Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2017, 05:08 PM

Banished

I still hope Diablo's story could get more love.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Needs A Hug

13 years later; I'm still waiting for a proper timeline. One that has actual numerical dates for various events, as opposed to "this book happened before this book but after this game."
Old 07-06-2017, 06:01 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
13 years later; I'm still waiting for a proper timeline. One that has actual numerical dates for various events, as opposed to "this book happened before this book but after this game."
Chronicles didn't have any?
Old 07-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Thinking back to this again, I found another reason why I haven't considered resubbing.

Personally, I feel like Blizzard has lied to me way too much in the past. They've probably lied about things they've said they'd do since BC but from Cata onwards has been when they've became the most glaring to me.

Off the top of my head, they've said:
-Worgen would be a sinister race with their own agenda, the Forsaken of the Alliance who lack the moral purity of the Draenei. (This didn't happen.)
-Night Elves would be badass and ferocious in 5.1. (This didn't happen.)
-High King would be strictly military, not political. (Guess what.)
-WoD would be an uplifting expansion for the Horde after the devastation of Orgrimmar. (It wasn't.)
-New models for Worgen and Goblins were under development. (They weren't.)

I see during one Q&A they made a big promise about making up for Vol'jin but my expectation is that whatever it is, it's going to be completely overshadowed by the plot that revolves around another massive world ending threat and then quietly shuffled away.

At that point, why should I consider resubbing when they've openly lied to me in the past? Any new patch or story development they do just has me thinking "so when are you going to do the X that you promised?" and that in turn kills my enthusiasm as a result.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Banished

You left out the Alliance's fistbump in MoP.

Your comment about how the Worgen were apparently meant to be the Alliance's Forsaken touches on an issue I noticed. I noticed how the faction system and the insistent mirroring of the factions has been holding things back. Years back Varian was called an Anti-Thrall, which in hindsight foreshadowed the Wrynns devouring the rest of the Alliance. Did we need an "Anti-Thrall"? Are they unable to picture the Alliance beyond being a foil for the Horde?

Frankly, I'd suggest the Alliance just having its Vanilla Races with future ones going Horde or Neutral.

Last edited by Almed; 07-08-2017 at 10:25 PM..
Old 07-09-2017, 01:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almed View Post
You left out the Alliance's fistbump in MoP.

Your comment about how the Worgen were apparently meant to be the Alliance's Forsaken touches on an issue I noticed. I noticed how the faction system and the insistent mirroring of the factions has been holding things back. Years back Varian was called an Anti-Thrall, which in hindsight foreshadowed the Wrynns devouring the rest of the Alliance. Did we need an "Anti-Thrall"? Are they unable to picture the Alliance beyond being a foil for the Horde?

Frankly, I'd suggest the Alliance just having its Vanilla Races with future ones going Horde or Neutral.
I wouldn't say the factions mirror each other, because that would mean they'd be comparable in how unique their race make-ups are rather than heavily contrasting. I agree about the insistence on them having to be foils to one another though, since that entails one faction has to be more vanilla than the other. Blizzard is incredibly poor at writing foils in an interesting way and that simply kills the Alliance ever being an interesting faction.

It still boggles me that people want more new races for the Alliance. Frankly, I think Blizzard needs to get their collective shit together before adding in more new races that could suffer the risk of being thrown in the shitter as soon as they're announced as being team blue.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 07-09-2017 at 01:23 AM..

Tags
lore, red alert, warcraft