Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4426  
Old 02-07-2017, 12:47 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Bravo BioWare.
I still don't really trust BioWare. The ME3 ending killed my faith in the company (and my faith in gaming companies in general).
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #4427  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I still don't really trust BioWare. The ME3 ending killed my faith in the company (and my faith in gaming companies in general).
Me too, man.

Me too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #4428  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

The eyes are so... robotic and... legit. Who did they use for MoCap?

Reply With Quote
  #4429  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I still don't really trust BioWare. The ME3 ending killed my faith in the company (and my faith in gaming companies in general).
I'd lost it with DA2.

ME3 just confirmed it was dead forever.

Truly a fine example of just how cancerous EA are.
Reply With Quote
  #4430  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,165

Default

Witcher movie still a go fer 2017?
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #4431  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Witcher movie still a go fer 2017?
Wait, what?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #4432  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Wait, what?
There was a witcher movie slated for 2017.

Guy behind the Mummy movies was directing
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #4433  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:47 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I'd lost it with DA2.

ME3 just confirmed it was dead forever.

Truly a fine example of just how cancerous EA are.
Haven't played DA2 (or any DA game), but I heard it turned off a lot of people.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #4434  
Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Sagara Sagara is offline

Arch-Druid
Sagara's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,269
BattleTag: Sagara#2842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Haven't played DA2 (or any DA game), but I heard it turned off a lot of people.
In many ways, DA2 was the "tur(d)ning point" for Bio. If you looked hard, you realized they had those really good concepts of "nobody's a good guy" and a longer, more involved storyline spanning years, as opposed to the undescript-but-can't-be-longer-than-a-year timeframe of most RPGs.
Thing is, while the high concept was good, the execution was terrible and uninspired, in mechanics as much as in storyline.

And then MA3 and DA3 came along and you could feel they were phoning it in. There wasn't even a high concept anymore, just trudging along with a new game every once in awhile because moneys, dude.

Kind of a pity - I never did bother to go and look up the original leak for the ME3 ending. I heard it was something really interesting.
__________________
*This message may have been slightly exaggerated for comedic effect. Reader discretion is advised.

Enigma will take you where Dogma cannot.
We do not create the path to Ascension, we explore it.**

**That message hasn't.
Reply With Quote
  #4435  
Old 02-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #4436  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #4437  
Old 03-10-2017, 08:12 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
There was a witcher movie slated for 2017.

Guy behind the Mummy movies was directing
Let's Americanize a Witcher movie:
  • Shooting in either England or New Zealand.
  • No Slavic cultural stuff, just generic fantasy or Game of Thrones rip-offs
  • ''You were destined for great things Geralt.''
  • Dandelion is black.
  • Geralt is played by a washed up famous actor who looks nothing like the character.
  • Yennefer bitches at him the whole movie while blazing through CGI hordes cause independent strong woman. Also played by J. Lawrence.
  • The Wild Hunt are just Nazgul with spikes.
  • ''We gotta find the amulet before the Conjunction!''
  • The kingdoms fight CGI monster armies cause why not.
  • The team races to Sauron's tower to get the amulet, the WH is already there trying to merge their world with Geralt's.
  • Big laser in the sky.
  • Shaky cam boss fight with CGI explosions all over.
  • WH defeated, team separates with Geralt brooding and Dandelion ending it on a quip.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 03-10-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4438  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

How do the faces look SO BAD in the current year?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #4439  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Let's Americanize a Witcher movie:
  • Shooting in either England or New Zealand.
  • No Slavic cultural stuff, just generic fantasy or Game of Thrones rip-offs
  • ''You were destined for great things Geralt.''
  • Dandelion is black.
  • Geralt is played by a washed up famous actor who looks nothing like the character.
  • Yennefer bitches at him the whole movie while blazing through CGI hordes cause independent strong woman. Also played by J. Lawrence.
  • The Wild Hunt are just Nazgul with spikes.
  • ''We gotta find the amulet before the Conjunction!''
  • The kingdoms fight CGI monster armies cause why not.
  • The team races to Sauron's tower to get the amulet, the WH is already there trying to merge their world with Geralt's.
  • Big laser in the sky.
  • Shaky cam boss fight with CGI explosions all over.
  • WH defeated, team separates with Geralt brooding and Dandelion ending it on a quip.
That is depressingly accurate.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #4440  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

The faces seem okay to me? I'm not really sure what everyone's so up in arms about. I'll also admit that I'm pretty terrible with faces (as in, I have some difficulty clearly recollecting a person's face unless I've seen them a ton of times), so that might have something to do with it.

Still feel meh about ME:A.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #4441  
Old 03-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,010

Default

"They're visitors, just like us."

Calling it: a big plot twist will be that the kett aren't native to Andromeda either, but are also colonists from another galaxy that got there before us.
Reply With Quote
  #4442  
Old 03-11-2017, 06:14 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
"They're visitors, just like us."

Calling it: a big plot twist will be that the kett aren't native to Andromeda either, but are also colonists from another galaxy that got there before us.
Also noticed the Krogan in the tank, which later has the same grey carapace covering him. I'm guessing the Kett 'assimilate' races? Not unlike the Reapers, just more... well, organically.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #4443  
Old 03-11-2017, 06:51 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Despite Mass Effect 3 all but killing the series for me, I'm not so vindictive as to rule it out completely.

If the reviews are good, I might pick it up when it goes on sale in a year or two.
Reply With Quote
  #4444  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:22 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,790

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagara View Post
In many ways, DA2 was the "tur(d)ning point" for Bio. If you looked hard, you realized they had those really good concepts of "nobody's a good guy" and a longer, more involved storyline spanning years, as opposed to the undescript-but-can't-be-longer-than-a-year timeframe of most RPGs.
Thing is, while the high concept was good, the execution was terrible and uninspired, in mechanics as much as in storyline.

And then MA3 and DA3 came along and you could feel they were phoning it in. There wasn't even a high concept anymore, just trudging along with a new game every once in awhile because moneys, dude.
Eh, I think DA3 is pretty okay. It had a decently clever story, made for a fun game, and they clearly made work of going the opposite route of 2's map reuse by making these massive, unique and gorgeous maps.

Quote:
Kind of a pity - I never did bother to go and look up the original leak for the ME3 ending. I heard it was something really interesting.
From what I recall, not really. The idea was that mass effect travel had a destabilizing effect on stars, and the reapers occasionally came along to murder everyone to prevent the stars from exploding.

Honestly, that seems like a really hard thing to write a good ending around.

Blue ending: Reapers form a government commission that tries to optimize usage of mass effect lanes to reduce overall traffic.
Red ending: Reapers institute a toll on using mass effect relays to make usage less economically feasible.
White ending: Reapers finance a series of tv spots encouraging intra-solar vacations and buying products made only using locally sourced products.
__________________
This is not a signature.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Reply With Quote
  #4445  
Old 03-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

I have no idea why you guys can't get over Mass Effect 3. Seriously. The ending was'NT the greatest thing on earth, shit or whatever you wanna call it, but you're all acting like battered housewives.

Edit: Woops, meant to say "wasn't", damn phone.
__________________
Game over, man. Game over.

Last edited by Ragnahar; 03-11-2017 at 10:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4446  
Old 03-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,010

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
From what I recall, not really. The idea was that mass effect travel had a destabilizing effect on stars, and the reapers occasionally came along to murder everyone to prevent the stars from exploding.

Honestly, that seems like a really hard thing to write a good ending around.

Blue ending: Reapers form a government commission that tries to optimize usage of mass effect lanes to reduce overall traffic.
Red ending: Reapers institute a toll on using mass effect relays to make usage less economically feasible.
White ending: Reapers finance a series of tv spots encouraging intra-solar vacations and buying products made only using locally sourced products.
If I remember right these were the endings:

-Shepard agrees with the Reapers after learning about the dark energy issue and lets them complete the cycle.

-Shepard unites with Cerberus to take control of the Reapers and use them to fix things while also ruling the galaxy.

-Shepard destroys the Reapers, dooming the universe to be consumed by dark energy. However there is hope that the Milky Way races can band together and find another, non genocidal way of stopping dark energy (sequel hook?).

-Shepard convinces the Reapers to work together with the Milky Way races to find another way to stop dark energy. This was meant to be the hardest to achieve, "best possible ending."

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 03-11-2017 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4447  
Old 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #4448  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:07 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Having seen some more game footage, I can now understand why everyone was so upset about the faces. They really do look awful.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #4449  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
That's amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #4450  
Old 03-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Having seen some more game footage, I can now understand why everyone was so upset about the faces. They really do look awful.
I saw some early reviews so far with the statements, "Hard to believe this game was released in 2017" lol
__________________
Game over, man. Game over.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
andromeda, bioware, ea games, mass effect, rpg, scifi, video game cutscene, video games

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.