Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3401  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,692
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

I have never seen so much nitpicking over a sword and ax.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #3402  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Ratatosk Ratatosk is offline

Eternal
Ratatosk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Lost Woods
Posts: 3,575

Default

I thought Shath'yar was just the name of their language?

And finally giving the Faceless a real race name is neat, but to be honest I think "Faceless One" just sounds cooler and more ominous.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3403  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Barlie Barlie is offline

Mountain Giant
Barlie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 225

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
ax
That's a super trigger right there.
Reply With Quote
  #3404  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Trickster Trickster is offline

Elune
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trickster's Mighty Keep
Posts: 7,369

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
I wonder how powerful this "C'thraxxi monstrosity" is, if it was able to kill a Titan Watcher and is still capable of reviving. It's probably going to just be a Faceless One of some sort, considering how Zakajz's proper title is "C'thraxxi General".
That would be really disappointing. Id like it more if the C'Thraxxi were an extremely rare kind of Old God monster, the kind you only meet every few expansions or something like that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brojar View Post
i literally just shit my pants with rage
Reply With Quote
  #3405  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
I thought Shath'yar was just the name of their language?

And finally giving the Faceless a real race name is neat, but to be honest I think "Faceless One" just sounds cooler and more ominous.
It's true that it's the name of the language, but it's also obviously the name of the Old Gods if you actually look at a few Faceless quotes. Just look at what's capitalized.
Quote:
Iilth qi'uothk shn'ma yeh'glu Shath'Yar! H'IWN IILTH!
You will drown in the blood of the Old Gods! ALL OF YOU!
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Yor'sahj_the_Unsleeping#Quotes

The language is named after the Old Gods themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #3406  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Hope that model is a placeholder
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #3407  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,959

Default

Hmm, maybe warriors should have gotten the axe. I could make a makro that always yells "Wie die Axt im Walde" while I murder elves on my orc warrior. Stupid fun is always allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #3408  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I have never seen so much nitpicking over a sword and ax.
Bitches gonna bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Hmm, maybe warriors should have gotten the axe. I could make a makro that always yells "Wie die Axt im Walde" while I murder elves on my orc warrior. Stupid fun is always allowed.
No.

You should feel ashamed for having an orc.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #3409  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Ratatosk Ratatosk is offline

Eternal
Ratatosk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Lost Woods
Posts: 3,575

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
It's true that it's the name of the language, but it's also obviously the name of the Old Gods if you actually look at a few Faceless quotes. Just look at what's capitalized.http://wow.gamepedia.com/Yor'sahj_the_Unsleeping#Quotes

The language is named after the Old Gods themselves.
Oh, neat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3410  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Bitches gonna bitch.
It is a pretty crappy sword though.

And not having any of the 3 warrior artifacts be an axe should be considered a human rights violation.
Reply With Quote
  #3411  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
It is a pretty crappy sword though.

And not having any of the 3 warrior artifacts be an axe should be considered a human rights violation.
To hell with the orcs.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #3412  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
To hell with the elves.
Good we agree an something.
Reply With Quote
  #3413  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

How will the druid forms work in the next expansion since people will likely get attached to their new skins?
Reply With Quote
  #3414  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,959

Orc Icon (War3) Wie die Axt im Walde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
No.

You should feel ashamed for having an orc.
Not one but two.

They're female though, so that's fine.
Reply With Quote
  #3415  
Old 11-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Good we agree an something.
Horde filth should be brought out with the trash.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #3416  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Ratatosk Ratatosk is offline

Eternal
Ratatosk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Lost Woods
Posts: 3,575

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
How will the druid forms work in the next expansion since people will likely get attached to their new skins?
Maybe transmogging the Artifact onto a new weapon will give you the form too.

I am very concerned about the Artifacts leaving in general though. A lot of the abilities their trees will give will be simply gone in 8.0.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3417  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
That would be really disappointing. Id like it more if the C'Thraxxi were an extremely rare kind of Old God monster, the kind you only meet every few expansions or something like that.
Yeah, I'd like them to be a new thing too, or at least be a new form of Faceless, but I don't expect Blizzard to make a new monster model just for the artifact quests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
And finally giving the Faceless a real race name is neat, but to be honest I think "Faceless One" just sounds cooler and more ominous.
Well yeah, that's certainly true. However, it seems like we're finally getting more insight into them and the Old Gods, especially with how the Black Empire will be explored in the new Lore book. Learning their true name is only natural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
Oh, neat.
Speaking of which, it's always struck me as odd how well dressed Cata's Faceless were for horrible chaotic tentacle monsters. It makes it seem like they're actually quite cultured and refined.
Reply With Quote
  #3418  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Sakurako Sakurako is offline

Arch-Druid
Sakurako's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,860
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Default

orcs suck

the warrior sword should have been named Durandal

and it should have skins like this




and this



fury warriors should have gotten troll polearms


@Krakhed

I'm still like 65% sure that in the end of warcraft we will find out the titans are the big bads and the old god are the same as the Naaru, simply trying to return balance to the universe after the titans fucked it up with their ideas of "order"

so it makes sense to show the OG servants as more than simple crazy monsters as we'll be working with them eventually

Last edited by Sakurako; 11-30-2015 at 12:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3419  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
How will the druid forms work in the next expansion since people will likely get attached to their new skins?
Cut
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Reply With Quote
  #3420  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokria View Post
@Krakhed

I'm still like 65% sure that in the end of warcraft we will find out the titans are the big bads and the old god are the same as the Naaru, simply trying to return balance to the universe after the titans fucked it up with their ideas of "order"

so it makes sense to show the OG servants as more than simple crazy monsters as we'll be working with them eventually
I wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans were the ones who accidentally allowed the Old Gods to get so out of hand by upsetting the cosmic balance. I'm reminded of a certain quote from the Mantid. "Chaos is order unrecognized by a lesser mind!"

It's entirely possible that the Titans fucked up the natural order of things because they couldn't recognize it for what it truly was. It's like how Sargeras was incapable of understanding evil, and that reached a point where it just broke him. Actually, I believe he reached the conclusion that the Titans were actually fucking everything up by trying to "order" it all, and I think he may have been right.

That doesn't mean the Old Gods are trying to correct anything. They could just be exploiting an opening.

Speaking of which, isn't there something about a "festering wound" sealed by the Pillars of Creation on the Broken Isles, which is some sort of portal which Demons are pouring out of? Because the timeline doesn't sound right for it to have originally been meant for summoning in Demons.
Reply With Quote
  #3421  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Kromash Kromash is offline

Arch-Druid
Kromash's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Maelstrom
Posts: 1,196
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
It is a pretty crappy sword though.

And not having any of the 3 warrior artifacts be an axe should be considered an orc rights violation.
True.
Reply With Quote
  #3422  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Feltongue Feltongue is offline

Arch-Druid
Feltongue's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Right here. Right now.
Posts: 1,918

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
If not for Thoradin then the elves and the humans would've been exterminated.
Well thanks to Thoradin we now got Forsaken and Belves!
He's the reason we can't have nice things.

Zin'rokh for Warrior Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokria View Post
orcs suck

the warrior sword should have been named Durandal
"Titans with Norse names is like so lame. Let me obsess over this stupid sword again no ones about except some Otakus."

Last edited by Feltongue; 11-30-2015 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3423  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:27 PM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Eternal
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,305

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Horde filth should be brought out with the trash.
But then you Alliance would never be rid of us...
__________________
Quote:
Teenagers (or older) at a Left wing indoctrination camp*
Nothing of value was lost.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Reply With Quote
  #3424  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Ma Caque Attaque Ma Caque Attaque is offline

Elune
Ma Caque Attaque's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In your mind
Posts: 12,687

Default

I'm interested to see how the other RPers are going to handle the shadow priests and OG thing.

In one of my RP guilds there is quite the heated discussion over whether or not the SPriests can actually be trusted or if we have to set up "Inquisitors" to keep an eye on them and kill them should they show any signs of corruption.

Of course, you know which side I am on that....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3425  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Sakurako Sakurako is offline

Arch-Druid
Sakurako's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,860
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans were the ones who accidentally allowed the Old Gods to get so out of hand by upsetting the cosmic balance. I'm reminded of a certain quote from the Mantid. "Chaos is order unrecognized by a lesser mind!"

It's entirely possible that the Titans fucked up the natural order of things because they couldn't recognize it for what it truly was. It's like how Sargeras was incapable of understanding evil, and that reached a point where it just broke him. Actually, I believe he reached the conclusion that the Titans were actually fucking everything up by trying to "order" it all, and I think he may have been right.

That doesn't mean the Old Gods are trying to correct anything. They could just be exploiting an opening.

Speaking of which, isn't there something about a "festering wound" sealed by the Pillars of Creation on the Broken Isles, which is some sort of portal which Demons are pouring out of? Because the timeline doesn't sound right for it to have originally been meant for summoning in Demons.
I think the wound is a portal to the nether, I also don't think Sargeras was unable to understand evil per say more of he understood that the more the titans tried to order the universe the more the universe would push back to stop them and he thought that the only way to truly order the universe was to destroy it all, including the primal forces that keep balance throughout the universe (Ie light and void) so that it may be rebuilt in order potentially
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.