Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
That actually seamed neat having lore tidbits for crafting material. Shamed they gutted it :/
Would you rather....fuck it. That is bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:52 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post

Metzen's self-portrait?
Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson merged.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:04 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
And then in future expansions we can fight the Cherry Horde, the Blueberry Horde, and the Lemon Lime Horde.
Blueberries are an Alliance theme!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
I just read through the WC2 manual and only found this passage:

Nothing else on the Blackrocks per se.

But hey, who's there:

Metzen's self-portrait?
gruffer, black haired anduin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:15 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Did you have to ruin the fun?
Old 10-11-2014, 11:06 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Cool

Quote:
Did you have to ruin the fun?
It was a good run while it lasted.

Anyway, I went ahead and created the thread for people to post their ideas about the way things should have gone in WoW's past. The link is below.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/....php?p=1216080
Old 10-11-2014, 02:06 PM

Eternal

https://twitter.com/Gurzog/status/520954723340652544

I don't always add transmogrification gear. But when I do, I make it untransmoggable.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:24 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
https://twitter.com/Gurzog/status/520954723340652544

I don't always add transmogrification gear. But when I do, I make it untransmoggable.
The invisible shoulders are meant for a specific set only (the monk start screen set). If they wanted you to be able to have no shoulders on, they'd give you an option in the menu. There's an invisible chestpiece that's also untransmoggable, isn't there? Same principle.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
The invisible shoulders are meant for a specific set only (the monk start screen set). If they wanted you to be able to have no shoulders on, they'd give you an option in the menu. There's an invisible chestpiece that's also untransmoggable, isn't there? Same principle.
But the point of adding those starter sets is making them available as transmogrification sets, so it's counterproductive.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:32 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

They should just make all of the class armours BoE.. or BoA. (at least the character thingy majingy).
Old 10-11-2014, 02:34 PM

Elune

Blizzard's devs are so out of touch with reality sometimes.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:11 PM

Elune

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. The set's reason for existence is to be a transmog set.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Blizzard's devs are so out of touch with reality sometimes.
And the fanbase. I think they're so focused inwards on themselves, they really can't stand or pay attention fan criticisms or wants. The lack of interactivity or participation by Blizz on the forums, especially the beta forums, makes that pretty clear.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:21 PM

Elune

Everyone talks about the female tauren's goat face, but do you know what I fuckin' hate? Female human duck lips, that's what!!! I FUCKING HATE FEMALE HUMAN'S DUCK LIPS FACE SO.FUCKING.MUCH!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 04:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Everyone talks about the female tauren's goat face, but do you know what I fuckin' hate? Female human duck lips, that's what!!! I FUCKING HATE FEMALE HUMAN'S DUCK LIPS FACE SO.FUCKING.MUCH!!!
The faces have improved dramatically over the course of beta. Are you referring to the old faces, or do you think the current iterations are 'duckface'?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
The faces have improved dramatically over the course of beta. Are you referring to the old faces, or do you think the current iterations are 'duckface'?
Y-you don't even know what I'm talking about? There are currently a few faces of the female human model with that stupid "duck lips" look like if they're about to take a "selfie".

God, there's another word I hate. Why is selfie suddenly a thing? People realize that "taking a picture of myself with a camera" isn't exactly a new concept, right?
Old 10-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Y-you don't even know what I'm talking about? There are currently a few faces of the female human model with that stupid "duck lips" look like if they're about to take a "selfie".

God, there's another word I hate. Why is selfie suddenly a thing? People realize that "taking a picture of myself with a camera" isn't exactly a new concept, right?
I agree that they had that problem at the start of beta, same with female Draenei, but I don't see any issue with their current faces? They look kind of weird when static, but in motion I think they kinda look good?

Old 10-11-2014, 05:40 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

so

because blizzard has unmogable invisible shoulders this makes them...out of touch how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
so

because blizzard has unmogable invisible shoulders this makes them...out of touch how?
Some people don't like the fact that the shoulder armor tends to be... for lack of a better phrase... goddamn ridiculous, and can look out of place on otherwise decent transmog sets. Thus, people have wanted the ability to turn off shoulder graphics since... I wanna say 4.3? Maybe earlier. But Blizzard refuses because they feel the shoulders are very easily recognizable; that was part of their justification that the PvP shoulders from way back in season 3 required an 1850 arena rating to buy.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Elune

I'm just baffled that they made invisible shoulders for a set made with the specific purpose of transmog and then didn't make the shoulders moggable. That's just completely and totally bizarre.

The invisible chest from Hinterlands should be moggable along with those shoulders. And I want invisible cloth shoulders for my warlock so he can show the tattoos the WoD robes give you.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:59 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

I suppose I won't be wrong for assuming the notion for turnable off shoulders exists since like forever, since the very beginning. But yeah, 4.3 introduced transmogrification, and the problem has escalated.

Mind you, Blizz has already strayed away from their silhouette principle when they allowed to change appearance of our gear. A small step, sure, but still it was something. Then 5.2 relaxed the limitations a bit more. But still we are stuck with those goddamn FUKCHUEG Shoulders of Doom (and, to lesser extent, wrestling championship belts).

One more thing to pick on: DKs already have their transmogrifiable invisible belt. Why can monks or anybody else have no invisible shoulders or belts or else? (Also, WTB modelless bracers for my priest.)
Old 10-11-2014, 06:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I still think DK's and Monks got really shortchanged as far as new transmog stuff goes. DK's can pretty much already get that starter gear and Monks can't even transmog the shoulders.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
I think the funniest part is that the set is leather, right? Even if it wasn't Monk only, only Druids would also profit from it. And half of their specs force them into shapeshift forms (I've been saving so much money on my Druid, holy shit) anyway.
You forgot rogues.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:42 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
I'm just baffled that they made invisible shoulders for a set made with the specific purpose of transmog and then didn't make the shoulders moggable. That's just completely and totally bizarre.
Thousands of manhours to design them.
Millions of manhours to implement them.
Billions of manhours to mark them as untransmoggable.

One manhour to tap your colleague on the shoulder to provide him with a good laugh at the already annoyed players you just trolled.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 10-11-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 10-11-2014, 06:44 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
so

Are you ever not obnoxious?
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft