Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-03-2015, 07:48 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Well but that's just my point - isn't the origin of the Light Naaru?
Okay, yes, you're trolling now.

Quote:
Also it's definitely work-in-progress and pretty barebones atm, I wouldn't be surprised if you get like racial alcoves or something in there.
Fair, but again, The Naaru main bit. Naaru priesting is an anti fantasy for some.

Quote:
I dunno, I actually like the whole thieves&thugs theme for Rogues.
Rogues mean so many fucking different things, that being told I'm a criminal scum type when I never ever once wanted to be one is a big fuck you. Again, it's an anti fantasy for many, yet it's the one Blizzard's doubling down on, despite the fact that last expansion I was this great hero of the Alliance/Horde.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 12-03-2015, 07:50 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
fuck you thats why

I'm actually so glad Vanessa is back, I hope she actually plays a role in the expansion seeing as how she's the second(?) most powerful rogue after the PC or at least she was gonna be the leader until the PC shows up
*ahem* Garona Halforcen? Best Rogue there is? At least they weren't shitty enough to exclude her from our class hall in the poop-infested sewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Rogues mean so many fucking different things, that being told I'm a criminal scum type when I never ever once wanted to be one is a big fuck you. Again, it's an anti fantasy for many, yet it's the one Blizzard's doubling down on, despite the fact that last expansion I was this great hero of the Alliance/Horde.
To be honest, I don't even really mind *that* so much. But it's like, we are garbage. If I'm going to be criminal scum, I want to be a cool Ocean's Eleven master thief, not a hobo living in the sewers.

Last edited by Warlock; 12-03-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Old 12-03-2015, 07:50 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Rogues always had the pick pocket ability.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Rogues always had the pick pocket ability.
But now they have the ability of having the worst class hall.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:55 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
To be honest, I don't even really mind *that* so much. But it's like, we are garbage. If I'm going to be criminal scum, I want to be a cool Ocean's Eleven master thief, not a hobo living in the sewers.
Exactly! Cognac by the fireplace, copy of "The Dapper Cadaver", even if that wouldn't satisfy everyone's taste, it would certainly be far less off-putting to those who don't want to be it than being a sewer thug. At least everyone enjoys the highlife, right?

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 12-03-2015, 07:56 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
And yet a lot of people identify their rogues are being the shadowy sort of character that stays hidden in plain sight. People are so hung up on their hall being in a 'sewer', that you could actually just call it a 'super secret underground lair' and it'd fit the same description. Like, okay Blizzard remove all the water and now it isn't a sewer anymore but it looks pretty much the same. Which imo, it looks pretty cool.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:57 AM

Elune

Quote:
Why do people not like the Priest class hall? To me it looks exactly like what the popular archetype of the WoW Priest represents, that Naaru light temple imagery. Looks pretty neat imo. All of them look nice though, even the Rogues.
It's a big empty space full of nothing.

Granted, that could change.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Wait wait wait...weren't the Naaru always "beings of the Light"? I thought it literally originated with them, or they were beings born of it, and whatnot.

And yeah, I'm not a big Rogue guy at all, always got bored of playing them. But to me, Rogues were always the thief and thug archetype, so I don't think it's unfitting. Rogue Class Hall should be grimy, dirty and shady imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
It's a big empty space full of nothing.

Granted, that could change.
Obviously that will change, none of them are done.
But I like the look of it so far, it'll look even better with more fluff.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
tess and arator!!!!!!!!!!
>Race mixing with elves.

Quote:
Obviously that will change, none of them are done.
But I like the look of it so far, it'll look even better with more fluff.
Eh, this is Blizzard. I'd never be surprised if the 'WIP' empty space never changes from being such.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:02 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
And yet a lot of people identify their rogues are being the shadowy sort of character that stays hidden in plain sight. People are so hung up on their hall being in a 'sewer', that you could actually just call it a 'super secret underground lair' and it'd fit the same description. Like, okay Blizzard remove all the water and now it isn't a sewer anymore but it looks pretty much the same. Which imo, it looks pretty cool.
"Hidden in plain sight" and "walking in poop" are not the same things

But I mean, what gets me the most is they didn't even *try* to make it cool. Like, after all the blowback they come back with "Oh, you haven't seen it yet! We'll make it totally cool, we promise!" It's the same god damn sewers from Wrath Dalaran! I hated those sewers then! They were never cool and you guys did nothing to even attempt to fix that...

<insert comment about Rogue Class Hall being the perfect metaphor for how Blizzard treats the class>

Edit: Seriously, there isn't even a portal to Ravenholdt or anything...

Last edited by Warlock; 12-03-2015 at 08:05 AM..
Old 12-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Banished

Old 12-03-2015, 08:07 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraznak View Post
Ooh!
Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Wait wait wait...weren't the Naaru always "beings of the Light"? I thought it literally originated with them, or they were beings born of it, and whatnot.
Beings born of it, probably (they do seem to consist of the stuff), but I don't think we've had an indication that they're the origin of the light.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Based on the Artifact quests and the Broken Shore, Legion seems to be the "Prepare to Cry" edition of WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Beings born of it, probably (they do seem to consist of the stuff), but I don't think we've had an indication that they're the origin of the light.
That's what I always assumed based on Velen's ramblings in TBC and WotLK and the quests involving them. They were portrayed as the literal progenitors of the Light, also ties into that whole Blood Elf Paladin nonsense.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Elune

Old 12-03-2015, 08:14 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
"Hidden in plain sight" and "walking in poop" are not the same things

But I mean, what gets me the most is they didn't even *try* to make it cool. Like, after all the blowback they come back with "Oh, you haven't seen it yet! We'll make it totally cool, we promise!" It's the same god damn sewers from Wrath Dalaran! I hated those sewers then! They were never cool and you guys did nothing to even attempt to fix that...

<insert comment about Rogue Class Hall being the perfect metaphor for how Blizzard treats the class>

Edit: Seriously, there isn't even a portal to Ravenholdt or anything...
Ravenholdt would have been so much cooler

wrathion should have been in the class hall too

though I wonder why Vanessa was gonna be the shadow over the other rogues around? that's why I was assuming she got a power boost:p
Old 12-03-2015, 08:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Rocking the Scourge Invasion Judgement set though.
It would be nice if they reopened access to those. I never got one piece of the set from the event plus, I do believe a few pieces are missing from the overall set.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
Ravenholdt would have been so much cooler

wrathion should have been in the class hall too

though I wonder why Vanessa was gonna be the shadow over the other rogues around? that's why I was assuming she got a power boost:p
Well she reformed the Defias Brotherhood, which really threw a wrench in Stormwind's plans. She was always more of an anti-hero than a proper villain, since for all of her murderous intent she genuinely did seem to want to help the abandoned and homeless in Westfall. She's achieved the most of any Rogue in the setting (still living) aside from the PC.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't take advantage of Alterac. Syndicate, rivalry with Ravenholdt, an abandoned zone that barely plays a role in-game anymore.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Well she reformed the Defias Brotherhood, which really threw a wrench in Stormwind's plans. She was always more of an anti-hero than a proper villain, since for all of her murderous intent she genuinely did seem to want to help the abandoned and homeless in Westfall. She's achieved the most of any Rogue in the setting (still living) aside from the PC.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't take advantage of Alterac. Syndicate, rivalry with Ravenholdt, an abandoned zone that barely plays a role in-game anymore.
Wasn't she the reason for the famines?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:20 AM

Eternal

With the main Alliance and Horde army decimated, any hints on teaming up with bad guys to defeat the Legion? I'm sure the Naga, Zandalari, Mogu, Old Gods wouldn't want Azeroth to get destroyed either.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:20 AM

Elune

Quote:
Was she? I didn't the quest chain again the other night. I don't really remember anything eluding to that specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
With the main Alliance and Horde army decimated, any hints on teaming up with bad guys to defeat the Legion? I'm sure the Naga, Zandalari, Mogu, Old Gods wouldn't want Azeroth to get destroyed either.
Azeroth only needs the Horde. If only those prejudice, racist Alliance weaklings would see that and stop their petty race wars!
Old 12-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Demon Hunter

The quest text and dialogue for the Felo'melorn quest are pretty poorly written. I noticed this a lot in WoD - at least one of the quest writers' comma game is really weak.

"Felo'melorn, the runeblade of the kings of Quel'Thalas. It was said to harness the very essence of flame and after being reforged by Kael'thas could even stand against the legendary Frostmourne.

We thought that the blade was lost with Kael'thas's death but an associate of mine has a lead on where it may be located.

We need every advantage we can and with Felo'melorn in your hand the Legion surely will tremble!
"

Maybe it's just me, but I find that boring to read. No interesting punctuation to help with pacing, no sense of drama, and no personal touches or turns of phrase to give that NPC some character. Shit reads like a high school paper.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
I thought the Cataclysm and the War in Northrend were the causes of Westfall's problems.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
I thought the Cataclysm and the War in Northrend were the causes of Westfall's problems.
The harvest reapers (and some Defias) were preventing the farmers from farming.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:26 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

All the revealed Dalaran stuff makes me want to shove my thumbs into my eyesockets.
Mother fucking Rommath in the mother fucking Kirin Tor. I can't think of a belf I likes less.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone