Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:00 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Old 08-20-2015, 07:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
not act like idiots wearing shotguns and pitchforks. a rational thought out process is better for handling the disasters of wod instead of raising pitchforks and Flamethrowers
Yes, because us giving feedback and calm disagreements or misgivings were totally not ignored and shit on.

Sometimes, pitchforks and flamethrowers are all we fans have left. We tried that crappy "rational thought" garbage during the WoD beta. Nice time is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:28 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

the important lesson to understand is basically this: during wod blizzard changed for the worse. the fans didn't follow.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Not sure why anyone would want a sewer over a badass manor.
I don't play a Rogue (Warrior for fucking life. I've main'd my Warrior since Vanilla.) but that badass manor was destroyed... the site's been compromised... it's no longer a "secret" which is what Rogues are all about. I personally find the sewers a cooler concept than a rebuilt Ravenholdt.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:42 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
I don't play a Rogue (Warrior for fucking life. I've main'd my Warrior since Vanilla.) but that badass manor was destroyed... the site's been compromised... it's no longer a "secret" which is what Rogues are all about. I personally find the sewers a cooler concept than a rebuilt Ravenholdt.

I do play a rogue and I want to go to ravenholt, preferably one rebuilt by the remains of the defias brotherhood and the PC/other notable rogues (Vanessa maybe? isn't she hinted to still be alive?) we also don't know how many people know about the site it seems that it was just the red dragon flight who attacked it and having it rebuilt could offer some cool new things allowing blizzard to basically start from scratch while keeping an iconic location and not just throwing us in the sewers

like even if the sewers are the coolest class hall it still "we got thrown in the fucking sewers, mages get a city pallys get a church and we get a god damn sewer"

but that's just my take on it
Old 08-20-2015, 08:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Eh, I think the mages would be keeping a close eye on everything in their city, especially after the Bell incident. Letting someone, anyone, set up shop to that degree under their own city just invites disaster.

Ravenholdt is pretty iconic overall, and it can be rebuilt (or hell, carve out an intricate underground structure under the ruins so that it still seems destroyed). Plus I feel that Wrathion would have made use of it in some way, since it was where he was born and first started using people.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
My rogue is a troll. So I don't care about Ravenholdt either.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:38 PM

Mountain Giant

The sewers will be cool.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:54 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
The sewers will be cool.
Full of shit, just like modern Warcraft.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:56 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
gibe da pusi b0ss

RIP Joji
Old 08-20-2015, 10:09 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Full of shit, just like modern Warcraft.
Atleast Modern Warcraft 2 was better.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
I would prefer a cavern underneath Ravenholdt, kinda like the Batcave underneath Wayne Manor.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Just get rid of rogues and all rogues can just roll WW or Feral
Old 08-21-2015, 12:09 AM

Keeper of the Grove

I like Az. He's just very passionate, like us.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:14 AM

World Builder
BattleTag: FrosthawkSDK#1945

Build a New Ravenholdt in an undisclosed location with blackjack, hookers, and Gilnean style architecture.
As a Knight of the Silver Hand, one charge was placed upon my shoulders: protect the innocent from the wicked. Whether that be from the fel-crazed orcish Horde, the foul undead Scourge, or the common thieves or murderers of the world, my task has not changed. And yet, time and time again, I have failed to live up to these expectations. When responsibility rested solely upon me, when I had no fellow Knights to stand fast when I would inevitably falter--that was when I failed most of all. What makes you believe I would accomplish any more were I to try now?

- Morgan "Frosthawk" Serrov
Old 08-21-2015, 01:07 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthawk View Post
Build a New Ravenholdt in an undisclosed location with blackjack, hookers, and Gilnean style architecture.
Stop using vision and creativity, it's not welcome here.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:43 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

In my opinion, the underworld of a city makes far more sense than some manor in the mountains. Sure, it doesn't sound as glamorous, but what if the secret entrance is simply in the sewers, and the rogues don't actually live in the canalisation, in the open? Doesn't that sound neat?
Old 08-21-2015, 02:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Just get rid of rogues and all rogues can just roll WW or Feral
Nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthawk View Post
I can get behind that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
In my opinion, the underworld of a city makes far more sense than some manor in the mountains. Sure, it doesn't sound as glamorous, but what if the secret entrance is simply in the sewers, and the rogues don't actually live in the canalisation, in the open? Doesn't that sound neat?
You're giving Blizzard too much credit that they won't just use the exact same room except filled with Rogue NPC's rather than the Fight Club gang.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:20 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Didn't Blizz officially say there was no faction war in Cata, and that it didn't start until Theramore's bombing?
They said that the Alliance didn't consider it a war until Theramore and the reason they lost so much ground was because they weren't dedicating themselves to it. I think.

On the Ravenholdt front... hey, why not use Alterac City for something?
Old 08-21-2015, 02:40 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
On the Ravenholdt front... hey, why not use Alterac City for something?
>Implying Blizzard even remember Alterac exists

Old 08-21-2015, 02:53 AM

Night Elf Icon (War3)

I wonder how much of an impact the introduction of Demon Hunters will have on rogue numbers. If I'm not mistaken, many players only levelled a rogue as a substitute for the class they didn't expect to ever be able to play, the Demon Hunter. How likely is it that these people won't touch their rogues again, and how many are they? Rogues aren't really popular right now, are they? How bad will it be, after the DH rogue purges? Hmm...
Old 08-21-2015, 03:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Add a tavern as front with secret trapdoor entrance and I'm sold. Best way to hide is to hide in plain sight.
Fuck Ravenholdt. Ravenholdt used to be cool and secretive before they introduced flying. Now every shmok could randomly pass over Ravenholdt, land on the roof and take a dump down their chimney.

Regarding DHs and Rogues: Rogues aren't popular because they're boring as fuck and offer close to no raid utility (Rogues went from the mana sponge to the class that can cheese almost every encounter mechanic in some way which is neat for the Rogue but doesn't hold up to Rallying Cry or a BR, their PvP damage is also kinda low although they're super durable). I call bullshit on Rogues being people that would preferred to play DHs, you'll find those among the Warlocks bitching and moaning about Demo being reworked.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Add a tavern as front with secret trapdoor entrance and I'm sold.
Exactly. It would be like Nadoret's Thieves' Guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Regarding DHs and Rogues: Rogues aren't popular because they're boring as fuck and offer close to no raid utility (Rogues went from the mana sponge to the class that can cheese almost every encounter mechanic in some way which is neat for the Rogue but doesn't hold up to Rallying Cry or a BR). I call bullshit on Rogues being people that would preferred to play DHs, you'll find those among the Warlocks bitching and moaning about Demo being reworked.
Well, there's Sonne.

You're right about the warlocks also losing some members to the DH's. I'll play both, of course, because summoned demons are cool too.

Last edited by Nazja; 08-21-2015 at 03:10 AM..
Old 08-21-2015, 03:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
I wonder how much of an impact the introduction of Demon Hunters will have on rogue numbers. If I'm not mistaken, many players only levelled a rogue as a substitute for the class they didn't expect to ever be able to play, the Demon Hunter. How likely is it that these people won't touch their rogues again, and how many are they? Rogues aren't really popular right now, are they? How bad will it be, after the DH rogue purges? Hmm...
Rogues can still appeal to ninja enthusiasts.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well, there's Sonne.

You're right about the warlocks also losing some members to the DH's. I'll play both, of course, because summoned demons are cool too.
That isn't many though
I got the vibe a lot of Rogue players are just very disillusioned at the moment because DHs were presented as a mobile, aggressive in your face class (wearing leather) which used to be the Rogue shtick but got completely neutered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Rogues can still appeal to ninja enthusiasts.
With DHs getting double jump, dashes, forbidden magic arts and all that kind of shit?
It's every Kage No Bullshit's wet dream.

Fuck, they even have a "this isn't even my final form" ability.

Last edited by Feltongue; 08-21-2015 at 03:24 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
demon al dente, elves arent people, expac, eye of kilrog, illidan must stay dead, jaina going to die, kill all super friends, leg expansion, wow legion