Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Ner'zhul's is covered fine in the game itself, honestly. I'd love one for him too but it just isn't necessary.
I'd honestly like to see 'first contact' between the Shadowmoon and K'ara. Maybe some interactions between Ner'zhul and the Dark Naaru.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Blackhand fall into lava.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Eternal

So does Orgrim still look like this in-game though?

Old 10-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Eternal

I do like all the small little touches. Before Blackhand is eaten by lava he's smooth of skin but after he's covered in burns, and before his armor is normal but after it becomes cracked by fire and lava.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I'd honestly like to see 'first contact' between the Shadowmoon and K'ara. Maybe some interactions between Ner'zhul and the Dark Naaru.
Okay I admit, seeing the orcs looking up as the Genedar falls through the sky would be really cool.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnfeld View Post
Considering how Blackhand took this name after the events of the comic, yeah this does seem to count in the main timeline. Somehow our main timeline Orgrim still defeated Blackhand, while in Warlords of Draenor he dies so easily to him.
Orgrim took Blackhand be surprise assassination in the MU, unless that was retconned like his cheating in the duel with Lothar was, I can't remember.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Orgrim took Blackhand be surprise assassination in the MU, unless that was retconned like his cheating in the duel with Lothar was, I can't remember.
According to Tides of Darkness novel was an honor duel.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:06 PM

Elune

Blackhand being a furnace in the MU doesn't make any sense. Also, his children aren't even in WoD or this comic.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 PM

Elune

Eh, they were different situations and Doomhammer was about 8-ish years younger in WoD. I can buy it.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:09 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Blackhand being a furnace in the MU doesn't make any sense. Also, his children aren't even in WoD.
Maybe the spirits withdrew their 'blessing' to him in the MU after the Horde went all fel?

Also the comic doesn't really show him as a furnace. He's burnt and he obviously has a stone hand now but he isn't glowy and actively burning. That's probably just a feature of the armor itself and, again, he can stand that heat because of the aforementioned blessing.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Blackhand being a furnace in the MU doesn't make any sense. Also, his children aren't even in WoD or this comic.
To be fair his children at this time period would be about 4-6.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
So now we know how Blackhand becomes a walking furnace
No we don't. All we know is how he got his black hand. He still looks nothing like a furnace.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 10-10-2014, 12:13 PM

Elune

Yeah Griselda, Rend, and Maim wouldn't be anywhere near a battlefield in WoD. No warlocks to age them.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:16 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
No we don't. All we know is how he got his black hand. He still looks nothing like a furnace.
Panel seven. "Who...? I dont understand. There's no more pain." Sounds like he was being burned horribly for a moment before it no longer hurt/the elementals made it so he don't hurt from burning or fire. Or lava.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah Griselda, Rend, and Maim wouldn't be anywhere near a battlefield in WoD. No warlocks to age them.
You kidding? Orcs should already be chieftains at that age!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:21 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Still, it would be nice if they officially confirm whether they're "blades in the grass" or just unseen in the background.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuv View Post

Also the comic doesn't really show him as a furnace. He's burnt and he obviously has a stone hand now but he isn't glowy and actively burning. That's probably just a feature of the armor itself and, again, he can stand that heat because of the aforementioned blessing.
When struck by an axe by Yrel in the Talador cinematic, he seems to bleed magma, and the wound appears to be in an area not protected by armor.

Its not just because of his armor, and he definitely has more than heat resistance.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Arch-Druid

If our MU Blackhand was like this I can see how he'd earned the respect of all the clans and how he came to warchief status without question. I mean the guy's "blessed" by the furies, a badass warrior and a good tactician.

Someone should probably tweet Neilson about the whole thing though. I am curious if this was like Lords of War and is canon for the MU as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Arch-Druid

His insides are literally granted lava/fire. You can see his eyes beeing normal at the start, then after the elemental granted him a chance, his eyes and color pallette changes. It's obvious that fire is part of him now.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
If our MU Blackhand was like this I can see how he'd earned the respect of all the clans and how he came to warchief status without question. I mean the guy's "blessed" by the furies, a badass warrior and a good tactician.

Someone should probably tweet Neilson about the whole thing though. I am curious if this was like Lords of War and is canon for the MU as well.
I sent one earlier.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Obviously Drek'thar was jealous of Blackhand.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:46 PM

Elune

I asked Neilson too but until/if it's shot down I'm going with "yes." Just don't see any reason to doubt that this would if Lords of War does.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:47 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I asked Neilson too but until/if it's shot down I'm going with "yes." Just don't see any reason to doubt that this would if Lords of War does.
Yea i'm going with MU canon too. I mean this does explain how he earned the moniker Blackhand.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:48 PM

Eternal

Really the easiest explanation for the differences with MU Blackhand is that when the spirits rejected the orcs, he was never able to fully become 'one' with the elements.

Alternatively, he could have become more of an elemental-powered orc through whatever Dark Shamanism they're using in the Iron Horde or just from continued manipulation of the lava furies within Blackrock Mountain due to the technology they're using.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Arch-Druid

I've noticed a recuring theme for the Iron Horde that I actually think it's rather facinating for a game like WoW atleast. Basicly the theme of it all is that the Clans have had a godawful life on Draenor as a whole and that thier only chance at supremacy is to do crazy things to themselves or to others, as opposed to just doing because they are bored or were corrupted like other villains.

You could say that Grom has been obviously manipulated again, but his ideals are that if they don't do this, they are basicly screwed, not just doing it for sport. Though Orc culture is also the thrill of battle, that's another point that isn't completely relevant to what is happening to them on this pretty fucking scary planet.

And then we have Gul'dan is who is just a bastard, it's ok though, we need one crazy standout. (and he isn't part of the Iron Horde)
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft