Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:43 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
That mouse looks to be Sarge, the pet mouse of Harth Stonebrew, AKA the Hearthstone Innkeeper. He's become somewhat of a minor mascot for Hearthstone and is often seen in promotional art.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sarge
Huh, so I wonder if she's his apprentice or something?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Whatever happens, looks like I'll be finding out if I resubscribe or not.
You won't because you hate literally everything involving Illidan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:44 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You won't because you hate literally everything involving Illidan.
That's not true, but go eat a box of dicks anyway.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 08-17-2017, 12:02 PM

Faerie Dragon

Today I was looking for a room in the files to use in an image and I found this...

http://i.imgur.com/SjPf1bE.jpg

It's something called 7dl_dalaran_postoffice, I don't know what the hell it is, I've leveled up every class except for the Rogue, is this used in his campaign?

I saw too the Aegwynn Tower without texture and the KulTiras Lighthouse without texture too, I know we talked about this before, but man...they just spent some time doing this, for what? Could there be some kind of relation between Aegwynn and Kul'Tiras?

http://i.imgur.com/wwxJXFo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zg7NIMy.jpg
Old 08-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Arch-Druid

The only link between Aegwynn and Kul Tiras I know of is that she worked for Jaina.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:10 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
Today I was looking for a room in the files to use in an image and I found this...

It's something called 7dl_dalaran_postoffice, I don't know what the hell it is, I've leveled up every class except for the Rogue, is this used in his campaign?

I saw too the Aegwynn Tower without texture and the KulTiras Lighthouse without texture too, I know we talked about this before, but man...they just spent some time doing this, for what? Could there be some kind of relation between Aegwynn and Kul'Tiras?

I've never seen that mail room before. If Aram's sources about a 7.4 are correct, maybe its for that?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:11 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
The main theory is that have right now is that these bodies were built by the Legion and then infused with the tortured Titan spirits.

Them not being original titan bodies is that these would be planet-sized.

Furthermore, the Titans being able to create Avatars like Sargeras can would be contradictory, because then there wouldn't be a reasonable for them not to physically come down to Azeroth in the Ordering.
Well, them being Legion-made bodies wouldn't account for Eonar though, who's supposedly evaded capture by the Legion all this time.

As for them being able to create avatars, there was a specific reason they didn't want to physically come down on Azeroth in particular: they didn't want to injure Azeroth's soul. Conversely Sargeras (and probably Agrammar) wouldn't have that same cause to be concerned about collateral damage when using avatars to hack through swarms of demons on the surfaces of infested planets without world-souls. Structural damage to a world whose inhabitants have already been corrupted or killed could be repaired, but wounding a world-soul while extracting the Old Gods potentially couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Well at least the expac reveal being at Blizzcon may mean we'll get less awkward attempts by Blizzard trying to hype up games like Hearthstone for 10 minutes.
Honestly Blizzcon reveals for expansions make more sense to me anyway; you can build up the hype better with a crowd that's there for Blizzard and for WoW than with a crowd that's half comprised of industry publication people who are just there to take notes before checking Blizzard off their list and heading off to another publisher's stage presentation to take more notes.

I still remember watching the Legion reveal at Gamescom when they brought up that it was the biggest demonic invasion in Azeroth's history, and the sheer indifference was palpable; I could tell hardly anyone in the audience knew enough about WoW to even know what they were talking about, let alone care.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-17-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Old 08-17-2017, 12:29 PM

Arch-Druid

This was really the only realistic result; after all, I don't think we've had a 7.3 panel yet, other than the bit at the end of the 7.2 one. It's not like the corporate hype machine was going to miss a chance to pull the "and you can play all this epic content when it goes live... BASICALLY TOMORROW" card that makes the normies piss themselves with glee.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
This was really the only realistic result; after all, I don't think we've had a 7.3 panel yet, other than the bit at the end of the 7.2 one. It's not like the corporate hype machine was going to miss a chance to pull the "and you can play all this epic content when it goes live... BASICALLY TOMORROW" card that makes the normies piss themselves with glee.
Honestly yeah. Talking about next expansion when 7.3 would be coming out basically the same time wouldn't have made sense, they'd never miss that opportunity to drum up people talking about it.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Arch-Druid

It never made much sense yes. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about 7.3.5 aswell, as the PTR for Legion has been up constantly, and my assumption would be that 7.3.5 would be on the PTR like a week or two after 7.3 is live. Something something, 77.

Now 7.4 talk would be truly surprising but I won't count on it.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:15 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Honestly yeah. Talking about next expansion when 7.3 would be coming out basically the same time wouldn't have made sense, they'd never miss that opportunity to drum up people talking about it.
But they already did this with Pandaria... they did this with WoTLK, I mean, there are precedent about this... So you can't say " It wouldn't make sense ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
But they already did this with Pandaria... they did this with WoTLK, I mean, there are precedent about this... So you can't say " It wouldn't make sense ".
Those expansions weren't announced the same week a patch came out.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:45 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Saw this on MMO-Champion:

"according to Towelliee some streamers that go to Gamescon have confirmed to him theres no expac reveal."

My guesses for whatever the "big news" is are: Warcraft 3 remaster, some kind of Ruby Sanctum-esque 7.4, or a WoW/Destiny 2 cross-promotion.
You mean like a Wow Annual pass but this time for Destiny 2? Could be lucrative, I think I'd get it. It'd take advantage of their high numbers right now to lock people in for the content drought between 7.3 and next xpac, and give them a good size player base for Destiny launch, and they'd be able to show great numbers for both games over the next year. This is quite possibly what the encrypted mounts are for as well.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Why is Destiny in the bnet launcher now anyway?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:18 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Why is Destiny in the bnet launcher now anyway?
Months ago they announced it would be the first non-Blizzard game within the Battle.net launcher (now simply called Blizzard launcher).
Old 08-17-2017, 02:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Months ago they announced it would be the first non-Blizzard game within the Battle.net launcher (now simply called Blizzard launcher).
They renamed it again recently.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:

Could they just be leftovers of early Dalaran designs?
Old 08-17-2017, 03:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, them being Legion-made bodies wouldn't account for Eonar though, who's supposedly evaded capture by the Legion all this time.

As for them being able to create avatars, there was a specific reason they didn't want to physically come down on Azeroth in particular: they didn't want to injure Azeroth's soul. Conversely Sargeras (and probably Agrammar) wouldn't have that same cause to be concerned about collateral damage when using avatars to hack through swarms of demons on the surfaces of infested planets without world-souls. Structural damage to a world whose inhabitants have already been corrupted or killed could be repaired, but wounding a world-soul while extracting the Old Gods potentially couldn't.
Isn't Eonar just a face on a screen or something?

But they wouldn't injure the World Soul if they were just avatars!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
Could they just be leftovers of early Dalaran designs?
It's definitely the case with the tower. Look at its earlier concept art.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:44 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Both areas in Azsuna, maybe.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, and the current tower is even still called Aegwynn's Gallery, isn't it?

As for the mailroom, my guess is they were originally planning to alter Dalaran more than just updating textures and adding the tower. I don't know what role a mailroom of all things could have played though; maybe they didn't know either and that's why it was scrapped.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:50 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
They renamed it again recently.
To what?

Mine is still called Blizzard App.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
To what?

Mine is still called Blizzard App.
Blizzard Battle.net.

Because they're not giving up on this shit, no matter how fucking stupid the name gets.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Welp got first place both times I've done it so far on my pally. Same mog for both cause the first one was Champions of the Light and the second one was freestyle.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:31 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
But they wouldn't injure the World Soul if they were just avatars!
If said avatars had to be made powerful enough to extricate the Old Gods they could, which is something Sargeras wouldn't have needed in an avatar used for just battling armies of demons. Using avatars wouldn't amount to anything if doing so safely meant having to withhold the power necessary to actually overpower and remove the threat.

Projecting themselves into smaller bodies wouldn't mean it'd take less power being needed to uproot the Old Gods from Azeroth. Unleashing that much power through avatars on the surface would probably pose the same sort of risk to the world-soul as reaching down and ripping out Y'shaarj directly did, if not even greater risk, as it would be the whole Pantheon (sans Sargeras) doing it instead of just Aman'thul.
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion