Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Time expansion where would you rather go?
Orcs vs. Humans Azeroth (Stormwind, Blackrock Mountain) Swamps, etc.) 2 66.67%
Tides of Darkness Lordaeron and Neighbors (or Alternate North EK) 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2021, 03:37 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Location Scouting for Time Travel Expansion

If we were to have a Time Travel relevant expansion, I see two relevant destinations

1. Orcs vs. Humans Azeroth: Stormwind, Westfall, Elwyn Forest, Redridge, Grand Hamlet, the Swamp of Sorrows, the Black Morass, the Burning Steppes/Blackrock Mountain, etc. This could be a good time for a soft reboot of the Warcraft Universe. But, even if it isn’t it’s a chance to go to Warcraft’s roots. Possible patches taking us to Dwarf Territory, Stranglethorn, etc.

2. Tides of Darkness Lordaeron and the other Eastern Kingdoms. Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Alterac, Dalaran, patches for Quel’thalas and Kul’tiras, maybe Dwarf territory as well. This might be better in that it offers places that might show more changes from time passing, or passing differently. Might be good for more of an Alternate Azeroth.

Both of these sub-continents are about the right size for an expansion
Old 04-30-2021, 03:53 PM

World Builder

Angry

Neither.

1. Time Travel is terrible, we shouldn't have done WoD and we shouldn't do any more. We definitely don't need YET ANOTHER FUCKING "HORDE IS GENOCIDAL ASSHOLES" expansion, so fuck these choices on that principle as well.

2. If I -absolutely-, gun to my head, had to pick something, it'd be the Aqir Wars.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-30-2021, 08:45 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Neither.

1. Time Travel is terrible, we shouldn't have done WoD and we shouldn't do any more. We definitely don't need YET ANOTHER FUCKING "HORDE IS GENOCIDAL ASSHOLES" expansion, so fuck these choices on that principle as well.

2. If I -absolutely-, gun to my head, had to pick something, it'd be the Aqir Wars.
Your concern with Time Travel in General is noted, and respected, but suffice to say I disagree.

The problem with Aqir Wars is that those ranged far and wide across a Pangeaic continent that if we’re honest, is too big for an expansion. I’d love to see them, but I don’t see it as practical.

I picked the two options I did based on size (Southern EK and Northern EK are about the right size for expansion continents) and nostalgia factors. Really the only other setting I consider with logical parameters *might* be war of the ancients. A revamp of Legion Zones could work.

Your point about the Horde is a good one. Really. However, that’s where things could change. I detailed it in my description.

In an Orcs and Humans expansion, Horde heroes could try and change the Horde before Stormwind falls, hold them back at Redridge. Humans don’t care and attack. Start the soft reboot.

In the ToD expansion, it could be in that Alternate Universe, at our present day, but there is no Horde. But, Lordaeron, Stromgarde and Alterac attack the MU anyway, trying to assert their new “pure” Timeway as the new “main Timeway.” Dalaran would be the Holdout and act as the player hub. In this case, we’re looking at evil alliance.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:54 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Your concern with Time Travel in General is noted, and respected, but suffice to say I disagree.

The problem with Aqir Wars is that those ranged far and wide across a Pangeaic continent that if we’re honest, is too big for an expansion. I’d love to see them, but I don’t see it as practical.

I picked the two options I did based on size (Southern EK and Northern EK are about the right size for expansion continents) and nostalgia factors. Really the only other setting I consider with logical parameters *might* be war of the ancients. A revamp of Legion Zones could work.

Your point about the Horde is a good one. Really. However, that’s where things could change. I detailed it in my description.

In an Orcs and Humans expansion, Horde heroes could try and change the Horde before Stormwind falls, hold them back at Redridge. Humans don’t care and attack. Start the soft reboot.

In the ToD expansion, it could be in that Alternate Universe, at our present day, but there is no Horde. But, Lordaeron, Stromgarde and Alterac attack the MU anyway, trying to assert their new “pure” Timeway as the new “main Timeway.” Dalaran would be the Holdout and act as the player hub. In this case, we’re looking at evil alliance.
The problem is bigger than just the Horde. Edit2 for Clarity: Bigger than the Horde being genocidal.

This would be ANOTHER expansion based in zones that only the EK races really have history in.

Elves, Dwarves, Humans.

There's nothing new or interesting for the orcs to discover in this.

Nothing new or interesting for the trolls.

Even if we make the WC2 horde less genocidally evil somehow we are retreading the SAME DAMN PLOT from WC3 and onward.

Again.

EDIT:

Forsaken don't exist. Tauren have no purpose in EK. Goblins... I mean, maybe you could do something about them war profiteering? But again that's -the plot with moving Gallywix out of power-.

I don't CARE about fixing WC2 Horde, we've done that, it's called the Modern Horde.

I don't CARE about taking the Alliance's narrative of defending themselves in a morally black and white conflict and making it grey It doesn't interest me.

I want to move FORWARD.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 04-30-2021 at 08:59 PM..
Old 05-01-2021, 02:38 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Did someone mention Amani trolls?
Old 05-01-2021, 08:55 AM

Elune

Yeah even my blind and dead great-grandpa can tell that a Time Travel expansion would be a narrative disaster. Blizz never had the writing chops for that even at their highest and their highest is 20 years behind.

Sorry m8.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:50 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Did someone mention Amani trolls?
Would probably be in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms. Possibly an opportunity to see a non-enemy Zul’jin