to stop people from doing this. The idea that knowing these people's names and what inspired them may inspire the next does not hold water. A law abiding civilian doesn't radicalize overnight because they learned their name or what they looked like. So what if they did it for fame? Denying it to them out of spite might feel satisfying, but it doesn't actually address anything. These people weren't radicalized by watching the nightly news, they were radicalized on 8chan and Stormfront.

The motivation is political, like any act of terror, and the public needs to understand who these people are, what to look out for, how to prevent the next one. Shine a bright light on the communities; the rhetoric and ideology that inspires these people, get their wretched beliefs into the public consciousness. This toxic worldview thrives in the dark corners of the internet, behind layers of irony and memes, where they have plausible deniability and the average person will actually buy into the whole 'lone wolf psychopath' narrative.

Last edited by Saranus; 08-04-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Old 08-04-2019, 09:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
I'm tired of this narrative that they're doing it for fame, because the implication is if we ignore this type of thing, maybe it will go away. And that is stupidly naive and dangerous. A lack of publicity isn't going to stop people from doing this. The idea that knowing these people's names and what inspired them may inspire the next does not hold water. A law abiding civilian doesn't radicalize overnight because they learned their name or what they looked like. So what if they did it for fame? Denying it to them out of spite might feel satisfying, but it doesn't actually address anything. These people weren't radicalized by watching the nightly news, they were radicalized on 8chan and Stormfront.

The motivation is political, like any act of terror, and the public needs to understand who these people are, what to look out for, how to prevent the next one. Shine a bright light on the communities; the rhetoric and ideology that inspires these people, get their wretched beliefs into the public consciousness. This toxic worldview thrives in the dark corners of the internet, behind layers of irony and memes, where they have plausible deniability and the average person will actually buy into the whole 'lone wolf psychopath' narrative.
You're welcome to tell the APA that they're wrong.

And it's not necessarily about "fame." It's about being heard and furthering their agenda.

Anyway, Cloudflare is now terminating services for 8chan.
https://new.blog.cloudflare.com/term...ice-for-8chan/
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 08-04-2019 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:

I read that the Ohio guy had a "hit list" and a "rape list". His sister was among the victims, and I didn't hear about him targeting a specific group. That sounds like trenchcoat mafia stuff... just shooting people for the sake of shooting people.

It's something special about America, which may include racism but is definitely not exclusively caused by it.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
I read that the Ohio guy had a "hit list" and a "rape list". His sister was among the victims, and I didn't hear about him targeting a specific group. That sounds like trenchcoat mafia stuff... just shooting people for the sake of shooting people.

It's something special about America, which may include racism but is definitely not exclusively caused by it.
This sounds like willful ignorance. There's no "may include". It definitely includes racism. But yes, there are plenty of racists out there who don't decide to massacre people, so obviously there are other factors. Dayton did not seem to have a poltical motive. El Paso had a obvious political motivation, the guy drove down there explicitly to kill migrants, he left a manifesto. As for the ones that are political in nature, which is quite a few... well, I'll give you one guess what brand of politics it is. Don't buy the "lone wolf" rhetoric. Remember as well: Christchurch, Toronto, Maga bomber, Charleston, Gilroy, and so on...

There is a false equivalency going around that because the El Paso shooter did have a manifesto and a political motive, that all mass shootings are okay to politicize. The common threads here are that mental health and gun control are not take seriously, I'll give you that. There's one party that holds most of the blame for doing jack shit about it.

This is a clear pattern, please dig your head out of the sand if you're still not sure. What happened in El Paso seems to me to be a pretty direct result of the shit coming out of Trump's mouth and twitter feed: https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...dy-maga-2019-3

Last edited by Saranus; 08-05-2019 at 11:14 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
This sounds like willful ignorance.
Quote:
This is a clear pattern, please dig your head out of the sand if you're still not sure. What happened in El Paso seems to me to be a pretty direct result of the shit coming out of Trump's mouth and twitter feed: https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...dy-maga-2019-3
Dude. All I said was that the Dayton shooter didn't seem to have racist motivations. This reminded me of Columbine-style shootings of the past, indicating that not everything is racism, but that there's some common thread in American culture today that gets people shooting.

https://www.apnews.com/83e222c2be834d1fb3b472f9f77aabb2
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/day...lassmates-say/

Phrases like "willful ignorance" and "head out of the sand" are pretty bold, if you have no intention of contradicting my statement. So pull my head out of the sand. Does it look like the Dayton shooter was fueled by racist or anti-immigration rhetoric?
Old 08-05-2019, 12:10 PM

Elune

Trenchcoat mafia stuff was racist stuff. It wasn't shooting people for the sake of shooting people. This was kind of buried at the time as the mainstream outlets talked about video games and Marilyn Manson (like Fox News is doing right now, btw), but the subculture in which the Columbine shooters immersed themselves was far right, neo-Nazi, white nationalist culture. It was the same underground current of ideology which spawned the Waco, TX incident and Timothy McVeigh.

But to your point, no I already acknowledged that the Dayton shooter did not seem to have a political motive.

I was taking issue with your final statement where the modern trend of mass shootings "may" include racism. I wanted to put that notion to bed. Racism was 100% the motive in El Paso, as it was in Gilroy, CA. Many of these massacres are very clearly racist in motivation.

Last edited by Saranus; 08-05-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Trenchcoat mafia stuff was racist stuff. It wasn't shooting people for the sake of shooting people. This was kind of buried at the time as the mainstream outlets talked about video games and Marilyn Manson (like Fox News is doing right now, btw), but the subculture in which the Columbine shooters immersed themselves was far right, neo-Nazi, white nationalist culture. It was the same underground current of ideology which spawned the Waco, TX incident and Timothy McVeigh.
Hmm... so it turns out we were both wrong. Them being in a group called "trenchcoat mafia" and them being white nationalists were both errors reported by the media.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/tren...olumbine-myths
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric..._Dylan_Klebold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris, regarding his burglary of a vehicle
Isnt america supposed to be the land of the free? how come, If im free, I cant deprive some fucking dumbshit from his possessions If he leaves them sitting in the front seat of his fucking van in plain sight in the middle of fucking nowhere on a fri-fucking-day night? Natural selection. Fucker should be shot.
Charming. They were obsessed with the body counts of McVeigh and Hitler but also the Vietnam War in general - they wanted to kill more people and make more headlines. This guy's idea of "natural selection" was to put everyone in a Doom 2 situation and see who survives. Apparently they didn't even mean to do it on Hitler's birthday; seems they'd planned for the day before. If you can link me with any reference to them thinking less of Jews, blacks, hispanics, Arabs, etc., it'll be the first I've read.

Quote:
But to your point, no I already acknowledged that the Dayton shooter did not seem to have a political motive.

I was taking issue with your final statement where the modern trend of mass shootings "may" include racism. I wanted to put that notion to bed. Racism was 100% the motive in El Paso, as it was in Gilroy, CA. Many of these massacres are very clearly racist in motivation.
Ah. Thank you for explaining that; I had completely misunderstood you!

When I said "may include racism", I did NOT mean it was debatable whether incidents like the El Paso shooting were racially motivated. I agree they were. What I meant was that there are several shootings that do not seem to even touch on racism. Including Dayton, Las Vegas, and yes, I believe Columbine.

We have a lovely little spectrum of death here in America. And nowadays I tend to lean more toward the crowd that drops blame on gun access and pro-gun culture.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-05-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Old 08-06-2019, 10:03 AM

World Builder

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-06-2019, 03:55 PM

Elune

The Party wants to ban wrongthink? Color me shocked. Shocked.
Member #14
Old 08-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Elune

Anyone else think Ted Cruz kind of looks like Ben Affleck now that he has grown a beard and has that salt and pepper look going?
Old 08-07-2019, 12:54 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Anyone else think Ted Cruz kind of looks like Ben Affleck now that he has grown a beard and has that salt and pepper look going?
I'm not sure how that's pertinent

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-07-2019, 04:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
No, he clearly looks much more like the zodiac killer.
Member #14
Old 08-07-2019, 04:48 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
I'm not sure how that's pertinent
People are allowed to comment on incidentals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president