Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Dryad

Shadow Orb Void Lords

Hey!

Discuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
This is literally worse than what you'd expect an obssessed, autistic teenage fanboy to write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Becoming the guardian must endow you in ways other than magical because Aegwynn's tits are nearly the size of her head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:13 PM

Eternal

I've thought of this for a while now. We now a Dark Naaru is called a Void God, who are below the so-called Void Lords (who are also different from the normal voidlords warlocks can summon and stuff.

What I'm wondering is if that Symbol is a sign of the "creation" so to speak, the representation of the primordial Light and Void. Thus, the Naaru, who are the pure representation of the Light in reality, and the Void Gods (who are Dark Naaru), who are the pure representation of the Void in reality, all wear those symbols.

Now, those voidlords would in turn bear that sign as a banner of sorts of their gods, and in turn the Void Lords who live in the Void also bear those signs. The question is if their equivalents, the "Light Lords" so to speak, also bear that symbol, if they even exist.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:14 PM

Eternal

I always did like Voidwalkers and friends more than Old Gods, but if they really are the same Void Lords who made Old Gods it feels weird. They've never been painted as being anywhere near that dangerous. Being stronger than the Naaru's Void Gods also feels weird, since those were always seen as the end-all be-all Voidwalker.

I'd be all for seeing Dimensius again though. It may even lead to playable Ethereals.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:32 PM

Eternal

Perhapa the ones we've seen have only been the tip of the iceberg. And what awaits in the Void are even more dangerous. We've been seeing Blizz expanding on void beings a bit, and they progressively get more and more deadly and interesting.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:36 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
What I'm wondering is if that Symbol is a sign of the "creation" so to speak, the representation of the primordial Light and Void. Thus, the Naaru, who are the pure representation of the Light in reality, and the Void Gods (who are Dark Naaru), who are the pure representation of the Void in reality, all wear those symbols.
That very top part does look a lot like a scale of sorts. It would be pretty nifty, symbolizing the balance of Light and Void. Are Blizzard that nifty?
Old 03-19-2016, 02:11 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
but if they really are the same Void Lords who made Old Gods it feels weird
Why? Void Lords are a race and probably those we've seen are just the weaker ones, while those that are really powerful can't appear in the physical universe.
Quote:
This is literally worse than what you'd expect an obssessed, autistic teenage fanboy to write.
Quote:
Becoming the guardian must endow you in ways other than magical because Aegwynn's tits are nearly the size of her head.
Quote:
Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Quote:
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:15 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeras View Post
Why? Void Lords are a race and probably those we've seen are just the weaker ones, while those that are really powerful can't appear in the physical universe.
That's not how Chronicle said it. All Void Lords can only manifest for a very short time, and they need to constantly consume mass and energy to do so. There aren't weaker ones. If Dimensius actually is a Void Lord he seemed way too weak.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:
That's not how Chronicle said it. All Void Lords can only manifest for a very short time, and they need to constantly consume mass and energy to do so. There aren't weaker ones. If Dimensius actually is a Void Lord he seemed way too weak.
Actually I think it said that only the strongest of the Void Lords can manifest and only for a limited time.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:38 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
Or he just hadn't "eaten" ever since he has destroyed Karesh and ended up in the middle of a Naaru Complex. Maybe the Naaru managed to imprison him, and after their infrastructure in the Netherstorm was compromised, someone let him out, leaving the diminished form of Dimensius to try and consume more matter for its existence.

Him being a "weak mob" ties greatly with Void Lord mechanics: after swallowing Karesh, he somehow got imprisoned by the Naaru, feeding upon its own surroundings to sustain, manifesting in a weak form. Compare him to Murmur: he was described as a super-powerful elemental being, capable of destroying worlds with the power of sound, yet because he didn't manifest fully on Draenor, he couldn't do just that to you. Dimensius is, similarly, a powerful being that destroyed worlds, yet due to <reasons> is not at its full power level at the moment.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:49 PM

Ranger

Quote:
I think the real question here, is why the hell voidcallers feel the need to wear rags over their heads ?

And lanterns. A bit weird for beings of darkness. Or is that portable snack for them ?

As for the Naaru/void relationship, I can't really tell, I haven't played enough WoW to see more than the one at the bottom of the Exodar and he doesn't do much.

From what I read those Naaru sound real fishy. They seems to mainly oppose the Legion, and not so much the Void guys. And now that Chronicles is out, that opposition to the Legion and not so much to the Void is somewhat suspicious.

Do we ever see those Naaru actively and directly confront the Void forces ?
Old 03-19-2016, 02:50 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Or he just hadn't "eaten" ever since he has destroyed Karesh and ended up in the middle of a Naaru Complex. Maybe the Naaru managed to imprison him, and after their infrastructure in the Netherstorm was compromised, someone let him out, leaving the diminished form of Dimensius to try and consume more matter for its existence.

Him being a "weak mob" ties greatly with Void Lord mechanics: after swallowing Karesh, he somehow got imprisoned by the Naaru, feeding upon its own surroundings to sustain, manifesting in a weak form. Compare him to Murmur: he was described as a super-powerful elemental being, capable of destroying worlds with the power of sound, yet because he didn't manifest fully on Draenor, he couldn't do just that to you. Dimensius is, similarly, a powerful being that destroyed worlds, yet due to <reasons> is not at its full power level at the moment.
If he hadn't eaten in a long time he'd have just faded back into the Void, not been weakened. That's how Chronicle made it seem, anyway.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:03 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
If he hadn't eaten in a long time he'd have just faded back into the Void, not been weakened. That's how Chronicle made it seem, anyway.
That's why I proposed that he's been eating on the matter or energy around him to stay in Reality. One way or another, he's not what he once was when he destroyed Karesh.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:06 PM

Loremaster

One will recall that Dimensius only successfully conquered and destroyed K'aresh once he started summoning more void spawn; prior to that the Ethereals had actually been capitalizing on their newly energy-based forms to fight back and hold Dimensius at bay, along with the swarms of creatures from the Twisting Nether that had arrived with him.

It might be that summoning his armies constituted "bringing more of the void" into K'aresh, making Dimensius himself - like a living extension of the void - more powerful. At Manaforge Ultris Dimensius is accompanied by some other void creatures, but they hardly constitute an army, so he wasn't necessarily as powerful as he'd have been if he'd managed to call even more of them into the Netherstorm like he did on K'aresh, before the player and the Protectorate defeated him.

EDIT: By-the-by, the presence of Dimensius and the other void spawn in Netherstorm was indicated to be accidental, as a result of Manaforge Ultris exploding and ripping a tear in reality when the blood elves overtaxed it.

Last edited by ARM3481; 03-19-2016 at 04:12 PM..
Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morvant View Post
I think the real question here, is why the hell voidcallers feel the need to wear rags over their heads ?

And lanterns. A bit weird for beings of darkness. Or is that portable snack for them ?
Maybe since they are quite weak and can't do that themselves, they need some physical object to hold them together?

Lantern still make no sence though
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2016, 04:27 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Void lanterns, man.

Casting shadow so they can see where they're going in all this Light.

Incidentally...
Old 03-19-2016, 04:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
nor a patchwork cloak. but aethestic , friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Wow, somehow I never made that connection.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Void lanterns, man.

Incidentally...
Nice catch!

BTW, the voidcaller's lanterns "bridge the realms of the living and the dead, and often attract wayward ghosts and spirits" (as per Pet Journal).

Maybe Voidcaller dwelve in the Shadowlands?

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 03-19-2016, 04:44 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Void lanterns, man.

Incidentally...
Why don't the other voidwalkers have those then?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2016, 04:52 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Maybe it depends on what they're trying to see.

That Void Lantern item allows one to look into the "void realm," so perhaps the voidcaller types benefit in some way from being able to do that.

Perhaps that name itself - voidcaller - refers to them looking/delving back into the void from the physical universe and calling out other void spawn.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Nice catch!

BTW, the voidcaller's lanterns "bridge the realms of the living and the dead, and often attract wayward ghosts and spirits" (as per Pet Journal).

Maybe Voidcaller dwelve in the Shadowlands?
I always thought, based on that description, that they attracted ghosts in order to suck them up.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:56 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Because Xan, the Lord of Glass, did not see fit to gift them one.

Anyways, they're probably used to extend their stay, instead of allowing them to see. If the lantern is "necrophotic", it creates an environment that is more suited for their constitution, and they don't have to return to their own realm as quickly. Basically, it introduces a small part of the void realm into the Great Dark Beyond. Said environment would also suit ghosts and spirits, which attracts them to the voidwalkers who have the suitable equipment. Voidwalkers who're lacking the lanterns are either weaker than those who do, due to not having such convenient tools, or are strong enough to not need them.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Eternal

And then there's the Void Revenant, who looks much cooler than any of those.

The idea of the Naaru actually being evil and helping us only so we can destroy Sargeras is really terrifying.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:00 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Void lanterns, man.

I actually like that idea a lot .

The voidwalkers don't need any 'cause they are youngsters that still have a good day-sight. Also they have no respect for their elder and don't even wear the traditional spooky tattered cloak that any respectable being of darkness should wear. It's all about who has the the biggest emeralds on his bracers nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
nor a patchwork cloak. but aethestic , friend.
No ! I refuse the tyranny of the Justification By Aesthetic ! I shall fight for the rule of the Pointlessly Convoluted Explanation of Minor Details !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
The idea of the Naaru actually being evil and helping us only so we can destroy Sargeras is really terrifying.
I don't imagine them being evil, but more about preserving some sort of cosmic balance between Light and Darkness. Which might or might not be a question of survival for them, considering their weird "life" cycle. And they would be seeing the Legion as upsetting said cosmic balance.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:05 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morvant View Post
No ! I refuse the tyranny of the Justification By Aesthetic ! I shall fight for the rule of the Pointlessly Convoluted Explanation of Minor Details !
Maybe they aren't comfortable with themselves, and choose to cover up their appearance in order to avoid ridicule from pesky mortal adventurers.

Tags
lore, older gods, speculation, void