Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-16-2014, 05:05 AM

Treant

Alliance Flag Does the WoD Login theme hint at something?

A thought occurred to me when I first heard the WoD Login theme.

As we know, there's a very underused but awesome Warcraft 3 Human theme in the music right at the end. This might be a long shot but it could mean the final raid will be a Siege of Stormwind type thing, where Grom and his apparently fel-infused company have taken over Stormwind using that portal in the hills.

I don't think this would be too out of the ordinary and Blizzard may actively pursue it to balance out the fact that we sieged Orgrimmar last expansion. It just seems that the music is quite out of place in the login theme if it turns out that there wasn't a big human-related thing happening. And yeah, I know Warcraft 3's Human campaigns are mostly concerned with Lordaeron and Blood Elves, so that puts a bit of a dint in the theory, but I don't have any better explanation. Maybe it is just there for fun. Thoughts?
Old 10-16-2014, 05:07 AM

Elune

There's been a few hints towards Siege of Stormwind as I recall. There was the Chinese interview - take that with a bucket of salt - as well as the 'First Invasion of the Iron Horde' item that was datamined if I remember right. Nothing solid mind you. Of course, there's nothing really solid and given the hints of having just two-tiers this time around things point more to Taraan Jungle/Iron Citadel.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:50 AM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
There's been a few hints towards Siege of Stormwind as I recall. There was the Chinese interview - take that with a bucket of salt - as well as the 'First Invasion of the Iron Horde' item that was datamined if I remember right. Nothing solid mind you. Of course, there's nothing really solid and given the hints of having just two-tiers this time around things point more to Taraan Jungle/Iron Citadel.
Ooo that could have had an influence over sparking my thought, I just forgot about it. I often read the Chinese leaks but as you said, I also take them with a grain of salt.

I'm not aware of this first invasion of the Iron Horde thing though, what was that?
Old 10-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_lmr View Post

I'm not aware of this first invasion of the Iron Horde thing though, what was that?
Can't remember what it was precisely, but essentially there was mention of how you got your reward (achievement or pet, it was a long while ago) for stopping the First Iron Horde invasion.

Why even mention it being the first when it seemed like it would be the only? First typically indicates there's going to be a second.

In addition to what's been mentioned, there's the fact that Stormwind seems to be in the crosshairs a bit. Everbloom and UBRS both end with a threat to Stormwind (Everbloom ends on the hill above with a genesaur ready to spread its plants, UBRS has Zaela attempting to cause Blackrock Mountain to blow its top and cover Stormwind in lava). It seemed a bit odd to many of us that Stormwind was suddenly very much in danger like that.

And finally, there's the whole repeating-history thing that is going on here. Warcraft 1 ended with Stormwind sacked...
Old 10-16-2014, 12:32 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Lothar

Our Stormwind or their Stormwind? Because if its their Stormwind then that opens up a whole new continent to mess with.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:45 PM

Elune

Our Stormwind, presumably.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

We aren't going to see AU Azeroth.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
And finally, there's the whole repeating-history thing that is going on here. Warcraft 1 ended with Stormwind sacked...
Yes, this would be quite poetic, and Blizzard seems to be intent on repeating history for certain things, like Grom killing Mannoroth.

Also, the other examples about Stormwind being in the crosshairs ties into the Lords of War cinematics being from a Stormwind perspective.

I think we're on to something. This feels like R + L = J.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:32 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Does this mean we can fix the goddamn park?
Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Nah the Iron Horde will invade the Park explaining why it's still destroyed.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

The Iron Horde managing to invade Azeroth again and reaching SW would be incredibly unbelievable. After all the their losses, how would they be able to manage this?

Oh well, at least it could mean that human armour sets are nigh.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Yeah, i'm in the process of converting the park into a large balcony with a war memorial. It'll have a spot in the center for actual heroes of Azeroth. The rest will be for people who dicked around on an island and destroyed it before actually going to fight the Horde.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The Iron Horde managing to invade Azeroth again and reaching SW would be incredibly unbelievable. After all the their losses, how would they be able to manage this?

B....but it'd be the Iron FEL Horde!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post

Same way that Garrosh's Kor'kron (who we're now being told are a minority of Orcs) can threaten the world and need both the Alliance and Rebellion to stop him.

Fuck it, maybe Stormwind will just forget it was fighting a war like before.

Quote:
The park is fixed, with the moonwell being replaced by a statue of Tirion, Khadgar and Anduin.

However due to the #savage'ry of the Iron Horde invasion the Dwarven District and Cathedral Square are left in ruins. This time however, the damage of such a siege is reflected in-game because suddenly story is important.

Edit: Fuck I just made another cynical/whine post. I told myself I wasn't going to do that.

Last edited by Drusus; 10-16-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Old 10-16-2014, 07:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Can't remember what it was precisely, but essentially there was mention of how you got your reward (achievement or pet, it was a long while ago) for stopping the First Iron Horde invasion.

Why even mention it being the first when it seemed like it would be the only? First typically indicates there's going to be a second.

In addition to what's been mentioned, there's the fact that Stormwind seems to be in the crosshairs a bit. Everbloom and UBRS both end with a threat to Stormwind (Everbloom ends on the hill above with a genesaur ready to spread its plants, UBRS has Zaela attempting to cause Blackrock Mountain to blow its top and cover Stormwind in lava). It seemed a bit odd to many of us that Stormwind was suddenly very much in danger like that.

I'd like to know how the hell she intended for the lava to travel hundreds of miles, up over a mountain chain and then down into Stormwind. There is no way, even using game distance, that Blackrock Mountain can threaten Stormwind with lava or anything volcanic except maybe ash (and that is ignoring the winds and stormy weather never shown in game that gave Stormwind its name in the first place. Any such ash or smoke would be blown away from Stormwind.)
Old 10-16-2014, 07:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
I'd like to know how the hell she intended for the lava to travel hundreds of miles, up over a mountain chain and then down into Stormwind. There is no way, even using game distance, that Blackrock Mountain can threaten Stormwind with lava or anything volcanic except maybe ash (and that is ignoring the winds and stormy weather never shown in game that gave Stormwind its name in the first place. Any such ash or smoke would be blown away from Stormwind.)
I blame orcs.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:49 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Supervolcano.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

SoS is still a thing, haven't seen anything that would eliminate it as a possibility except maybe them talking about 2 raid tiers only this expansion.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:39 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Obviously the lava would arc upwards like a water fountain.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Supervolcano.

In that case it would also affect Ironforge. A supervolcano means massive earthquakes that would affect -all- of the lands for several zones around Blackrock Mountain, and the Burning Steppe and Searing Gorge would be -gone-.

Quote:
Obviously the lava would arc upwards like a water fountain.
That would seriously break suspension of belief for a lot of people. Not even the Firelord Ragneros was able to control lava that much.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:00 AM

Elune

Orc Icon (War3)

''Me orc. Me burn pink skins with volcano.''
Old 10-17-2014, 10:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

"Kill the one in the dress!"
Old 10-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Im sorry but i have to do this