Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-29-2018, 12:04 AM

Eternal

Don't tell me Xal is going to pull a Diablo and absorb C'thun, Yogg, and N'Zoth.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Me too.

It's too much of a rethread for my liking.
Not gonna say i told you so but, you know...I told you so.

This is what happens when you keep giving WoW's writers (or whoever maps out the broad story strokes of an expansion) more credit than they deserve. You'll always end up being disappointed.

Teldrassil was Theramore, 8.0 was as removed from the faction war as MoP relese content, Tides of Vengeance is Landfall with the faction war becoming front and center, and the new scenario... well Krainz said it...

I guess Ashzara will be Thunder Isle.

Of course this will all end with the Siege of Stormwind where Sylvanas attacks and both, Horde rebells and Alliance scramble to lift the Siege. The end of the siege will segue into a N'Zoth themed expansion/last content patch.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 09-29-2018, 02:15 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Shadow Orb

What are the chances of the restoration of Lordaeron (cleansing with azerite, etc) being the 8.2 patch and the 8.2.5 raid being a faction raid similar to burning of Zuldazar, with the Horde attacking an Alliance-controlled Holy City of Lordaeron led by Calia?

Also apparently Xal'atath is Warcraft's Nyarlathotep. I thought that was Silas Darkmoon.

BTW:

Last edited by Krainz; 09-29-2018 at 02:57 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 03:16 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I realize it may be... disconcerting to converse with a weapon. Be at ease. I want only to help you reach your full potential.
Why, just recently I assisted another mortal hero, we defeated the Legion and saved Azeroth. It's how I came to be so weaken when I called out to you. That priest proved shortsighted.
You, though... I sense you are truly destined for greatness. We will accomplish remarkable things together, you and I. Magnificent things.
Yes. YES. It's been far too long. This body is so... delicious.
I knew you were the right choice. Such a splendid... hero.
How glorious it is to be renewed. I haven't forgotten your callous use of me in Silithus.
I am... glad -- we could spend time together again. You always were my favorite.
We will accomplish remarkable things together, you and I. Magnificent things.
We make such a magnificent team.
The blood of those who are touched by us... it's so much sweeter than anything else.
Help... me...
Keep me close. I wouldn't want to lose you.
I have always admired you, my... champion.
Do you see it?
Are you planning on keeping me by your side for the rest of your life?
Careful! If anything's going to kill you, I would like it to be me.
Knaifu has evolved into Overly Attached Girlfriend!
Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
https://de.wowhead.com/news=287531/p...atath-spoilers

Spoilers for Xal'atath.

She apparently gets freed from her prison and yeah, will soooo become a Raid Boss in the near future.

Nazjatar gets also forshadowed.

@Siege of Zuldazar:

No surprise for me, that Rastakhan got killed of for good. Hail Queen Talanji.

Also, I have kind the feeling, that raising Derek will backfire heavily on both sides. (Specially since Sylvanas has to heavily mindcontrol him to make him useable for her.)

And this I imo. don't have to Spoiler Tag.

From what got dataminded, the Blood Elf Heritage Armour Scenario looks really nice.

Not only it includes a reminisence to the Scourge campain it finally shows the Destruction of the Sunwell like it was shown in the "Blood of the Highborne" short story. (Also mentioning the Amani attack during it.)
I loved that Lorthemar used the name Beloredorei as we saw in Blood of the Highborne! I like that name sun / ligh elves!
Ranger General sylvanas
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/793078.jpg
king anasterian
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/793077.jpg
high priest liadrin
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/793080.jpg
Ranger Lord Lorthemar
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=146430/l...delviewer:10+0
Magister Rommath
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=146419/m...delviewer:10+0

Last edited by Rhllor; 09-29-2018 at 04:59 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 05:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Not gonna say i told you so but, you know...I told you so.

This is what happens when you keep giving WoW's writers (or whoever maps out the broad story strokes of an expansion) more credit than they deserve. You'll always end up being disappointed.

Teldrassil was Theramore, 8.0 was as removed from the faction war as MoP relese content, Tides of Vengeance is Landfall with the faction war becoming front and center, and the new scenario... well Krainz said it...

I guess Ashzara will be Thunder Isle.

Of course this will all end with the Siege of Stormwind where Sylvanas attacks and both, Horde rebells and Alliance scramble to lift the Siege. The end of the siege will segue into a N'Zoth themed expansion/last content patch.
The story is not over yet. And the scenario can still change.

So, smart one, if they are playing things beat-by-beat, where does Battle of Lordaeron fits in the MoP scheme?

How can Siege of Zuldazar be a rethread of Landfall?

Right now, we have 2 Horde cities invaded and the Horde fleet being crippled, giving the Alliance sea superiority. Where does that fill MoP?

The Alliance is having inner conflict under a weak king, a big inversion to MoP's Alliance getting united under a strong king.

So far, the only thing that really bothers me and screams "too much alike" is Sylvanas trying to kill Saurfang, who proceeds to go into hiding and start a rebellion. That's too much like MoP's Horde story.

All the rest is only similar when you force it to be.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-29-2018, 06:36 AM

Troubadour

I wonder if Saurfang's rebellion actually end ups failing, just to subvert the trope
Old 09-29-2018, 06:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
So far, the only thing that really bothers me and screams "too much alike" is Sylvanas trying to kill Saurfang, who proceeds to go into hiding and start a rebellion.
Yeah, but the difference here is, that she already wanted to get rid of him during the War of the Thorns by dying in Battle. Saurfang really has no choice other than go into hiding.

Main difference is the mystery "Who wanted Sylvanas to become Warchief?" and there is no sign of a Horde Faction wanting to defect, like the Blood Elves originally planned during MoP.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:53 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
My sense that 8.2 will be a return to Tirisfal like the Broken Shore grows stronger.
In between Calia, the strange updates to Uther's Tomb, the hints at more Worgen content (including the model update), and Blizzard saying that we'd see the story consequences and resolution to the Arathi battle as the expansion's story unfolds, it is a very strong possibility. I also count on a presence of Calia aligned undead, though I am still not sure if only as a story element or a playable allied race. Crestfall and Zul'Dare, given their proximity to Lordaeron, could also get featured, maybe not as zones but dungeons/raids, but I am less sure about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I'm hugely disappointed by those bits of Saurfang.

Now Sylvanas is effectively similar to Garrosh. Yay another dead warchief...
It has always been rather clear Sylvanas would not remain as the Warchief for long, it is just that it is unlikely she will end a raid boss taken down by the combined might of the Alliance and the Horde.

My personal theory (given how much Sylvanas resembles a combination of Gul'dan and Blackhand with her approach to the Horde) is either a Blackhand treatment (getting killed by the upcoming Warchief) or a Gul'dan treatment (overthrown, humiliated and forced to serve the Horde by the new Warchief, then getting killed while attempting to achieve her ulterior motives - I find this one far more likely).

Quote:
Me too.

It's too much of a rethread for my liking.
Frankly, it is only one story part, and even then, the resemblance is purely mechanical. What leads to it differs substantially from Garrosh and Vol'jin, everything points to it further diverging pretty quickly afterwards, and even the scenario itself bears some large underlying differences as the dynamic between Sylvanas and Saurfang is different from that of Vol'jin and Garrosh.

I would also advise that anyone who can't get over his own negativity rather refrains from making predicitons and worse yet judgments based on those predictions. We had to endure almost a year of unnecessary night elf fan complaining, and I remember very well being told that I am an idiot for believing that Teldrassil would lead towards vengeful rebounding night elves.

Going back to my old post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
So, having played through most basic things, I am really starting to feel Battle for Azeroth's story is going to be, in a very general sense, inspired by Warcraft I/II and the scrapped Warcraft III storyline.

The first phase starts with the Horde driven against the Alliance by a Gul'dan-esque figure (after reading A Good War, I sense quite a bit of similarity, especially given how Sylvanas utilizes the Horde’s fears, cultural heritage, history, survivalist nature to reach her own “ulterior motives”) which is in Saurfang opposed by a Durotan-esque figure (whose actions and perhaps the ultimate sacrifice are going to lead to Sylvanas’ fall, the Horde looking inward and changing its own path, and the rise of a new leader). The Alliance itself is at the time united in both purpose and ideal after seeing the Horde’s brutality and losing much of their lands (a side note, but at this point, it gets rather amusing how the theme of the the night elves resembles the old lore of the elves from Warcraft II/Warcraft III Alpha thematically – lunar and druidic themed high elves who see their lands and forests burned by the Horde, the rest of their population dispersed across the Alliance lands and eager for vengeance – I suppose this is why Blizzard is so adamant about not adding high elves as an allied race, they see no room for them with the direction they are taking the night elves).

From there, the second phase would see Sylvanas fall from power and the Horde taking its inward look, altering its course, whereas the Alliance would see itself hit its moral lowest in the quest for vengeance, losing the grip of its ideals and shattering the unity (this is where the scrapped Warcraft III storyline arrives).

...I feel the second phase is arriving.

Last edited by Marthen; 09-29-2018 at 07:18 AM..
Old 09-29-2018, 07:28 AM

Eternal

Quote:
So, smart one, if they are playing things beat-by-beat, where does Battle of Lordaeron fits in the MoP scheme?
It doesn't have to. Theramore/Teldrasil is the heinous war crime that paints the Horde-Warchief as the villain of the piece. That's it.

Quote:
How can Siege of Zuldazar be a rethread of Landfall?
I literally explained that in the very post you replied to.
Release patch: Focus on the new zones and the inherent storylines. Faction war mostly sidelined.
First major content patch: Faction War is main storyline.

Quote:
Right now, we have 2 Horde cities invaded and the Horde fleet being crippled, giving the Alliance sea superiority. Where does that fill MoP?
Doesn't have to. Alliance has always had the numerical advantage.
But if you wanna get technical, both sides suffer setbacks at the end: Divine Bell destroyed/Rastakahn dead on Horde side, Anduin/Jaina&Megadork out for the count on Alliance side.

Quote:
The Alliance is having inner conflict under a weak king
Huh? Where? I thought they all came out stronger and more united after Teldrassil and Kul Tiras? Isn't that what you said a few weeks back?

Quote:
All the rest is only similar when you force it to be.
The thing is, there isn't that much force necessary. It's quite obvious if you take a step back.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:34 AM

Troubadour

What if

Saurfang's plan ends up resulting in this scene?

Anduin as Lothar.

Sylvanas as Orgrim.

This time, however, Anduin Lothar wins.

And Sylvanas becomes the broken sword.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I wonder if Saurfang's rebellion actually end ups failing, just to subvert the trope
That would be a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Yeah, but the difference here is, that she already wanted to get rid of him during the War of the Thorns by dying in Battle. Saurfang really has no choice other than go into hiding.

Main difference is the mystery "Who wanted Sylvanas to become Warchief?" and there is no sign of a Horde Faction wanting to defect, like the Blood Elves originally planned during MoP.
Good points.

Quote:
I literally explained that in the very post you replied to.
Release patch: Focus on the new zones and the inherent storylines. Faction war mostly sidelined.
First major content patch: Faction War is main storyline.
You're comparing just the broadest strokes.

Landfall was about Alliance and Horde arriving in a foreign land and fighting over it, with the Alliance always being in the defensive/counter-offensive role. Now, it's about each faction getting an allied land, and the Alliance launching an offensive.

Quote:
Doesn't have to. Alliance has always had the numerical advantage.
But if you wanna get technical, both sides suffer setbacks at the end: Divine Bell destroyed/Rastakahn dead on Horde side, Anduin/Jaina&Megadork out for the count on Alliance side.´
You are comparing a plot device with a big name character, just to start. Also fail to address the Alliance invading a kingdom, which is totally new.

Quote:
Huh? Where? I thought they all came out stronger and more united after Teldrassil and Kul Tiras? Isn't that what you said a few weeks back?
I don't remember what I said months ago, but Tyrande and Anduin butting heads and Genn taking Tyrande's side shows unity is not as strong as previously thought. I also said the Alliance was going to take a darker road at some point, and things are pointing toward that now.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:00 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Why would the Alliance trust a bunch of dark-magic-based savages who just commited merciless genocide on a whole human kingdom?
Rule of Cool©. It doesn't have to make sense as long as it's cool! Maybe I'm thinking too much like Blizzard now...
Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 AM

Eternal

Quote:
So? I never claimed otherwise.

Quote:
a big name character
That's up for debate. He was a non-entity before BfA. Now Zul, on the other hand, that was a big name character who has actually played an important role in previous expansions.
Quote:
Also fail to address the Alliance invading a kingdom, which is totally new.
Durotar, Barrens and Tirisfal would like to have a word...
Anyway, the point is, Release barely had any faction war, next content patch barely has anything else.

Quote:
I don't remember what I said months ago, but Tyrande and Anduin butting heads and Genn taking Tyrande's side shows unity is not as strong as previously thought. I also said the Alliance was going to take a darker road at some point, and things are pointing toward that now.
That's fine...if you're alliance.
Me as a Horde player, i get to do the same shit as in MoP, which is to hate my Warchief, being forced to do his/her bullshit and eventually become a rebell...
Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
That would be a nice touch.

Good points.

Landfall was about Alliance and Horde arriving in a foreign land and fighting over it, with the Alliance always being in the defensive/counter-offensive role. Now, it's about each faction getting an allied land, and the Alliance launching an offensive.

You are comparing a plot device with a big name character, just to start. Also fail to address the Alliance invading a kingdom, which is totally new.

Actually, I see some serious potential with that Tyrande Storyline:

1. It sounds like while the Alliance definitely has the upper hand for the moment, Tyrande might actually be jeopardizing that opening up that Darkshore Warfront. Anduin May have been planning on Kaldorei and/or Worgen support for operations in Arathi, Kul’tiras, etc. Obviously not Zuldazar since that is apparently a success. Or maybe they won’t available at a critical juncture in the future, leaving another Alliance Capital vulnerable.

2. How much of a toll is this Night Warrior going to exact on Tyrande. It seems like after a battle, the Night Warrior still needs to be “sated.” Is Tyrande now compelled to homicide? Is this something she can turn off, or will she never be able to stop killing? Is she now capable of waging war on Sylvanas’ level? Maiev’s age old quip about wiping out civilizations comes to mind.

As for Horde, I could see two possibilities that might subvert a retread of Vol’jin’s rebellion.

1. The rebellion fails.

2. The rebellion succeeds, but we find out too late that we actually did need Sylvanas for some reason involving the Void. This seems less likely now that the Loa are established as not involved in her rise to power.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:27 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Actually, I see some serious potential with that Tyrande Storyline:

1. It sounds like while the Alliance definitely has the upper hand for the moment, Tyrande might actually be jeopardizing that opening up that Darkshore Warfront. Anduin May have been planning on Kaldorei and/or Worgen support for operations in Arathi, Kul’tiras, etc. Obviously not Zuldazar since that is apparently a success. Or maybe they won’t available at a critical juncture in the future, leaving another Alliance Capital vulnerable.

2. How much of a toll is this Night Warrior going to exact on Tyrande. It seems like after a battle, the Night Warrior still needs to be “sated.” Is Tyrande now compelled to homicide? Is this something she can turn off, or will she never be able to stop killing? Is she now capable of waging war on Sylvanas’ level? Maiev’s age old quip about wiping out civilizations comes to mind.

As for Horde, I could see two possibilities that might subvert a retread of Vol’jin’s rebellion.

1. The rebellion fails.

2. The rebellion succeeds, but we find out too late that we actually did need Sylvanas for some reason involving the Void. This seems less likely now that the Loa are established as not involved in her rise to power.
The night warrior thing both amuses and worries me. I'm interested to see where it goes.

The rebellion, yeah, Blizzard may yet subvert expectations. Judging from what we know so far, I'm not liking the idea. However, a future twist may make me revise my stance.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post

1. The rebellion fails.
And then what? All Horde player characters get executed for high treason? Because that's how failed rebellions end...

Quote:
This is the most likely outcome.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:05 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Some NPCs from WoWhead:

Xal'atath's "body" is a void elf.

Zekhan He uses the exact same model as Master Gadrin from Sen'jin Village. Maybe they're secret brothers?

Forsaken Delaryn Summermoon

Also, draenei shaman are getting new totems. Hopefully tauren shaman will follow, theirs are even more outdated.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 09-29-2018 at 03:16 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 03:49 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

at this point why bother with paying attention to the story it's off the rails retarted

oh but all the dark ranger dead night elves serve sylvanas because they are persecuted and seek salvation in death of their own people let's help genocide them(????????????) or some fake bullshit like that

blizzard needs to fire and replace the entire writing and design team at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
at this point why bother with paying attention to the story it's off the rails retarted

oh but all the dark ranger dead night elves serve sylvanas because they are persecuted and seek salvation in death of their own people let's help genocide them(????????????) or some fake bullshit like that

blizzard needs to fire and replace the entire writing and design team at this point
Yeah, the dark ranger thing really bothers me. I'm half-expecting a reveal that Sylvanas is actually in control of every forsaken that was raised by her val'kyr at any point.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Knaifu has evolved into Overly Attached Girlfriend!
Looks like she has dialogue for priests, based on the "I am... glad -- we could spend time together again. You always were my favorite." Good, because that'd be amusing if she talks smack about its previous owner and that previous owner was you.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:59 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post

Like I said, "Rule of Cool©". And they won't be firing the writing team any time soon, because they higher-ups all seem to think this is all great stuff that they're coming up with.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Looks like she has dialogue for priests, based on the "I am... glad -- we could spend time together again. You always were my favorite." Good, because that'd be amusing if she talks smack about its previous owner and that previous owner was you.
There seem to be two responses based on who is doing the quest. One where she speaks to someone and badmouths the priest who abandoned her and one where she's talking to that priest being all nice and "forgiving".
Old 09-30-2018, 06:24 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Here goes:

I hate BFA

Mostly because of the stupid azerite system, it is ridiculously stupid azerite trait stacking is fucking retarded and Assassination rogues are fucking cancer worst part about the pvp system is that i miss the conquest points system same with the valor point stuff blizzard said one thing in wod (we want to free up your bag space) and now we have well the opposite stack azerite traits and shit.

the honor stuff that is weekly is stupid as well.

the game is basically do mythic+ raid or pvp outside of that there is nothing else to do, legion at least had something to do. the cache changes are fucking retarded I have been vocal about this but you people dont want to admit it, because according to some of you the entire community is at fault or some shit.

Azerite should just be guaranteed from one of the caches at least.

I am glad my sub is ending as i cant wait for this shit to get over, allied races are ok but i dont want to lvl them to max lvl becausse of the azerite system.

Last edited by Gurzog; 09-30-2018 at 06:33 PM..
Old 09-30-2018, 07:26 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Here goes:

I hate BFA

Mostly because of the stupid azerite system, it is ridiculously stupid azerite trait stacking is fucking retarded and Assassination rogues are fucking cancer worst part about the pvp system is that i miss the conquest points system same with the valor point stuff blizzard said one thing in wod (we want to free up your bag space) and now we have well the opposite stack azerite traits and shit.

the honor stuff that is weekly is stupid as well.

the game is basically do mythic+ raid or pvp outside of that there is nothing else to do, legion at least had something to do. the cache changes are fucking retarded I have been vocal about this but you people dont want to admit it, because according to some of you the entire community is at fault or some shit.

Azerite should just be guaranteed from one of the caches at least.

I am glad my sub is ending as i cant wait for this shit to get over, allied races are ok but i dont want to lvl them to max lvl becausse of the azerite system.
So it's that bad? I haven't been subscribed since last December because I didn't like the direction things were going.

How are monk and warlock? They're my mains.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft