Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-05-2014, 01:50 PM

Elune

Default Darnassian Night Elf Holdings

So, taking into account that the Cenarion Circle is not the same as Darnassus, and it's lands don't apply, what land is left for the Night Elves?

Let's take a look at what they control and the state of it.

Felwood is largely Cenarion Circle controlled. It's also uninhabitable and fel tainted.

Silithus is Circle controlled.

Moonglade is Circle controlled.

A Third of Darnassus is Circle controlled, with the Druids heavily in control of Moonwells and moral lessons

The Barrow Dens are, presumably, circle controlled.

Darnassus has bits of Ashenvale, but how much is circle and how much is Darnassus? The trees helmed by Druids and forest creatures are undoubtedly Circle, as Druids and the Circle don't partake in the war large scale unless directly threatened or it involves their work.. Then you have the volcano, the burning forests and the deforestation.

Stonetalon is largely destroyed.

Darkshore can solidly be placed in Darnassus control, but it's always been nearly uninhabitable, and now with large chunks of land destroyed, burning and fel tainted (or plague tainted, whatever) it's even worse.

Darnassus has parts of Feralas under control, but it's split with Ogres and Horde.

I would assume Hyjal is Cenarion controlled...

Is it time to disband DArnassus and the Night Elven Governement as we have been seeing it and merge it with the Circle?

I think, at this point, the Circle actually holds more lands than the Night Elves, and they certainly hold more sway over Darnassus with the Kaldorei spirit being a druid entity, Barrow Dens being all over Darnassus, ect.

So whats the distinction here... It's a good idea to space out who has what land, and remind ourselves that "Night Elves" come in two different governmental flavors.

Ashenvale is certainly under Night Elven control post SoO... But is it under Darnassian control?

With the splitting of Druidism and it's organization, them being their own government strong enough to have a massive embassy within Teldrassil, strong enough to be exempt from TYrande and her laws (her hands were tied with Fandral because of it), I think it's a good time for the player base to evaluate the respective strength of the two nations, and see which one is the stronger.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 05-05-2014 at 02:00 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 02:11 PM

Eternal

I like to think that if Felwood is ever fully cleansed, it'll be handed over to Darnassian control. As for the Cenarion Enclave, I don't think it belongs to the Cenarion Circle and not Darnassus. It's just where they work out of. Plus, it started out as Fandral's place, and Fandral was depicted as being closer politically with Darnassus than the circle.

I think it's a bit silly to say that the Kaldorei state should merge with the Circle. Like I was alluding to with Felwood, I don't think the Circle is the type of organization that takes land and keeps it. They're in Silithus because of the silithid/qiraji. They're in Felwood because of the rampant fel poisoning. They're in Mt. Hyjal because the place is in serious need of restoration. They're in Moonglade because it's their base, etc.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but IMO not all neutral organizations are created equal. The Cenarion Circle is not the Argent Crusade.

I will say, for the record, that I wish the Circle was never a thing to begin with. Night Elf druids should've stayed part of the Kaldorei state, and Tauren druids should've been given some other reason for how they learned to become druids.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:12 PM

World Builder

Runes

The playable factions feeling more like offshoots than independent nations is a bad thing

The circle, like the argent dawn, were cooler when they wete small groups who set asise legit and meaningful greivances, rather than large groups calling the player factions petty

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-05-2014, 02:19 PM

Eternal

I don't think that the Circle fundamentally 'controls' any territory at all. Nighthaven is neutral ground, sure, but it feels more like it is under lease to the Circle. Darnassus more than likely administratively governs territories like Moonglade. However, they lease it out to the Circle, given that Malfurion is the leader of the organisation.

It is somewhat like a supranational organisation. It allows both enemy parties to participate together in co-operative endeavours, but requires that one also participate in 'giving' equipment to the organisation to use. In this case, that equipment is land, like Nighthaven. In return, the Circle works in multilateral way to deal with problems that one party would have trouble dealing with, like the Felwood corruption or Qiraj problem.

I imagine that Darnassus could revoke these grants at any time. I don't know why they'd want to, though, given Malfurion's dual role.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
I don't think that the Circle fundamentally 'controls' any territory at all. Nighthaven is neutral ground, sure, but it feels more like it is under lease to the Circle. Darnassus more than likely administratively governs territories like Moonglade. However, they lease it out to the Circle, given that Malfurion is the leader of the organisation.

It is somewhat like a supranational organisation. It allows both enemy parties to participate together in co-operative endeavours, but requires that one also participate in 'giving' equipment to the organisation to use. In this case, that equipment is land, like Nighthaven. In return, the Circle works in multilateral way to deal with problems that one party would have trouble dealing with, like the Felwood corruption or Qiraj problem.

I imagine that Darnassus could revoke these grants at any time. I don't know why they'd want to, though, given Malfurion's dual role.
I don't think that's currently possible with the Cenarion Circle as we know it though.

The Circle was formed for the sole purpose of being outside any external Government control. So they could act on nature threats without needing permission and such. By taking land on lease, it gives Darnassus certain control. Fandral was in Darnassus, but I don't think he was politically closer to Darnassus. In fact, I can "swear" some of the quest text said there was absolutely nothing Tyrande could do to even investigate Fandral because of his station. He was essentially a foreign diplomat within Darnassian land and as long as he was in the enclave, he had a diplomatic immunity.

And while we could think that the Circle would give the land back to Darnassus, what evidence is there of this? It's not really happened yet, and I don't think it really fits the circles MO.. I mean, yes, you can argue that Malfurion being the duo lead is a reason for the Circle to play ball... But doesn't that work both ways? Especially with Tyrande's roles being decreased and split amongst the Government? It certainly seems like she's been leaving Malfurion to do the more administrative stuff and her going back to a combat focused role.

We often see Darnassus troops lent out to the Circle, but not really the other way around. Warden and Jarod are a prime example.

It's certainly portrayed as Darnassus being the underdog in the relationship.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Fandral was in Darnassus, but I don't think he was politically closer to Darnassus. In fact, I can "swear" some of the quest text said there was absolutely nothing Tyrande could do to even investigate Fandral because of his station. He was essentially a foreign diplomat within Darnassian land and as long as he was in the enclave, he had a diplomatic immunity.
I remember Vanilla-era lore that Fandral and the Cenarion Circle disagreed about growing Teldrassil. Or at least the current leaders of the Circle disagreed. And that he also disagreed with letting the Tauren into the Circle. Plus, he made his home in Darnassus, not Nighthaven. That spoke volumes, IMO.

I don't really remember anything specific about Tyrande's authority over him, but I always thought of it that as a Priestess, Tyrande had no authority over druids. And as a druid, Fandral had no authority over the Temple. It was less that he was viewed as a foreign diplomat and more that Kaldorei society was very regimented between the male-dominated druids and female-dominated priestesses and sentinels. That's how I interpreted it, at least.

Quote:
And while we could think that the Circle would give the land back to Darnassus, what evidence is there of this? It's not really happened yet, and I don't think it really fits the circles MO
I guess we just have a fundamentally different interpretation of the Cenarion Circle. I see it as a neutral organization that is dedicated to healing and protecting nature. Once their job is done in any given hotspot, I imagine they would move on. You apparently see them as a national power that has designs on acquiring and holding territory. I simply disagree.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Eternal

I think it is doubtful that Night Elven government just handed over complete control of Nighthaven to the Cenarion Circle when they moved to Darnassus. It is quite clear that they still considered these lands sacred, and 'theirs'. There is some kind of symbiotic relationship, of landlord and tenant, otherwise it just makes the Night Elves look dumb.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
I think it is doubtful that Night Elven government just handed over complete control of Nighthaven to the Cenarion Circle when they moved to Darnassus. It is quite clear that they still considered these lands sacred, and 'theirs'. There is some kind of symbiotic relationship, of landlord and tenant, otherwise it just makes the Night Elves look dumb.
Except Nighthaven was never the "Darnassus" capital. That was RPG information, and thus non-canon.

Quote:
I remember Vanilla-era lore that Fandral and the Cenarion Circle disagreed about growing Teldrassil. Or at least the current leaders of the Circle disagreed. And that he also disagreed with letting the Tauren into the Circle. Plus, he made his home in Darnassus, not Nighthaven. That spoke volumes, IMO.
I remember Fandral and Malfurion arguing. I think Stormrage said the Circle agreed, and even the Sons of Cenarius and Ancients took place in the raising of Teldrassil, but it's memory, and I don't have the book to confirm anymore.

He made his home in Darnassus because he wanted to overthrow Tyrande (though, in hindsight, it could simply be because he was closer to the Old God Xavius branch that was controlling him)

Quote:
I guess we just have a fundamentally different interpretation of the Cenarion Circle. I see it as a neutral organization that is dedicated to healing and protecting nature. Once their job is done in any given hotspot, I imagine they would move on. You apparently see them as a national power that has designs on acquiring and holding territory. I simply disagree.
I think the Circle, much like the Argent Dawn, has grown beyond it's initial goals and now are interesting in things they previously had no interest in.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:18 PM

Revenant - Moderator

The Cenarion Circle was a night elf establishment that was just neutral enough to let the tauren in, and then just neutral enough to let the Horde help kill the Qiraji... then the naga of Zangarmarsh.

Really Cataclysm made them look bad, by letting the Horde help with Hyjal while the Horde clear-cut the forest further down the mountain. Then the Druids of the Flame had to be insane and omnicidal because they dared have a chance of striking back against the Horde.

Then there is that Tyrande and Malfurion "dynamic" going on.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Except Nighthaven was never the "Darnassus" capital. That was RPG information, and thus non-canon.
We don't know where the capital was, because of the decanonisation. Given that, the best bet is Nighthaven, and one should use that as a working idea.

Even if it wasn't the capital, it still would not've made sense to give over complete control over a large city.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Sometimes there's no visible difference between the Darnassus and the Cenarion Circle. The Circle fights to protect Nature, druids don't care about politics and territorial ownership as much as other factions do.
In a way, you can draw the line between the night elven and tauren druids. There were precedents, when the elven Cenarion druids fought for the Alliance even against the Horde. While tauren druids are usually represented as neutrals or Horde-aligned soldiers. One may think that the night elves from the Circle can practically officialy fight against the Horde together with the Darnassus. But such a thing cannot happen with the Cenarion tauren.
Who said that membership in the Circle makes an elven druid neutral? It's highly inlikely that the Cenarion Circle will ever be a full blown separate organization without any connections to Darnassus. Night elves were members of this organisation for centuries. Druidism permeates every aspect of the modern kaldorei society, night elven druid is usually a Cenarion druid too. While most of the tauren druids made a huge way to accept and understand elven teachings, these people are quite different from some bloodthirsty grunts.
Most likely, Darnassus just allowed Cenarion Circle to use some of their land, because Darnassus understands just and honest intentions of the druids. Even Garrosh viewed Nighthaven as enemy elven territory. It's not much of an argument, but it's worth being mentioned. And I'm pretty sure that Cenarion Enclave belongs to the Darnassus. At least, there are no tauren in the Enclave.
As for the kaldorei Cenarion druids fighting against the Horde, I think it's quite possible, but only if the Horde threatens Nature or night elves as a whole.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
We don't know where the capital was, because of the decanonisation. Given that, the best bet is Nighthaven, and one should use that as a working idea.

Even if it wasn't the capital, it still would not've made sense to give over complete control over a large city.
From the History of Warcraft books, Ashenvale was the ehart of the kaldorei civ' post-WotA.

In fact, Nighthaven didn't exist when the Circle was founded in CotW; they met in the wilds of the glade.

Plus, Remulos is the Keeper of Moonglade and his Majordomo on Nighthaven is Ravine Saturna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
And I'm pretty sure that Cenarion Enclave belongs to the Darnassus. At least, there are no tauren in the Enclave.
Due to game mechanics. In Stormage, Hamuul was easily allowed into the enclave.

Also... its an enclave.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post

Also... its an enclave.
Thankfully Blizzard didn't exploit that for the Horde. Horde druids have no problem serving the horde and the CC and will gladly assist the Horde in whatever it wants, while Night elven druids are far more likely to -not- assist the Alliance or the Night elves, but instead pursue a path of neutrality while the Kaldorei/Alliance bleeds and dies. I can easily see tauren and troll druids being sent to the CC enclave in Darnassus, then launching an assault on the capital, or a large force of tauren/troll druids using their abilities to infiltrate Teldrassil to help attack it.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Also... its an enclave.
Yes, but Hamuul is an archdruid, I doubt that someone of the lesser calibre would enter the night elven capital with the same ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
Thankfully Blizzard didn't exploit that for the Horde. Horde druids have no problem serving the horde and the CC and will gladly assist the Horde in whatever it wants, while Night elven druids are far more likely to -not- assist the Alliance or the Night elves, but instead pursue a path of neutrality while the Kaldorei/Alliance bleeds and dies. I can easily see tauren and troll druids being sent to the CC enclave in Darnassus, then launching an assault on the capital, or a large force of tauren/troll druids using their abilities to infiltrate Teldrassil to help attack it.
Cenarion elven druids fought against the Horde in the Alterac Valley.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Chimaera

'The night elf effect': going into any discussion about them, you will always find one more thing you didn't know they(devs) had already changed for the worse somewhere down the line.
Good thing I'm past swallowing that anymore, and will continue to treat Nighthaven as the capital before Darnassus was founded.

Instead of typing out my own stuff, let me just beat this old horse by doing a "what he said" from this post:

Quote:
The Cenarion Circle was a night elf establishment that was just neutral enough to let the tauren in, and then just neutral enough to let the Horde help kill the Qiraji... then the naga of Zangarmarsh.

Really Cataclysm made them look bad, by letting the Horde help with Hyjal while the Horde clear-cut the forest further down the mountain. Then the Druids of the Flame had to be insane and omnicidal because they dared have a chance of striking back against the Horde.
With the added fun fact that from an out-of-story perspective, there was no cenarion circle in official existence at all, before warcraft went MMO.
Go on and play Wc3. Unless you read between the lines to see what you want to see, I promise you it's not there.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

For the most part, in the recent lore, Night elven CC druids -aren't- loyal to the Alliance. Their loyalty to the Cenarion Circle is paramount and in one of the Alliance short stories, the Night elven druid actually attacked the alliance ship she was on because the captain of that ship was going to attack the Horde ship a tauren druid was on. The Night elf druid didn't want to see the tauren CC druid be killed, so she attacked the Alliance vessel instead. For her actions, she got a sword through the throat by the captain. Unfortunately, the druid's sister killed the captain and the ship sank. The NE druid committed treason and she deserved death for her actions.

It's also been noted in other stories, Wolfheart was one I believe (Ferlion/Ferliona knows the passages and books much better than I do), that Malfurion had to directly order the CC druids to help the Kaldorei, otherwise the CC druids would have stood around and watched while the Kaldorei were being slaughtered. The result is the tauren druids help the Horde far more and are perfectly willing to fight and kill 'Alliance' druids, while the 'Alliance' druids aren't very likely to fight and kill horde/Horde druids.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
'The night elf effect': going into any discussion about them, you will always find one more thing you didn't know they(devs) had already changed for the worse somewhere down the line.
Good thing I'm past swallowing that anymore, and will continue to treat Nighthaven as the capital before Darnassus was founded.
Even when that contradicted even the W3 manual?

Quote:
As the centuries passed, the night elves’ new society grew strong and expanded throughout the budding forest that they came to
call Ashenvale.
Many of the creatures and species that were abundant
before the Great Sundering, such as furbolgs and quilboars,
reappeared and flourished in the land.
Quote:
The demigod, Cenarius, remained nearby in the Moonglades of Mount Hyjal. His sons, known as the Keepers of the Grove, kept close watch on the night elves’ land and regularly helped the Sentinels maintain peace in the land. Even Cenarius’ shy daughters, the dryads, appeared in the open with increasing frequency.
Moonglade and Ashenvale have been two separate lands (and likely territories) since W3. It would be non-sense of Nighthaven was the capital.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a massive capital at all: maybe Tyrande ruled from the Temple of the Moon somewhere in Ashenvale and the elven population was scattered along their territories.

Teldrassil exist because Ashenvale (THE night elven land) became contested as of WoW. They had to move to another place: the new World Tree.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Cenarion Elven Druids fought against the Horde because the Horde's shamanistic magics were destabilizing nature, and a Druid who was there (the one who got killed in The Shattering) lost research or something. I forget the exact reason...

But the Druids were there not as soldiers of the Alliance, but as people protecting nature.

Quote:
It's also been noted in other stories, Wolfheart was one I believe (Ferlion/Ferliona knows the passages and books much better than I do), that Malfurion had to directly order the CC druids to help the Kaldorei, otherwise the CC druids would have stood around and watched while the Kaldorei were being slaughtered. The result is the tauren druids help the Horde far more and are perfectly willing to fight and kill 'Alliance' druids, while the 'Alliance' druids aren't very likely to fight and kill horde/Horde druids.
IT's Wolfheart, but it was both Malfurion and Tyrande who ordered Druids and Sentinels to try and work together. But it was a forced effort.

And Li-Li's travel journal, where the Druid betrayed the Alliance also said she was only there because she was ordered by Malfurion and Tyrande, and that her personal loyalty to the CC was greater than that of the Alliance.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 05-05-2014 at 04:35 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 04:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Moonglade and Ashenvale have been two separate lands (and likely territories) since W3. It would be non-sense of Nighthaven was the capital.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a massive capital at all: maybe Tyrande ruled from the Temple of the Moon somewhere in Ashenvale and the elven population was scattered along their territories.

Teldrassil exist because Ashenvale (THE night elven land) became contested as of WoW. They had to move to another place: the new World Tree.
Yay. Can't have an Alliance capital close to a Horde one after all.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Cenarion Elven Druids fought against the Horde because the Horde's shamanistic magics were destabilizing nature, and a Druid who was there (the one who got killed in The Shattering) lost research or something. I forget the exact reason...

But the Druids were there not as soldiers of the Alliance, but as people protecting nature.
Have you read my first post?

Quote:
As for the kaldorei Cenarion druids fighting against the Horde, I think it's quite possible, but only if the Horde threatens Nature or night elves as a whole.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Have you read my first post?
But you were responding to this.

Quote:
In once scenario, the Horde druids are attacking out of loyalty to the Horde.

In the AV scenario, the Druids were there not to aide the Alliance, or in the capacity of the Alliance, but as someone trying to keep the balance in nature in tact due to the crystals the Horde used being bad shaman ju-ju.

Noit, as a further point in regards to The Circle not holding land..

I respectfully point you to Felwood, where the Cenarion Circle accepted payment in order to allow the Horde to destroy the land and take oil. It was obviously treated as if they own the land, and if they are letting it's resources be depleted and accepting payment for it, I don't think it's something they would just give back.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 05-05-2014 at 04:39 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 05:08 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Quote:
As the centuries passed, the night elves’ new society grew strong and expanded throughout the budding forest that they came to
call Ashenvale. Many of the creatures and species that were abundant
before the Great Sundering, such as furbolgs and quilboars,
reappeared and flourished in the land.
The strong impression was given back in those times that Ashenvale was pretty much what they called their entire territory, before corruption gave reason to call Felwood by it's present name (and maybe Darkshore too, though I wouldn't bet on that one). Apply the same logic to Moonglade, which is never made a huge deal of going to visit in some decidedly different place from the general areas of present Ashenvale where the first two missions of the campaign take place, but is instead very much presented as "this one part of it(Ashenvale, as per the 'older' definition I gave) over here, where Malfurion sleeps."

At the very least, quilboars should be a dead giveaway that what you quoted is not talking only about the current in-game zone of Ashenvale.

Quote:
Cenarius, remained nearby in the Moonglades of Mount Hyjal.
Further proof that the descriptions you quoted aren't drawing the same zone lines as we see in WoW. If you're actually paying attention to the wording there, that is.

Oh, and if you want to throw around some more names of things to try and paint focus somewhere, check out the name of the lake that dominates the center of Moonglade.
Because everyone knows the name of the elves' revered goddess is something they throw out to a place they apparently never really considered a high-priority part of their homeland, if a part of it at all. Right?

Quote:
While I'm not arguing against Ashenvale being a majority of THE night elven homeland, the explicit reason given for Teldrassil's creation right in the night elf intro to WoW is trying to regain their immortality after Nordrassil was lost.
Which, unless you're reading between the lines again, has nothing to do with needing a place to settle. Sure it makes sense for elves who lost homes in felwood and the slopes of hyjal to go there, but the government moving there is a thing from the category of "contrivancies to benefit the horde" by virtue of, as someone pointed out, creating the perfect excuse for taking away the elves' actual home to make orcs look mean, another part of it to make deathwing and TH cultists look mean, and what I argue to be the heart of it by making it a neutral zone to shoot fireworks in.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a massive capital at all: maybe Tyrande ruled from the Temple of the Moon somewhere in Ashenvale
An otherwise sound theory that gets undermined by the fact that they suddenly needed one in a place where it doesn't make sense to have one anyway. Which at the very least suggests that they already had one somewhere. I will grant you that it probably wasn't quite as big though, as it wouldn't have been subject to the effects of the 'corrupted tree that is somehow more important than your actual home' -syndrome that formed Darnassus. While we're at it, let's toss in the idea that they inconveniently conjured up a lake in the higher parts of said giant tree, so that their new city would emulate the lakeside design of the old one they may or may not have had. Because elves, including these ones from what I can tell, tend to like aesthetics and tend to not like change.
At which point the predicted appearance of this speculated mystery capital starts to sound an awful lot like a place I know...

Last edited by Icefrost; 05-05-2014 at 06:52 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 05:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Noit
What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
What
Sorry, mean Tilg

Tilgath,

as a further point in regards to The Circle not holding land..

I respectfully point you to Felwood, where the Cenarion Circle accepted payment in order to allow the Horde to destroy the land and take oil. It was obviously treated as if they own the land, and if they are letting it's resources be depleted and accepting payment for it, I don't think it's something they would just give back.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Sorry, mean Tilg

Tilgath,

as a further point in regards to The Circle not holding land..

Well that's gross. I thought they were just being neutral-y and didn't want to take action against Horde members.

I do have to point out something about Li Li' travel journal, though. When the Night Elf druid attacks the Alliance sailors, it's because the captain was about to execute the tauren druid, who was a friend of hers. The captain calls her out on disobeying his orders, and she says it's a matter of staying true to a political alliance or staying true to a friend.

I'm not saying whether she was right or wrong, but it's inaccurate to say she chose the Cenarion Circle over the Alliance. She chose her friend over the Alliance.

Last edited by Tilgath; 05-05-2014 at 05:51 PM..