Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I guess it's because of the way the game is played I can't deal with weak people when I have to click everywhere. I'm used to garen, nasus, and I liked mord and zilaen.
So you like boring/weak champions? :p

Actually Nasus is fine in that he has a really great lategame, and after his buffs a few months back he can actually get there without being a huge burden to the team, but I just find him boring.

Garen is even worse, he is straight up dumb. He's a nice character to begin with, but as you get accustomed to LoL controls you should really shy away from him.

Zilean is pretty beast, if not hard to play effectively.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:25 PM

Banished

The LAN server currently has all champs unlocked (yay testing) so I can actually play whoever I want without feeling like i'm wasting time on a irrelevant account (like the PBE)

Does anyone else think that Cait need sorta a VU?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Does anyone else think that Cait need sorta a VU?
No

edit: LAN = latin america?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malygos View Post
No

Latin America North to be exact.

I think that she doesn't really fit Piltover's looks anymore. Vi looks more high-tech than her and she's supposed to be ratchet.

Besides the dog collar hair her model has going really annoys me
Old 06-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malygos View Post
No

Yep, Latin America North. I tranferred my smurf for the heck of it, was funny reading stuff in the spanish client, it actually made me think of numbers(such as gold or CDs) in spanish.

And yeah I was surprised when I saw that all champions were unlocked, so I tried out Lizzie.

And no Caitlyn's model and voice are fine. The main problem with her is that her skins make her normal model look horrible(That tophat is whack).
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Yep, Latin America North. I tranferred my smurf for the heck of it, was funny reading stuff in the spanish client, it actually made me think of numbers(such as gold or CDs) in spanish.

And yeah I was surprised when I saw that all champions were unlocked, so I tried out Lizzie.

And no Caitlyn's model and voice are fine. The main problem with her is that her skins make her normal model look horrible(That tophat is whack).
Sejuani was fine too. And the result was better than her old model imo.

Lizzie like Lissandra? What did you think.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Sejuani was fine too. And the result was better than her old model imo.

Lizzie like Lissandra? What did you think.
The problem with Cait's model is that riot keeps constantly changing what they want Piltover to be. It started as a sort-of Eutopia-like place with tall white buildings. Then early on the changed it to what was the status quo for a while(and when Cait was released), which is that its an industrial/steampunk city set in like, the early 20th century. And now(with the release of Jayce and Vi) it seems they want it to be a more futuristic steampunk society.

The fact that they never actually have to show factions and cities also makes it really easy for them to rearrange lore, which is kind of annoying(see Trundle).

Oh and I thought Gaga was sort fine, but the slow on her Q seemed insignificant and the damage didn't seem to be there unless you went glass canon.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Banished

I dont care about Trundle because I like his new model better. I don't agree with "His story was over" but whatever.

Lissandra doesn't do good damage on her own until late game but nonetheless she's very team reliant to get kills (she needs a jungler/lane partner or she won't get them on her own) but she's a beast avoiding/setting up ganks and harrasing. I always go Ignite+Clarity as her though, that way I don't have to worry about mana too much so I can focus on getting RoD, Zhonyas and Liandry's first (which gives her the tankiness she needs) instead of rushing Athene's

If you get matched against Kass or Ahri you're screwed though. Kass hit's harder, Fizz hits harder and Ahri having to play in parallel with the minions forces Lissandra into a hard situation
Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
I dont care about Trundle because I like his new model better. I don't agree with "His story was over" but whatever.

Lissandra doesn't do good damage on her own until late game but nonetheless she's very team reliant to get kills (she needs a jungler/lane partner or she won't get them on her own) but she's a beast avoiding/setting up ganks and harrasing. I always go Ignite+Clarity as her though, that way I don't have to worry about mana too much so I can focus on getting RoD, Zhonyas and Liandry's first (which gives her the tankiness she needs) instead of rushing Athene's

If you get matched against Kass or Ahri you're screwed though. Kass hit's harder, Fizz hits harder and Ahri having to play in parallel with the minions forces Lissandra into a hard situation
Don't take clarity like, ever. Flash is much much better, specially for setting/escaping ganks. One of the most underrated things you learn in this game is learning to use your mana efficiently. Harassing without going OoM, but still having lane presense. If you really are having mana problems or don't trust yourself to manage your mana well enough, then get a chalice. It's a very gold efficient active, and you don't have to upgrade to Athene's right away(3rd or 4th item), or ever. But honestly this game is balanced around flash, and unless your name is Hecarim or Singed, you absolutely need to always take flash. Always. Always.

And yep Kass and Fizz are basically meant to counter squishy mages who have great team fight and utility(like Karthus, Lizzie, Anivia), and are great snowballing. Your best bet against them is to forgo your normal build path and instead get Merc threads(in lieu of Sorc shoes), and rushing an abyssal scepter. Chalice is also another good item that cna help you in this case.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM

Banished

I only get clarity with her since her kit allows her to not give a fuck about ganks (E escape, W root and after 6, R stun). Since on her own she won't kill on her own, I like having them out of the lane/stay in the lane the most I can. Athene and chalice may be the most cost efficient item in the game but she needs the tankiness more imo.

Granted, that might not be factible on the ranked/competitive enviroment but I don't play that and it works for me.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

So turns out I'm not horrible with soraka, but idk how to win with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Arch-Druid

You get carried.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:15 PM

Banished

Quote:
you don't, you keep alive/with mana the other players and silence enemies so the others can kill them.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Pro tip on how to win with Soraka- Don't pick her.

Joking aside though, Soraka used to be a great all around pick for support, but nowadays she's a very niche, and dangerous pick. She is best as a lane partner to ADC's who just want to farm/poke(so Vayne/cait are good lane partners), and doesn't mesh well with ad's who want to go all in a lot(Varus, Ashe, Graves, anyone with hard initiation). The main problem with soraka is there are a lot of other supports who can do what she can do, but with a better overall kit. For example Sona has a heal(albeit weaker but more spammable), more buffs, and one of the best ults in the game, and way stronger poke. Lulu also has good poke, hard cc, speed ups, shield, and a good ultimate. Janna has much better peel, and has a better time keeping the ADC alive.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:29 PM

Eternal

Today i played as one of my waifus. I found someone and i PRESSED R and then i was like CATCH N' KILL because there's no counter play to my ult and then i killed him.

It was a good day.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Today i played as one of my waifus. I found someone and i PRESSED R and then i was like CATCH N' KILL because there's no counter play to my ult and then i killed him.

It was a good day.
Zyra? Diana? MF?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 PM

Eternal

It was vee (aka vi) you got to love those uninterruptable ultimates and/or gap closers.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM

Site Staff - Admin

LoL lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
LoL lol.
Have you been drinking again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Have you been drinking again?
I guess she didn't mix the drinks this time.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM

Elune

I don't get how pricing works. Sona is a recommended champ but costs more than Janna who has a high difficulty level.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:45 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
I don't get how pricing works. Sona is a recommended champ but costs more than Janna who has a high difficulty level.
Popularity, afaik.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Sona was released after Poppy.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Elune

Everyday, I'm slowly starting to hate anyone who plays Yi or Brand.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 PM

Banished

She's such a misfit, she's always nanana a brawl, is like her bussiness nananana, there is a difference lalalala, lalalalalalalalala....Here comes Viiiii -8-

Tags
bad character design, draven, league, league of legends, legends league, moba