Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-17-2017, 04:44 PM

Eternal

So the First War looks to be about 40 pages of the book.

The Dark Portal page starts on pg 116, The Battle of Hillsbrad (start of second war) starts pg 158.

Meanwhile the Breaking of Draenor page is on page 195, so there'll prob be about 20-30ish pages devoted to second war, rest after on Beyond the Dark Portal.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:47 PM

Eternal

Could someone post the HD version of the death knight vs paladin picture? I can't open it on my phone.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
So the First War looks to be about 40 pages of the book.

The Dark Portal page starts on pg 116, The Battle of Hillsbrad (start of second war) starts pg 158.

Meanwhile the Breaking of Draenor page is on page 195, so there'll prob be about 20-30ish pages devoted to second war, rest after on Beyond the Dark Portal.
The fall of Stormwind is on page 136, so the First War itself is about twenty pages. There will be probably a lot of stuff, including the battle of Zul'dare, the invasion of Khaz Modan, the formation of the Alliance etc. covered before the battle of Hillsbrad.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:58 PM

Druid of the Talon

There's also the formation of the Alliance and the shenanigans that the Horde got into between those which could be put in either chapter as either the epilogue to the First War or the prologue to the Second.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:26 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
One more thing, by the way. We finally have an explanation for the nobility and the gala nights at Karazhan. Medivh organized them to give himself an alibi. An alibi to lessen the council's suspicions regarding the murders of its members.
And look like a mostly innocuous dumb socialite to not draw any suspicions in general. Sounds a bit comic-booky, but acceptable.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I am not sure if I missed somewhere; will Chronicle Vol.2 go into the detail about the origin of the Orcish race?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:19 PM

Elune

Don't really care for that explanation of primordial Draenor but the First/Second War stuff seems pretty dope.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
I am not sure if I missed somewhere; will Chronicle Vol.2 go into the detail about the origin of the Orcish race?
I'll be shocked if it doesn't.

Once this comes out I think I'll take an alt through WoD, since we'll finally actually know what the Primals and Breakers even are.

Last edited by Asterisk; 02-17-2017 at 07:32 PM..
Old 02-17-2017, 07:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

All this neat Draenor lore makes me wish WoD had turned out good and perhaps even sucessful enough to revisit it. The Draenor described in these previews is what I wanted to see.

Also I wonder about the Sporemounds/Evergrowth. In WoD several quests imply the titans created the primals (and lorewalker Cho outright states it) and we see them using titan technology. Is this one of the "blades of grass" differences, or did the primals just steal technology from Grond and whatever else Aggramar put there (since there's at least one Titan vault in Nagrand)?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:10 PM

Eternal

Tell me your secret red dude.

How do you manage to keep going back to hordecraft?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:18 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

Simple. While Cata and WoD tested my patience, I haven't ever left so far.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Arch-Druid

The best part about Chronicles version 2 is that it will finally shut the people up who think AU Draenor is not an accurate depiction on MU Draenor.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 PM

Eternal

Did people really think that?

Are people really that stupid that they cannot even comprehend time travel and ALTERNATE worlds?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:29 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:

Hordecraft? lol legion
Old 02-17-2017, 08:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Also I wonder about the Sporemounds/Evergrowth. In WoD several quests imply the titans created the primals (and lorewalker Cho outright states it)
I'm at the point where if the quest being referred is offered by an NPC at the garrison inn, I'm just going to assume it was some quest design intern getting tasked with filling shit up and not running it by the historians. Between this concept of the Primals being titan-made, Alleria being on alternate draenor, and Moroes rolling around handing out bottle of armor polish that makes your armor invisible, it's just really starting to feel like a bunch of bullshit.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
All this neat Draenor lore makes me wish WoD had turned out good and perhaps even sucessful enough to revisit it. The Draenor described in these previews is what I wanted to see.

Also I wonder about the Sporemounds/Evergrowth. In WoD several quests imply the titans created the primals (and lorewalker Cho outright states it) and we see them using titan technology. Is this one of the "blades of grass" differences, or did the primals just steal technology from Grond and whatever else Aggramar put there (since there's at least one Titan vault in Nagrand)?
In the end they may have just decided to have less Titan influence on Draenor than what we were originally going to see in WoD. Of course there's a ton we don't know yet about what's in Chronicle's so it's possible the other Titan stuff is still there.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:52 PM

Revenant - Moderator

We know that eventually both the breakers in the primals became able to be commanded by a titan device.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:56 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:

I have feeling that the continent partially hidden on the Draenor map isn't so easily forgotten. I would love to see a "WoD" redemption with an inclusion of said southern continent. Strangely; said continent isn't shown (Not even a sliver) upon the Ancient Draenor map given by IGN. Still -- It could make for a perfect opportunity for a Ogre and Arakkoa(Apexis) based expansion (Both concepts being limited in an already content cut expansion).

I agree with the above stated. I would take the Chronicles word over an Inn quest. I will say though, I wouldn't doubt if the Primals don't have some meager titanic influence. Something from Eonar? I don't know.

Last edited by Melorandor; 02-17-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Old 02-17-2017, 08:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Did people really think that?

Are people really that stupid that they cannot even comprehend time travel and ALTERNATE worlds?
They took the "Blades of Grass" analogy and ran with it. Basically they say that all the lore and culture that AU Draenor and its races presented does not matter because it is not an accurate depiction of MU Draenor and therefore can't be applied to MU Draenor.

Example: Frostfire Ridge is a differing "Blade of Grass" and did not exist in MU Draenor. (This was an actual convo I had)

It's not so much here, but my trade chat and the story forums are pretty rampant with it.

Last edited by Eterna; 02-17-2017 at 09:03 PM..
Old 02-17-2017, 09:10 PM

Eternal

I do find it weird they're using the AU Blackrock symbol on the banners though. Because MU Blackrock banner is actually in-game and is different/the one from WC3. I guess the Blackrocks used both symbols.

One thing I really, really like: we finally know how the Azeroth side of the Dark Portal was built! It's always bugged me to know how that thing got built. Especially since its earlier depictions were that it was built by Medivh somehow apparently. I prefer this new retcon though that the orcs built it after coming to Azeroth to stabilize the portal, though.

There's a bunch of small retcons, but I don't mind them. One that stuck out to me is the change from Rise of the Horde of Gul'dan sacrificing a draenei child to help fuel the Dark Portal to the movieverse version of sacrificing the life force of many captured draenei. Which makes more sense.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 PM

Revenant - Moderator

This scene never happened.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:16 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post

This scene never happened.
It happened but he just ripped open a hole into the fabric of space-time basically instead.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 PM

Loremaster

It's perhaps possible that after having Grond eliminate the Sporemounds, Aggramar may have implemented measures to directly shape the plantlife's evolution in order to maintain their perpetual stalemate with the Breakers and prevent them from returning to their original state of overgrowing everything.

Or maybe the Sporemounds adapt intelligently to Grond's attack, and Aggramar sees that reaction as something that he can further provoke and steer toward evolving the "sentient ecosystem" into a biome that's more conducive toward coexisting with other life.

After all, the Evergrowth seemingly devoured everything in its path, while in WoD we see myriad animals that seem to coexist as functional parts of the Primal blooms, pollinating the plants and providing additional defense against attack.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
They took the "Blades of Grass" analogy and ran with it. Basically they say that all the lore and culture that AU Draenor and its races presented does not matter because it is not an accurate depiction of MU Draenor and therefore can't be applied to MU Draenor.

Example: Frostfire Ridge is a differing "Blade of Grass" and did not exist in MU Draenor. (This was an actual convo I had)

It's not so much here, but my trade chat and the story forums are pretty rampant with it.
How would Frostfire be a blade of grass when they had Thrall have flavor text saying he grew up on stories about Frostfire Ridge.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
How would Frostfire be a blade of grass when they had Thrall have flavor text saying he grew up on stories about Frostfire Ridge.
It and other things not being in Rise of the Horde? I don't know.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.

Tags
lore, warcraft