Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

View Poll Results: Faction
Alliance 5 83.33%
Horde 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:09 AM

Hon hon hon

I like the crusader-type paladin, and I'm an agnostic (with tendencies toward Buddhism, Shintoism and Animism, at large). Hence why I have so much problems with the Light in the recent years : it smell too much of Christianity/Monotheism for me, now.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 AM

Ranger
BattleTag: Eimi#1918

I guess technically I'm agnostic, but I'm more in the sense that...all evidence we have is that there is nothing special in this universe, but boy do I want Goddesses and Gods and Angels and Daemons and all that to be real because it'd be so exciting.

Also yeah I prefer the WC2 or SC type paladins. Fill with a desire for justice and retribution, destroying their enemies in the name of the Light. "No rest, No mercy, No matter what."

Quote:
"Do they not know who we are, my brethren? We are the chosen of the Emperor, the scions of Terra. We are dominion and we are numberless. We are war itself and the death of all who oppose us. We are Humanity and we shall educate our ignorant foes as to the true meaning of that word!"
--Lord Inquisitor Aedrick Mantel of the Ordo Xenos
Old 11-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
I guess technically I'm agnostic, but I'm more in the sense that...all evidence we have is that there is nothing special in this universe, but boy do I want Goddesses and Gods and Angels and Daemons and all that to be real because it'd be so exciting.

Also yeah I prefer the WC2 or SC type paladins. Fill with a desire for justice and retribution, destroying their enemies in the name of the Light. "No rest, No mercy, No matter what."
I like you. You can be on my friends list.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Ranger

Well I just saw this...
Quote:
Wrathion and Anduin are characters to watch going forward. Anduin gets slightly older with every model update and Metzen would like to see him become king one day.

Also yay for friends!

Quote:
"Do they not know who we are, my brethren? We are the chosen of the Emperor, the scions of Terra. We are dominion and we are numberless. We are war itself and the death of all who oppose us. We are Humanity and we shall educate our ignorant foes as to the true meaning of that word!"

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I see, I'm more or less on the same kind of boat. I don't like to think we're doomed to a fate of nonexistence though.
Yes, that is exactly what I am denying on principle.

Because if you believe that all is pointless and mundane, then you lose even if you're right.

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I am a very scientific person, my reasons for denying atheism is that it brings utter pointlessness with it. If there is no God and no purpose then all we do is pointless and after aeons (or much sooner) it will fade and it will be as if it, and we, never existed.
I see very little proof that there is a greater plan or purpose so I keep hemorrhaging faith.

Basically losing faith in humanity whenever someone opens their mouth, more or less
That's the biggest turn off when it comes to atheism. You have to accept the bolded part. Not an easy choice. Not to mention pretty depressing when you think about it.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:24 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
That's the biggest turn off when it comes to atheism. You have to accept the bolded part. Not an easy choice. Not to mention pretty depressing when you think about it.
It is, but that's where philosophies like existentialism come into play. If the universe has no grand point, than it is up to the individual to come up with their own purpose and that you are free to assign meaning to what you wish.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Well I just saw this...
Don't be so cynical, Blizzard would never push a young, short-sighted, naive idiot as a leader on us like that.

They would never do something like that right? Right?

Right?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:29 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Don't be so cynical, Blizzard would never push a young, short-sighted, naive idiot as a leader on us like that.

They would never do something like that right? Right?

Right?
It was from an interview with Metzen...

I cannot see holding any hope there.

Quote:

Elune

Of course they never would.

Now a short-sighted naive idiot of whom the writers constantly forget he isn't young? That's leadership material.

Author of the Pink Engine.

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
It's the equivalant of having Bolvar or Saurfang handing Stormwind or Orgrimmar over to the Horde or Alliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Still can't bring myself to dislike Crowley. It's not his fault that the UVG's authors interpreted his actions in such a disfavorable way.
See, I was fond of Crowley, and though him retreating did make me grit my teeth, I could sympathise that at least he was shown to have an actual weakness and secondly that he was just withdrawing from what was an already lost battle; the battle outside of the Wall was pretty much a losing fight anyway as we all saw via questing. But whatever, it was a stalemate, but it was a decent ending to what was essentially there to make Horde/Forsaken players feel heroic and that's fine since Silverpine is their zone. The status quo was maintained because at least the Gilneans still had Gilneas, right?

But the UVG thing about it being ALL of Gilneas? I mean, really? REALLY? Outside of the writers interpreting it wrong they just seemed to rub salt in the wound for the sake of it. I cannot think of a race that has been so mutilated in such a short space of time, not even the Night Elves have it this bad. Gilneans were meant to be stubborn and proud... at least, Genn anyway. Fast forward to Cataclysm, they just can't wait to retreat, become Night Elves and Genn can't get his mouth away from King Chin's dick... actually, they might have more in common with the Kaldorei than I first thought.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-21-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 AM

Elune

When WoD hits I'm going to do Silverpine again just to see Ivar throw a hi-def Yorick across the room.

S'gonna look epic.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
When WoD hits I'm going to do Silverpine again just to see Ivar throw a hi-def Yorick across the room.

S'gonna look epic.
I was genuinely shocked that Ivar survived the Forsaken questing experience. I always figured they were setting him up as the big finale boss for the Hillsbrad/Arathi zone.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I was genuinely shocked that Ivar survived the Forsaken questing experience. I always figured they were setting him up as the big finale boss for the Hillsbrad/Arathi zone.
There's a lot of things that suggest that Silverpine originally had an alliance counter-questline, probably one where they worked with Ivar. Hence, survival to go do stuff in the dungeon.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
There's a lot of things that suggest that Silverpine originally had an alliance counter-questline, probably one where they worked with Ivar. Hence, survival to go do stuff in the dungeon.
It makes sense the Worgen at least would receive a phased version of Silverpine/Hillsbrad. The Forsaken go to enter Gilneas (phased) after all.

Sigh, what might have been...
Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Honestly, I would have thought that was cool but it has too much of a Forsaken aesthetic for it to work I think. Too much green and purple.

It also takes away a questing zone from the Horde to make it an Alliance and Horde zone.

It's kind of the same problem I have with Worgen questing in Darkshore, it's way too Night Elven aesthetic. Really, I personally feel places like Duskwood fit the Gilnean Worgen aesthetic the best as far as an early questing zone goes.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:46 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Honestly, I would have thought that was cool but it has too much of a Forsaken aesthetic for it to work I think. Too much green and purple.

It also takes away a questing zone from the Horde to make it an Alliance and Horde zone.

It's kind of the same problem I have with Worgen questing in Darkshore, it's way too Night Elven aesthetic. Really, I personally feel places like Duskwood fit the Gilnean Worgen aesthetic the best as far as an early questing zone goes.
See I don't quite care about tallying the questing zone. If it's a good story for the Forsaken to go into Gilneas, then it should be done to be a good story. Same with the Worgen entering into Forsaken territory to get back at them. I mean with stuff like phasing there is no reason why the player cannot go into any zone where the story would be good.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
See I don't quite care about tallying the questing zone. If it's a good story for the Forsaken to go into Gilneas, then it should be done to be a good story. Same with the Worgen entering into Forsaken territory to get back at them. I mean with stuff like phasing there is no reason why the player cannot go into any zone where the story would be good.
I would have had more Worgen vs. Forsaken in the darker types of EK zones, namely Duskwood, Western Plaguelands, maybe Eastern Plaguelands, certain parts of Arathi, and possibly Blasted Lands.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

I wish I hadnt got sidetracked for as long as I did, because this was just up my alley to argue. I was a firm believer that Garithos wasnt in the wrong doing what he did. I believe his intensions to be true, his path was a little grey. Im not even sure the current state of Lorderon, hense not playing WoW since RotLK. I dont think the human nation could ever have been as strng as it was when Lothar led the armies, and the select few closed the gates of outworld behind them. Im sorry, I shouldnt have gotten started, I dont know if i could continue this thread with a reasonable argument.

Nice to see some of the old gang again, for those who are still left.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
That was easy to say when the Alliance had more. For Horde players, it was all about Barrens Madness.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
I wish I hadnt got sidetracked for as long as I did, because this was just up my alley to argue. I was a firm believer that Garithos wasnt in the wrong doing what he did. I believe his intensions to be true, his path was a little grey. Im not even sure the current state of Lorderon, hense not playing WoW since RotLK. I dont think the human nation could ever have been as strng as it was when Lothar led the armies, and the select few closed the gates of outworld behind them. Im sorry, I shouldnt have gotten started, I dont know if i could continue this thread with a reasonable argument.

Nice to see some of the old gang again, for those who are still left.
Oh I love Garithos but...it's kind of hard to argue that in TFT he was just a one dimensional stupid idiot we were meant to hate. Later media did much to salvage him, and I never really hated in him TFT. I found him one of two major white elephants, the later being in my sig.

@Grim Oh for real. The worgen should've been major players in any zone that Forsaken show their ugly heads in. Also I would've liked to see the dapper side of the worgen as well. Because...Dapper Werewolves are awesome. But yeah...I think it's clearly been established everything about Cataclysm was beyond /awful/ for the Alliance.

I never had a problem leveling as Horde in BC. Ghostlands kinda lets you skip the worst of the Barrens. And I'm pretty sure it felt faster. Granted I had a guide them, but I never felt it and I was Horde all of BC so like 2-3 years.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 12:21 PM

Elune

I would have liked if the Twilight Grove in Duskwood had been transformed into more of a Blackwald aesthetic and a giant Gilnean hub the size of Bilgewater Harbor get built there.

That could have been the "new" Duskhaven or have it called something else.

Still thinking Duskwood as a 10-20 Human/Worgen zone and enlarged to be the size of Azshara would have been cool too.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:24 PM

Ranger

Quote:
I would have liked if the Twilight Grove in Duskwood had been transformed into more of a Blackwald aesthetic and a giant Gilnean hub the size of Bilgewater Harbor get built there.

That could have been the "new" Duskhaven or have it called something else.

Still thinking Duskwood as a 10-20 Human/Worgen zone and enlarged to be the size of Azshara would have been cool too.
That would've been cool. I've always loved Duskwood, and using the space in the middle for the worgen would be really awesome. And yeah its silly that the Goblins get a pseudo city but the worgen get...a tree.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 01:05 PM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
That's why going in a great bang instead of slowly dyeing out is important.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Eternal

Whats new in the needlessly divided fraction thread today?

Tags
action, all land is dwarf land, batshit xil, complaints, filthy savages, go'el's gaol, horrible whining, lamp posts, lordaeron, lordaeron lordaeron, orcs are definitely evil, pvp, savagery, sentinels, sylvanas, the sha is flowing, warcraft, wololo