Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

So the Warlock feat of strength is called Breaker of the Black Harvest, does that mean that the Warlock player is an enemy of the faction or something?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
So the blasted lands questline gives loot...to only some people.
How do you mean? I've done it twice now and there was no loot.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
So the Warlock feat of strength is called Breaker of the Black Harvest, does that mean that the Warlock player is an enemy of the faction or something?
Nah, you're just their armed thug, taking care of problems (breaking people).
Old 10-15-2014, 01:18 AM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Frostbane#1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
There's still a black skin it's just not AS black.
Skin's blacker than mine. :s
Old 10-15-2014, 01:24 AM

Arch-Druid

So... it's a slightly rockier than normal pre-expansion patch, then? I'm not entirely sure if I can be surprised that something went wrong, because I think something always goes wrong. It's just that more things went wrong than usual.

I do find it fun that everybody is acting so surprised that the excrement was bodily flung into the air redistribution device. Was the MoP pre-patch really that stable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
So many of the new models are appalling. Some look finished, others look unfinished, some are just downright terrible.

I really hope they are not done, but the Art teams silence seems to be my answer.
I'm holding onto my optimism that they're still working on the models, they're just staying quiet because they're working on the faces and re-rigging things to fix tears and the like. That or they all died and nobody has noticed yet...
Old 10-15-2014, 01:27 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
How do you mean? I've done it twice now and there was no loot.
I'm thinking it might only be for boosted characters.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm thinking it might only be for boosted characters.
Nope. One of the characters I did it on was my newly boosted shaman that I was talking about in here a bit back. No loot.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:35 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Nope. One of the characters I did it on was my newly boosted shaman that I was talking about in here a bit back. No loot.
My boosted shaman got loot. Maybe it's a glitch then?

Come to think of it, said shaman was boosted from the pre-order a long time ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, WoW model viewer is now completely broken, so hopefully that'll motivate people to get a new working version out.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 10-15-2014 at 01:38 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 01:38 AM

What kind of loot are we talking about, anyways?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
What kind of loot are we talking about, anyways?
It's just level 515-520 gear, but that's really good for boosted characters, so I'm kinda sad I didn't get any.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
My boosted shaman got loot. Maybe it's a glitch then?

Come to think of it, said shaman was boosted from the pre-order a long time ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, WoW model viewer is now completely broken, so hopefully that'll motivate people to get a new working version out.
well that's my machinima borked then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:48 AM

Quote:
It's just level 515-520 gear, but that's really good for boosted characters, so I'm kinda sad I didn't get any.
I hope that my warrior gets some, then.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Smashing the keyboard like a rabid monkey sure is fun.
I like explosions!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 AM

Eternal

I had a full heroic raid gear friend get the trinket from the last quest. Had another friend get ring from the first, something else, than the trinket. The first was non boosted. The second was.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
I've honestly haven't been following forums, so, sorry there
Still games are usually not tuned around lvl 30
Though it does you no good if a player can't level past 30.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 AM

Maybe it's supposed to be random. A taste of things to come, like the random epicness of rewards. Just that, this time, it's a random reward instead of an improvement.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:43 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Lok'tar Motherfuckers.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Someone pointed out to me that you can buy a lot (maybe all?) of the Cata sets for gold now. Dunno if that's old news, but it was great news for me.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 AM

Loremaster

You know...the Iron Horde would seem at least a little more intimidating if the Ironmarch vanguard mobs weren't so hilariously undertuned, or maybe if Varian had more than the equivalent of Northshire's NPC guards helping Maraad to stem the "iron tide".

Apparently the Alliance and Horde must have been so confident in achieving peace that they dissolved their entire armies in the months between Orgrimmar's fall and WoD. But it's all right - who needs things like soldiers and tanks and airships and demolishers when fifty footmen based from a cluster of three tents can flail around ineffectually while I'm one-shotting most of these iron bozos on my prot-specced warrior?

You know...my biggest issue with the Iron Horde? That it hearkens back to WarCraft II. Because for all the nostalgic value in it, in WCII the orcs weren't really a race. Not in the ways that matter. They were monsters with a rogue's gallery of variably "odd" leaders in charge. They were a small handful of leaders with names and identifying quirks who mattered, surrounded by an endless supply of disposable fodder that nobody cared about slaughtering wholesale because WCIII and Lord of the Clans hadn't come along to suggest the rest of them were actual people yet.

I don't feel the "threat" of the Iron Horde, because most of it doesn't feel invested in what it's doing. It's comprised mostly of the same interchangeable orcs as the old Horde, just mindlessly obeying not because we've been told that they all share in Grom's fears and reasons, but because he and the other big names have a set of reasons to feed an endless supply of nameless orcs into the meat grinder all over again.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 AM

Elune

They're definitely tuned for the boosted 90s. Actually had a pretty hard time getting through those quests on my monk
Old 10-15-2014, 03:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
They're definitely tuned for the boosted 90s. Actually had a pretty hard time getting through those quests on my monk
Same, with my newly boosted enh shaman.

It didn't help they don't give you all your abilities, so you struggle through with like 5 spells at first.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:28 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
You know...the Iron Horde would seem at least a little more intimidating if the Ironmarch vanguard mobs weren't so hilariously undertuned, or maybe if Varian had more than the equivalent of Northshire's NPC guards helping Maraad to stem the "iron tide".

Apparently the Alliance and Horde must have been so confident in achieving peace that they dissolved their entire armies in the months between Orgrimmar's fall and WoD. But it's all right - who needs things like soldiers and tanks and airships and demolishers when fifty footmen based from a cluster of three tents can flail around ineffectually while I'm one-shotting most of these iron bozos on my prot-specced warrior?

You know...my biggest issue with the Iron Horde? That it hearkens back to WarCraft II. Because for all the nostalgic value in it, in WCII the orcs weren't really a race. Not in the ways that matter. They were monsters with a rogue's gallery of variably "odd" leaders in charge. They were a small handful of leaders with names and identifying quirks who mattered, surrounded by an endless supply of disposable fodder that nobody cared about slaughtering wholesale because WCIII and Lord of the Clans hadn't come along to suggest the rest of them were actual people yet.

I don't feel the "threat" of the Iron Horde, because most of it doesn't feel invested in what it's doing. It's comprised mostly of the same interchangeable orcs as the old Horde, just mindlessly obeying not because we've been told that they all share in Grom's fears and reasons, but because he and the other big names have a set of reasons to feed an endless supply of nameless orcs into the meat grinder all over again.
I remember from early datamined stuff that the Iron Horde supposedly got as far as Swamp of Sorrows. I suppose it was too much to modify more than one zone and everything pretty much got restricted to the Blasted Lands.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
I remember from early datamined stuff that the Iron Horde supposedly got as far as Swamp of Sorrows. I suppose it was too much to modify more than one zone and everything pretty much got restricted to the Blasted Lands.
I wouldn't have minded us holding them off at Darkshire (so long as, y'know, it doesn't get destroyed) just because it would at least get some use out of Deadwind Pass. Then again they might not have wanted people asking why there's no Karazhan update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Probably around the same time human females will have glowing eyes as a DK.

[Screams Internally]

Last edited by Drusus; 10-15-2014 at 03:46 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 03:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
For the bronze whelpling, does it drop from any of the mobs in the Blasted Lands, or elites only, or what?
I got it off some random grunt
Old 10-15-2014, 04:33 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Also for Nazja and everybody else who's been farming the whelpling:
The Bronze Whelpling will still drop from creatures even after the pre-launch event is over, says LeCraft.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft