Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21676  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

So the Warlock feat of strength is called Breaker of the Black Harvest, does that mean that the Warlock player is an enemy of the faction or something?
  #21677  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:08 AM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
So the blasted lands questline gives loot...to only some people.
How do you mean? I've done it twice now and there was no loot.
  #21678  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
So the Warlock feat of strength is called Breaker of the Black Harvest, does that mean that the Warlock player is an enemy of the faction or something?
Nah, you're just their armed thug, taking care of problems (breaking people).
  #21679  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Valtheria Valtheria is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Valtheria's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 507
BattleTag: Frostbane#1378

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
There's still a black skin it's just not AS black.
Skin's blacker than mine. :s
__________________
Have fun.
  #21680  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Yakitori Yakitori is offline

Arch-Druid
Yakitori's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,074

Default

So... it's a slightly rockier than normal pre-expansion patch, then? I'm not entirely sure if I can be surprised that something went wrong, because I think something always goes wrong. It's just that more things went wrong than usual.

I do find it fun that everybody is acting so surprised that the excrement was bodily flung into the air redistribution device. Was the MoP pre-patch really that stable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
So many of the new models are appalling. Some look finished, others look unfinished, some are just downright terrible.

I really hope they are not done, but the Art teams silence seems to be my answer.
I'm holding onto my optimism that they're still working on the models, they're just staying quiet because they're working on the faces and re-rigging things to fix tears and the like. That or they all died and nobody has noticed yet...
__________________
Disgruntled Forsaken Stable Master
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee."
  #21681  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,999

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
How do you mean? I've done it twice now and there was no loot.
I'm thinking it might only be for boosted characters.
  #21682  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 AM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm thinking it might only be for boosted characters.
Nope. One of the characters I did it on was my newly boosted shaman that I was talking about in here a bit back. No loot.
  #21683  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,999

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Nope. One of the characters I did it on was my newly boosted shaman that I was talking about in here a bit back. No loot.
My boosted shaman got loot. Maybe it's a glitch then?

Come to think of it, said shaman was boosted from the pre-order a long time ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, WoW model viewer is now completely broken, so hopefully that'll motivate people to get a new working version out.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 10-15-2014 at 01:38 AM..
  #21684  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:38 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

What kind of loot are we talking about, anyways?
  #21685  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:38 AM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
What kind of loot are we talking about, anyways?
It's just level 515-520 gear, but that's really good for boosted characters, so I'm kinda sad I didn't get any.
  #21686  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:42 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
My boosted shaman got loot. Maybe it's a glitch then?

Come to think of it, said shaman was boosted from the pre-order a long time ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, WoW model viewer is now completely broken, so hopefully that'll motivate people to get a new working version out.
well that's my machinima borked then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
  #21687  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
It's just level 515-520 gear, but that's really good for boosted characters, so I'm kinda sad I didn't get any.
I hope that my warrior gets some, then.
  #21688  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:58 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Smashing the keyboard like a rabid monkey sure is fun.
I like explosions!
  #21689  
Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 AM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

I had a full heroic raid gear friend get the trinket from the last quest. Had another friend get ring from the first, something else, than the trinket. The first was non boosted. The second was.
  #21690  
Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
I've honestly haven't been following forums, so, sorry there
Still games are usually not tuned around lvl 30
.
Though it does you no good if a player can't level past 30.
  #21691  
Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,949

Default

Maybe it's supposed to be random. A taste of things to come, like the random epicness of rewards. Just that, this time, it's a random reward instead of an improvement.
  #21692  
Old 10-15-2014, 02:43 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Lok'tar Motherfuckers.
  #21693  
Old 10-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Someone pointed out to me that you can buy a lot (maybe all?) of the Cata sets for gold now. Dunno if that's old news, but it was great news for me.
__________________
  #21694  
Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 AM
ARM3481 ARM3481 is offline

Loremaster
ARM3481's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,565

Default

You know...the Iron Horde would seem at least a little more intimidating if the Ironmarch vanguard mobs weren't so hilariously undertuned, or maybe if Varian had more than the equivalent of Northshire's NPC guards helping Maraad to stem the "iron tide".

Apparently the Alliance and Horde must have been so confident in achieving peace that they dissolved their entire armies in the months between Orgrimmar's fall and WoD. But it's all right - who needs things like soldiers and tanks and airships and demolishers when fifty footmen based from a cluster of three tents can flail around ineffectually while I'm one-shotting most of these iron bozos on my prot-specced warrior?

You know...my biggest issue with the Iron Horde? That it hearkens back to WarCraft II. Because for all the nostalgic value in it, in WCII the orcs weren't really a race. Not in the ways that matter. They were monsters with a rogue's gallery of variably "odd" leaders in charge. They were a small handful of leaders with names and identifying quirks who mattered, surrounded by an endless supply of disposable fodder that nobody cared about slaughtering wholesale because WCIII and Lord of the Clans hadn't come along to suggest the rest of them were actual people yet.

I don't feel the "threat" of the Iron Horde, because most of it doesn't feel invested in what it's doing. It's comprised mostly of the same interchangeable orcs as the old Horde, just mindlessly obeying not because we've been told that they all share in Grom's fears and reasons, but because he and the other big names have a set of reasons to feed an endless supply of nameless orcs into the meat grinder all over again.
  #21695  
Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

They're definitely tuned for the boosted 90s. Actually had a pretty hard time getting through those quests on my monk
__________________
  #21696  
Old 10-15-2014, 03:10 AM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
They're definitely tuned for the boosted 90s. Actually had a pretty hard time getting through those quests on my monk
Same, with my newly boosted enh shaman.

It didn't help they don't give you all your abilities, so you struggle through with like 5 spells at first.
  #21697  
Old 10-15-2014, 03:28 AM
Ujimasa Hojo Ujimasa Hojo is offline

Eternal
Ujimasa Hojo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,215

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
You know...the Iron Horde would seem at least a little more intimidating if the Ironmarch vanguard mobs weren't so hilariously undertuned, or maybe if Varian had more than the equivalent of Northshire's NPC guards helping Maraad to stem the "iron tide".

Apparently the Alliance and Horde must have been so confident in achieving peace that they dissolved their entire armies in the months between Orgrimmar's fall and WoD. But it's all right - who needs things like soldiers and tanks and airships and demolishers when fifty footmen based from a cluster of three tents can flail around ineffectually while I'm one-shotting most of these iron bozos on my prot-specced warrior?

You know...my biggest issue with the Iron Horde? That it hearkens back to WarCraft II. Because for all the nostalgic value in it, in WCII the orcs weren't really a race. Not in the ways that matter. They were monsters with a rogue's gallery of variably "odd" leaders in charge. They were a small handful of leaders with names and identifying quirks who mattered, surrounded by an endless supply of disposable fodder that nobody cared about slaughtering wholesale because WCIII and Lord of the Clans hadn't come along to suggest the rest of them were actual people yet.

I don't feel the "threat" of the Iron Horde, because most of it doesn't feel invested in what it's doing. It's comprised mostly of the same interchangeable orcs as the old Horde, just mindlessly obeying not because we've been told that they all share in Grom's fears and reasons, but because he and the other big names have a set of reasons to feed an endless supply of nameless orcs into the meat grinder all over again.
I remember from early datamined stuff that the Iron Horde supposedly got as far as Swamp of Sorrows. I suppose it was too much to modify more than one zone and everything pretty much got restricted to the Blasted Lands.
__________________




Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
  #21698  
Old 10-15-2014, 03:37 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
I remember from early datamined stuff that the Iron Horde supposedly got as far as Swamp of Sorrows. I suppose it was too much to modify more than one zone and everything pretty much got restricted to the Blasted Lands.
I wouldn't have minded us holding them off at Darkshire (so long as, y'know, it doesn't get destroyed) just because it would at least get some use out of Deadwind Pass. Then again they might not have wanted people asking why there's no Karazhan update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Probably around the same time human females will have glowing eyes as a DK.

[Screams Internally]
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.

Last edited by Drusus; 10-15-2014 at 03:46 AM..
  #21699  
Old 10-15-2014, 03:51 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
For the bronze whelpling, does it drop from any of the mobs in the Blasted Lands, or elites only, or what?
I got it off some random grunt
__________________
  #21700  
Old 10-15-2014, 04:33 AM
Vaximillian Vaximillian is offline

Eternal
Vaximillian's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Loredaeron
Posts: 2,690
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Default

Also for Nazja and everybody else who's been farming the whelpling:
The Bronze Whelpling will still drop from creatures even after the pre-launch event is over, says LeCraft.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.