Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM

Druid of the Claw

Loot Bag The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition

I'm planning on buying the Collector's Edition of BC, so I went looking for the preorder, but I'm having trouble finding it.

I called my local Gamestop and they said they're not getting it in. So, I called EB Games (which, if I recall, is also owned by Gamestop) and they said that they're already sold out of all their preorders and won't get anymore. Finally I called Best Buy and they said that they haven't gotten thier Preorders for the game in yet and they don't know when they will be getting it.

So, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows a place where I can Preorder the Collector's Edition? I really want a couple of the things in it and I know that if I wait too long then the only place to get it will be is Amazon, and if WoW collector's edition is any indication then it will be an outragous price.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:14 PM

Druid of the Claw

Loot Bag

Just to make myself clear, I mean is there a place online where I can preorder/buy the collector's edition.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Loremaster

I was lucky, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon at the low price of 59.99$ I'm glad I did too because now they went up to 69, and then 79 before finally selling out. I heard it's sold out in alot of other online places.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

I'm just picking mine up at Best Buy on release day. I hate waiting for preorders.

With all the hype about "ZOMG ITS SOLD OUT!" I'm sure stores will probably have plenty of copies. Keep in mind, most people preorder online at GS, EB or Amazon.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:15 PM

Druid of the Claw

So you think they'll have cpoies on release day? Cool! Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I nearly ordered it, but it's a lot of extra cost from a normal version, and the bonuses aren't in my opinion worth all the extra amount of money, since I need to save up for a few other things anyway.

Do me a favour and tell me what behind the scenes stuff there is will you?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:19 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziilyn
So you think they'll have cpoies on release day? Cool! Thanks for the advice.
They have for every CE since WarCraft 3 (Diablo II was their first so that was sort of different). I can't imagine they won't.

Either way, people are bitching and moaning like CRAZY on the WoW.com forums that they can't preorder this anymore. Blizzard would have to be stupid as hell not to produce more (esp at the markup they are charging)
Old 10-18-2006, 08:20 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

I tried to change my order, and couldnt, since the local EB was sold out of the pre-orders, and they couldnt get any more.

I have the War3 and WoW CE, so i'd love the BC one too....

too bad best buys/etc around here are mega sold out, unless you show up early AM the release day to get it, because so many people around here play that game. It was funny seeing people show up at EB when wow came out looking for it, and couldnt get one because EVERY store in the greater syracuse area was sold out.

Littlehoof - Resto Shaman - Mental Atrophy - Bloodhoof

Thrawn - Human Paladin
Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 AM

Druid of the Claw

After getting the WoW:CE, I don't see why I would want the TBC one.

It wasn't really worth it besides the 3 unique in-game pets, and the book. The DVD was cool, I mean I got to see everything they were going to put into WoW - but didn't.

I am sure the only exciting thing that will be coming out with the TBC:CE is the DVD, which will tell you all the cool things that they were going to be adding into the burning crusade but didn't haha. :0
Old 10-18-2006, 09:53 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjr
I tried to change my order, and couldnt, since the local EB was sold out of the pre-orders, and they couldnt get any more.

I have the War3 and WoW CE, so i'd love the BC one too....

too bad best buys/etc around here are mega sold out, unless you show up early AM the release day to get it, because so many people around here play that game. It was funny seeing people show up at EB when wow came out looking for it, and couldnt get one because EVERY store in the greater syracuse area was sold out.
See here I had no problem going to Best Buy on release day and just picking one up. I think in places like New York and California that's probably a real hard thing to do like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syroco
After getting the WoW:CE, I don't see why I would want the TBC one.

It wasn't really worth it besides the 3 unique in-game pets, and the book. The DVD was cool, I mean I got to see everything they were going to put into WoW - but didn't.

I am sure the only exciting thing that will be coming out with the TBC:CE is the DVD, which will tell you all the cool things that they were going to be adding into the burning crusade but didn't haha. :0
It's worth it for the Art Book (especially) and the DVD. I also thought the soundtrack in this case rocked (War 3's soundtrack SUCKED). "Echoes of the Past" was so damn awesome on that CD. Makes me wish they'd just put all the War 1 and 2 music on one of these CDs (and yes I know those used redbook audio but I don't want to carry my game disk around in my CD player Tho I should rip them as MP3s for my MP3 player )

Plus, the BC one comes with cards from the TCG which is neat.

Last edited by Warlock; 10-18-2006 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-18-2006, 10:31 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Rebirth

what was on the dvd? i wanted the WoW CE soo bad, but they ere sold out hen I finally got around to getting hte game. Made me sad, very very sad.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:21 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Just out of curiousity what was on WC3's soundtrack?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth
what was on the dvd? i wanted the WoW CE soo bad, but they ere sold out hen I finally got around to getting hte game. Made me sad, very very sad.
The one WoW Cinematic, an Art Gallery I think, and a bunch of "Behind the Scenes" features with different departments (art, lore, cinematics, map builders, etc). I havn't watched it in awhile. I think it might have also had all the old War 1/2 cinematics unless I'm thinking of the War 3 DVD and it may have had a trivia thing (real easy tho - and again, may have been the War 3 one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius
Just out of curiousity what was on WC3's soundtrack?
A bunch of crap. It was all stuff I never even really heard in game - most of it like "extended" versions of the songs, but the extended versions completely changed the songs, so for example, that cool theme that plays during the Human End Cinematic is like 30s of a 5 min song - the rest of which sucked.

I mean, I didn't particularly like the WC3 music to begin with, but I did like the cinematic music and they really butcher it. Thank god Blizzard put Call to Arms on the WoW Soundtrack at least That's a great theme (what they use for most of their teasers, and it's used in some of the War 3 cinematics - tho they change it a bit there.. I think it's kind of spread out over "Thrall's Dream" and the Human end one)

Last edited by Warlock; 10-18-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Old 10-19-2006, 03:09 PM

Demon Hunter

Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaziel
I saw that. I need to find out why their store pickup says "Coming Soon" though. I may e-mail them. I really don't want to order it online if I can get it at the store (aka release DAY, not 3 days later).

I gotta find out tho, because I am not going to wait until the thing is OUT to be able to use store pickup
Old 10-19-2006, 03:17 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Were the Frozen Throne songs on the CD? Those are some kick-ass themes.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:22 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius
Were the Frozen Throne songs on the CD? Those are some kick-ass themes.
Nope, I'm not sure if they even released a soundtrack for that game (though I think I recall if you preordered at say, GameStop they gave you a crap sample cd with like 3 songs.. but maybe I'm thinking of something else, dunno)
Old 10-19-2006, 11:42 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

By an unfortunate accident i missed the collector edition for WoW and i had to try to burrow the making of cd from my friend. Unfortunately he never remembered to give it to me and now we've lost contact.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:04 AM

Keeper of Lore

FYI, seems they sold out. It changed from "Preorder now" to "Coming Soon". I suppose it did answer a question for me though, and that was confirmation that the stores will sell copies - the fact that Store Pickup read "Coming Soon" and not "Not Available" at least confirms the stores will carry them.

I'll have to keep an eye out and see if that changes to allow store pickups tho (you *should* be able to still preorder in-store that way). Otherwise I'll just go on release day.

Edit: Oh!
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=646859

If you want it - Hurry!

Last edited by Warlock; 10-20-2006 at 09:08 AM..
Old 10-20-2006, 11:47 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Ouch!
I ordered it from EB there, but damn! That 'special handling fee' (WTF? how is a BOX odd-shaped or huge?), tax, and overnight shipping brought it up to $90.
Thanks for posting that, though, Warlock!
Member #14
Old 10-26-2006, 03:50 PM

Eternal

Any other page where you can order the collector´s edition?

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 10-26-2006, 10:24 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas
Ouch!
I ordered it from EB there, but damn! That 'special handling fee' (WTF? how is a BOX odd-shaped or huge?), tax, and overnight shipping brought it up to $90.
Thanks for posting that, though, Warlock!
Probably a result of the CE's having large boxes, which take up more shelf space. Most games these days come in the scrawnier boxes 1/4 the size of the old ones that allow for more to fit on shelves at Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc. Collector's Editions frequently come in boxes about twice the size of the old design, making them rather large next to the rest these days.