Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:13 PM

Elune

Except if the Forsaken became humans they would have no reason to stick with the Horde. The Alliance didn't do anything to them, and the Horde isn't a threat to them. If they were suddenly Lordaeron Humans why wouldn't they rejoin the Alliance?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
Anyway this is getting off topic. My original point was that Blizzard's tendancy to over the top demonise the villain's in game overshadows and blankets any subtle deep and sympathetic qualities or motivations they might have. Really you need either or unless your a really good writer and blizzard seems to try and do both. Not every enemy has to loudly rant at us.
I think the mogu are a good example of villains done right in WoW. They were undeniably antagonists, but everything they did was because they thought it was right and what the Titans would have wanted. They were vicious and horrible people, but all the same they thought that what they did was for the betterment of the world.

But I'm biased. As I've said many times before, 5.2 is my favorite patch in the game's history.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:19 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

I hope that Garrosh at least gets a decent death in his cutscene death before the raids take place. Like Blizzard will give me even that last concession.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:22 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Except if the Forsaken became humans they would have no reason to stick with the Horde. The Alliance didn't do anything to them, and the Horde isn't a threat to them. If they were suddenly Lordaeron Humans why wouldn't they rejoin the Alliance?
Sure they would.

They have ties with the Horde and all of their memories as Forsaken, and would understand those actions and alliances as their own.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Sure they would.

They have ties with the Horde and all of their memories as Forsaken, and would understand those actions and alliances as their own.
Yes because their relationship with the Horde has been just splendid hasn't it? And why would it overrule their memories of the Alliance, which would be uniformly positive?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:23 PM

Elune

Why would the newly resurrected Lordaeron citizens join King Chin's blue Horde?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Why would the newly resurrected Lordaeron citizens join King Chin's blue Horde?
Why would they bend the knee to some troll asshole and the green aliens across the sea instead of their own kin?
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:25 PM

Elune

Who says they would?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Who says they would?
Then they would cease to become playable and we might as well have just killed them all.

Kill all Forsaken.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Hrmn... Well, I'm just going to go ahead and say I'm convinced they fit the evil bill then. Seems like a good final step towards it.
The enemy doesn't always need to be evil to they can just be well enemies of war .
Old 07-28-2014, 05:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yes because their relationship with the Horde has been just splendid hasn't it? And why would it overrule their memories of the Alliance, which would be uniformly positive?
Uniformly positive?

They've been fighting the Alliance for years.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:33 PM

Eternal

Let's be perfectly honest for a moment here. If Blizzard decided the Cure to Undeath should come around and the Forsaken race magically became humans again, they would keep the Forsaken in the Horde under the flimsy premise of the Humans of Lordaeron, being a pious people, hope to return the kindness of the Horde by remaining a part of it and trying to teach and aid them into becoming a greater civilization and society, one similar to their own. Sort of like the original goal of the Internment Camps.

They'd oppose the Alliance because like every neutral faction ever, they think the Alliance is composed of racist bigots who are not as enlightened as they (the neutrals) are.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Then they would cease to become playable and we might as well have just killed them all.

Kill all Forsaken.
It is still veeery possible for the Forsaken to be a enemy and killing Sylvanas as they could then get a new leader within the Horde like Voss or Koltira .
Old 07-28-2014, 05:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Uniformly positive?

They've been fighting the Alliance for years.
Because of their undead haze or whatnot. Are you suggesting that perfectly normal Warcraft humans would blame their neighbours for defending themselves when they attacked them?

Like, you're arguing that the thought process for these resurrected Lordaeron humans will be "Well, we attacked you unprovoked when we were undead and not thinking straight, but we're super offended that you defended yourselves from us. So offended that we're going to stick with the jungle troll and his crew of aliens from across the sea."
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:38 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Because of their undead haze or whatnot. Are you suggesting that perfectly normal Warcraft humans would blame their neighbours for defending themselves when they attacked them?

Like, you're arguing that the thought process for these resurrected Lordaeron humans will be "Well, we attacked you unprovoked when we were undead and not thinking straight, but we're super offended that you defended yourselves from us. So offended that we're going to stick with the jungle troll and his crew of aliens from across the sea."
brilliant logic right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Sweet fancy Odin's testicle, not this shit again.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Is there any interesting beta shit to talk about because it's zombie-chat until we get some.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

I don't think their actions can be pinned down to something as simple as "undead haze". They can kill or not kill people as they choose, which they display when they mostly don't kill their allies.

They made that choice to fight the Alliance out of a more or less fully functional capability of of choosing to do so or not.

Why are they still sticking with the Jungle Troll and Aliens right now? Does their "Undead Haze" convince them that this is any better of an idea than they would otherwise believe it to be?

And why would the Alliance just accept back a bunch of people who consciously made the choice to murder and experiment on them?

Turning them back to humans doesn't erase all of the actions they took of their own free will.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:45 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I like this guy. Has he considered an apprenticeship?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:45 PM

Eternal

my reaction when I realize I won a beta key from Wowhead and it was legit:

Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
my reaction when I realize I won a beta key from Wowhead and it was legit:

The lesson here is that if you bitch enough you eventually get your way.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
The lesson here is that if you bitch enough you eventually get your way.
or enter enough contests
Quote:
Old 07-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
I don't think their actions can be pinned down to something as simple as "undead haze". They can kill or not kill people as they choose, which they display when they mostly don't kill their allies.

They made that choice to fight the Alliance out of a more or less fully functional capability of of choosing to do so or not.

Why are they still sticking with the Jungle Troll and Aliens right now? Does their "Undead Haze" convince them that this is any better of an idea than they would otherwise believe it to be?

And why would the Alliance just accept back a bunch of people who consciously made the choice to murder and experiment on them?

Turning them back to humans doesn't erase all of the actions they took of their own free will.
This is making the argument that they have always been fully rational humans with skin conditions, which is dumb and wrong.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
This is making the argument that they have always been fully rational humans with skin conditions, which is dumb and wrong.
They are somewhat rational human beings who are zombies who don't care about others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
They are somewhat rational human beings who are zombies who don't care about others.
Who have demonstrated the ability to not murder people.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft