Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-02-2016, 06:06 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
Did durotan always have blue eyes?
In WoD he did because blades of grass.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turmoil View Post
https://twitter.com/QuassRPG/status/716327744267751424

https://twitter.com/QuassRPG/status/716388645356363776

Better marketing then the Legendary marketing team, shame on you.

Lets start promoting the movie ourselves.
Should tweet that to Duncan and legendary
Old 04-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Should tweet that to Duncan and legendary
If you see favorites, he already did favorite them. Too bad Uni/Legendary probably won't care.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 AM

Eternal

Hmm, that Orgrim poster is apparently connected to that Orgrim statue promotion.

Perhaps that 312 lb weight is the weight of the statue, rather than the character?
Old 04-03-2016, 05:54 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Hmm, that Orgrim poster is apparently connected to that Orgrim statue promotion.

Perhaps that 312 lb weight is the weight of the statue, rather than the character?
Uh, a poster depicting the weight of a promotional statues weight? You've gotta admit thats stretching it, particularly with no source.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:21 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Uh, a poster depicting the weight of a promotional statues weight? You've gotta admit thats stretching it, particularly with no source.
I do not really have to admit anything, my dear. I merely brought out yet one another possibility, not discussed its probability. Different things, wholly. Nevertheless, I agree it would be weird at best, I have seen weirder, however.

As for no source? We have no source it refers to the weight of the character either, bar common sense. Which often ends a dubious source at best.

Last edited by Marthen; 04-03-2016 at 07:05 AM..
Old 04-03-2016, 07:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I do not really have to admit anything, my dear. I merely bought out yet another possibility, not discussed its probability. Different things, wholly. Nevertheless, I agree it would be weird at best, I have seen weirder, however.

As for no source? We have no source it refers to the weight of the character either, bar common sense. Which often ends a dubious source at best.
Come now, friend, there is no need to bristle like a porcupine over a turn of phrase. Let's dispense with the summary verbal riposting for a moment, shall we?

You also misunderstand my claim of no source, I merely wish to know where you found the information that connected that statue to the poster.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Come now, friend, there is no need to bristle like a porcupine over a turn of phrase. Let's dispense with the summary verbal riposting for a moment, shall we?

You also misunderstand my claim of no source, I merely wish to know where you found the information that connected that statue to the poster.
Pardon me, I simply enjoy such an exchange. No hard feelings, nor anything personal.

As for the source.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/en/n...hibit-warcraft
Old 04-03-2016, 07:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Pardon me, I simply enjoy such an exchange. No hard feelings, nor anything personal.

As for the source.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/en/n...hibit-warcraft
Of course, no harm done by any means. We should all be well aware the internet is not a great vessel for conveying texts inflection.

As for the source though, we cannot draw much from it but given the lack of context we can't even be sure it's an official movie poster. It could just as easily be something the cinema put together to go with the statue. Nowhere else on the net is coming up with a hit for that poster and i'd have expected a tweet or similiar with it at least. I also have a little background in design and my significant other (who worked in the animation field) assures me its not a very complex design for anyone with photoshop or Indesign to produce.

So, really those stats could be completely made up by someone just looking at the guy and having a guess. Could even explain the Frostwolf change.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:54 AM

World Builder

Civil De-escalation of an argument? On SoL? BLASPHEMY

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-03-2016, 08:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Of course, no harm done by any means. We should all be well aware the internet is not a great vessel for conveying texts inflection.

As for the source though, we cannot draw much from it but given the lack of context we can't even be sure it's an official movie poster. It could just as easily be something the cinema put together to go with the statue. Nowhere else on the net is coming up with a hit for that poster and i'd have expected a tweet or similiar with it at least. I also have a little background in design and my significant other (who worked in the animation field) assures me its not a very complex design for anyone with photoshop or Indesign to produce.

So, really those stats could be completely made up by someone just looking at the guy and having a guess. Could even explain the Frostwolf change.
True.

Anyway, you might have a point, however, the poster is official in relation to the ArcLight Cinemas tour, that much is clear.

But of course, it might have been ArcLight Cinemas themselves who have made it, hence inclination for an error high enough.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:24 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turmoil View Post
The top one is WoD Gul'dan, who DRANK the blood of Mannaroth, while the 2nd one is the real Gul'dan who was smart enough not to and has green eyes because of Fel magic.
The answer is right here, why aren't you guys acknowledging this?
Old 04-03-2016, 08:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
The answer is right here, why aren't you guys acknowledging this?
We do not know if drinking actually does not happen. It is not shown in the movie, that does not mean it does not happen, however.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:07 AM

Mountain Giant

Also, in the original Warlords of Draenor artwork, Gul'dan has green eyes instead of red.

Last edited by Barlie; 04-03-2016 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-04-2016, 03:21 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
Also, in the original Warlords of Draenor artwork, Gul'dan has green eyes instead of red.

Every time I see that motherfucker I flash back to freezing at 90% at WOD launch.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:30 AM

Eternal

Hmm, I have missed those photos.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:10 AM

Glaive Thrower

Default "Someone is plotting in the shadows to unleash chaos"

I swear, if they reveal the twist with Medivh...

Last edited by Zoaric; 04-04-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Old 04-04-2016, 11:34 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
I swear, if they reveal the twist with Medivh...
https://twitter.com/WarcraftIT/statu...59095950016512
I'm pretty sure the last thing they'll do is pull a BvS.... I hope.
Although if they show Medivh ablaze with a big fire beard, I don't think there's much to be alarmed since people will think that's his "super form" without context.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Eternal

I remember people arguing that medieval armor should be "dirty, used, scarred, etc." and not all shiny and pretty.

I think those images are quite good in that it seems authentic, something a knight might use, and has indeed already seen some use.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I remember people arguing that medieval armor should be "dirty, used, scarred, etc." and not all shiny and pretty.

I think those images are quite good in that it seems authentic, something a knight might use, and has indeed already seen some use.
That's because Hollywood fed all the people lies with "historical movies". Just look at Ironclad. Or rather, here's a vid of a guy picking out everything historically wrong -
Old 04-04-2016, 12:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

Definitely not. A good knight would keep his armor polished.

Seeing those close ups, I would say the armor looks quite good actually. Some have expressed it looks too plastic, but I would not say so going by these pics. I also wonder if the dark color is meant to invoke some exotic material, such as dark iron.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:06 PM

Problemsolver

A proper knight would actually have one piece of armour used in battle, that wouldn't be very impressive nor especially decorated, because that adds unecessary weight and hinders mobility. That's not to say he wouldn't keep it polished and proper, but it wouldn't look much different from the average foot soldier's armour. And then there's the ridicolous ceremonial get up, that is retardedly flamboyant and completely unusable in battle if your ambition is to end up the victor.

But the good thing about Warcraft is that it isn't realistic.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:12 PM

Druid of the Claw

That's a ceremonial armor

That's how knightly armor probably looked.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Knights were pretty much taught how to keep armor nice and clean and take care of it long before they were allowed to wear it. Or if they didn't do it personally their squire did. It was part of the prestige of being a knight that separated you from the common soldiers. You had clean shiny armor before a battle that showed you were someone important.

Total realism kinda goes out of the window in this setting anyway where magical enchantments on armor and all kinds of incredibly strong materials to make it out of. I'm like 95% certain at one point The Last Guardian makes reference to Lothar's sword being enchanted, so even back there weapon enchantments were probably a thing.

Also the fact that boobplate is seemingly a canon thing that has no adverse effect on the wearer whereas in real life there has been all kinds of science done as to why it would just get her killed easier.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:54 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Don't stab his biceps please.

Tags
entertainment, warcraft