Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who is the master race?
Boring Humans 13 13.54%
Monstrous Orcs 9 9.38%
Awesome Dwarves 14 14.58%
Aloof Elves 5 5.21%
Cunning Trolls 11 11.46%
Dapper Worgen 3 3.13%
Annoying Gnomes 2 2.08%
Stampeding Tauren 4 4.17%
Dead Undead 8 8.33%
Cuddly Pandaren 3 3.13%
Retconning Ereder--I Mean Draenei 10 10.42%
Asshole Elves 14 14.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Elune

So what is wrong with Spam?

On the islands it's delicious and you can have it with everything!

Spam at McDs.
Spam sushi
Spam sandwiches
Spam roll

Are you da kine?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
Boo hoo.

At the end of the day he went against the image A&E wishes to have, as such he was let go.

Nothing more to it really.
They are a heavily religious family and the producers expected them to not believe in there beliefs?.. He was literally asked his opinion on it by a reporter and they respond like he went on a rampage about the subject which had not been mentioned once after like how many seasons now? >.<.

It just seems silly to me that they reacted like this instead of you know just bringing it up privately with them. There is no way in hell the rest of his family will be happy about this.

I feel like there has to be some awesome looking art out there with Charr and Orcs !

Run
Old 12-20-2013, 01:42 PM

So, I think I'm done with my pic. At least for now.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Looks great but I'm not sure who that goblin is.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:46 PM

Elune

Looks badass and yeah i wish they would update his model.. Guess we need to wait till he has a major part in the story first.

Run
Old 12-20-2013, 02:22 PM

Banished

Just a (useless) reminder ;D
Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post

What of a terrible song >.<. Thankfully i never have bought one of her albums... I generally only like the odd few of her singles.

Run
Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Gallywix looks like a mix between the Penguin and Dr. Eggman.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:46 PM

Elune

Ok this made me laugh.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Gallywix looks like a mix between the Penguin and Dr. Eggman.
Nothing wrong with that. I'd love to see more WoW characters that are fat instead of looking like muscle gladiators.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Nothing wrong with that. I'd love to see more WoW characters that are fat instead of looking like muscle gladiators.
Didn't say there was, Monkey Shines!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
What of a terrible song >.<. Thankfully i never have bought one of her albums... I generally only like the odd few of her singles.
*picks notebook*

Why did you dislike it?

Mmm actually, I wouldnt use this song as a standard, considering it's a R&B-ish song. But then again, Gaga's albums are pretty diverse so judging them from just one song is ridiculous (I made that mistake when she was new and "It")

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 12-20-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 12-20-2013, 07:23 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:

R. Kelly collab? Classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 12-20-2013, 07:40 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Extra points for being in a song called Do What U Want (With my Body). Add another layer of complexity towards it.

Then again, considering you're fan of group of exploited asian girls, I'm not quite sure of what you're trying to do with your shade attempt
Old 12-20-2013, 08:47 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Look, Genya... ArtPop is a colossal failure that will, by most conservative estimates, lose about $25 million for her label.

Gaga is not only a tired act, but she's gotten a little too full of herself - cutting off most of the creative collaborative team that made her earlier albums successful.

Like most musicians that get successful with a lot of help, she began to buy her own hype and believe she and she alone was some unique artistic genius. But in fact, she has always been the product of an industry that is good at producing pop stars.

And now that she has decided to become an industry unto herself, the formula is not working.

The album sells based on the good faith of the fan base established from her earlier success, but it is not groundbreaking, nor is it selling at all to casual pop enthusiasts.

My point is, stop trying to compensate for this. You didn't have to shove "The Fame" down anyone's throat, because it was a good album. Artpop is not, and you should accept that and move on.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:17 PM

Elune

Let's talk about how the Japanese opening for Transformers Prime is so much better than the English one.

On it's own it's nothing special, but then you compare it to what we got.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Banished

Crossed Axes (War2)

Look, Bolvar. The 25 millions thing is fake news made by a shady (in the sense that she apparently only exists THERE) "reporter" of The Examiner whose entire archive consists in Gaga-bashing articles, sadly it got picked up bu mainstream media without source checking and well....

Rumor has it that its actually Perez Hilton. The rumour has been deconfirmed by Billboard's Editorial Director Bill Werde (who has certain tendency to screw over Gaga but whatever)

So far ARTPOP has breed her biggest hit since The Edge of Glory around 2 yrs ago, DWUW was released in October and it's still raising eve without a video (which especially with Gaga, matter a lot given the visual nature of her work)

She's not effortlessly slaying, not by any means. Her pop culture zenith moment is over at least for now BUT that doesnt mean she's anywhere near flopping. She's just on normal popstar level now instead of the God-like figure she was during the Monster-BTW period.

ARTPOP is the same thing she always has been doing so far, because ARTPOP is what she always has been doing, just that it used to be hidden behind The Fame, its Monsters and the Projection of Self that was Born This Way but now its the spotlight. Despite the name, it wasnt meant to be this groundbreaking (because after all she's a POPular artist) but, at least in my opinion (whicj should matter considering I do listen to her a lot) it's overall her deepest, more complex and more honest work made so far (muuuuch more honest than BTW in fact)

ARTPOP is outselling the current "It" girls (Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus) albums actually. That being said, your post implies that to us, the public, what matters are the sales and not the artistry or the talent.

It's funny you mention "The Fame". I hated Gaga at that time. I thought she was a fake, pretentious dumb bitch. It wasnt until Born This Way that I realized that not only she could sing, she and her Haus, her friends where the ones behind the crazy ideas.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:34 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Look, Bolvar. The 25 millions thing is fake news made by a shady (in the sense that she apparently only exists THERE) "reporter" of The Examiner whose entire archive consists in Gaga-bashing articles, sadly it got picked up bu mainstream media without source checking and well....

Rumor has it that its actually Perez Hilton. The rumour has been deconfirmed by Billboard's Editorial Director Bill Werde (who has certain tendency to screw over Gaga but whatever)

So far ARTPOP has breed her biggest hit since The Edge of Glory around 2 yrs ago, DWUW was released in October and it's still raising eve without a video (which especially with Gaga, matter a lot given the visual nature of her work)

She's not effortlessly slaying, not by any means. Her pop culture zenith moment is over at least for now BUT that doesnt mean she's anywhere near flopping. She's just on normal popstar level now instead of the God-like figure she was during the Monster-BTW period.

ARTPOP is the same thing she always has been doing so far, because ARTPOP is what she always has been doing, just that it used to be hidden behind The Fame, its Monsters and the Projection of Self that was Born This Way but now its the spotlight. Despite the name, it wasnt meant to be this groundbreaking (because after all she's a POPular artist) but, at least in my opinion (whicj should matter considering I do listen to her a lot) it's overall her deepest, more complex and more honest work made so far (muuuuch more honest than BTW in fact)

ARTPOP is outselling the current "It" girls (Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus) albums actually. That being said, your post implies that to us, the public, what matters are the sales and not the artistry or the talent.

It's funny you mention "The Fame". I hated Gaga at that time. I thought she was a fake, pretentious dumb bitch. It wasnt until Born This Way that I realized that not only she could sing, she and her Haus, her friends where the ones behind the crazy ideas.
TL;DR: "I am a Gaga fanboy and nothing you say will ever convince me that her work isn't manna from heaven."

I was just trying to let you know why you appear to be yelling into a void with all your Gaga pimping here dude. It's not personal or anything - the album just isn't that good. Few impartial reviews have given it the kind of accolades you have.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:41 PM

Banished

I never said that man. Other than saying that ARPOP is my favorite so far, its quite the opposite indeed. If you didnt pull the TLDR card you would know. But its ok. You should refrain from making comments about her if you're gonna act like that tho. I would expect more mature behavior from a 30 something married man, father of two but whatever.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:01 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
I never said that man. Other than saying that ARPOP is my favorite so far, its quite the opposite indeed. If you didnt pull the TLDR card you would know. But its ok. You should refrain from making comments about her if you're gonna act like that tho. I would expect more mature behavior from a 30 something married man, father of two but whatever.
Again, I feel like you're taking this way too personally.

I have no hatred toward you or Lady Gaga - just a curious fascination with your repeated attempts to evangelize her latest album (which I have in fact listened to, only out of morbid curiosity) in spite of the fact that it appears to my unbiased opinion to be a flop.

In other news:

This is kind of a thing:

http://twitchy.com/2013/12/21/hasjus...val-in-africa/

I find it poetic:

https://twitter.com/RBPundit/status/...472704/photo/1
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Taking shit personally seems to be something we all have in common here.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:36 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Extra points for being in a song called Do What U Want (With my Body). Add another layer of complexity towards it.

Then again, considering you're fan of group of exploited asian girls, I'm not quite sure of what you're trying to do with your shade attempt
I'll not deny the issues of exploitation inherent in the Korean idol system, but I'm not really sure that's of any relevance to the situation.

By collaborating with R. Kelly, Gaga is essentially endorsing an alleged predatory rapist. The difference in level of offense between overworking young people, and raping them is, needless to say, massive.

If Gaga was really as bold as you think she is, the bold thing to do would be to tackle the issue of R. Kelly in an industry that more or else shrugged their shoulders and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 12-21-2013, 01:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:32 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Let's talk about how the Japanese opening for Transformers Prime is so much better than the English one.

On it's own it's nothing special, but then you compare it to what we got.
That version sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I nightmare before David Tenant?

unrelated: wanted to photoshop my face into an angry orc. Turns out my face can't pull of rage.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 12-21-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post

I have no hatred toward you or Lady Gaga - just a curious fascination with your repeated attempts to evangelize her latest album (which I have in fact listened to, only out of morbid curiosity) in spite of the fact that it appears to my unbiased opinion to be a flop.

In other news:
You did? *hugs*

That being said, I'm not. If you actually read my posts you'd know -.- that's actually what annoys me, the fact you post, I answer, you ignore it and continue. It happened to be with Lady Gaga but it could have been with any other topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I'll not deny the issues of exploitation inherent in the Korean idol system, but I'm not really sure that's of any relevance to the situation.

By collaborating with R. Kelly, Gaga is essentially endorsing an alleged predatory rapist. The difference in level of offense between overworking young people, and raping them is, needless to say, massive.

If Gaga was really as bold as you think she is, the bold thing to do would be to tackle the issue of R. Kelly in an industry that more or else shrugged their shoulders and moved on.
Thing is...I cant disagree. Idk if that collab was a label endorsed thing thing (to get more buzz both to R.Kelly return album and Gaga's) or if she just doesnt care (after all she carries Terry Richardson around the world like a pet) I truly dont know because, after all a solo version of the song exists and its older.

But well, In the end, that fact that the song features R.Kelly gives it one more layer. One that happens to be on his side but a layer nonetheless.
Closed Thread

Tags
west coast