Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Haven't seen D3 one yet, but I did see you in SC2 then .

What happened with the Warcraft lore panel? only IGoD made it?

Also, you didn't mention SoL, IGoD. I'm disappoint, everyone saying hi to their guilds and you didn't even mention us t_t-.
The Warcraft lore panel's line started forming before the panel even started, people were getting on line during the cinematic panel that preceded it. IGoD only got up because Blizzard took special care to let him cut the line.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Oma, share your lore zone commendations!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curll View Post
Oma, share your lore zone commendations!
Oh yeah, I participated in the Warcraft lore zone gameshow and got the second and third prizes. They really did have some hard questions towards the end (Who here knew that Rexxar had a pet wolf?), though I feel they ripped me off one question.

Part of the game was where they asked us if characters first debuted in TBC or WotLK and they said "Deathbringer Saurfang". And I remember, "Saurfang the Younger", later renamed "Dranosh Saurfang" and then "Deathbringer Saurfang" DID appear in Garotar in TBC. But apparently they consider "Deathbringer Saurfang" a different character than "Dranosh Saurfang" and I got that question wrong. The other question I remember getting wrong was that I forgot that Teron's invasion of Dalaran to get the Eye of Dalaran happened in Beyond the Dark Portal rather than Tides of Darkness, and I didn't know the name of Rexxar's pet wolf (I used my "Stuffed Animal of Audience Participation" and everyone gave me the wrong answer!) but I still went home with a WoTLK artbook and a cool Thrall pin, while the first prize was a small Helm of Domination that I'd have no room for, anyway.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

You also totally guessed on the meaning of Medivh's name and the pit lord at the Battle of Mt. Hyjal You noob

You also got *by far* the easiest questions for some reason. Some of the earlier ones were absolutely ridiculous, like "Which leg was Nekros Skullcrusher missing?" or "Which side did Lothremar wear his eyepatch on?" (plus a bunch with random nobody npcs that no one fucking remembers).

I would have liked to get on stage but I am awful at shouting out answers before other people

The Rexxar one was dumb though. I would really like to know where that wolf is from. It must be a questline in Blade's Edge. I vaguely recognized the name but couldn't place where - I assumed because I saw him as a mob in WoW somewhere.

P.S. - I should have told you, audience lies like a mother. I should have shouted out true even though I didn't really know. The fact that the name was familiar to me should have been enough to guess.

Edit: Also you didn't know who Mogor was haha

Seriously, I just want a WarCraft 2 trivia contest so I can smoke everyone on crazy minute details too

Last edited by Warlock; 10-24-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 PM

World Builder

Runes

I did. I want to say her name was Hratha but I'm not sure. She died by warlock lifedrain.

EDIT:

I want to say right leg and right eyepatch.

The wolf was from the Beyond The Dark Portal Novel, not blade's edge.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-24-2011, 12:37 PM

Keeper of Lore

They also should probably stop using old questions "Alive or Dead? Ragnaros" is kind of a nebulous one Both contestants said dead and they gave it to them. I suspect the answer was *supposed* to be alive since it was probably written before 4.2.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Where the elemental spirits these guys? and the second smaller image on the right?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Keeper of Lore

Yes, or at least it was one of those guys (I don't remember what the face looked like - it looks like some of those pictures have different face armor/mask things.

Only water and fire actually had models. Earth looked like a normal earth elemental and air looked like a yellow spark (kind of like a wisp I guess but not quite)
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Yes, or at least it was one of those guys (I don't remember what the face looked like - it looks like some of those pictures have different face armor/mask things.

Only water and fire actually had models. Earth looked like a normal earth elemental and air looked like a yellow spark (kind of like a wisp I guess but not quite)
Well the one in the middle is obviously Water the Other on the right is either fire or air, but since you said fire had a model i'm going to say that probably it's fire
Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

The latter part of the demo didn't implement many things, including cut scene cinematic, and some quests didn't have any text either. And there were certain models still using the old ones or PHs. Which caused me a few misunderstandings. But thanks to Cantus, now I got the storyline straight, for the demo and, for now.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:20 PM

World Builder

Runes

Who / what are those stick figures in the top left then?

"Wood" elementals for life / earth?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-24-2011, 01:22 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Well the one in the middle is obviously Water the Other on the right is either fire or air, but since you said fire had a model i'm going to say that probably it's fire
Looking at it again, I'd say the one in the middle (left-most) was probably the water one. I want to say one of them had the wide eyes like that one on the right though.

The fire one was obviously that orange color either way.

Edit: Oh yeah, there were wood versions of these guys in that forest where the sensei guy dies. You had to kill a bunch of them. I don't think the color matched any of those from the screenshot - they were a brown or grayish color. I'm pretty sure they were not the stick guys on the top left, though maybe that is the final model for them and what they had was a placeholder?

Edit 2: BTW, I want to say the water guy's name was Shu or Shoo.

Edit 3: Other random tidbits that I just remembered

-Monk class color was white. I suspect this will be changed
-Pandaren had no /dance emote animation at all In fact, they seemed to be lacking a few others like /wave (I think?)

Last edited by Warlock; 10-24-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Looking at it again, I'd say the one in the middle (left-most) was probably the water one. I want to say one of them had the wide eyes like that one on the right though.

The fire one was obviously that orange color either way.

Edit: Oh yeah, there were wood versions of these guys in that forest where the sensei guy dies. You had to kill a bunch of them. I don't think the color matched any of those from the screenshot - they were a brown or grayish color. I'm pretty sure they were not the stick guys on the top left, though maybe that is the final model for them and what they had was a placeholder?

-Pandaren had no /dance emote animation at all In fact, they seemed to be lacking a few others like /wave (I think?)
I wonder if they'll do the Numa-Numa.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:43 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
I wonder if they'll do the Numa-Numa.
Is there a dance that goes with the song "Kung Fu Fighting"?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:43 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

So am I the only one who wants one of those little guys as a pet?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM

Keeper of Lore

I'm sure they will be at some point Esp with all the pokemon battles coming
Old 10-24-2011, 01:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

I am pretty sure the water elemental spirit is Shu.

And Pandarens don't have roar, laugh, dance, sit, sleep emotions yet. They still got plenty of works to do, I doubt MOP will be released in 1 year. Maybe we might have to wait until 2013.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Maybe we might have to wait until 2013.
I sincerely doubt that.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I sincerely doubt that.
They show far less game system information than the announcement of Cataclysm. The scenarios, pet combat systems, and PVE battlegrounds lack of promises as there's no true demo video, just like concepts. I'm very afraid of that one of the ideas might be dropped just like the Path of Titans.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
They show far less game system information than the announcement of Cataclysm. The scenarios, pet combat systems, and PVE battlegrounds lack of promises as there's no true demo video, just like concepts. I'm very afraid of that one of the ideas might be dropped just like the Path of Titans.
They -can't- just expect everyone to live off of 4.4 for an entire year.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 10-24-2011, 01:58 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
ICC was around for about that long. Don't be surprised if we're still farming Deathwing this time next year.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yet we lived for 3.3 from 8 December 2009 to 12 October 2010, which was more than 10 months.

And Don't forget, there will be a great world event leading the game into Mists of Pandaria.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:01 PM

Keeper of Lore

I don't think 2013. But the game is far from done. I think it was very telling that the demo not only lacked level 10 talents, but you couldn't see future spells/skills like you can right now (I rolled a Rogue one time to see if it'd show future spells in my spellbook and it doesn't anymore).

They really should have demoed, say, a level 85 character with the new end-game starting zone (as well as the lvl 1 starting zone), but they didn't. I suspect that's because a lot of it isn't complete.

I'm sure *some* things were specifically removed from the demo due to incompleteness and/or ready-to-demo-ness, but a lot of what they announced was not evidenced anywhere in the demo at all.

Edit: I suspect 4.4 will have *some* content anyways. They said there will not be another raid but they never ruled out anything else (ex: like the new Darkmoon Faire, or a battleground, or what have you).

My current suspicion is late-summer, early fall 2012 for beta test.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
You also totally guessed on the meaning of Medivh's name
I got that one right! I was just a tad confused because I knew that neither his nor Khadgar's names were English/Common, and one meant "keeper of secrets" and the other meant "truth".
[/quote]and the pit lord at the Battle of Mt. Hyjal You noob [/quote]
I thought the dude said "Azgalor!"

Quote:
You also got *by far* the easiest questions for some reason. Some of the earlier ones were absolutely ridiculous, like "Which leg was Nekros Skullcrusher missing?" or "Which side did Lothremar wear his eyepatch on?" (plus a bunch with random nobody npcs that no one fucking remembers).
That Lor'themar question was a ripoff considering that they stopped drawing him with missing eyes!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:08 PM

Keeper of Lore

I'm having a hard time remembering a lot of the earlier questions, but I think the ones especially before you got there were really bad. Like, asking about random, unimportant npcs several times or weird, obscure facts.

Also, do people really remember Draka's father's name?

Overall though, the "this or this" questions tended to be the most bullshit ones, unless you got an easy catagory like "which game was ___ in?" A lot of the others you can probably guess pretty accurately because she would usually pick something blatently stupid when she was lying.

Still, it amazes me someone thought Vereesa Windrunner was the leader of the Forsaken.....

Edit: I'll also admit I totally would have gotten the Sindragosa voice clip wrong because I only killed her like twice and I totally thought that was Lady Deathwhisper. The chick that does that voice uses the same exact voice everywhere (though it's an awesome voice )

Also the Argent Crusade was really the Argent Dawn & Knights of the Silver Hand? I thought the "Crusade" part of that specifically referred to them incorporating ex-Scarlet Crusade members.... not that I would have missed that because the name she gave instead of KotSH was some weird made-up group.

Last edited by Warlock; 10-24-2011 at 02:12 PM..

Tags
blizzcon, warlock rules