Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Eternal

I pray that there is a Mass Effect 4 and not an MMO. It probably won't be with Bioware working on the Star Wars MMO, right?

I would love it if they come up with a Volus, Hanar, or Elcor party member! It would be really interesting to see the Hanar and Elcor animated in action. Doesn't Zaeed mention something about a Hanar assassin?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I pray that there is a Mass Effect 4 and not an MMO. It probably won't be with Bioware working on the Star Wars MMO, right?
I don't even think a Mass Effect MMO is a possibility... where did you get that from?

Mass Effect 3... I REEEAALLLYY hope it improves on Mass Effect 2 in a lot of ways. Especially the plot, or at least how it was executed.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Mass Effect 3... I REEEAALLLYY hope it improves on Mass Effect 2 in a lot of ways. Especially the plot, or at least how it was executed.
What!?
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Pretty sure Bioware has said that Mass Effect is a trilogy. Now, will they be able to stop EA from forcing them to make more games beyond ME3? I can't say. But I can say they've stated their intent to end the series or at least the story of Commander Shepard in the third game.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
What!?
Mass Effect 2 had a good supporting cast, interesting ideas...

and a complete and total lack of an interesting antagonist and godawful pacing.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I don't even think a Mass Effect MMO is a possibility... where did you get that from?
It seemed like the logical next step before I found out Bioware was behind the new Star Wars MMO. Why don't you think it would be a possibility though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Pretty sure Bioware has said that Mass Effect is a trilogy. Now, will they be able to stop EA from forcing them to make more games beyond ME3? I can't say. But I can say they've stated their intent to end the series or at least the story of Commander Shepard in the third game.
Right-o, exactly! They have said it's a planned trilogy, but they'll do more as long as ME3 doesn't fail miserably somehow. I think it will be the end of Shepard's chapter for sure.

I'd like to choose my race for a main character, but I still don't want an MMO. They could go with the Dragon Age origins idea, where the different races have separate introductory levels.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:28 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
It seemed like the logical next step before I found out Bioware was behind the new Star Wars MMO. Why don't you think it would be a possibility though?
No real distinctive reason, just they've never implied anything of the sort, and yeah, "The Old Republic" is coming out too. I mean, if it was ever gonna happen it's a ways away.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I'd like to choose my race for a main character, but I still don't want an MMO. They could go with the Dragon Age origins idea, where the different races have separate introductory levels.
Yea look how that turned out in Dragon Age 2
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
It would be really interesting to see the Hanar and Elcor animated in action. Doesn't Zaeed mention something about a Hanar assassin?
"This one enjoys killing you."

"REmorsefully. I had no choice, you wouldnt stop."
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Eternal

He does say that a Hanar nearly chocked him to death

Old 03-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Site Staff - Admin

I don't think there will necessarily be a Mass Effect 4, they've made it very clear this is Commander Shepard's trilogy. I do think there will be other games in the Mass Effect universe, but it won't be a sequel to three.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Elune

I don't see them making it themselves, but I could see them hiring a studio that specializes in 4X to do a SotS/GalCiv-style space strategy game. The universe seems to be made for it.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
What!?
While I really enjoyed ME2, there are parts of the game/story that were lackluster. You had dozens of teammembers, which meant 70% of the game consisted out of either being on a mission to recruit someone, or being on a mission to make someone like you. While it allowed for great character development on those characters, it also meant that after you did all the recruit/rep missions, you were already on the second-to-last (main)mission.
I think they should've slowed down on the number of teammembers and increased the amount of story development.

I honestly liked Dragon Agerigins more than Mass Effect 2. But that might also be because I couldn't for the life of me load any of my 8 ME1 playthroughs into the second one. Something which frustrated the hell out of me everytime I heard about the Council being all human while I saved them every single time in ME1.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
"This one enjoys killing you."

"REmorsefully. I had no choice, you wouldnt stop."
I still hope that Blasto will be a companion in ME3.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Eternal

I liked the FPS gameplay of mass effect 2. I got so sick of switching the weapons around every 5 minutes in ME1 and bringing tali around because she could do the decryption. But I do miss the intimidatie/charm being a skill. In ME2 it kind of forced the player to commit to being a renegegade or paragon in order to fill up the bar to do the options which idk kind of sucks.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
I think they should've slowed down on the number of teammembers and increased the amount of story development.
I don't necessarily entirely agree with that, I think they should have just intertwined the two a bit more effectively. Like a lot of the loyalty missions could have involved the collectors or something. Same with all the cameo characters really. They didn't actually do as much as they should have really. The whole game is just lots and lots of little bits put together.

It's a similar problem to what plagued StarCraft 2 really.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Is anyone else excited to see what your lover from ME1 has to say when they realise you (probably) cheated on them in ME2?
I would really like to see more involvement from Ashley/Kaidan in ME3, it was quite a letdown that the returning characters in ME2 were the ones you were least close with/least important ones. I get that they couldn't give Wrex a big role considering he might have died on Virmire(?) but Ashley and Kaidan can play mirror roles if need-be(with a different personality ofcourse).

The fact that your actions in one game have reactions in the next is an awesome idea, but it seems like it's restricting character growth across the games. ME2->ME3 is going to be even worse, you can have your whole team surviving or none at all(not even Shepard). How can they possibly give the ME2 characters any decent role if it's not even sure any of them made it out alive?
These guys/gals followed you to hell and back(literally) and the chances of them to make a big reappearance seems rather slim.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Well, Legion at least is technically immortal, isn't he? If any companion would return for ME3, it'd be him.

Allowing a Geth into the Citadel is a heavy risk. But the priiiiize...
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Well, Legion at least is technically immortal, isn't he? If any companion would return for ME3, it'd be him.

ah he dies like everybody else, he's unable to transfer his programs
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
How did that become a meme? Does anyone actually romance Jacob, the most dull character in the game?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
How did that become a meme? Does anyone actually romance Jacob, the most dull character in the game?
Have you SEEN his abs?

Doing 500 situps a day is a heavy risk. But the priiiiiize...
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
Is anyone else excited to see what your lover from ME1 has to say when they realise you (probably) cheated on them in ME2?
I would really like to see more involvement from Ashley/Kaidan in ME3, it was quite a letdown that the returning characters in ME2 were the ones you were least close with/least important ones. I get that they couldn't give Wrex a big role considering he might have died on Virmire(?) but Ashley and Kaidan can play mirror roles if need-be(with a different personality ofcourse).

The fact that your actions in one game have reactions in the next is an awesome idea, but it seems like it's restricting character growth across the games. ME2->ME3 is going to be even worse, you can have your whole team surviving or none at all(not even Shepard). How can they possibly give the ME2 characters any decent role if it's not even sure any of them made it out alive?
These guys/gals followed you to hell and back(literally) and the chances of them to make a big reappearance seems rather slim.
You make a good point, I haven't even thought about that. I bet the programmers are really regretting they did that in ME2. I don't think that you will be able to load an ME2 game if Shepard died, though.

Everyone is alive in all three of my saves except for the non-playable crew in one of them. It turns out we didn't need all of those people to run the ship, so I saved Cerberus a lot of money.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 PM

Eternal

So Biotics. Known Biotics are known to develop telekinetic powers with exposure to element zero. Yet what triggers some to exceed in creating mass effect fields while others dont? Jacks LX5 upgrades states that she suffers from neural degradation. So it suggests that increase neural synapses are not the cause to biotic potential.
Hypthosis: Biotic potential increases because of neurochemistry. Element Zero mutates humans hormonal glands to pump up an increasing amount of endorphins. Probably why biotic potential is a success with case subjects: Kaidan, Shepard, Jack. All subjects have known to be in stressful, combatic, situations and have excelled their biotic potential when encouraged to be confrontational. . Mordin also comments that attraction to Asari may be because of manipulation of other species neurochemistry. The ability to manipulate neurochemistry might be why so many Asari excel in biotics. While as subjects like Gillian Grayson could excel in biotics because of her autism. Unsure how autism could relate to increase production of endorphins. Could relate to increase nerve connection to the hpothalmus, increasing hormonal production? Seems to be able to use biotics better when Cerberus wasnt drugging her to remove emotions.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 AM

While I know the out-of-universe answer (people wanna fap to curvy blue chicks), if Asari are attractive to multiple species, why do they so closely resemble attractive 21st century humans? They could just be blobs of flesh covered in ******s and use their biotic powers to mind control people into thinking they're attractive.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
While I know the out-of-universe answer (people wanna fap to curvy blue chicks), if Asari are attractive to multiple species, why do they so closely resemble attractive 21st century humans? They could just be blobs of flesh covered in ******s and use their biotic powers to mind control people into thinking they're attractive.
Convergent evolution

Tags
andromeda, bioware, ea games, mass effect, rpg, scifi, video game cutscene, video games