Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I don't want to go to this planet anymore.
I was just starting to feel relatively optimistic about Warlords of Draenor again. Why must Blizzard make this so difficult!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:52 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Theory: Blizzard noticed their more (delusions?) hyped expansions tends to get fewer subscriptions, so they want to maintain it (because they overhype) at a lower level.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Theory: Blizzard noticed their more (delusions?) hyped expansions tends to get fewer subscriptions, so they want to maintain it (because they overhype) at a lower level.
I have high hopes for next expansion if the full team is trained by the end of WoD.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Elune

I can't wait for the new and improved 16 month content drought.

Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 10-12-2014 at 09:36 PM..
Old 10-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I have high hopes for next expansion if the full team is trained by the end of WoD.
I have high hopes for the newer and more improved excuses for delays, broken promises, and cut content.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:45 PM

Mountain Giant

The way I see it, Blizzard is out of excuses after this.

If they fail to deliver on WoD and the following expansion, it might be too late for them, and that isn't something I want to see happen.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:57 PM

Elune

They will definitely have egg on their faces if they fuck up as royally with the next expansion as they have with WoD.

Should be interesting to watch, if nothing else.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtheria View Post
Am I only now noticing that it says "Warlards" instead of "Warlords" in the title or did someone change it?
Warloads of Gaynore.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
They do seem to be building them and Zul up quite a bit. I could see him being an expansion big bad, hopefully not the naga one though.

My preferred outcome would be to have a naga risen continent expansion, and a separate Zandalari one with some sort of archipelago continent re-working the "mongrel horde" concept so it isn't trolls, trolls, trolls.
A focus on the Loa could be cool since we could get into really old Azerothian lore from back before the Old Gods were put down. The Loa have been around since Azeroth first formed after all and they created the trolls if the vision from Shadows of the Horde is right.

One thing I've been wondering for a while now though is what is the thing with Zandalari and ravens. The prophet you fight while levelling has them in his attacks and there are ravens all over the Zandalari section of the timeless Isle which have a fair bit of health and fly off when you attack them.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Elune

Since WoD's problem was a huge influx from Titan that messed everything up, I don't expect things to be as awfully managed in the next expansion. There shouldn't be any more internal shake-ups like that.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:34 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Since WoD's problem was a huge influx from Titan that messed everything up, I don't expect things to be as awfully managed in the next expansion. There shouldn't be any more internal shake-ups like that.
I'm optimistic as well, but recently Blizzard always seems to find some reason for their poor delivery. I just really hope they can get back on their feet and start producing more content for us to enjoy without having to make excuses.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 AM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
The way I see it, Blizzard is out of excuses after this.

If they fail to deliver on WoD and the following expansion, it might be too late for them, and that isn't something I want to see happen.
There's something really funny about this.

'If this expansion AND the next one both suck I am so done.'
Old 10-13-2014, 12:46 AM

Problemsolver

Sargeras corrupted the Eredar? Illidan is suddenly crazy and all-out villainy? Magtheridon was merely imprisoned? That's it, I'm quitting.

Muradin lives? Arthas purged Ner'zhul from the Lich King? The Scourge barely controls Northrend? That's it, I'm quitting.

Malfurion is the new king of the Night Elves? Most storylines in Vanilla are rewritten? Stormwind's Park district gets blown up? That's it, I'm quitting.

Pandas, pandas, pandas, pandas? That's it, I'm quitting.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:48 AM

Mountain Giant

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrune View Post
There's something really funny about this.

'If this expansion AND the next one both suck I am so done.'
That's not quite what I said.

Personally, I will continue to play WoW until the universe implodes. My previous statement was more along the lines of... Blizzard has very little time to show the WoW community that they can live up to the expectations they have set.

Last edited by Barlie; 10-13-2014 at 12:51 AM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Decided to go on the sandbox and see what they did to the inside of Karabor assuming that they just removed it now. Seems I was right.

So basically, Blizzard just blatantly lied to us. That's nice.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
So basically, Blizzard just blatantly lied to us. That's nice.
but yarathir, they never intended for karabor or bladespire hold to be capitals!

remember when they said that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Oh my god guys, just stop following game development, it's clearly some experience of all encompasing misery for you guys since you can't seem to let anything go. You'll be so much happier lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Since WoD's problem was a huge influx from Titan that messed everything up
tell me more

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-13-2014 at 01:46 AM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:47 AM

Elune

The Temple of Karabor, now with 100% less Temple.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:49 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Oh my god guys, just stop following game development, it's clearly some experience of all encompasing misery for you guys since you can't seem to let anything go. You'll be so much happier lol.

Yes, a game company not living up to its word and then lying blatantly about it, and we're at fault for not liking it. Welcome to the new gaming, people.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Quote:
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yes, a game company not living up to its word and then lying blatantly about it, and we're at fault for not liking it.
You're at fault for obsessively monitoring thing that might not end up going your way, in addition to not being able to get over things that don't go your
way.

Life goes on man, either enjoy the game as it's gonna be or stop playing it and stop worrying about it.

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-13-2014 at 01:58 AM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
You're at fault for obsessively monitoring thing that might not end up going you way, in addition to not being able to get over things that don't go your way.

Life goes on man, either enjoy the game as it's gonna be or stop worrying about it.

If companies say something, they gotta live up to it. And if they can't, they should be honest about it and try to work on making it happen later. Not throw out weak excuse after weak excuse and lie after lie, and then tell people that they should deal with change after people find out that they've been lying.

And good way to preserve the status quo. I'll remind you of that "enjoy the game as it's gonna be or stop worrying about it." mantra if I see you with character model qualms, class nerf qualms, or hell, any type of qualms that can realistically be changed for the better but hasn't been when 6.0.2 drops.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 02:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
If companies say something, they gotta live up to it. And if they can't, they should be honest about it and try to work on making it happen later. Not throw out weak excuse after weak excuse and lie after lie, and then tell people that they should deal with change after people find out that they've been lying.

And good way to preserve the status quo. I'll remind you of that "enjoy the game as it's gonna be or stop worrying about it." mantra if I see you with character model qualms, class nerf qualms, or hell, any type of qualms that can realistically be changed for the better but hasn't been when 6.0.2 drops.
Pori is never unhappy.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
I'll remind you of that "enjoy the game as it's gonna be or stop worrying about it." mantra if I see you with character model qualms, class nerf qualms, or hell, any type of qualms that can realistically be changed for the better but hasn't been when 6.0.2 drops.
Do you know what I do when I have qualms about this game?

I, usually metaphorically sometimes literally, turn towards THE METRIC SHIT TON OF OTHER MEDIA THERE IS IN THE WORLD THAT IS CREATED TO POTENTIALLY ENTERTAIN ME.

Why the hell would I shitpost on a fan website? Sometimes things I like go a different direction than I want because I am not in charge of them. That's fine; it's frustrating, but it's fine. Because sometimes I go to the store and the thing I want is sold out. Sometimes I start flirting with a guy or a girl and they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Sometimes I order clothes online and it isn't quite what I thought what it would be. Life goes on. I can't get hung up on shit like that, my life would be absolutely miserable if I did. There are so many fucking games on this stupid turning planet why would anyone spend so much time hating just one.

Last edited by Porimlys; 10-13-2014 at 02:05 AM..
Old 10-13-2014, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Pori is never unhappy.

I'm okay with that. If he's okay with lying developers who create false expectations and then blame the player-base for those expectations they created, unwilling to owe up to their own mistakes and face the consequences for they themselves stoking the fires and hyping things up -- if he's wiling to let gaming studios do shit like that without any form of consequence, that's okay. But he shouldn't mock people for not being like him.

Some people actually care about being lied to by a company that they pay. I didn't pay my Blizzcon ticket to get hot air blown up the ass. I don't tweet devs on Twitter to hear untruths.

Quote:
Do you know what I do when I have qualms about this game?

I, usually metaphorically sometimes literally, turn towards THE METRIC SHIT TON OF OTHER MEDIA THERE IS IN THE WORLD THAT IS CREATED TO POTENTIALLY ENTERTAIN ME.

Why the hell would I shitpost on a fan website?

So basically, don't hold a company responsible for spreading falsehoods. Just deal with it and gobble that shit up or move on? Seems like a wise way to make sure all other media goes down the same path.

And nice going, demonizing a post simply because it doesn't praise Blizzard. You taking lessons from Quirnheim now?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2014, 02:06 AM

Elune

Quote:

So basically, don't hold a company responsible for spreading falsehoods.
How are you holding them responsible right now?

Quote:
Just deal with it and gobble that shit up or move on?
Yeah. YES

YES THAT'S IT THAT'S EXACTLY IT. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS YOU BUY IT OR YOU DON'T WHY GET HUNG UP ON WHAT YOU AREN'T BUYING.

Quote:
And nice going, demonizing a post simply because it doesn't praise Blizzard. You taking lessons from Quirnheim now?
It's just boring, dude. It's so fucking boring now. I know ya'll are more interesting than this.

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft