Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 09-13-2016, 09:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Anyway that do you guys think about this latest craze in some parts of the internet to classify Nazism as a left based ideology? Is Nazism left, right or neither?
Hitler was so big on a 'new morality' that it doesn't really fit well on a left-right spectrum imo, but I guess with the military focus and traditionalism it could be said to have right wing elements?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-13-2016, 09:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
I know, I was just using it to make a joke

Anyway that do you guys think about this latest craze in some parts of the internet to classify Nazism as a left based ideology? Is Nazism left, right or neither?
I think it's mostly an example of how the left-right spectrum isn't that helpful. Prior to Trump, American Republicans tended to define right wing as pro-free trade and small government, neither of which applied to the Third Reich. Hence, they called it left-wing.

At the same time, it was very nationalistic and sort of traditional (I say sort of because the mockup of German culture wasn't necessarily authentic), which is more of a right-wing trait.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 09-13-2016, 11:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
It's not really something of late. These tendencies arose as far as World War II goes actually, and they were even heavily debated by the academics at times.

As for myself, I am particularly fond of the Counter Centre, Anti Centre or Alternative Centre denominations. They stem from the idea that it combined way too many elements from both the Left and Right, yet it stood in opposite to what most of the classic centrist parties represented.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:55 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
I know, I was just using it to make a joke

I consider it more left leaning than right leaning.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-14-2016, 04:58 AM

Echo of the Past

A lot of the fluff and flavors are associated with the right. Unlike communist culture, traditionalism is celebrated. There is a role for God and religion. In places like England, there is a role for the monarchy. There is a role for private property and businesses. And among neo-nazi elements, they are more likely to vote a conservative over a liberal candidate, even if they hate both.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:12 AM

Elune

If the Nazis hadn't failed then Nazism would have become a German Islam, a semi-religious political cult that dictated nearly every aspect of life.

Fun fact: there are FBI documents about Hitler living in Argentina after the war.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:37 AM

Banished

https://zombiemeditations.com/2016/0...-for-alliance/

Check out that post. It really links to what we're talking about.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:10 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
https://zombiemeditations.com/2016/0...-for-alliance/

Check out that post. It really links to what we're talking about.
(reads article about Jewish overrepresentation in colleges, business leadership, politics, etc.)

So are you suggesting Jews have higher IQs?

(does a quick search)

Hey, they do. Good find, Galdus! http://immortallife.info/articles/en...i-jews-so-high

EDIT: Follow-up. In most of those graphs and tables you link with whiteys doing so well, how many of those whiteys do you suppose are ethnic Jews?
Old 09-14-2016, 06:53 PM

Banished

Even Whitey Gentile countries score in the 100s. Especially America once you stop listing Dindus in IQ scores.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Even Whitey Gentile countries score in the 100s. Especially America once you stop listing Dindus in IQ scores.
Tell me why the Jews score higher.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:35 PM

Banished

Old 09-14-2016, 07:59 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Okay. So that link you posted about Jewish overrepresentation in positions of power... if it's true, then it's not really a problem. Because smarter races deserve to be in those positions, right?
Old 09-14-2016, 08:33 PM

Banished

Tell that to the SJWs chimpingout over the lack of Blacks and Illegals in STEM or actual sciences.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:50 PM

Elune

@Marthen, yeah I know it was always an opinion that existed (Third Position is an old idea, not exactly Nazi but closely tied to it) but right now it is very popular online, perhaps the most popular it has ever been.

I also feel it is neither. It did have desires and actual plans to focus on "the people" (left) but it certainly never planned to do away with a hierarchical structure (right). Economically it was all about big plans and projects, about increasing prosperity (left) but it didn't ban free enterprise or property and even had buddy-buddy relations with big business (right... mostly). It was fiercely nationalist (right), imperialist (right), totalitarian (left... mostly), highly militaristic (right... mostly), corporatist (right)...

It just doesn't fit any mold but it is mostly right which is why it was often called rightwing even if it is best described as it's own thing.

@Grackle, it is curious how parts of this neoreactionary right (as well as some white nationalists) have this almost fetishization of Jews. They see Jews as having won and more or less ruling the world. Which is a huge defeat for them and even if in truth illusory they had to deal with this massive issue. Hence that Jews are very smart and capable is often heard from them. But since most of them don't like the Jews they tend to also believe that whites are virtuous and smart while Jews are crooked and smart. That Jews use their intellect to divide, rule, subjugate and probably eventually obliterate all others while whites use it to better their societies and all of the world consequently.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:52 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Okay. So that link you posted about Jewish overrepresentation in positions of power... if it's true, then it's not really a problem. Because smarter races deserve to be in those positions, right?
Baron, stop trying to make the poor thing's head explode.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:30 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Tell that to the SJWs chimpingout over the lack of Blacks and Illegals in STEM or actual sciences.
But... it was the link you provided in which the writers were chimping out. Tell them.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:43 PM

Banished

You must have talked about another link since that didn't happen in the one I posted.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:24 AM

Arch-Druid

Old 09-16-2016, 11:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
They should organize a state funded matchmaking agency, fight the population decline
Old 09-16-2016, 11:53 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
They should organize a state funded matchmaking agency, fight the population decline
There's actually a cute romance manga based upon that idea. A unit of
supercomputers match peoples personalities and genetical traits to find the optimal partner.
One example has a pair that at first do not like each others but they then discover that they were already in love but anonymously through an MMOG.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-16-2016, 06:30 PM

Banished

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...et-obama-pact/

Looks like we'll have to build some camps.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

I always know I can rely on Galdus for the best sources.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
There's actually a cute romance manga based upon that idea. A unit of
supercomputers match peoples personalities and genetical traits to find the optimal partner.
One example has a pair that at first do not like each others but they then discover that they were already in love but anonymously through an MMOG.
Even if I meant it as a joke, it is an idea that has been floated around by several governments as a response to dropping population numbers and the mentally destructive isolationism that is far too prevalent today. Russia sure could use it.

And as Destron said ridiculously sounding things like socialization classes and programs to get people out of the house might become a necessity soon. Or not, shut-ins are easy to control or rather require no control at all.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
If the Nazis hadn't failed then Nazism would have become a German Islam, a semi-religious political cult that dictated nearly every aspect of life.

Fun fact: there are FBI documents about Hitler living in Argentina after the war.

Nice Try asswipe.
http://www.creationtheory.org/Essays/Hitler.xhtml

Hitler was by no means as much of a fan of islam as you would think. If anything he loved christianity. Socially the nazis were uber patriots and militarists. They also gave businesses cushy privileges as time passed. They were a bastardization of left and right economically. Socially? VERY right wing. Republicans would have been best pals with him
Old 09-16-2016, 09:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Even if I meant it as a joke, it is an idea that has been floated around by several governments as a response to dropping population numbers and the mentally destructive isolationism that is far too prevalent today. Russia sure could use it.

And as Destron said ridiculously sounding things like socialization classes and programs to get people out of the house might become a necessity soon. Or not, shut-ins are easy to control or rather require no control at all.
I can see them adding socialization classes to schools. I'm less keen on having mandatory ones for adults though; that sounds pretty sinister.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black