Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
They just HAD to make their stupid war campaign a requirement for unlocking world quests, didn't they?
Sometimes i really fucking hate Blizz...
I'm more annoyed at needing to wait for next week to continue my research because of Boredom Explorations. More like Waiting For Azeroth... is there anything that isn't timegated?

.... i'm doing my first set of Dailies. I got the same damn ring for three different quests.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-18-2018 at 10:50 AM..
Old 08-18-2018, 10:51 AM

Huntress

The Game Theorist is Youtube cancer.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:25 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Someone unlocked the first part of the Vol'jin questline, apparently it requires revered with the Zandalari Empire and completion of the Zandalar Forever storyline.

What's really interesting is a single line from Bwonsamdi:

Ay, Vol'jin? Come on outta dat urn. Wait... wait, wait... no! Where be da spirit?! Where be Vol'jin?
No! No! Impossible. Da boss ain't gonna like dis. Ol' Bwonsamdi not been losin' a spirit in... oh, dis be bad.

Bwonsamdi has a "boss?" This has some huge implications on the death as a major enemy group theory. Could the boss be Mueh'zala, or a hypothesized "Death Lord" akin to the Void Lords?
Old 08-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Someone unlocked the first part of the Vol'jin questline, apparently it requires revered with the Zandalari Empire and completion of the Zandalar Forever storyline.

What's really interesting is a single line from Bwonsamdi:

Ay, Vol'jin? Come on outta dat urn. Wait... wait, wait... no! Where be da spirit?! Where be Vol'jin?
No! No! Impossible. Da boss ain't gonna like dis. Ol' Bwonsamdi not been losin' a spirit in... oh, dis be bad.

Bwonsamdi has a "boss?" This has some huge implications on the death as a major enemy group theory. Could the boss be Mueh'zala, or a hypothesized "Death Lord" akin to the Void Lords?
Gah! I must do this quest line!
Old 08-18-2018, 02:53 PM

Arch-Druid

I finished all Kul'Tiras Zones and I must say, I liked them better than the Legion Ones.

Sure, it were often Standard Blizzard Quests. But Zones Zones all had a different flavour and a a coherent storyline.

Favorite Zone is Drustvar. Also liked Waycrest Manor, besides some people apparently getting lost in it. (It actually kinda fells like a more modern version of Old Scholo.)

Didn't like the Zandalar as much, but I guess a Horde player will appreciate them more. (Nazmir gives me a bit the creeps.)

Only thing that I have to do is to gear up a bit for Siege of Boralus. (Only managed to do the first boss with a pug. Group was way too undergeared.)

@Game Theorists:

Yeah, also there videos are far to clickbaity.

@Bwonsamdi:

Would actually fit. Seriously, we've been already specualting that Vol'jin was kinda manipulated into making Sylvanas his successor.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
They just HAD to make their stupid war campaign a requirement for unlocking world quests, didn't they?
Sometimes i really fucking hate Blizz...
Don't you just need Respected with the 3 Kul Tiras/Zandalar main reps?

Or do you mean you need to unlock the bases in order to have WQs in the respective zones?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-18-2018, 03:55 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Don't you just need Respected with the 3 Kul Tiras/Zandalar main reps?
This has been my observation as well but since you're gonna need the Faction War storyline for Flying.... and quite probably for any future Allied Races. Frankly, there's little reason not to just do it. Fun fact, i tried to finish it; hit a rep-block.

Can we just talk about how horribly misnamed the HONORbound are? I've literally just collected a corpse for future raising.

Edit: now that i think about it, even the one thing in BFA that actually deals with the Faction War... doesn't really deal with the Faction War. I know there's a raid on Boralus comming up but other than that it's mostly little incursions in each other's continent. This is the same nonsense that already screwed up Cataclysm; where's the Old World content? (Oh, right, Warfronts are timegated.)

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-18-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-18-2018, 04:31 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I'm more annoyed at needing to wait for next week to continue my research because of Boredom Explorations. More like Waiting For Azeroth... is there anything that isn't timegated?
Explorations aren't timegated.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Edit: now that i think about it, even the one thing in BFA that actually deals with the Faction War... doesn't really deal with the Faction War.
We are in the chapter 1 of this story, it's building momentum for the big confrontation.

I'm betting on we having some nice fleet-on-fleet combat in 8.1.

Then both fleets get rekt'ed.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:17 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
This has been my observation as well but since you're gonna need the Faction War storyline for Flying.... and quite probably for any future Allied Races. Frankly, there's little reason not to just do it. Fun fact, i tried to finish it; hit a rep-block.

Can we just talk about how horribly misnamed the HONORbound are? I've literally just collected a corpse for future raising.

Edit: now that i think about it, even the one thing in BFA that actually deals with the Faction War... doesn't really deal with the Faction War. I know there's a raid on Boralus comming up but other than that it's mostly little incursions in each other's continent. This is the same nonsense that already screwed up Cataclysm; where's the Old World content? (Oh, right, Warfronts are timegated.)
The only zone that has actual Alliance/Horde warfare is Stormsong Valley, and that part is only available to Alliance players and shows the Horde at their morally blackest since Teldrassil.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:38 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
I finished all Kul'Tiras Zones and I must say, I liked them better than the Legion Ones.
As great as Legion was, I honestly can't say I really liked any of its zones. They weren't bad and certainly had their moments, but overall? Nothing that I 'll ever have fond memories of. Not bad ones either, but I'm just neutral about them.

BFA, on the other hand? Out of the four zones I've completed so far, I've really liked each of them and do not foresee myself disliking Zul'dazar. Maybe Vol'dun, the other zone I am missing, but even that I doubt.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:13 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Ok, this is bullshit.

None of these is an upgrade. What the hell.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Well, you might dislike Vol'dun for not being playable.

It currently has a heavy lag problem, thanks to people, who are using an exploit to farm Hyena Mounts.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:37 AM

Demon Hunter

Started playing BFA yesterday and spent the whole day today questing in Vol'dun. I've yet to experience any lag so far here and so far the questing experience has been quite a breeze (though there have been a lot of Ally folks making the most of the War Mode here).
Old 08-19-2018, 06:07 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

War campaign done. Not much rep but as usual alliance gets all the good parts.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:34 PM

Arch-Druid

So, place your bets. What will we see about 8.1 in gamescom this week?

- Raid name/first look?
- Info on playable kul tirans/zandalari?
- More customization options announced?
- New areas (like Zul Dare and Crestfall)?
- Some new system?

Old 08-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:

- Raid name/first look?
Number 1 with a hint of Number 2 and 3. I'm actually wondering if the still-unfinished look of the female Kul Tirans isn't the actual reason they weren't introduced at launch; they make a hell of a lot more sense storywise to be unlocked once you're done with 8.0 than random Orcs and random Dwarfs. I think they ran out of time. Which leads me to Number 4: pure speculation based on the KT Humans' state - first look at the updated Worgen and Goblin models. Speculative Number 5 and 6, more like wishes on my part; Changes to Warmode (just making it a pvp toggle, none of the splitting-bullshit, PUH-LEASE...) and Changes to the awful Heart of Azeroth system. I don't expect much more in terms of World Content at this point, they'll be milking rep grind and time gating for all it's worth.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:12 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:

- Raid name/first look?
- Some new system?
- probably gonna get some Raid info. Maybe a more local dungeon to go with it.
- most likely going to get marketing on Zandalari/Kul’Tirans.
- Would love to see more customization options, but I’m not expecting info on that right now.
- Zul’Dare and Crestfall would be lovely, especially if
- The new system announced is us getting command of ships that we can use to deploy armies around the world, supply various garrisons, and patrol/pillage the Coasts.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:13 PM

Chimaera

Quote:

- Raid name/first look?
- Some new system?
My spontaneous guess would be a short trailer/preview for the Azshara raid and an accompanying max-level zone or two, as well as some more solid info on Kul Tirans and Zandalari.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 08-19-2018, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Number 1 with a hint of Number 2 and 3. I'm actually wondering if the still-unfinished look of the female Kul Tirans isn't the actual reason they weren't introduced at launch; they make a hell of a lot more sense storywise to be unlocked once you're done with 8.0 than random Orcs and random Dwarfs. I think they ran out of time. Which leads me to Number 4: pure speculation based on the KT Humans' state - first look at the updated Worgen and Goblin models. Speculative Number 5 and 6, more like wishes on my part; Changes to Warmode (just making it a pvp toggle, none of the splitting-bullshit, PUH-LEASE...) and Changes to the awful Heart of Azeroth system. I don't expect much more in terms of World Content at this point, they'll be milking rep grind and time gating for all it's worth.
I get the feeling that mag'har/dark irons were meant for the prepatch (examples: there's a mag'har orc in Anyport, and the dark irons are already working with the Alliance as well), and the kul tirans/zandalari would be gotten by the end of the max level storylines for Jaina and Talanji. But then Blizzard was out of time and decided to push everything for later.

About warmode, they can't make it work without splitting people into different instances. Or else it's just the old pvp toggle, which has its own problems.

Worgen and goblin models: I don't expect them until 8.2 at least. I don't hink Blizzard will show them for now. Even a preview like was done to other races in WoD is unlikely, IMO.

I do hope we get some new customization options. Nothing major. Just things like the belf golden eyes. Examples could be alternative chinese forsaken model, maybe night elves with different eye colors (blue for men, gold for women), DK hair colors for everyone and other small stuff like that. Oh, and some small improvements to allied races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
My spontaneous guess would be a short trailer/preview for the Azshara raid and an accompanying max-level zone or two, as well as some more solid info on Kul Tirans and Zandalari.
I'm betting on getting a trailer like of the Karazhan preview for 7.1.

And, of course, Warbringers: Azshara.

Last edited by Deicide; 08-19-2018 at 02:00 PM..
Old 08-19-2018, 02:15 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
I get the feeling that mag'har/dark irons were meant for the prepatch (examples: there's a mag'har orc in Anyport, and the dark irons are already working with the Alliance as well), and the kul tirans/zandalari would be gotten by the end of the max level storylines for Jaina and Talanji. But then Blizzard was out of time and decided to push everything for later.
Makes sense to me. I do wonder if they'll change the female Kul Tirans again Worgen-style. Males could do with more options but i don't think they'll change anymore, they look pretty finished.

Quote:
About warmode, they can't make it work without splitting people into different instances. Or else it's just the old pvp toggle, which has its own problems.
Eh, i don't know. Seems like Warmode has produced a ton of problems on the technical side and it doesn't prevent you from grouping with people who have a different toggle - i don't know if it's SUPPOSED to do it but it certainly has already fucked with healing other players during my personal druid levelling.
It wouldn't be so bad if they at least let you switch the status in the KT / ZAL capitals. I honestly feel like they'll try to pass Warmode off as a success in the short run but internally freak out about numbers and probably silently pass the fix off as an improvement. Like they always do.

Quote:
Worgen and goblin models: I don't expect them until 8.2 at least. I don't hink Blizzard will show them for now. Even a preview like was done to other races in WoD is unlikely, IMO.
Only reason i can think of for not showing them off would be a lack of time during the event; it does feel like something they'd do at Blizzcon during the Art Panel but if they're in 8.1 they might get a cameo in a trailer or so. Or at least they mention them; they've been worked on for a while.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Whoa, they actually are updating them? I thought blizzard said they'd take a look at them but didn't promise anything.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Whoa, they actually are updating them? I thought blizzard said they'd take a look at them but didn't promise anything.
Yes. They said they are working on them, but it wouldn't be ready for launch.

I think Vulpera are a nice sign in that regard. Vulpera model's body is based on goblin's, but it is way more modern, with lots more bones. Why do that just for a NPC model? My guess is that they are using the vulpera as a reason to update goblins. Vulpera head could even share bones with worgen's, BTW, as both have snouts.

Quote:
Makes sense to me. I do wonder if they'll change the female Kul Tirans again Worgen-style. Males could do with more options but i don't think they'll change anymore, they look pretty finished.
I doubt they'll change them. Their NPCs are already out, and people will complain if the playable race ends up different. At most, Blizzard should introduce new options, rather than remove what people already know.

Quote:
Eh, i don't know. Seems like Warmode has produced a ton of problems on the technical side and it doesn't prevent you from grouping with people who have a different toggle - i don't know if it's SUPPOSED to do it but it certainly has already fucked with healing other players during my personal druid levelling.
It wouldn't be so bad if they at least let you switch the status in the KT / ZAL capitals. I honestly feel like they'll try to pass Warmode off as a success in the short run but internally freak out about numbers and probably silently pass the fix off as an improvement. Like they always do.
I agree that warmode should be toggleable in more places than just Org/SW.

I think it's intended for you to be able to group with people with different toggles, or else you wouldn't be able to join instances with them.

As any new system, there'll be some changes over time, as problems are found.

Quote:
Only reason i can think of for not showing them off would be a lack of time during the event; it does feel like something they'd do at Blizzcon during the Art Panel but if they're in 8.1 they might get a cameo in a trailer or so. Or at least they mention them; they've been worked on for a while.
I just don't think the models would be ready to be shown.

My guess is that the goblin model will be presented close to 8.2 (together with playable vulpera), and worgen will appear later.

Last edited by Deicide; 08-19-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Old 08-19-2018, 05:04 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Yes. They said they are working on them, but it wouldn't be ready for launch.

I think Vulpera are a nice sign in that regard. Vulpera model's body is based on goblin's, but it is way more modern, with lots more bones. Why do that just for a NPC model? My guess is that they are using the vulpera as a reason to update goblins. Vulpera head could even share bones with worgen's, BTW, as both have snouts.
The Snekpeople are based on the Worgen, too.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Snekpeople are based on the Worgen, too.
Their models are nowhere near as detailed as vulpera's thought. Until they get better models, I won't be too hopeful about them as I am about vulpera.

(I also updated my last post replying to yours. Check it out).

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft