Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-09-2013, 12:37 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Human Icon (War3) The picture-heavy New Model Thread

To focus it all into one thread since i keep seeing people asking to post screenshots of them. Updated whenever something new happens and/or i find the energy to lay off the STO.
note: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...or/#characters brings you animated (well... breathing and standing-around nakid) versions of the new models.

Orc
Female:

Male:

Troll
Female:

Male:

Tauren
Female:

Male:

Forsaken
Female:

Male: ich bin Thadäus, Thadäus-däus-däus....

Blood Elf
Female:

Male:

Goblin
Female:
???

Male:
???

Human
Female:

Male:

Dwarf
Female:

Male:

Gnome
Female:

Male:

Night Elf
Female:

Male:

Draenei
Female:

Male:

Worgen
Female:
???

Male:
???

Last edited by Shaman; 03-20-2015 at 03:31 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I honestly think these models blow away the Goblin and Worgen models, they're pretty much on par with Pandaren.

Personally why I'd love for them to take another look at Worgen and Goblins someday.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Especially the strange looking buggy female worgen.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:45 AM

Sha of Disappointment

They say they will, it's just that right now the original player models take priority for obvious reasons.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:55 AM

Elune

I would love to see Tauren have more diverse hairstyle customization options besides just extra braids, like customizing their mane and everything. That would really be something. I look back at the Charr from GW2 and they have so many diverse hairstyles that go the head to the mane that it really adds a lot of flavor to them.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Female Dwarf is awesome. Now all I need is a dark iron skin.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:03 AM

Huntress

Can't remember where, but Rob Pardo confirmed that Wildhammer dwarves and mag'har orcs would be skin options, among others.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:17 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Now that's interesting.
Maybe we'll get those flashy Grimtotem Tattoos for the Tauren out of it? That'd be tasty.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:19 AM

Sentinel Queen

I want a Taunka model for my Shaman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:21 AM

Elune

I love the new Dwarf-model! All of them look amazing thus far. This is soo freaking awesome, my bro is going to love the 90-ding (he's a slow leveler).
Old 11-09-2013, 01:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesacco View Post
Can't remember where, but Rob Pardo confirmed that Wildhammer dwarves and mag'har orcs would be skin options, among others.
Did he say anything about recustomization? I'm pretty happy with most of my toons now and think I will be come the revamps, but I'd like my Dwarf to be Wildhammer.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:34 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Is everything going to be 1:1 with the existing customization options? (With them adding more obviously)

So like... will our existing models just be updated to their high-res equivalents? Or will that be possible?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Is everything going to be 1:1 with the existing customization options? (With them adding more obviously)

So like... will our existing models just be updated to their high-res equivalents? Or will that be possible?
Yes. They were very specific that they didn't want to change how we looked, just make it better.

Look at the Male Gnome in Rotal's OP for the general idea.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 AM

World Builder
BattleTag: FrosthawkSDK#1945

Male dwarf's definitely my favorite, they seem to have made the smoothest transition from neon-colored mannequins to more subdued-but-vibrant living things, and their personality seems to have benefited the most from the increase in graphical fidelity and new art direction.

The orc, disappointingly enough, seems to have a literal palette swap of Garrosh's face, not even just the polygon geometry but the skin as well.

Loving the face and the greater bone fidelity on the Forsaken male there. It's a shame that it doesn't look like the bones will be an option.

Male tauren is probably my least favorite. Not particularly a fan of how patchy the fur is. The face looks off somehow, though it will probably look better animated. It doesn't look like they even did anything to the hooves beyond a retexturing. The hands look really weird with no fur, I know that it's always been like that but before the texture resolution was so awful that it all just sort of blended together.

Oh, and TOOOOOOOOOOOOES!
As a Knight of the Silver Hand, one charge was placed upon my shoulders: protect the innocent from the wicked. Whether that be from the fel-crazed orcish Horde, the foul undead Scourge, or the common thieves or murderers of the world, my task has not changed. And yet, time and time again, I have failed to live up to these expectations. When responsibility rested solely upon me, when I had no fellow Knights to stand fast when I would inevitably falter--that was when I failed most of all. What makes you believe I would accomplish any more were I to try now?

- Morgan "Frosthawk" Serrov

Last edited by Frosthawk; 11-09-2013 at 01:48 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 02:08 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

You know, I feel like I've seen that tauren on deviantart, months ago...
Old 11-09-2013, 02:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You know, I feel like I've seen that tauren on deviantart, months ago...
Reminds me of...

Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthawk View Post
Male dwarf's definitely my favorite, they seem to have made the smoothest transition from neon-colored mannequins to more subdued-but-vibrant living things, and their personality seems to have benefited the most from the increase in graphical fidelity and new art direction.

The orc, disappointingly enough, seems to have a literal palette swap of Garrosh's face, not even just the polygon geometry but the skin as well.

Loving the face and the greater bone fidelity on the Forsaken male there. It's a shame that it doesn't look like the bones will be an option.

Male tauren is probably my least favorite. Not particularly a fan of how patchy the fur is. The face looks off somehow, though it will probably look better animated. It doesn't look like they even did anything to the hooves beyond a retexturing. The hands look really weird with no fur, I know that it's always been like that but before the texture resolution was so awful that it all just sort of blended together.

Oh, and TOOOOOOOOOOOOES!
I'd wait till I see the rest of the face and hairstyle options before passing out final judgment but yeah, the tauren model doesn't feel me up with confidence. They've taken it in the completely different direction from the savage badasses tauren used to look like in WarCraft III.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:24 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I'd wait till I see the rest of the face and hairstyle options before passing out final judgment but yeah, the tauren model doesn't feel me up with confidence. They've taken it in the completely different direction from the savage badasses tauren used to look like in WarCraft III.
Agreed. Sure, I like the new tauren model because it's a huge improvement over the current one and looks good, but as far as I can tell, it simply isn't the kind of tauren I fell in love with in WC 3.

(Not that I expected them to be. That ship has sailed. )

Last edited by Nazja; 11-09-2013 at 02:30 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 02:35 AM

Eternal

I want the Taunka too! Dammit Blizzard! I'm entitled!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Can't wait to see my female gnome mage using this new model. So cute! ^_^

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-09-2013, 02:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post

They noted that the Male Dwarf hair in the "before" model that they used could not be replicated, since it was all over the place, so they tried to make it as identical as possible.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:11 AM

Hon hon hon

Didn't we see a new female draenei model in the trailer ? At least, she seemed strange, compared to the usual model. But maybe it was the snow effect ?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:16 AM

Sha of Disappointment

The models in that trailer all looked prettied up, i wouldn't count them as new models until we see them. Really like the face of the female, though.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:20 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

The female gnome kinda reminds me of Alberich in Münster's Tatort.

Also, what Rotal said.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
The models in that trailer all looked prettied up, i wouldn't count them as new models until we see them. Really like the face of the female, though.
The male draenei seemed to have the basic face, to me. But the new orc female model, if we had a glimpse to it when she fought the Ranger or the one with the glowing tatoos, seems pretty good.

I'm torn, now, between uping one of my Alliance toon once more and use the boost to 90 for an Horde alt (since I've only a troll priestess) or one another Alliance character...

Either way, I'll have to reinstall MoP and all, to up my female draenei warrior to 90, since she is only 86 and I don't want to waste time with her when WoD will get out.

Last edited by Korath; 11-09-2013 at 03:28 AM..

Tags
dwarves, new character models, races, world of warcraft